Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

drjuggalo posted:

froppy was cool until she cried like a punk and joined every other loving girl in class 1-A being a insecure low self esteem waifu bait for nerds

I'm going to do you a solid and assume that you forgot about Mina and also gently caress you for forgetting about Mina. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
Alien Queen is still the true best girl.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I can't believe Deku is insecure low self esteem waifu bait for nerds

Actually, what I meant to say was: gently caress off.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

drjuggalo posted:

froppy was cool until she cried like a punk and joined every other loving girl in class 1-A being a insecure low self esteem waifu bait for nerds
:goonsay:

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

drjuggalo posted:

I dunno mate, Mina seems to have all her poo poo figured out, and I don't recall Toru ever having a moment of weakness either.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Jiro never really seemed insecure about her actual hero work, just about other stuff(like performing music in front of others)

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

drjuggalo posted:

Tsuyu hasn't done much for me as a character in a little while but yikes

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

whole lotta bad takes recently

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
ashido's true quirk is Lookin Good & Feelin Fine

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

drjuggalo posted:

:yikes:

Oxxidation posted:

ashido's true quirk is Lookin Good & Feelin Fine

her fashion leaves a bit to be desired tho

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

drjuggalo posted:

This is an excellent troll, and well delivered.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

drjuggalo posted:

She was cool until she went full lawfriend

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

I hope we get more Mina, she was great in Kirishima's flashback.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

gmq posted:

I hope we get more Mina, she was great in Kirishima's flashback.

Horikoshi said in an interview recently he'd like to include more Mina, right? And Sero too?

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

symbolic posted:

Horikoshi said in an interview recently he'd like to include more Mina, right? And Sero too?

And an arc about Shoji.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Unfortunately he was speaking about the furniture item. A whole mini arc of our heroes appreciation classical Japanese furniture

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

drjuggalo posted:

what an extremely regular post

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
I'm just saying the last major thing Froppy did was be a cop and then ask for forgiveness for telling her friends they're being villains because she just wanted to follow the rules

This might be a Japanese interpretation of what "level headed" means as a character trait but she's definitely the most milquetoast, uninspiring aspiring hero in the class.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
I can't believe that this series about kids wanting to be cops had a character who wants to be a cop

Like, the idea that professional heroes have to follow rules is a major part of the series.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Captain Cappy posted:

I haven't read the manga in the while but I got through the overhaul arc and I just wanted to say now that its come up again:
- Mirio living for multiple minutes after getting shot was dumb. How do you do anything as a normal human against a guy that can instagib anyone with a touch? If I remember the author didn't even show that part, just had narration saying it, because he probably couldn't think of how either. Mirio should have died or Deku should have shown up immediately.
- Overhaul's quirk is op as gently caress and I dislike the idea of it existing. I feel like he could have instagibbed any hero who wasn't specifically Mirio so why wasn't he doing more crimes or something. He had no reason to be afraid of All Might and no one even knows All for One is a thing. I also feel like All for One would definitely want that quirk and would have taken it.

Thanks for listening.

Overhaul is vulnerable to any sort of ranged attacker. All Might could just slap him around with shockwaves. I think you're underestimating how absurdly strong All Might is.

It also seems strongly implied that Overhaul doesn't enjoy going into "massive monster" mode and wouldn't normally be fast to resort to that. It causes a ton of collateral damage, and if Deku hadn't defeated him it would have ended with a bunch of heroes showing up and taking him down.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

MonsterEnvy posted:

And an arc about Shoji.

you can't just make up characters like that smh

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Tsuyu was right

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

symbolic posted:

I dunno mate, Mina seems to have all her poo poo figured out, and I don't recall Toru ever having a moment of weakness either.
Maybe Toru had her moment of weakness and just no one saw it.

poo poo, it could've happened on panel too and we never realized it.

TheKingofSprings posted:

She was cool until she went full lawfriend

"Tsu-chan, you sound like a narc. Do you want to be a narc, Tsu-chan?"

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Fabricated posted:

Tsuyu was right

on the one hand this is true

on the other hand tsuyu is still kind of a boring character once you look past her cool character design

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Funky Valentine posted:

... Yes, yes she does. That's why she decided to become a Hero.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Funky Valentine posted:

She literally helped catch people trying to smuggle drugs across the border, so, uh, yes.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Don't you know? They were smuggling the deadliest drug of all...weed.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Eej posted:

I'm just saying the last major thing Froppy did was be a cop and then ask for forgiveness for telling her friends they're being villains because she just wanted to follow the rules

This might be a Japanese interpretation of what "level headed" means as a character trait but she's definitely the most milquetoast, uninspiring aspiring hero in the class.

now hold the gently caress on

she still didn't snitch

also the stakes were outlandishly high and she is realistically 15. plus narratively there had to be that major dissenting voice in the crew to make sure the situation was presented in a well-rounded manner to the readers, and iida already had his role set up

if every character only ever said things that were right that the audience agreed with it'd be a pretty lovely story

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

thetoughestbean posted:

I can't believe that this series about kids wanting to be cops had a character who wants to be a cop

Like, the idea that professional heroes have to follow rules is a major part of the series.

She's in school to be a hero not to be a cop and there's nothing wrong with the story having characters want to be cops anyway.

That is, it is fine for Froppy to want to be a cop. She just sucks because of it.

E: this is the same thing as Bakugou having an interesting role while also being an unlikeable rear end in a top hat of a character

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
heroes in MHA are an arm of the police force

they're cops in silly outfits

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

All the characters you like are pigs.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Mulva posted:

All the characters you like are pigs.

We haven't seen anyone with a pig related quirk yet!

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD

Clarste posted:

To be honest though, there are plenty of "instantly win if they touch you" abilities so it doesn't seem all that special. Definitely up there as one of the better powers we've seen though.

Whatever even happened to that horrible sausage making man?

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
He showed up to play commentator during the remedials (he was knocked out in the 1st round so he didn't get to take remedials).

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Crasical posted:

Whatever even happened to that horrible sausage making man?

He's probably still at his school, making meat packages out of people then turning them back because it's just gym class

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Froppy would narc on Hawks for being a double agent.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Lot of spoilers and stuff dropping. Including pics of the story Hori drew for the Light Novel leadin to the movie showing All Might's past. Good poo poo.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

MonsterEnvy posted:

And an arc about Shoji.

I’m glad that if there’s only one other person aside from me who wants a Shoji arc that it’s Horikoshi.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I’m glad that if there’s only one other person aside from me who wants a Shoji arc that it’s Horikoshi.

I'd be so down for a Shoji arc. He's a cool guy that I'd love to know more about.

Hell, I'd be up for an arc about any of the kids, even Sato and Koda.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

they could never show up again and I wouldn't even question it. they're barely even characters