Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

ArbitraryC posted:

Oh great you're here, did you read my plan and are you okay with it? I agree it's prolly beet/IP buttttttttttttttt feel like it's best to trade 1 town to be absolutely sure and not cause a headache tomorrow on the offchance beet flips inno.

Yeah I can jail clord

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
Okay then we're ready to go

##Vote: Beetphyxious

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

i think we just vote chaoslord for their really fake claim

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

Beetphyxious posted:

i think we just vote chaoslord for their really fake claim

Well if you flip town jailor will execute clord and we'll honor your valiant sacrifice.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

ArbitraryC posted:

Well if you flip town jailor will execute clord and we'll honor your valiant sacrifice.

i would see that as a sub-optimal play, i say we lynch scum instead - chaoslord

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug
out of curiosity, what nights are you claiming you alerted?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

ArbitraryC posted:

You'll have a lw anyway, we're guaranteed to kill 1 scum through the lynch/jailor so there is there could only be one mafia night action left, there can't be any janitor scrubbing tonight.

Just use your "vig" on AA tonight, if you don't you'll be lynched tomorrow.

this is like the definition of being a dick just to be a dick

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

##vote arbC because he's like the living embodiment of :smuggo: except being 100% serious about it

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

IcePhoenix posted:

##vote arbC because he's like the living embodiment of :smuggo: except being 100% serious about it

The point of the ToS setup is to track roleclaims and actions, figure out where redundant claims are, and use roles to confirm them. I'm just playing to help the town and highlighting what information we have indicates and how to confirm the last few possibilities.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

ArbitraryC posted:

out of curiosity, what nights are you claiming you alerted?

night 1 and last night

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

ArbitraryC posted:

The point of the ToS setup is to track roleclaims and actions, figure out where redundant claims are, and use roles to confirm them. I'm just playing to help the town and highlighting what information we have indicates and how to confirm the last few possibilities.

idk the clinical nature of this role keeping, and i don't know if it's just particular to ToS, is sort of like painting by numbers and calling yourself and artist.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

like there's not much wiggle room for scum and a mass claim could just solve every game. i can see how chaoslord got pressured and caught out. like he even asked hal to go first to reduce one less potential conflict

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

Beetphyxious posted:

night 1 and last night
Hahaha well it was worth a shot.

Beetphyxious posted:

idk the clinical nature of this role keeping, and i don't know if it's just particular to ToS, is sort of like painting by numbers and calling yourself and artist.

Yeah it's fair if you don't like the format. Most other mafia threads I've lurked are deffo more freeform and require analyzing posting styles more because there's less tangible info. I don't think i'm really good at standard scumreads but I feel like I have good logic skills and I just put them to use. I caught several things other people hadn't noticed or misinterpreted so I'm happy with my play even if you think it's lame. This style suits me and I hope there will be round 3 sometime after it's all over.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

ArbitraryC posted:

you should ask chaoslord

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

ArbitraryC posted:

Yeah it's fair if you don't like the format. Most other mafia threads I've lurked are deffo more freeform and require analyzing posting styles more because there's less tangible info. I don't think i'm really good at standard scumreads but I feel like I have good logic skills and I just put them to use. I caught several things other people hadn't noticed or misinterpreted so I'm happy with my play even if you think it's lame. This style suits me and I hope there will be round 3 sometime after it's all over.

it's not that i think it's lame, it's just not my cup of tea and mainly because i can't see any other way the games could be played.

anyway good chat, lets lynch chaoslord.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

hey chaoslord, what were your night actions?

don't copy me either thx

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

Beetphyxious posted:

like there's not much wiggle room for scum and a mass claim could just solve every game. i can see how chaoslord got pressured and caught out. like he even asked hal to go first to reduce one less potential conflict

I think part of it this game was just a really unlucky n1 for scum. If NE hadn't died for example then even a confirmed fakeclaim could be the jester. Also the coincidence that the lookout was watching b- when 3 people visited and the bg traded with a mafioso.

AS getting caught so quickly was also p unlucky.

