Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast
https://youtube.com/watch?v=aM8dV35C0zs

You made him shave! :argh: We used to call him “Homeless Bear” in the GDT’s.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
The thing is that even if they have a good weekend and win 3 out of 4 in Boston they have set themselves so far behind with these games against poo poo teams that it won't even matter that much.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

mcmagic posted:

The thing is that even if they have a good weekend and win 3 out of 4 in Boston they have set themselves so far behind with these games against poo poo teams that it won't even matter that much.

Let's stop talking about it then

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Noblest of all dogs is the hot-dog; it feeds the hand that bites it.

mcmagic posted:

Or Boston could go on an extended slump and things could be great! Let's try having the glass half full for a while

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

mcmagic posted:

If they win 3 out of 4 in Boston they would be 3.5 GB and 2 games back in the loss column with almost two months of baseball left to play.

They would have to keep winning and Boston would have to lose a few games but that's not an insurmountable difference.

DaStampede
Feb 8, 2018

No excuses this weekend. Time to make up some ground. Likewise, I would be really happy with 3/4.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
I mean, we've all known this was gonna come down to the last game of the season since the first week.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Inspector_666 posted:

I mean, we've all known this was gonna come down to the last game of the season since the first week.

I would sign up for that today.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.
You guys understand that it is possible to be simultaneously (i) happy with the growth of this team and how many games they are winning and (ii) annoyed with things that are holding this team back from winning the division and being all-time great. This isn't a take it or leave situation, not black and white. It's when you consider the team's 104 win pace that these losses against the Rays/Orioles and the existence of Sonny Gray really get on my nerves.

Speaking of Gray, can we just move him to the bullpen or Scranton and slot Lynn in the rotation? (Words I never thought I'd say in 2018.)

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Sonny would have to accept an assignment to AAA which likely wouldn't happen (although who knows, if they really think they can get him right and tell him that...) but yes he shouldn't be in the rotation anymore.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

I'm not gonna argue with taking Gray out of the rotation but Lynn isn't going to be much better.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Cessa/Lynn piggyback, gently caress it.

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Let the burning of pants commence. These things drive me nuts.

mcmagic posted:

I'm not gonna argue with taking Gray out of the rotation but Lynn isn't going to be much better.

Lynn isn't great but at least he can be league average. Sonny Gray is one of the worst in baseball right now.

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

ihatepants posted:

Lynn isn't great but at least he can be league average. Sonny Gray is one of the worst in baseball right now.

Yeah, but did you see that start he had on June 6th? What if he was going to have another game like that again!!

:cry:

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

mikeraskol posted:

You guys understand that it is possible to be simultaneously (i) happy with the growth of this team and how many games they are winning and (ii) annoyed with things that are holding this team back from winning the division and being all-time great. This isn't a take it or leave situation, not black and white.

Of course, but when someone is constantly whining and stomping their feet it gets annoying.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
https://twitter.com/ChrisCarlin/status/1025114485424574465

Monkey's paw, etc.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.
Man. Sonny Gray was a really good pitcher in Oakland.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Yankee Lineup: Please don't let boston get away with starting a piece of poo poo lefty against you. This is the kind of pitcher you should destroy. Thanks in advance.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
yay Sir Didi

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Noblest of all dogs is the hot-dog; it feeds the hand that bites it.
I miss the Yankees-Red Sox gdts that used to get created for a series like this

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

April Didi?

Also why did they start this game if it was gonna rain 15 mins in?

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Holy poo poo Sonny grays home road splits

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

How is this team 41 games over 500? They have 2 guys having great years and a bunch of terrible hitters.

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!

mcmagic posted:

How is this team 41 games over 500? They have 2 guys having great years and a bunch of terrible hitters.

They have some big lineup holes but they also have 4 guys in the top 40 for WAR.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

mcmagic posted:

:laffo:

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Jesus loving Christ CC.

3 Yankees have already K'd on pitches farther outside than CC's 3-2 pitch to Betts.

gently caress this ump.

Great idea Holder, walk the worst hitting regular player in the majors in front of Betts.

What embarrassing, loose horse poo poo. Lets get wrecked by AAAA players and kick the ball around. What pennant race!?

Yankees = Mentally weak, soft, not up to this moment.

mcmagic fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Aug 3, 2018

Well Played Mauer
Jun 1, 2003

We'll always have Cabo
CC needs a couple starts off to rest his weary fat man bones. Then he'll come back and roll through the rest of the year.

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Yankees have just not been a good team playing well for the last month plus. The offense has finally been doing pretty good recently, but now the pitching loving sucks.

ihatepants fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Aug 3, 2018

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
https://twitter.com/leokitty/status/724759321100308482

Well Played Mauer
Jun 1, 2003

We'll always have Cabo

ihatepants posted:

Yankees have just not been a good team for the last month plus. The offense has finally been doing pretty good recently, but now the pitching loving sucks.

I think this is recompense for May, where everything clicked.

Ultimately the starting pitching just doesn't compare to Boston and certainly not Houston. The bullpen is coming back to earth a little and the young guys are having summer struggles. The former is more of a long-term problem than the latter.

They're frustrating to watch right now because they don't seem to have focus. I don't care that they're losing to Boston so much as that what's going to put them into the wild card game is that they can't beat Baltimore. God I'm mcmagic's alt account.

From the outside looking in, the fact they're losing to bad teams seems like they don't have someone that's really leading the team from the execution angle. But with Gardner and CC that doesn't seem like it'd be the case.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Monkey Wrangler posted:

I think this is recompense for May, where everything clicked.

Ultimately the starting pitching just doesn't compare to Boston and certainly not Houston.

Boston has 1 good starter and he's on the DL. The yankees are sloppy.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

mcmagic posted:

Boston has 1 good starter and he's on the DL. The yankees are sloppy.

I was actually going to say this too.

Well Played Mauer
Jun 1, 2003

We'll always have Cabo
Fair.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

3 homers and 6 RBI for AAAA garbage against this team. Is this rock bottom?

Well Played Mauer
Jun 1, 2003

We'll always have Cabo
If it is, I will wish we hit it on July 28 so we could have done something at the deadline.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

bad loss is bad, there's still three more games. but the Yankees really need to clean up their fundamentals, that Holder inning was loving terrible

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

They are playing sloppy, lazy baseball. Their fielding is embarrassing. Holder should be sent down to AAA after that. He should be sent down to AAA just for coming into a game with a 2 run lead and walking Jackie Bradley who is a dogshit hitter in front of Betts.

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!

mcmagic posted:

They are playing sloppy, lazy baseball. Their fielding is embarrassing. Holder should be sent down to AAA after that. He should be sent down to AAA just for coming into a game with a 2 run lead and walking Jackie Bradley who is a dogshit hitter in front of Betts.

Holder falling asleep so badly that someone stole second without a pitch is some high school or college ball poo poo

DaStampede
Feb 8, 2018

It's going to be one of those weekends.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Which member(s) of the coaching staff gets fired first?

• Locked thread