Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I’m moving.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

mrmcd posted:

I don't know why this is so amusing to me, but in Munich dogs are allowed on public transit as long as you buy a child's ticket for them.

Even better: the additional ticket is only if you bring more than 1. That's gotta be by design to limit abuse.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
The many expressions of Monty

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

MONTY would be a great late night talk show.

Stick a bow tie on him, give him a microphone, and bingo

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

I went to the dog park for my birthday and there were FOUR other dogs there!!

I didn't get a picture of the fourth dog alas (they were all moving around a ton) but Apollo had a great time and just, gosh, I love it I love it

Winter Rose
Sep 27, 2007

Understand how unstable the truth can be.

Sloth Life posted:

Chicha and her looong snoot are back! Yay

Play with me OR ELSE

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003
Now go away, or I shall taunt you a second time!

Winter Rose posted:

Play with me OR ELSE

You played with her right?

Anyway, here's Ushi in a rare moment, looking devious. He had barely noticed that I was paying attention but hadn't yet jumped down to try and trip me as he mugs for pettins

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

evil_bunnY posted:

Even better: the additional ticket is only if you bring more than 1. That's gotta be by design to limit abuse.

Discourage nothin. In my alternate best life I'm riding the tram with mein four floofy gutenboiz. €4.2 is a deal.

Winter Rose
Sep 27, 2007

Steezo posted:

You played with her right?

Anyway, here's Ushi in a rare moment, looking devious. He had barely noticed that I was paying attention but hadn't yet jumped down to try and trip me as he mugs for pettins

Of course, I'm not a monster.

Haha I used to live with cats and hoo boy do I know that expression.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

Goober Peas posted:

MONTY would be a great late night talk show.

Stick a bow tie on him, give him a microphone, and bingo
This would immediately be far and away the best late night show on the air.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

“Hey fatass, you know you don’t need all those fries.”

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

I AM READY FOR MY INTERVIEW I HAVE BEEN PUPPARING FOR WEEKS!

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

boop the snoot posted:

I AM READY FOR MY INTERVIEW I HAVE BEEN PUPPARING FOR WEEKS!

You were hired the moment you strutted through the door, Monty. Welcome to your corner office; your masseuse will be by with your treat dispenser in short order.

I have to vent about something. Earlier tonight, I was walking Lando on his big romp for the night, which involves walking along Rock Creek in DC for a few miles along a path in the woods. We were on the last 1/3 of the trail when this unleashed, maybe 25 lbs white dog that was one of those Bichon Frise/Shitzu/whatever mixes rounds the corner and comes straight into us. Lando tenses up, and the other dog immediately starts barking, snarling and charges at him, which prompts Lando to unleash a torrent of barks of his own. I had to stick my leg out and threaten to kick the other dog as it repeatedly charged at Lando before I was able to create enough physical space where I could run away with Lando and establish a bit more of a physical standoff distance. After about ten seconds of this, a shirtless guy in his mid-30s with a few lovely small, lame tribal tattoos on his shaved chest, wearing a boonie hat and clutching a leash while running barefoot in the mud, comes around the corner. I immediately lit into him about keeping his loving dog on a leash, and he says, "What's your problem? Sounds like your dog is vicious." as he ran off. All I could do was call him a pussy and a prick (I recognize the contradiction in terms) and yell that it was his unleashed dog who attacked mine, but obviously, the encounter was over. In the meantime, I also had to console poor Lando, who thought that I had been yelling at him and was acting kind of skittish afterwards.

I spent the rest of the walk thinking about how action movie me would have pepper sprayed the guy and pushed him into a nearby thicket of poison ivy while screaming in his face about how it was lovely people like him who get dogs all over the country killed through their carelessness and negligence, but I could do without the aggravated assault charge now or forever, frankly. The important thing is my boy is safe and that this didn't end with actual physical bites on either dog. I just have a serious, pathological hatred for dog owners who think, "Oh, why my precious Goebbels could *never* start a fight with another dog, that's why I never leash them in the public! The problem is with other owners, surely not me!" People like that have no business being caretakers for dogs. I keep Lando on a leash at all times because I know my dog, and know that his recall skills aren't good enough for me to get him back in a moment's notice, and that he's also fast enough where it could take me a few critical seconds to catch up with him if he did get into trouble. This other douchebag I dealt with tonight clearly didn't recognize his own dog for who he was, and I sincerely hope that the other owner stepped on some broken glass and cut the gently caress out of his foot in some deep, stanky mud at the most inconvenient point in his run. Karma dictates this.

Anyhow, my good boy is safe and that's all that matters. I gave him a bully stick after dinner, and he'll get to sleep on the human bed with me tonight.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I had a similar experience a few years back hiking with my brother's dog, except it was two dogs and when I told the owners to get their dogs on leashes they said it was a no leash park and that I should stop being a little bitch. It was absolutely not a no leash park, and there were signs all over the place to that effect. And yeah, I felt exactly the same way after. It loving sucks.

unstucker
Jan 4, 2018
this is love :love:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

unstucker
Jan 4, 2018

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
https://i.imgur.com/GQXiz9j.gifv

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

unstucker posted:

this is love :love:

:rip: me

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

What a week it's been.
So much to talk about.
And so many things we can't talk about.

when Newt was about 10 weeks old, I took him to a food cart pod near my place in Portland, OR. He was on leash, as was a pit bull nearby. The two were palling around, it was adorable, and suddenly a German Shepherd ran up barking like a motherfucker and attacked Newt, which in turn set off the pit bull (which, thankfully, the owners had on leash and calmed down quickly)

My immediate response was to grab that prick dog by the scruff and shove him to the ground the way dominant dogs do. Some hippie idiot (goddrat do I hate white girls with dreads) ran up to me and started screaming about how I was abusive and she'd call the cops.

