Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

wow, so cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy

Sagebrush posted:

Are you loving kidding

There's only one giant screen in the car, there is no way to ensure that only a passenger is playing, and because it's big and central it will always be a distraction

why not just hook it up to Netflix while you're at it, Lonny

let him do it

it will make teslas illegal to drive until it's removed

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

this is a good fit

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Elon musk kill the company

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

CBS says everything is fine

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/tesla-on-track-to-turn-a-profit-this-year/

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
just play ready player one on loop at full volume the entire time anybody is in the car

Toady
Jan 12, 2009

wtf is going on

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy
elon make the tesla model rick and morty spaceship with rocket parts from spacex and pre-loaded with mcd szenchuan sauce!!

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
1) vehicle accelerates into stationary objects

2) not enough video games

we only have enough cash on hand to address one of these issues

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Pokemon Go for Tesla

shiny monster egg appears on dash screen three lanes over a hundred yards ahead

*COLLECT THE EGG FOR ELON ÉLAN*

/wrenches wheel to left

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

someone please photoshop this onto the dash of a tesla and then recursively into the dash of the outrun car tia

edit: also flames

edit 2:alternative game title "outrun your creditors "

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

the demo mode of out run drives the car better than his self-driving tech does

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

the only Outrun thing I would want my smart electric car to do would be to know when I was 1m30 from home and play ‘Last Wave’ so it finished as I pulled up on my driveway :colbert:

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

hobbesmaster posted:

what kind of options can you buy for tesla that approximate shorting?

President Beep posted:

iunno. some of their hosed up batteries?

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug
pokemon go at 80mph into a concrete wall

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Cocoa Crispies posted:

pokemon go at 80mph into a concrete wall

the wall was hidden behind snorlax

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

car tried to learn BRAKE!

but car can only know four moves

forget which move to learn BRAKE?

steer >escape
trunk [advertisement]

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮

Jonny 290 posted:

just play ready player one on loop at full volume the entire time anybody is in the car

eh, the book was better

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

Jonny 290 posted:

as if tesla owners don't do that already

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

Silver Alicorn posted:

eh, the book was better

Jesus how bad was the movie then?

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
some traps being sprung this morn' afternoon.

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

mrmcd posted:

Jesus how bad was the movie then?

I have avoided all contact with Ernest Cline

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

I assume they skipped the part where zer0c00l or whoever has to recite the entirety of Monty python and the holy grail for the movie, so it is automatically worse

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Silver Alicorn posted:

I have avoided all contact with Ernest Cline

Ernest Goes to the 1980s

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

flakeloaf posted:

Ernest Goes to the 1980s

where's the beef, vern?

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

Video game crash of 2018

This article is about the Tesla crash caused by Atari video games. For the industry crash caused by Atari video games, see Video game crash of 1983.

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

Zamujasa posted:

Video game crash of 2018

This article is about the Tesla crash caused by Atari video games. For the industry crash caused by Atari video games, see Video game crash of 1983.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Zamujasa posted:

Video game crash of 2018

model threes buried in the desert

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Zamujasa posted:

Video game crash of 2018

snort

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Zamujasa posted:

Video game crash of 2018

Toady
Jan 12, 2009

ready player one was so bad, mst3k's mike nelson recorded a podcast series dissecting it from beginning to end http://372pages.com

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Zamujasa posted:

Video game crash of 2018

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Zamujasa posted:

Video game crash of 2018

e.t. the 300,000 extra defective teslas

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Zamujasa posted:

Video game crash of 2018

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Toady posted:

ready player one was so bad, mst3k's mike nelson recorded a podcast series dissecting it from beginning to end http://372pages.com

did you keep listening through the series dissecting armada? even they were surprised that it could manage to be worse than rp1

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ready player one is "what if The Last Starfighter, but all of pop culture instead of just one video game"

armada is "what if The Last Starfighter"

like, that's it, it's just a 1:1 ripoff of that movie

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Sagebrush posted:

ready player one is "what if The Last Starfighter, but all of pop culture instead of just one video game"

i think i read that theres a point in the novel where even the characters comment on how similar their situation is to the last starfighter

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Sagebrush posted:

what if charlie and the chocolate factory but 80s pop culture instead of morals and second life instead of a factory

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

FMguru posted:

i think i read that theres a point in the novel where even the characters comment on how similar their situation is to the last starfighter

yeah, i've seen it quoted.

the podcast also mentioned a part where it is literally just a list of nerd things that came out by year.

but, at risk of springing a trap: the rp1 movie is not good, but it is *vastly* better than the book.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
rp1 would have been vastly more tolerable if it was written by somebody who was not a hack, somebody who could take the tropes and concepts that cline literally xeroxed into his manuscript and riffed / edited / refactored them

like, here

quote:

Say Anything...: Art3mis also mentions that the movie was playing on the weekend that Halliday and Karen went on their single date. Parzival is seen holding the boombox from the film, causing it to play music during the battle.

it's...it's just the scene from Say Anything. There's no introspection, no interpretation. it's just a loving cut and paste