Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014

BattleMaster posted:

1/144 means that the "real" (fictional) thing is supposed to be 144 times bigger than the model. It doesn't imply a standard size for a model and is useless to know unless you are comparing things of the same series or you know how big the "real" thing is supposed to be.

Yeah I'm aware, I worded that poorly. What I meant was if the Frame Arm kits would be a size that makes them appear to be a 1/144 Gundam weapon or accessory.

Diabetes Forecast posted:

Frame Arms kits are a bit smaller than standard gundam Master Grade kits, if that explains things well enough. they also range from sorta small to rediculously fat, much like the Master Grade line does. your mileage may vary, basically.

It doesn't help that their stuff ranges from decently sized to ridiculously huge (I'm looking at you, cross-shaped pile bunker)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
Koto add ons range from an HG sized submachine gun based on a real life model to Bigger Than The Mech Drill Weapon or whatever. I recommend getting a set of Koto hands to really hold their stuff tight, default Bandai hands hold things a bit loose or so tight you can't put the hand together properly.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib
tbh I have been jealously eyeing this koto mech with a Bigger Than The Mech Chainsaw Array Weapon

https://www.gundamplanet.com/armored-core-ucr-10-a-vengeance.html

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Koto kits have never been particularly good even at their best, and their Armored Core line is particularly notable for being incredibly loose and fragile, even on the solider-designed AC1/3 ACs.

From what I've read, the Overed Weapons on the ACV kits have a decent chance of just straight up breaking a limb by being mounted, too.

ANAmal.net
Mar 2, 2002

100% digital native web developer
I still need to build his stand and guns/shield, but main construction is complete, and I love my large perfect son:

MG Gelgoog 2.0, first Master Grade in, uhh, at least 15 years. Panel-lined and dull-coated the outside, did a bunch of painting on the frame and a few details on the outside, then just the stickers and dry-transfers (which own) from the kit. Extremely happy with this enormous plastic lad.

And one of him back in town, with the boys:

EDIT: Christ, I promise the nub marks don't look that disastrous in real life - they're noticable, and bad in a few spots, but the harsh lighting there is doing me no favors.

ANAmal.net fucked around with this message at 03:34 on Aug 1, 2018

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak
Use the two metre rule. If you can't see them from 2m away, it's all good.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

ANAmal.net posted:

And one of him back in town, with the boys:

Hold on, wait, what the poo poo is this?

Sir, you've violated Gunpla Code XXXG-00W0; portraying a Wing Gundam Custom with its wings closed and its legs on the ground. We're gonna need you to fix that immediately, or engage its self-destruct :cop:.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Sir, you've violated Gunpla Code XXXG-00W0; portraying a Wing Gundam Custom with its wings closed and its legs on the ground. We're gonna need you to fix that immediately, or engage its self-destruct :cop:.

How can you tell they haven't engaged the self destruct?

Those things seem to have highly variable effectiveness.

Diabetes Forecast
Aug 13, 2008

Droopy Only

BattleMaster posted:

The Frame Arms frame is 14 cm which is about what I measured my HGs to be

edit: I don't doubt they can get big when you bolt their stuff onto them but...

The frame is honestly never seen much because most of the kits actually ditch chunks of them and replace them. Early kits (like the one I customized here) tend to use the frame as the basis for things.

They're closer to HG size though, I guess my Woundwort MG is a bit small due to how much of the suit is just it's legs.

asterioth
Jul 27, 2007

If it's worth killing it's worth overkilling.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

That looks like the PG Zero, iirc theres no stand for that one.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I wish Bandai would come out with a 1/144 scale universal inner frame so we could build custom mecha.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Got a Haro kit (Momoharo) and an HG Atlas, it's sad how great the Haro is compared to the Atlas. Looking forward to the Ball Haro.

ANAmal.net
Mar 2, 2002

100% digital native web developer

asterioth posted:

That looks like the PG Zero, iirc theres no stand for that one.

It is, and there, as far as I'm aware, isn't a stand that'll hold it, though if there is I'd 100% pick one up, in general GunPla looks so much better on a stand.

I did try and do the "leaning way back firing the guns with the wings propping him up" thing, but one of the legs fell off. Once I get a second display case and have enough room that I can put him in it instead of on top of it, I might get more adventurous with the posing, but this was basically a way to make it not eat poo poo tumbling onto a cat from 5 feet up.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib
How are the stickers on the Atlas? That thing seems like it has too much color separation to be true

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Marx Headroom posted:

How are the stickers on the Atlas? That thing seems like it has too much color separation to be true

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

Amd compare that to the completely unstickered shots from Schizophonic9s pictorial.

http://schizophonic9.com/re4/hg_atlas.html

It's about par for the course for Thunderbolt kits really, they're all fairly guilty of overstickering.