When I responded with "if don't you leash your dog you've got two options- I call the cops since your negligence is illegal as hell, or I pop you in the fuckin' mouth. Choose quick."

I was pleasantly surprised when the people around me agreed wholeheartedly with my statement because honestly, who doesn't want a puppy to be safe? (also because PDX is a hugbox and violence is kinda looked down upon)

Glad she retreated quickly because I definitely didn't want to break a nail. They're natural, dangit!

It's a giant bummer that Newt is skittish around other dogs now because of her dumb rear end, and I feel bad for having to wrestle her dog to the ground, but fuckin' hell if I don't hate people who say that their dog is "sweet" when they're aggro as hell. The fact that rear end in a top hat people can mentally destroy a dog within seconds is such absolute bullshit.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

What a week it's been.
So much to talk about.

Double postin’ but I mean, look at this sweet idiot baby who doesn’t want to give up his puppy bed :kimchi:

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

the escape goat posted:

Double postin’ but I mean, look at this sweet idiot baby who doesn’t want to give up his puppy bed :kimchi:

That’s the way my dog sleeps, despite fitting completely on his bed. He’s not comfy unless his dome is hanging off the edge and resting on the floor.

Content:

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

amazing. please have another hound in appreciation

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

the escape goat posted:

when Newt was about 10 weeks old, I took him to a food cart pod near my place in Portland, OR. He was on leash, as was a pit bull nearby. The two were palling around, it was adorable, and suddenly a German Shepherd ran up barking like a motherfucker and attacked Newt, which in turn set off the pit bull (which, thankfully, the owners had on leash and calmed down quickly)

My immediate response was to grab that prick dog by the scruff and shove him to the ground the way dominant dogs do. Some hippie idiot (goddrat do I hate white girls with dreads) ran up to me and started screaming about how I was abusive and she'd call the cops.

When I responded with "if don't you leash your dog you've got two options- I call the cops since your negligence is illegal as hell, or I pop you in the fuckin' mouth. Choose quick."

I was pleasantly surprised when the people around me agreed wholeheartedly with my statement because honestly, who doesn't want a puppy to be safe? (also because PDX is a hugbox and violence is kinda looked down upon)

Glad she retreated quickly because I definitely didn't want to break a nail. They're natural, dangit!

It's a giant bummer that Newt is skittish around other dogs now because of her dumb rear end, and I feel bad for having to wrestle her dog to the ground, but fuckin' hell if I don't hate people who say that their dog is "sweet" when they're aggro as hell. The fact that rear end in a top hat people can mentally destroy a dog within seconds is such absolute bullshit.

And that’s why I don’t unleash my dog! She is one of the best dogs around humans I’ve ever met, but she was a rescue (at 2 years old) and she has just rarely been friendly with any dogs that require the alpha position. Gets along with my parents big dumb boy Moose, but otherwise feels the need to be in charge. She has never *attacked* another dog, but she tries to put them on their back just like you described. Lots of sound and fury for anyone watching.

I’m thinking our next dog needs to be a pig, and when our cats pass they will make way for the raccoon that will ride said pig.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

What a week it's been.
So much to talk about.

El Jebus posted:

I’m thinking our next dog needs to be a pig, and when our cats pass they will make way for the raccoon that will ride said pig.

Until the pig steps on your toes. They're the worst.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

My family has a new pup

Say Hi to Ellie

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

She's adorable aaaaaa

On the off-leash topic: stories like this are why I keep Apollo on a leash at all times, and in the dog park I get a hold on his harness when new dogs come in so he doesn't bumrush them before they're off-leash and out the gate and ready to be played with.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

the escape goat posted:

Until the pig steps on your toes. They're the worst.

Thankfully I've not had the pleasure.

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

https://gfycat.com/MellowImpoliteAustraliankelpie

Golbez
Oct 9, 2002

1 2 3!
If you want to take a shot at me get in line, line
1 2 3!
Baby, I've had all my shots and I'm fine

the escape goat posted:

I had the opposite happen last night with Pit Pat. Was walking him, and he saw a woman approaching from two house-lengths away - apparently, 100 feet is much too close for comfort. So he was glaring and as she got closer he started barking like hell. Her first question: "Is he nice? Can I pet him?" This was a grown woman looking at a chihuahua mix who wanted to bite her hand off, no madam, you may not.

On the other hand, we've been pleasantly surprised that he's been making friends with some other puppers encountered on walks, maybe he's slightly opening up :love:

Related:
https://i.imgur.com/AQkts6T.jpg

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

The worst thing about Chihuahuas is that my Dad will pronounce the breed name as "chi hua hua" and dad, pal, no

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

I still like pit pat even if he wants to bite my hand

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Removed.

Handsome Ralph fucked around with this message at 15:19 on May 21, 2020

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

What a week it's been.
So much to talk about.

brb dying :kimchi:

https://twitter.com/BlairBraverman/status/861605481743306753

I didn't know that chicken training dogs was even a thing and this thread has blessed my timeline.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

the escape goat posted:

brb dying :kimchi:

https://twitter.com/BlairBraverman/status/861605481743306753

I didn't know that chicken training dogs was even a thing and this thread has blessed my timeline.

Oh my God that is the best thread ever

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

oh my goodness

Winter Rose
Sep 27, 2007

Today I was eating a banana and Chicha jumped up and yanked half the peel off with her teeth and ran away with it.

At least I got to keep the banana.

This is her coming back for the rest of the peel. (yes, I gave it to her)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

Okay. I have to ask: are you loving with the aspect ratio of that photo? I can’t believe a dog can have such huge ears and such a long snooty. :kimchi: