Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Agent355 posted:

1. Land of the Dead
2. Icefire Treetops
3. No idea, I must've already done it and don't remember because I don't see what you're referring to.

Is 1. tied to 2. ? I thought I've discovered everything in Gate of the Dead save for one spot that required a sigil
3. This room:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

yeah I think 1 requires 2

Oh man right that room, uh. There was a tablet somewhere that told you what to do. I think it was in icefire treetops itself. Damned if I remember what I did but I solved it on my first time through so I must've read the tablet shortly before encountering that room. The good news is 2 isn't part of that room, though 4 is.

Agent355 fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Aug 2, 2018

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.
"Just beyond the Tail of the Winged Lion" what the heck does that even mean? I've been all over the Shrine of the Frost Giants and there's no winged lions that I've seen anywhere.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Agent355 posted:

He activated for me when I moved the light off those sensors and then stayed activated. I think you need to move the celestial disk again.

I kept spinning the dial and he randomly activated again at some point, weird but at least it worked out!

TeaJay posted:

Is 1. tied to 2. ? I thought I've discovered everything in Gate of the Dead save for one spot that required a sigil
3. This room:

You're missing a sigil, look just below the chest.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Broken Cog posted:

You're missing a sigil, look just below the chest.

Oh, okay. But the third sigil is somewhere in Icefire, right? Just thought it might be here.

Procrastine
Mar 30, 2011

Holy poo poo (costume) when wearing the clay doll/dogu suit, the subweapon button fires lasers, I can't believe I never tried before, this would have made Ancient Chaos so much easier

TeaJay posted:

3. This room:

I don't remember what to do, but it looks like you need to come back with the third sigil for the seal under the chest?

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

TeaJay posted:

Oh, okay. But the third sigil is somewhere in Icefire, right? Just thought it might be here.

It is, but it's on the fire side

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Agent355 posted:

It is, but it's on the fire side

Well fudge.

I hope I can reach it without fire-swimming equipment.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

TeaJay posted:

Well fudge.

I hope I can reach it without fire-swimming equipment.

Maybe too much information but,

You can if you find the other entrance

Procrastine
Mar 30, 2011

THEY loving GOT ME

Glasya-Labolas you son of a bitch

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Agent355 posted:

Maybe too much information but,

You can if you find the other entrance

Nah, dont worry, I've been roaming around trying to find it, first I got a small hint about the area, now I'm just looking to find it...

But if you are saying I need to find an alternate entrance to Icefire fire side I havent found it yet.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

TeaJay posted:

Nah, dont worry, I've been roaming around trying to find it, first I got a small hint about the area, now I'm just looking to find it...

But if you are saying I need to find an alternate entrance to Icefire fire side I havent found it yet.

Explicit:

yeah, if you have enough hp you can swim through from the door over Nidhogg, but you'd need like 200 or something and you can't get the ice cape yet. But there is an entirely different entrance aside from the nidhogg one that you can/should find

Procrastine
Mar 30, 2011

TeaJay posted:

I just took the bottom route through the area. The jumps are very precise, though.

GrimSqueaker
Sep 26, 2011

DoubleNegative posted:

"Just beyond the Tail of the Winged Lion" what the heck does that even mean? I've been all over the Shrine of the Frost Giants and there's no winged lions that I've seen anywhere.

There is a mural of what looks like a winged lion in the room right to the machine, the room where you entered from the blood corridor path. But I know gently caress all what I can do with it. You can jump behind the closed eye though.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
How do you get the item under the giant Golden Rock in Yggdrasil? I just got the item I thought would help me - the lamp of time, but the rock seems completely unaffected by the time stop.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

You already have a tool that lets you get out of trouble quickly

Now I don't know if thats the intended use but using the earth mantra at the odin statue didn't do anything either

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

Agent355 posted:

You already have a tool that lets you get out of trouble quickly

Now I don't know if thats the intended use but using the earth mantra at the odin statue didn't do anything either

Well I'll be damned, I could swear I already tried to do that, but the rock reset as soon as I warped. But this time it stayed down.

Procrastine
Mar 30, 2011

I asked about the perfume earlier, turns out it's gotten from defeating Griffin

e: and the upgraded computer right after! This is a good 5 minutes for finding upgrades

Procrastine fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Aug 2, 2018

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.

GrimSqueaker posted:

There is a mural of what looks like a winged lion in the room right to the machine, the room where you entered from the blood corridor path. But I know gently caress all what I can do with it. You can jump behind the closed eye though.

That doesn't appear to be the thing I'm looking for. :( This is a hint that an NPC gives for the Gauntlet item.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Anyone that's made it to The Underworld managed to solve This puzzle?

I take it that it means I have to bring a key fairy somewhere, but when I take them to the area mentioned in the text nothing happens. Not even if I do a detour across the River Styx itself.

Edit: I might have found it in an area a bit further in, but it feels a bit weird for Yuma to direct me to some Hand grenades.

