Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

Two and a half hours? Could sink up with a Swans album. Armageddon is probably a film better left on mute anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I don't know why "Liv Schrieber" slew me so much but God drat.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
What was the episode where they say the movie would’ve been better as a Tales from the Crypt episode and they just start doing pitch perfect imitations and puns ala the cryptkeeper

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

What in the rear end? Why do I totally remember Michael Clark Duncan being the one who gets blown up in the rover thing at the end, too? Gun to my head I would have told you he doesn’t make it to the end credits.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Which episode had then doing a British working class accent? They brought it back for the newest mailbag. I think the character was planning a hamster funeral.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Hyrax Attack! posted:

Which episode had then doing a British working class accent? They brought it back for the newest mailbag. I think the character was planning a hamster funeral.

That was a previous mailbag that involved the dead hampster switcharoo

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

I didn't realize/remember Owen Wilson was in Armageddon, but I do remember that character getting a really chumpy death.

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

Champion draGoon horse slayer. Making Lancers weep for their horsies since 2011. Viva Dickbutt.
British working class accent started as a Ray Winstone impersonation in the Crystal Skull episode afaik.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Acht posted:

So I'm loving WHM, even when I haven't even seen the movie they discuss.
I also listened to some of How Did This Get Made, but that became very annoying, very quickly.

Is there another comedic movie podcast anyone can recommend?

The Worst Idea of All Time podcast is pretty good. Well, season 1 is good, season 2 is less good

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Iron Crowned posted:

That was a previous mailbag that involved the dead hampster switcharoo

I'm 99% sure it is "WHM Origins" mailbag episode from 10/25/16

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
T’Fak, there are CHILDREN present!

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

BigglesSWE posted:

T’Fak, there are CHILDREN present!

In all seriousness I knew about "tae gently caress" as a slang additive but I thought it was a Scottish thing, not Irish.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

T'gently caress, Worf's Brother is a pretty good user name, tbh.

pud
Jul 9, 2001
The power hour Twilight commentary is finally out.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

pud posted:

The power hour Twilight commentary is finally out.

Power hour blind watch may be in order

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

SamuraiFoochs posted:

In all seriousness I knew about "tae gently caress" as a slang additive but I thought it was a Scottish thing, not Irish.

It is, as far as I'm aware. Irvine Welsh sure uses it a lot in his books.

Speaking of which, the boys really do need to see Trainspotting 2, it is - dare I say it? - better than the original.

edit: HOLD THE drat PHONE, when did they do commentary tracks for the first two Twilight movies? How did I miss that?!

edit2: Oh, they're all recent-ish. I just didn't scroll down far enough on the Patreon page :downs:

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
No way is trainspotting 2 better

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
I don't know about "better" but it's definitely a good movie.

painynumbs
Apr 1, 2011
Hey if you want to listen to almost two hours of these boys getting loving annihilated on Rolling Rock and kinda talking about a twilight movie it might be worth it donate to the patreon

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Hard Target is on right now and all I can think is GAWD DAMMUT.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Hard Target is awesome

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

Hard Target is my favorite American Woo movie. Yes, it's better than Face/Off, chiefly because of its much leaner runtime.

Fight me.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Hard Target is a more entertaining movie to watch, but Face/Off is a more interesting thing to observe

That runtime is brutal though :(

The Gillman
Jul 8, 2004
Beaten with a sack of sweet Valencia oranges
Grimey Drawer

painynumbs posted:

Hey if you want to listen to almost two hours of these boys getting loving annihilated on Rolling Rock and kinda talking about a twilight movie it might be worth it donate to the patreon

Power Hour was a great idea. It was fun to hear everyone be a little more casual as they kept going and you could tell Erik was more drunk then he let on

I hope they do The Century for the next one

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Why haven't you been to Stephen's Twitter feed

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

Latest episode was super good. It being live didn't hold it back at all. It helps that the film is under 90 minutes.

I got some real laughs out of this episode! Good job WHM crew

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

I highly, highly recommend doing the power hour alongside the Eclipsementary. A great time

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
I appreciate them calling out the writer's ignorance re: the eggplant emoji but how have they not caught on that the bandaid's supposed to be a gang/chav signifier

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
I'm bored at work so I decided to watch Erasure, considering how much fun the WHM crew had with it.
I made the right choice.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

enigmahfc posted:

I'm bored at work so I decided to watch Erasure, considering how much fun the WHM crew had with it.
I made the right choice.

I know you meant “Eraser,” but now I kind of want to see Schwarzenegger star in an adaption of the Perceval Everett novel, just for the sheer trainwreck lunacy of it.

Captain Hotbutt
Aug 18, 2014

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

That one was my favorite of the bunch.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
I've listened since like episode ... 20? and only recently I started to get annoyed with the shilling. It's not a big deal, I just all of a sudden had the impression that I was tired of the patreon ads. I'm also subbed to them, and getting 1:30 previews of stuff behind a paywall pop up is kind of lame, too. I still love the show, it's still the best of it's kind.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Firstborn posted:

I've listened since like episode ... 20? and only recently I started to get annoyed with the shilling. It's not a big deal, I just all of a sudden had the impression that I was tired of the patreon ads. I'm also subbed to them, and getting 1:30 previews of stuff behind a paywall pop up is kind of lame, too. I still love the show, it's still the best of it's kind.

Gotta get paid. At least they’ve stopped with the mid roll ads

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Calaveron posted:

Gotta get paid. At least they’ve stopped with the mid roll ads

I don't mind the intro ads. It's timed almost perfectly that the ads last exactly as long as it takes me to get from my garage to the main street out of my development for my commute in the morning. Then the intro plays and I can pay more attention to the podcast.

warez
Mar 13, 2003

HOLA FANTA DONT CHA WANNA?

Fart City posted:

I know you meant “Eraser,” but now I kind of want to see Schwarzenegger star in an adaption of the Perceval Everett novel, just for the sheer trainwreck lunacy of it.

I'm just thinking of an Arnold Schwarzenegger cover of "A Little Respect" now

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
Stephen is really funny as the giant-lady fetish guy.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

BigglesSWE posted:

Stephen is really funny as the giant-lady fetish guy.

Yeah, and he's also really funny on the show We Hate Movies :q:

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Calaveron posted:

I appreciate them calling out the writer's ignorance re: the eggplant emoji but how have they not caught on that the bandaid's supposed to be a gang/chav signifier

I've never heard of this! It sounds like some cable news paranoia tbqh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
Weird, app redownloaded Nexus Ep2 (created second file of it) in addition to Jason X. Wonder if that's just my end glitching during the refresh or something else.