Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

stillvisions posted:

That show had some great and broken moments. The suicide pact episode still stands as one of the darkest bits of absurdity/comedy I've ever seen and is creepy as hell. drat shame that show is near-impossible to find.

I feel pretty nonplussed about Paranoia Agent but for that episode. It is gold.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Dapper_Swindler posted:

giger isn't a weird chud. is he? i hope not. i know he just made cock/vagina monsters.

Giger’s been dead since 2014. He predeceased the rise of the alt-right by months, so I don’t think you need to worry about that one.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

nine-gear crow posted:

Giger’s been dead since 2014. He predeceased the rise of the alt-right by months, so I don’t think you need to worry about that one.

i am not worried. was just curious.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

nine-gear crow posted:

He was born dead. He is still, still born.

my parents boyfriend
Jan 28, 2007

Angel of Piratey Death, Yarrr!
To be fair, didn't stop the media from asking if Elliot Rodger was the first alt right killer. That was quite some idiocy.

lobster22221
Jul 11, 2017

Dapper_Swindler posted:

giger isn't a weird chud. is he? i hope not. i know he just made cock/vagina monsters.

Not that I know of. His stuff reminds me of the more physically monstrous lovecraft archetypes, and he has a penchant for sexual imagery. TBH I know nothing about the guy himself.

Edit: He died in 2014.

lobster22221 fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Aug 1, 2018

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

my parents boyfriend posted:

To be fair, didn't stop the media from asking if Elliot Rodger was the first alt right killer. That was quite some idiocy.

i mean, he was a proto one. and alot of the more incel focused chuds still view him as some fallen hero.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

my parents boyfriend posted:

I mean, he was basically the proto-incel. Most pieces I saw talking about that meant it in a context of 'huh, maybe we should have taken this a bit more seriously', like how almost every single mass shooter tends to have 'domestic abuser' in some form on his record before he goes a-shootin.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

He wasn't a proto-incel because incels already existed at the time of his killings. He just wasn't directly traceable to any of their communities.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Incels have been killing people since before they named themselves. The killer at École Polytechnique in Montreal was identical to a modern incel. Spree killers are also frequently reactionaries. The killers at Columbine idolized Hitler and chose his birthday for their killings, for example. Their journals are full of nazi iconography as well.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Ghostlight posted:

He wasn't a proto-incel because incels already existed at the time of his killings. He just wasn't directly traceable to any of their communities.

True also He wasn’t even the first to do it for incel poo poo. There was the Montreal rear end in a top hat shooter and also some dude who shot up a gym and had some videos. https://youtu.be/f2tcEwbO6ZA

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Nothing wrong with discussing the classic Amazing Athetist Banana Act of the 2000s.

Remember the hookerverse? Good times.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Don’t forget that he recorded himself pouring boiling oil on his micropenis. More importantly, don’t forget that he’s a disgusting fascist.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Jesus I thought you were still talking about Giger there, but it seems his good name and standing are secure.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Inspector Gesicht posted:

Jesus I thought you were still talking about Giger there, but it seems his good name and standing are secure.

Giger would just paint an entire wall with a picture of a device for pouring boiling oil on microprnises in a strangely erotic way.

lobster22221
Jul 11, 2017

Darth Walrus posted:

Giger would just paint an entire wall with a picture of a device for pouring boiling oil on microprnises in a strangely erotic way.

You say that like its a bad thing.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
Giger was eccentric as heck with his art and a bit of a recluse but supposedly was actually a very nice guy.

lobster22221
Jul 11, 2017

Mokinokaro posted:

Giger was eccentric as heck with his art and a bit of a recluse but supposedly was actually a very nice guy.

This is actually a happy thing to hear.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

RareAcumen posted:

Oh holy poo poo, Nickelodeon made a death trap? I gotta see this thing.
Not really its pretty tame for defunctland standards, Nick just kind of moved on and didn't want to use a Holiday Inn Resort anymore

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

achillesforever6 posted:

I remember seeing ads for this on Nick all the time
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CN9HpYrjeM

i never knew they basically gave the spongebob license to anyone.

also the gently caress suite .

Dapper_Swindler fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Aug 2, 2018

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

Mokinokaro posted:

It always warmed my heart knowing that Giger and Zdzislaw Beksinski were really nice, well-adjusted guys that put all of their weird poo poo on their canvases.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Yea all accounts of randos meeting Giger were 'weird guy, likes to be left alone, but as long as you're not a dick about things he was perfectly happy to meet fans and treated people well'. Unless something real poo poo was being covered up he was just a nice dude who had a weird sense of aesthetic and wanted to share.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

achillesforever6 posted:

Not really its pretty tame for defunctland standards, Nick just kind of moved on and didn't want to use a Holiday Inn Resort anymore

Before watching it, I could only remember The Action Park episode so that's why I was all jazzed up for a train wreck.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Dapper_Swindler posted:

i never knew they basically gave the spongebob license to anyone.

also the gently caress suite .

Related to Sponge Bob licenses.

World Record Progression: Kash Dash - Episode 7: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmiVpSs-GXQ

KayTee
May 5, 2012

Whachoodoin?

Tired Moritz posted:

Remember the hookerverse? Good times.

*sigh* fine. I'll do it.

WTF was the Hookerverse?

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
it was channel awesome universe / real person fan fiction where all the personalities were sex workers who were abusing each other and being abused for ~drama~

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

Hel posted:

So that rebranding/resurrection of the escapist doesn't look like it's going to be any good, unsurprisingly.

https://twitter.com/Jed05/status/1024071750253006848

They rehired Moviebob. It was never going to be good.

lobster22221
Jul 11, 2017

DoctorWhat posted:

it was channel awesome universe / real person fan fiction where all the personalities were sex workers who were abusing each other and being abused for ~drama~

Sometimes I hate the internet. Other times it produces something so absolutely stupid I can't be mad.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

DoctorWhat posted:

So not the TJ Hooker expanded universe

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Being an internet personality is like being a sex worker tbh

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

KayTee posted:

*sigh* fine. I'll do it.

WTF was the Hookerverse?

The Captain Hook Cinematic Universe

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Doublepost because Shaun strikes again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJ_Nql0p8UA

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

RareAcumen posted:

The Captain Hook Cinematic Universe

I really hoped it was an elaborate string of Hook fanfic/theories.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

It's actually the international community of Peter Hook fans

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

I Before E posted:

It's actually the international community of Peter Hook fans

is there any Joy Division/MGS 3 crossover allowed

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

RareAcumen posted:

Doublepost because Shaun strikes again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJ_Nql0p8UA

hosed up that green people are written out of European history.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

a cartoon duck posted:

hosed up that green people are written out of European history.

I can’t watch until later so maybe this is pointless, but is this about the folklore story of the children of Woolpit? Because a bunch of Medieval English, according to the story, took the children in and made them part of the community even though they were orphan refugees from a lost kingdom at the center of the Earth or whatever.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

It was a joke about the Green Knight in Arthurian lore.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

business hammocks posted:

I can’t watch until later so maybe this is pointless, but is this about the folklore story of the children of Woolpit? Because a bunch of Medieval English, according to the story, took the children in and made them part of the community even though they were orphan refugees from a lost kingdom at the center of the Earth or whatever.

no it isn't

edit mate you killed my bit :mad:

Goa Tse-tung fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Aug 2, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

don't lose your head over it