Broken Cog fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Aug 2, 2018

GrimSqueaker
Sep 26, 2011

DoubleNegative posted:

That doesn't appear to be the thing I'm looking for. :( This is a hint that an NPC gives for the Gauntlet item.

Yeah I know what you're talking about. But that's the only thing I could find.

Cyflan
Nov 4, 2009

Why yes, I DO have enough CON to whip my hair.

I hate to have to ask for help, but I just can't figure out where to find the Golden Key or Dinosaur Figure.

I've been searching for them for hours, I've gotten alot of other stuff as you can see:

All I really want is a hint as to what area they are in.

Really loving the game though! Too bad I'm a pretty bad note-taker.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Cyflan posted:

I hate to have to ask for help, but I just can't figure out where to find the Golden Key or Dinosaur Figure.

I've been searching for them for hours, I've gotten alot of other stuff as you can see:

You've already got the Golden Key

Cyflan
Nov 4, 2009

Regy Rusty posted:

You've already got the Golden Key

You mean the Pochette Key?
I ran around everywhere trying to use that but couldn't figure anything out, so I assumed that was the small key some other hint mentioned instead.

But, well, thanks for the info!

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
So how I get pass the ice in Tomb of the Giants. I mean the ones that are blocking the path and if you touch them you get struck by the eye of judgement.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

I think the game is going to be beaten today. Good luck everyone, may the best goon win

Procrastine
Mar 30, 2011

Cyflan posted:

Area: Immortal Battlefield

More specific: Around the bottom

Room: Moon Altar

Rirse posted:

So how I get pass the ice in Tomb of the Giants. I mean the ones that are blocking the path and if you touch them you get struck by the eye of judgement.

If you mean Shrine of the Frost Giants, then:

General: Find the Statue of Bergelmir and a tablet elsewhere that explains what to do there.

Specific: Use the Corridor of Blood in Valhalla, defeat the miniboss there, then keep going past until you find the statue of Bergelmir.

Tablet is in the Hall of Malice

If you don't feel like searching for the tablet: chant earth, moon and heaven in front of the statue

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i think to organize all my notes (which is screenshotting with steam) i'm just going to make a folder with various subfolders for npc dialogues, tablets, tablets with diagrams, etc.

the game really demands SOME kind of organization

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Anybody found a good money grinding location yet? I unlocked the loot fairy but now I need 1000 bux for the harp I think.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!
My organization method of a single folder containing 200 screenshots that I rapidly flip through after picking a starting point at random is impossible to improve upon.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Agent355 posted:

Anybody found a good money grinding location yet? I unlocked the loot fairy but now I need 1000 bux for the harp I think.

I haven't verified the software combo necessary to guarantee a loot fairy spawn (one thing on my list for today) but I will probably try farming the ice/lava zone, from the grail tablet to the room with the vendor you need to double jump to reach. That room has a ton of pots all clustered together for easy grinding.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Pots are only worth 6 gold, you'd need A TON of pots for it to be good dollars/fairy and if they don't respawn thats even worse. I think we're going to find an area with really high mob density/dificulty to be best as bigger mobs can drop 30+ gold each.

Cyflan
Nov 4, 2009

Procrastine posted:

Area: Immortal Battlefield

More specific: Around the bottom

Room: Moon Altar

Found it! Thanks!

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Cyflan posted:

You mean the Pochette Key?
I ran around everywhere trying to use that but couldn't figure anything out, so I assumed that was the small key some other hint mentioned instead.

But, well, thanks for the info!

With regard to battlefield it's used in the boss fight itself

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Yo where the gently caress is the second sigil

I'm not taking another step into cave of the dead if it isn't in there

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Agent355 posted:

Pots are only worth 6 gold, you'd need A TON of pots for it to be good dollars/fairy and if they don't respawn thats even worse. I think we're going to find an area with really high mob density/dificulty to be best as bigger mobs can drop 30+ gold each.

The pots in this area will respawn if you leave from the bottom of the screen but not the top, it's pretty good

Procrastine
Mar 30, 2011

Amppelix posted:

Yo where the gently caress is the second sigil

I'm not taking another step into cave of the dead if it isn't in there

Shrine of the Frost Giants

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Hall of Malice has no chill

Edit: Anyone found the Gauntlet? It's supposed to be in the Frost Giant area.

Broken Cog fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Aug 2, 2018

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Orpheus says the pig shopkeeper has a recording of his musicI think I've seen him before but don't recall where. Anybody know?

Broken Cog posted:

Hall of Malice has no chill

Edit: Anyone found the Gauntlet? It's supposed to be in the Frost Giant area.

Behind fenrir maybe? I've never beaten him

Agent355 fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Aug 2, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Agent355 posted:

Orpheus says the pig shopkeeper has a recording of his musicI think I've seen him before but don't recall where. Anybody know?

Up, then left from the fireside IcefireTreetop save point