Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Marching Powder posted:

jj hit andrade in the face for 25 minutes straight and not only was andrade not hurt she felt chipper enough to propose marriage to her girlfriend immediately after the fight. p4p, jj is perhaps the most feather-fisted champ in the history of the ufc. what i'm saying is, she isn't murdering anyone.

Michelle just looked terrified while trading with someone bad enough to get outstruck by Jojo. If there's someone she can murder, it's Michelle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Untrustable
Mar 17, 2009

kimbo305 posted:

Ignoring all the armchair business dealing, I'm just sad these guys aren't getting viewership:
https://www.mmafighting.com/2018/7/31/17637266/ufc-on-fox-30-does-perplexing-lowest-rating-in-series-history

Well where I live there was no way to watch it because the local fox affiliates don't show UFC on Fox cards. I can watch the fight nights on FS1 but nothing on regular Fox.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
https://youtu.be/OhReKctULws

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

I've found my interest in the ufc waning. I'm not even sure why exactly but missing cards entirely is becoming more and more of an option.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

It's definitely the reasons listed here. The last card was a week ago and it was a title fight away from being a solid PPV card. I have been slacking on keeping up with things and when I saw 227 was this Saturday my initial reaction was "No way they just ran a killer card."

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Rewatching the Aldo-Stephens fight which has Aldo's full walkout and crying, lol.

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

https://twitter.com/UFCEurope/status/1024566679563657216?s=19

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Sick fight. I thought both of those dudes were gone.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Future UFC Champion Hall of Famer Nikita "The Al Capone" Krylov

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
https://gfycat.com/RapidActiveKrill

bring back our boy

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

CarlCX posted:

It's a really lovely matchmaking spot, because Joanna doesn't really deserve another title shot but she's also beaten the rest of the top six in the division. Safest bet is the winner of Kowalkiewicz/Andrade is the next contender, and Esparza/Suarez is on the undercard, so you probably have Joanna fight the winner of that because she'll almost certainly murder either one of them and make her case for yet another shot.

Ah yes, the Fitch conundrum.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

"He's saying poo poo to you, and you just... you can't believe what he's saying to you, as he's saying it to you...." - Frank Shamrock.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
Hes saying jet fuel doesnt melt steel beams

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

I.N.R.I posted:

Hes saying jet fuel doesnt melt steel beams

He's clearly saying that wheat is poison

Troxartas
Jan 13, 2007

The Old Warhorse

Hell Yeah Al Capone The Miner

pepperchomp
Jan 27, 2007

chomp chomp chomp

Why did they cut krylov in the first place? If I remember correctly, he had like one loss after like 3 or 4 finishes and was gone. His fights were fun. Did he leave after his contract was out?

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

pepperchomp posted:

Why did they cut krylov in the first place? If I remember correctly, he had like one loss after like 3 or 4 finishes and was gone. His fights were fun. Did he leave after his contract was out?

they wouldn't pay him so he left after his contract was up iirc. then the ufc realised he was an excellent prospect in a dead division and brought him back.

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

they cut Cirkunov as well for a few months after he beat Krylov

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Ah, the champion.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Jesus christ lol

That man is incredible.

jay z's sedan
Nov 22, 2005

milk truck just arrive

What a beautiful language lol

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFevH5vP32s&t=25s

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

whats wrong with him.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

I.N.R.I posted:

whats wrong with him.

A lot lol

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Is he still alive?

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Marching Powder posted:

they wouldn't pay him so he left after his contract was up iirc. then the ufc realised he was an excellent prospect in a dead division and brought him back.

It was a balance of pay, and that he wanted to spend more time in Ukraine near his family. It was almost the exact same situation as Horiguchi, except with ruples.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Krylov is not a world beater at all but he's good and young, and in a timeline where Jon Jones doesn't exist, Rumble Johnson is either selling weed or fighting at heavyweight and Cormier is a two division champ with an expiration date, the UFC needs him to round out the lhw rankings and I am glad he is back.

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice

I.N.R.I posted:

whats wrong with him.

Massively successful at a young age and didn't have to give a gently caress for the back 3/4 of his life.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
https://twitter.com/bullyb170/status/1024850120377073664

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

yeah pretty much

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

16 pound cut

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://twitter.com/Chisanga_Malata/status/1024678696588861440

Lawyers.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Hmm so I have 57 pounds to cut.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

InfiniteZero posted:

Massively successful at a young age and didn't have to give a gently caress for the back 3/4 of his life.

no i mean theres literally something wrong with him. like brain AIDS or a disruptive tumour of the Normal gland

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

If what Joe Rogan says is true, Goldberg probably has a legit stimulant dependency.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

I would normally be worried, but when an olympic or college wrestler is doing a big weight cut, then I just assume they know what they are doing unless they actually miss weight.

MysteryNad
Dec 5, 2003

Here in my guard
I feel safest of all
I can lock up my guard
It's the only way to fight
In guard

Zzulu posted:

Is he still alive?

he's gone to a better place

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

The ABC's annual meeting is over, no changes to the unified rules of MMA, but there are 4 very minor policy changes.

Going to the scorecards vs a NC after a foul ends a fight - no change for us because the new policy (scorecards after the halfway point, down to the second on the clock) only impacts 1, 2, and 4-round fights. They have to change the unified rules for 3 and 5-round fights.

Greasing - the jelly they apply before the fighter enters the cage can now be re-applied between rounds, but only by the cutman.

KO definition - Current: arbitrary decision by the referee and/or commission. New: Fighter is physically unable to defend themselves = KO, fighter is not defending themselves (eg curling up) = TKO.

Referee authority after the final bell - In the rare case of a flagrant foul after the fight is over, if the inspectors from the AC have not yet re-entered the cage, then the ref can DQ a fighter.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

MysteryNad posted:

he's gone to a better place

no, son, mike goldberg didn't die! we just sent him up to spend his days playing on a farm with all your old childhood fighters, like jon fitch, and frank mir, and alessio sakara, and if you're really good maybe we can go visit them someday

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

So which fights will fall apart before saturday

• Locked thread