Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Better
This poll is closed.
John Zandig 107 75.35%
DJ Hyde 35 24.65%
Total: 142 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Chris James 2 posted:

Love to take like 3 months to officially announce the match we already knew was going to happen

At least now Magnus and by extension TNA can finally get their dues in front of a 10,000 strong audience

he left TNA last year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Parents
Jul 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

The Bodyguard just won the All Asia Heavyweight Championship at age 50 and started wrestling at age 41. You've got time.

Score.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006
CHIKARA also sporadically does free "Try It" classes in case you want to get a couple bumps and drills in before committing to the full 101. Boomer's a physically gifted kid, but he was in 101 last June. If you catch on fast enough and apply yourself, they will find something for you.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
so how is JOHN loving ZANDIG anyway

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

corn in the bible posted:

so how is JOHN loving ZANDIG anyway

they're still looking for a babysitter for him last I heard.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/the_mjf/status/1024386578804813831?s=21

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

EugeneJ posted:

IWA Mid-South is running Larry D and Michael Elgin vs. Scott Norton and PCO on 10/18

prove it

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/GCWrestling_/status/1024476286209732608

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006
I am gonna die if WWN hosed up so badly at NOLA that they lost Joey's show.

Dr. Baker
Jan 25, 2012

Numb me, drill me
Floss me, bill me
I'm going to BOLA.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I started watching MLWs Battle Riot last night and it was pretty fun. Moreover what struck me was how nice the production was. I'd say it even looks better then ROH. I'm going to finish the event today, but I was really pleasantly surprised by the overall quality.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/IWAMidSouth/status/102504282552267161616

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Please summate tweets that are deleted

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Dr. Baker posted:

I'm going to BOLA.

Have they sold more seats because of the new venue? I was listening to a podcast where the host was trying to get GA tickets live and even though he tried as soon as it was available, it was sold out in minutes.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

Your Parents posted:

how much do you know about chikara? if I wanted to be a dumb idiot and work for quack how much is it gonna cost to get trained etc. I turned 30 this year and want to be in a ring before I die even if im bad

Check it out, I'm 32 and I've been training for five months now. Every training session I get a little bit better. I'm not ring ready yet, but it's going really fantastic. School I'm going to is about 900 a year, and they take weekly payments so if you can't show up for a class you're not out the money. A lot of schools are doing that now. It's a small indy school, and there are a ton of those. Honestly the best one I know of that is producing the best guys on the indies right now is Crux Wrestling in Tennessee, but I never get to get out there ever. Some of the bigger and better schools, like Steel Domain and The Academy, going to cost WAAAY more... Academy is 2950 for 8 months! BUT keep in mind you get trained by Ken loving Anderson for that much. Same goes for Quackenbush's Wrestle Factory; I don't know how much it costs, but the trainers are all stars including Chuck Taylor and Drew Gulak, so you know it's going to be A. expensive, and B. worth it.

By the way, just fyi from someone who has been doing this for a bit... everyone is going to go on about bumps and how much they suck. When you actually start doing bumps correctly and learn them? Bumps are going to become so second nature you're not going to care. Every time you back bump you're going to be like "Give me another!" You know what really sucks? Strikes. I've been doing bumps for months, have accidentally spiked myself a couple of times, my flip bumps are still terrible and I finally am doing good butt bumps that don't hurt my rear end anymore. None of that has ever hurt as much as getting popped with a stiff as gently caress forearm and feeling one of your ribs break.

BY THE WAY, who all is going to SCI this weekend?

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Skunkrocker posted:

BY THE WAY, who all is going to SCI this weekend?
I am indeed.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Best Friends have just been announced for All In. I think everyone's assumed they'd be there, but they were probably waiting to get the all clear on Greg's busted arms.

