Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Chris James 2 posted:

no you misread, their buzziness is up

He's upset because a major league promotion with great buzz is beloved by all except the vocal minority while the minor league promotion can't sell out and is on the way down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

MassRafTer posted:

He's upset because a major league promotion with great buzz is beloved by all except the vocal minority while the minor league promotion can't sell out and is on the way down.

ROH stinks

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

fart blood posted:

ROH stinks

That's not stink, that's buzz.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

MassRafTer posted:

That's not stink, that's buzz.

Are you sure it’s a buzz and not a fart?

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I unironically like ROH, I'm genuinely filled to the brim with buzz!

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

I gotta say, fellas, there's so much buzz around, are we sure this thread is about Ring Of Honor professional wrestling, because with all this buzz, I could swear it was about the dang Bee Movie!

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

I Before E posted:

I gotta say, fellas, there's so much buzz around, are we sure this thread is about Ring Of Honor professional wrestling, because with all this buzz, I could swear it was about the dang Bee Movie!

Ring of Honor but every time the fans chant Too Sweet it gets replaced with the entire Bee Movie

Roque11
Aug 7, 2016
I bet after ROH sells out MSG they will get signed to a new TV deal by the Turner networks or Viacom.

Genericide
Jan 20, 2004

the b team vs the killer bees book it

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

NienNunb posted:

I unironically like ROH, I'm genuinely filled to the brim with buzz!

I also unironicly like roh but I'm mad that marty didnt beat Dalton.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
ROH needs to get the Buzz Beer licensing from Drew Carey to really let the buzz take over.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
I don't really care about RoH week to week anymore which is sad, but not surprising when you look at the insane amount of talent that is in WWE or more full time NJPW now, but they're still a blast to see live and I always go to local shows

Maybe that's why attendance is good but no one cares about watching the shows online

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

That's my own personal experience as well.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Yea I still go live any time I can because I’ve never had a bad time.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

live wrestling, no matter how terrible or boring is still always fun. Except WWE. I've been to their live events and its like bleargh.

But ROH always does up a few good matches that sometimes don't translate well to DVD or TV. I remember seeing Delirious in some multiman thing take a real bad neck spill and the entire universe stopped until he stood up. I got the DVD of the show and the spot didn't even register. Wild stuff.

coconono fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Jul 24, 2018

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
PWInsider.com confirmed Flip Gordon recently signed a two-year deal with ROH that will keep him with the company through 2020.

I don't blame him they have treated him really well.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Nobody's done a better job recently of putting Magnus over (until Cody does it at All In, of course), so yeah keep that kind of help around

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

https://twitter.com/SantanaLAX/status/1023984753169588225

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
I watch ROH every week. I think I enjoy it more than raw but who knows anymore.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

WatermelonGun posted:

I watch ROH every week. I think I enjoy it more than raw but who knows anymore.

Enjoying ROH TV more than RAW isn't saying much

Explosions
Apr 20, 2015

rovert posted:

PWInsider.com confirmed Flip Gordon recently signed a two-year deal with ROH that will keep him with the company through 2020.

I don't blame him they have treated him really well.

Going to be tough to balance a full-time wrestling schedule with his responsibilities as a pretend army man.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Explosions posted:

Going to be tough to balance a full-time wrestling schedule with his responsibilities as a pretend army man.

He stopped being a pretend army man a couple months ago

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/ringofhonor/status/1024414255934779393

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

oh that's Chuckie T. I thought that was a really goofy lookin pic of Will Ospreay.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Gonna be fun just to see how much weird Okada freaks out Chuckie T

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Big fan of the guy immediately below who says that Okada is disrespecting God's country by not putting main event effort into ROH multiman tags.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

If anybody in that match would not only dig it but encourage it, it's Chuck

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Okada needs to go on Poppin' dogs and get real weird

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

PWInsider says they signed Joey Mercury as a trainer at their training academy and a producer behind the scenes

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Chris James 2 posted:

PWInsider says they signed Joey Mercury as a trainer at their training academy and a producer behind the scenes

That could be a hell of a solid choice.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Writer Cath posted:

That could be a hell of a solid choice.

Considering Joey was apparently key in the early days of The Shield, uh yeah.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Gonna be fun just to see how much weird Okada freaks out Chuckie T

Chuck's gonna be too busy fighting with Rocky for Trent's love.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

gonna go to it.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Cross post from the lucha thread:

Matt Taven and the Briscoes are on this Friday's CMLL card which is gonna be insane:

I'll post the links to the streams, and hopefully MRT will be able to re stream it in his synchtube channel. If he is, I'll be there and will be translating parts of commentary and promos

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Considering Joey was apparently key in the early days of The Shield, uh yeah.

How hard is it to book “3 badasses kick everyone’s rear end and never lose.”

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Bigass Moth posted:

"How hard is it to book someone to kick everyone's rear end and never lose"

20 years of everyone failing so hard to make another Goldberg, then literal Goldberg returned and was more successful than all of them.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Bigass Moth posted:

He put together their matches, not how they'd get over. They had some pretty wild matches in the early days, the joke around here used to be that the real Seth Rollins is dead, and they're on clone #4 because he kept taking insane bumps.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/ringofhonor/status/1025119159749881857

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
Yay I like Viper.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/ScrapDaddyAP/status/1025199658598051840