If there was just a kill + scrub n1, the NE was unknown things woulda been a lot different, for example with the mayor scrubbed Merk coulda ridden out his mayor claim to the jailor more easily. Or merk could have not accidentally werewolfed the role he was claiming. Mayor was also honestly kind of a bad role to claim because they can literally day action confirm themselves so it'd prolly at best last to N4.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Beetphyxious posted:

like he even asked hal to go first to reduce one less potential conflict

I claimed before Hal :sun: Sal confirmed my whisper

Beetphyxious posted:

hey chaoslord, what were your night actions?

don't copy me either thx

Alerted N1 & N2

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

chaoslord posted:

I claimed before Hal :sun: Sal confirmed my whisper

ahh sal, the person who also then watched you and you didn't alert that night luckily :hmmyes:

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

Beetphyxious posted:

ahh sal, the person who also then watched you and you didn't alert that night luckily :hmmyes:

To be honest it woulda cleared him if he did. The one thing that can stop vet alert is doc, and I was on sal last night.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

ArbitraryC posted:

To be honest it woulda cleared him if he did.

oh i know, it's just all nice and convenient

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Beetphyxious posted:

I mean, if you're going to throw suspicion at sal, you might as well show how he could possibly be scum

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

chaoslord posted:

I mean, if you're going to throw suspicion at sal, you might as well show how he could possibly be scum

im not sold on him being scum, im sold on him not dying when he watched you though and you not alerting that night is convenient

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

don't try draw sal into this to dilute your scumminess

this is like scum naturopathy. one drop of scum in there still makes you scum

uh look, the analogy kind of got away from me there.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

for the record: naturopathy is a sham and please vaccinate your kids.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

oh great glitterfy is blocked.

okay pretend i posted big pink sparkly 'vote chaoslord' with love hearts

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Beet whispered to Chaoslord.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Beetphyxious posted:

oh great glitterfy is blocked.

okay pretend i posted big pink sparkly 'vote chaoslord' with love hearts

On my phone you did, brave warrior

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Oh yeah it's working now.

aces.

now imma sit back and wait for chaoslord to be out up on the block.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

Beetphyxious posted:

Oh yeah it's working now.

aces.

now imma sit back and wait for chaoslord to be out up on the block.

Mechanically, it really doesn't matter whether we vote you and jail lord or vote lord and jail you. On the slim chance lord is the fakeclaim and you're genuine I really don't understand why you care so much. Lord has been way more proactive in actually tracking down scum, he sent his whisper in when you didn't, and he also is totally fine with a play that would get him jailor executed tonight if he was lying. I dunno what you're really trying for here but if you were legit town you'd be okay with the trade, just like lord is now.

I'm off to bed, Sal should be the hammer when he get's a chance tomorrow after catching up on the discussion. I'll pm sal more stuff when the trial is in progress but as long as he tracks AA I don't see any possibility other than the game ending this night or the next day's lynch.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

ArbitraryC posted:

Mechanically, it really doesn't matter whether we vote you and jail lord or vote lord and jail you. On the slim chance lord is the fakeclaim and you're genuine I really don't understand why you care so much. Lord has been way more proactive in actually tracking down scum, he sent his whisper in when you didn't, and he also is totally fine with a play that would get him jailor executed tonight if he was lying. I dunno what you're really trying for here but if you were legit town you'd be okay with the trade, just like lord is now.

I'm off to bed, Sal should be the hammer when he get's a chance tomorrow after catching up on the discussion. I'll pm sal more stuff when the trial is in progress but as long as he tracks AA I don't see any possibility other than the game ending this night or the next day's lynch.

I think your definition of trying is a bit different to mine.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
##vote Beet

Let the trial commence!

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
So what's going on everyone?

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug
Just waiting it out at this point, don't forget to lookout on AA tonight!

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Did the trial start?

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
I'm also not really wild about my action being dictated by others, however I'm going with it because there is no need to stir the pot unnecessarily.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug
yeah trial shoulda started with your vote which means it'll end in a couple of hours unless I'm reading it wrong.

Sorry I didn't mean to dictate I just feel like with everyone revealed or claimed it's best to unite our efforts towards a common goal. Game would prolly end anyways with beet and IP dead but there's no real reason to takes risks. You'll be a guaranteed survivor which is cool too, the Day 1 hero we needed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I’m still jailing clord then eh?

• Locked thread