They got a zero effort graphic that one of the Bucks probably made on his phone, which is I guess what you get for trying to throw away the IWGP tag titles.
https://twitter.com/ALL_IN_2018/status/1025125847152218112?s=19

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
Greg 100% made that graphic

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
I love Chuck and Greg. That graphic is perfect for them

Anybody going to the Progress show in Philly on Saturday? I'mma be there and I'm hella excited for it

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Dangerous Person posted:

I love Chuck and Greg. That graphic is perfect for them

Anybody going to the Progress show in Philly on Saturday? I'mma be there and I'm hella excited for it

I think you mean Justin and Craig.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

oatgan posted:

prove it

https://twitter.com/IWAMidSouth/status/1025042825522671616

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

I want to go so bad but I predict at least two no-shows on that match.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

Sub Rosa posted:

I am indeed.

Holla at yo boy, tonight I'll be at the hotel in an Allie Kat shirt. :catdrugs:

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet

Gaz-L posted:

I think you mean Justin and Craig.

Nah, those are the guys Okada hangs out with

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS

Lol not a bad promo but it’s DOA when you mention it along side those other promos

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Dangerous Person posted:

Nah, those are the guys Okada hangs out with

And Okada's gonna be at All In. Game, set, match. :colbert:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/SouthsideWE/status/1025128128644087809

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Draxion posted:

Best Friends have just been announced for All In. I think everyone's assumed they'd be there, but they were probably waiting to get the all clear on Greg's busted arms.

They got a zero effort graphic that one of the Bucks probably made on his phone, which is I guess what you get for trying to throw away the IWGP tag titles.
https://twitter.com/ALL_IN_2018/status/1025125847152218112?s=19

the thread is good

https://twitter.com/SexyChuckieT/status/1025119870151786501

Dr. Baker
Jan 25, 2012

Numb me, drill me
Floss me, bill me

TV Zombie posted:

Have they sold more seats because of the new venue? I was listening to a podcast where the host was trying to get GA tickets live and even though he tried as soon as it was available, it was sold out in minutes.

E-mail merch@prowrestlingguerilla.com. They are being very kind if you contact them.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

He kind of looks like Dario Saric. :lol:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

MLW announced Pentagon Jr and Fenix defending the tag titles against LA Park and El Hijo de LA Park for their Oct 4 NY show

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

Chris James 2 posted:

MLW announced Pentagon Jr and Fenix defending the tag titles against LA Park and El Hijo de LA Park for their Oct 4 NY show

jesus

btw if you're wondering how hot NYC can potentially be for indie wrestling: they're selling VIP front row tickets for this show at $120 a pop, second row $70, 3rd & 4th for $60, balcony & weird ringside bleachers $55, weird ballroom-behind-glass-wall $50, and standing (in lovely places, according to folks who were at the last show) for $25

obviously this is gonna be another big PPV for MLW but dang those are the highest prices I've seen for a non-WWE-or-ROH show, especially one happening at a relatively cheap small venue in Queens instead of a relatively expensive venue like the Hammerstein

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Is Park's kid any good?

NuclearPotato
Oct 27, 2011

He's alright. Fairly indie-riffic though, and not nearly as much charisma as his pa.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/beyondwrestling/status/1025196382162890752

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006
Looking forward to WWE turbofucking the State-side indies as much as they're starting to do in the UK.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

You have to know a large portion of the TV money is going to be spent on 3 year deals for new talent to run the indies out of high end talent. Deals that won't be renewed if the indies die

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

SatoshiMiwa posted:

You have to know a large portion of the TV money is going to be spent on 3 year deals for new talent to run the indies out of high end talent. Deals that won't be renewed if the indies die

WWE isn't going to raise their salary structure they are just going to offer more people lovely deals. So they'll bring more people in but not everyone.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

MassRafTer posted:

WWE isn't going to raise their salary structure they are just going to offer more people lovely deals. So they'll bring more people in but not everyone.

I'm going to find it super funny if they offer the Bucks, Omega, Okada and Rush NXT deals to start with instead of big money ones

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

my girlfriend has only gone to one indie wrestling show and she swore it off because everyone was willing to "Just eat out of some woman's crockpot".