Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
summon suffering is back to 376231 A+B supposedly which if true absolutely means i will give this game the good college try

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Are they giving Ivy back all those weird stances she got in SC2?

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Gutter Owl posted:

I gotta admit, I'm really not getting the hype for SC6. The animations look awkward, attacks and characters feel weightless when they don't feel incorporeal, and the character/costume design choices are incredibly cluttered with dull shades and bad color separation. It's very visually muddy.

I mean, I have no idea right now if the gameplay is any good right now. I haven't played a soul calibur game in 15 years. I'm sure that's what really matters. But as someone who fell in love first with the visual artistry of fighting games, it just puts me off real bad.

I played it last weekend, and it's really cool and fun.

Looks much nicer in person too, much like Tekken 7.

BattleHamster
Mar 18, 2009

exquisite tea posted:

Are they giving Ivy back all those weird stances she got in SC2?

They talked about this a little yesterday and its looking like she only has one other stance. Here's the relevant clip https://clips.twitch.tv/PoisedGlamorousSandstormBabyRage

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Yeah serpents embrace stance is back for Ivy, from CEO gameplay of her of dude who knew what he was doing, SE seems to be pretty savage too.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
Why is it that in Blazblue I get kicked out of virtually every room I join before I even get a chance to fight. Do hosts just not realize they can set room size to 2 and just kick everyone out as they join?

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

Gutcruncher posted:

Why is it that in Blazblue I get kicked out of virtually every room I join before I even get a chance to fight. Do hosts just not realize they can set room size to 2 and just kick everyone out as they join?

Not to mention keyword their lobbies.

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
the thing that decides what peoples arbitrary netcode number has consistently been really testy and stupid for the entire series and does stuff like assign people a 0 just because it doesn't actually know what their connection is before suddenly revealing it was a 3 out of 4 the whole time (or the reverse), so just setting it to kick out people of a certain number when you already have a low number of people who would be randomly online you're kicking out too many people

this could all be solved if they ever just showed you the actual frame delay, but somehow only gg and dbz are allowed to have an idea that simple + smart

lets burn
Nov 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Is there a larger DBFZ thread? The game has a lot of mechanics that I have specific questions about.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

lets burn posted:

Is there a larger DBFZ thread? The game has a lot of mechanics that I have specific questions about.

Yep
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3831421&perpage=40&pagenumber=282

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Here's a trailer for a new DOA6 character, Diego, plus Rig:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfhJklwSdhc

EDIT: gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NW7vJ6vNxF8

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

gently caress I'm stoked for doa

Ultramega
Jul 9, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdyabrdFMC8&t=28s xpost from the nmd rap thread

yo mamma a Horus
Apr 7, 2008

Nap Ghost
what if we made miguel, but also travis touchdown

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
death to the false miguel

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

drat i really appreciate the tekken multilingual approach now, seeing japanese come out of those hyper realistic looking fighters looks wild

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Was Lei fang revealed yet

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

Was Lei fang revealed yet

Not yet, but she was added to the PC version of Dead or Alive Xtreme just recently so she's not forgotten.

Sundance Shot
Oct 24, 2010
I mean if you're gonna rip off anyone it might as well be the Best Tekken Character.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost
Just give us Irene already you cowards.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

yo mamma a Horus posted:

what if we made miguel, but also travis touchdown

More like Miguel but also Brad Burns

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
https://twitter.com/FightingExLayer/status/1024842439033409536

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
Oh cool its not like I just bought the game or anything!

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

Gutcruncher posted:

Oh cool its not like I just bought the game or anything!

If you paid full price for FEXL you did it as a statement. Everyone knew that game was going to be $20 in a month's time.

Thwack!
Aug 14, 2010

Ability: Shadow Tag
If you a real one, you get the light ver then buy Hokuto and the Gougi decks separately.

I've done that and I have zero regrets. FLEX is just too fun man

Thwack! fucked around with this message at 05:57 on Aug 2, 2018

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Sarchasm posted:

If you paid full price for FEXL you did it as a statement. Everyone knew that game was going to be $20 in a month's time.

I fully expected it to never go on sale because every other aspect of the way they handled FEXL feels straight out of 1997.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
when will we get FEXL on PC

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Diego is cool, but yeah he does kinda reek of Miguel. If you gonna have a street brawler character, you'd think to make him a bit more distinct than a pre-existing one.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Dizz posted:

when will we get FEXL on PC

Probably like 18 months
Japan dumb like that

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
They said they'd make a decision about a PC port once they see how the game's selling at the end of the month.

They're bringing an announcement video to Evo, it's probably just Pullum/Rosso footage but who knows.

Quasipox
Sep 6, 2008

If I've never played an Arika game, how hard is it to get into FEXL? I've been playing a lot of SFV and Tekken lately as part of my "hey let's play some fightmans games" phase and kind of want to check out FEXL on sale. I mean, Skullomania dude...

Thwack!
Aug 14, 2010

Ability: Shadow Tag

Quasipox posted:

If I've never played an Arika game, how hard is it to get into FEXL? I've been playing a lot of SFV and Tekken lately as part of my "hey let's play some fightmans games" phase and kind of want to check out FEXL on sale. I mean, Skullomania dude...

Not really hard to get into at all. As far as 2D SF esque games are concerned, it's fairly fast paced due to how great running is. Combos aren't too hard as well since you can chain lights into mediums into heavies like the vs games.

Though, the one thing that might take a while to get used to is the Gougi system and how you gotta remember how to activate certain cards in a match through doing certain actions like blocking more or using up meter. Really cool system otherwise

Quasipox
Sep 6, 2008

Thwack! posted:

Not really hard to get into at all. As far as 2D SF esque games are concerned, it's fairly fast paced due to how great running is. Combos aren't too hard as well since you can chain lights into mediums into heavies like the vs games.

Though, the one thing that might take a while to get used to is the Gougi system and how you gotta remember how to activate certain cards in a match through doing certain actions like blocking more or using up meter. Really cool system otherwise

Thanks. Would you say the Standard with the extra gougi decks is necessary, or is the light version good enough?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

The light is fine. They give you 2 paid gougis free on rotation anyway.

The only hard part about fexl for a poo poo player like me is the cancel window for specials is way too tight imo

Tormented
Jan 22, 2004

"And the goat shall bear upon itself all their iniquities unto a solitary place..."
is there a EVO thread yet?

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Are you OK?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFC4M36IWSE

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
trans terry? cool game

Ultramega
Jul 9, 2004

Is Ranma 1/2 a guest character in this?