Apprentice Dick
Dec 1, 2009
Gundamplanet just put up pre orders for PG Exia Repair parts ($79.99) and HG Woundwort ($39.99).

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Marx Headroom posted:

Oh it's bad, like most of the yellow on the body is stickers. I just wanted a cheap kit to do for the day, and that was cheaper then the RG Tallgeese (plus RG triggers a weird PTSD in me at this point) and the Figure-rise DBZ kits at the B&N I went to. Kinda wishing I went after that Piccolo that they had.

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

P-Bandai has launched a new store, the Gundam Base Online Shop. At the moment it has every general release action base and decal set as well as a very small selection of Gundam Base exclusive kits sold in the limited numbers, order months in advance P-Bandai style. So really it's only useful for people who live in Japan but nowhere near Tokyo.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
What’s the best place to try and score an MG Altron? I’ve been playing a lot of SRWX and loving the design.

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

Taintrunner posted:

What’s the best place to try and score an MG Altron? I’ve been playing a lot of SRWX and loving the design.

Ebay and 3rd party amazon sellers seem to have them for only around $100. Way less than I expected,

asterioth
Jul 27, 2007

Hnnnng.

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak
So we have the Sinanju and the Sazabi as RG. I look forward to the RG Neo Zeong that doubles as an actual wearable exoskeleton.

Real talk though, I'd kill for a RG Barbatos.

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost

Puddin posted:

Not an empty quote. Galbady Rebake is going to be my next project, once I'm done moving.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Puddin posted:

So we have the Sinanju and the Sazabi as RG. I look forward to the RG Neo Zeong that doubles as an actual wearable exoskeleton.

They'd probably just do what they did with the METEOR, release it again with different decals.

Triggerhappypilot
Nov 8, 2009

SVMS-01 UNION FLAG GREATEST MOBILE SUIT

ENACT = CHEAP EUROTRASH COPY

Where is my RG overflag, Bandai.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Triggerhappypilot posted:

Where is my RG overflag, Bandai.

They decided to save everyone some time by reducing it to shards of shrapnel right at the factory.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Much as I like the idea of the HGBC Machine Rider, making it so small just means that anything riding on it looks as goofy as poo poo.

The Sky-High Wings, on the other hand, look goddamn gorgeous.

asterioth
Jul 27, 2007

So, apparently the Supernova Heavyarms design leaked a bit:

All the dakka.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
An MG Atlas with full colour separation (or as close to it as can be managed) would be a thing of beauty.

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

asterioth posted:

All the dakka.

I will buy the poo poo out of this.

Weissritter
Jun 14, 2012

Anyone have experience panel lining with gold, or something close to that color?

For context, I am trying to go for a Custodes-inspired (from 40K) Jesta Cannon, and have primed the model in white and gold. Was thinking of panel lining gold to give the illusion that the internal are gold colored as well. Does that work?

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

There a proper HG Kapool, or MG G-Self, yet?

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

everythingWasBees posted:

No.

There's a near-early-HG quality Kapool from Turn A, and a modified Kapool that could probably be modified back if you put some hustle in from Build Divers (that's likely to get Kapool version eventually), but no "standard" Kapool yet.

And especially no MG G-Self yet.

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

everythingWasBees posted:

If I recall correctly the G-Self scored rather highly in a poll for future Ver. Ka projects. So keep on dreaming that dream just don't hold your breath.

Now you mention it though there's quite a number of inexplicably MIA kits Bandai needs to get around to when they've gotten bored of Astrays and Unicorns. Kapool as mentioned, HG Airmaster but no Leopard, no HG Origin RX-78, no revive Guntank. Guntank I would especially like to see as the original HGUC Guntank is pretty bad and it looks even worse if you're displaying it as Operation V with the revives.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Weissritter posted:

Anyone have experience panel lining with gold, or something close to that color?

For context, I am trying to go for a Custodes-inspired (from 40K) Jesta Cannon, and have primed the model in white and gold. Was thinking of panel lining gold to give the illusion that the internal are gold colored as well. Does that work?

I haven't seen it done, but it sounds interesting.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
We do still need that MG Barbatos. All of the kits for the Fourth Form have been compromised in small but annoying ways.

I’d assume it’s a reasonable priority, given that IBO appears to have been decently popular.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

asterioth posted:

All the dakka.

Garbage.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

No u. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
it looks like it would just fall over backwards and flail around like a turtle