Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

dangerdoom volvo posted:

trans terry? cool game

Trans Terry would be way cooler.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I would gently caress any terry

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

In my heart of hearts i was hoping for cross dressing terry but i'll take what i can get

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Tekken and guilty are on super steam sale for evo right now

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?
DBFZ, T7, BBTag, and SFV are also all free to play for 3 days.

e: whoops, was misinformed on DBFZ being free. The rest are though! Play BBTag

Marin Karin fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Aug 2, 2018

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

Real hurthling! posted:

Tekken and guilty are on super steam sale for evo right now

Tekken is $20, and Xrd with Rev2 upgrade is $23, both fantastic deals. I think that's better than it was during the summer sale.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Marin Karin posted:

DBFZ, T7, BBTag, and SFV are also all free to play for 3 days.

:eyepop:

Everyone should try out BBTag, it seems like a dumb game but it's surprisingly fun and deep because simple stuff like "pushblocking exists and bursting isn't always a get out of jail free card" makes for some fun times.

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

Is it bad that after finally playing cross tag battle that I really want to get under night now? Not even because I’m interested in the gameplay per-se, because I just want to know what the gently caress kind of game produces characters like these?

Like, I’ve just never been this curious about a game before. Even if I hadn’t gotten into fighting games with p4a, I don’t think this game would have made me that much more interested in the series. The characters are cool and all, but everything feels pretty normal. Same with blazblue, I feel like even if I didn’t already know about it I would probably write it off as something cool that might be interesting to play sometime.

But under night gives me a powerful curiosity I’ve never gotten before. Hyde looks normal at first but his animations are just different enough from my expectations that he gives off a completely different vibe than I initially expected. Orie (who my phone won’t stop autocorrecting to Oreo) is apparently a persona character??? Carmine has the personality I’d expect someone who looks like as much of an edgelord like Gordeau to have, who seems like a real chill dude???? How the gently caress is Waldstein such an absolute unit????????

Wrist Watch fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Aug 2, 2018

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015
I really like how French-Bread embraced absolutely ridiculous normals after Melty Blood and Nero's j.C and decided to give their grappler a weaker version of it.

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?
Wait until Merkava is out, then you'll see some real poo poo.

BBTag has created such a huge boom of interest in UNIST that is pretty nice to see. It even has the most entrants at AnimEVO. :unsmith: Too bad my girl Hilda isn't gonna be in Tag. She's an evil lady who throws swords from across the screen while laughing at you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxI4zLBrnRI&t=88s

Marin Karin fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Aug 2, 2018

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

I also got interested in UNIST via BBtag and am excited to try it out when it's out on steam. have watched some streams of it and it looks really clean and elegant for an anime game.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's my favorite modern FG I think.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Unist is real good

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
The GRD system rewarding good defense is why I love UNIST so much. I'm stoked for it to come out on PC because I can actually practice it at home now and also load it onto an old laptop for some poverty sessions.

Ultramega
Jul 9, 2004

In Training posted:

It's my favorite modern FG I think.

Same

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?

Marin Karin posted:

BBTag has created such a huge boom of interest in UNIST that is pretty nice to see. It even has the most entrants at AnimEVO. :unsmith: Too bad my girl Hilda isn't gonna be in Tag. She's an evil lady who throws swords from across the screen while laughing at you.

I'm personally more sad that seth, the platonic ideal of "teleports behind you", isn't in this game

also no nanase so I can blast her theme 24/7

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
UNIST is really cool and the characters and presentation are slick as hell with like one or two exceptions

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

For some reason tag game just dont do it for me vs 1v1 games but if bbtag makes more unist players it will go on my GOAT list as an hon mention

Sundance Shot
Oct 24, 2010
Absolver is also free this weekend. It's a really cool non-traditional fighting game and while it's not perfect, it deserves way more love than it gets.

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

I'm absolutely buying UNIST when it's out on PC, or if it goes on sale on PSN again or something. The game already looked really fun when I watched it in tournaments, but after playing BBTag I really want to dig into it.

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

Both of those look like poo poo. Are they really that good mechanically or are you all hopeless anime watchers?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

:ssh:

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
They're good.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Shy posted:

Both of those look like poo poo. Are they really that good mechanically or are you all hopeless anime watchers?
You are in a fighting game thread, friend

Quasipox
Sep 6, 2008

Thwack! posted:

Not really hard to get into at all. As far as 2D SF esque games are concerned, it's fairly fast paced due to how great running is. Combos aren't too hard as well since you can chain lights into mediums into heavies like the vs games.

Though, the one thing that might take a while to get used to is the Gougi system and how you gotta remember how to activate certain cards in a match through doing certain actions like blocking more or using up meter. Really cool system otherwise

Real hurthling! posted:

The light is fine. They give you 2 paid gougis free on rotation anyway.

The only hard part about fexl for a poo poo player like me is the cancel window for specials is way too tight imo

Thanks for the answers. I went ahead and picked up the light version while it's on sale.

yo mamma a Horus
Apr 7, 2008

Nap Ghost

Shy posted:

there is still hope for some of us

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
2007 asked you to hand in your anime hater card, this is the era of Anime Tiddy. Also any other dated goon opinions you might hold, tbf.

(They have good mechanics and BBTag is a very easy game to get into airdashers)

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Shy posted:

I'll concede that they lack the visual flair you would come to expect when we live in a time of NRS releases and Street Fighter 5, but they're definitely good games.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
I'm glad Terri Bogard's out there living her best life.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

MenaRD’s Birdie costume is uh, a thing.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

ROFL Octopus posted:

MenaRD’s Birdie costume is uh, a thing.

where's the Caba lackey in the background

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
that just looks like any tekken customization that isn't "I made him wear a swimsuit and attached dumb poo poo to his head lol"

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
so uh, I got Tekken 7 on the free weekend

do I remember correctly that Lucky Chloe is apparently pretty low tier? because i've been playing with her and she actually owns, she seems like she's basically T7's Eddy (and Eddy is... I don't even know what the gently caress happened to Eddy, all of his stuff is really slow and easy to punish nowadays)

e: :shittypop: holy gently caress apparently she's rock bottom on the tier list

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

you aren't playing at a level where the tier list is going to matter much and the game is pretty well balanced anyway. chloe isn't great but she can get the job done

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

so uh, I got Tekken 7 on the free weekend

do I remember correctly that Lucky Chloe is apparently pretty low tier? because i've been playing with her and she actually owns, she seems like she's basically T7's Eddy (and Eddy is... I don't even know what the gently caress happened to Eddy, all of his stuff is really slow and easy to punish nowadays)

e: :shittypop: holy gently caress apparently she's rock bottom on the tier list

"She's low tier until you get hit" -Twitch chat. I was diggin her in scrubland when I asked MY WIFE to pick a new char for me, Jeonding (hope I'm spelling that right) has put in some work with her in high level tourney play and made people question the rock bottom thing.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Yeah jeonding makes me think she's not low tier

Ultramega
Jul 9, 2004

Shy posted:

lol

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

Shy posted:

yes and yes

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
I'm an obsessive weirdo so I'm basically playing not fighting games until UNIST comes out for PC cause I'm jonesing for that anime goodness and don't feel like practicing anything else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Shy posted:

Anime fighters own. Sorry you have poo poo taste op :shrug: