Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

me your dad
Jul 25, 2006

quote:

I know how the music will sound on your iPod (ugh)

Deaner is very out of touch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

poo poo loads of my friends still rock their 160gb ipod video. The only reason I don't is the hdd failed two years ago.

snorch
Jul 27, 2009
Really eager to hear what kind of stuff comes out of that. I never really thought of deaner as a producer but now that I do I like the sound of it.

me your dad
Jul 25, 2006

Spotify had me excited for a sec on my Friday new release playlist when I saw this:

And then

They really need to figure out how not to do that.

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

:qq: I LOVE TWO AND HALF MEN!! YOU 20 SOMETHINGS ARE JUST TOO CYNICAL TO UNDERSTAND IT!!:qq:
wow sobriety has really done wonders for him huh

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

Yeah maybe they'll write a new song one day (they won't)

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Free DWG livestream tonight!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9nxOeJ-pZs

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Chicago Halloween night!

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

I know! I'm going to be in New Orleans on vacation. Would love to see them at the Aragon on Halloween, I bet it would be spooky as hell. Tons of weird outfits in the crowd too.

Oh well, the boys seem to be touring like crazy so I am sure they will come back again. Aragon is ideal as it's like a mile from my apartment.

me your dad
Jul 25, 2006

Awesome soundboard version of Did You See Me from Deaner, posted the other day in case anyone missed it.

https://archive.org/details/DidUSeeMe

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

me your dad posted:

Awesome soundboard version of Did You See Me from Deaner, posted the other day in case anyone missed it.

https://archive.org/details/DidUSeeMe

loving sick

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Sweet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ws3DJF7MbMU

Sir Bobert Fishbone
Jan 16, 2006

Beebort
Anyone in the Rochester area looking for 2 tickets to Artpark next week? Turns out I'm moving across the country this coming weekend and won't be able to make it.

e: I'm thinking straight face value?

Sir Bobert Fishbone fucked around with this message at 12:44 on Jul 22, 2018

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
More dates!

Bold Robot
Jan 6, 2009

Be brave.

this is cool but :negative: when are we getting an NYC show

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:
I might just finally get to see them. If I can trust my car to ride to the Cities.

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

:qq: I LOVE TWO AND HALF MEN!! YOU 20 SOMETHINGS ARE JUST TOO CYNICAL TO UNDERSTAND IT!!:qq:
Milwaukee, god drat it's about time! It's been over a decade!! YEEEHAAAWWW

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽

JAMOOOL posted:

Milwaukee, god drat it's about time! It's been over a decade!! YEEEHAAAWWW

Can't wait! Sucks it's at the rave but they're coming to Wisconsin so can't complain.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeit, it's only $250 to fly out to Minneapolis from Portland, this might have to happen.

Good reason to hit up Paisley Park, too.

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

yea the Rave kind of blows as a venue, the sound usually sucks and its not very well kept up but I don't care, I've been waiting literally over a decade to see them

my favorite Rave story is sneaking in 4-5 tiny bottles of booze, which I felt it was my responsibility to do, given that they charge like $9.50 for a single Bud Light. I saunter up to the bar and say, "yeah I'll have two COKES please" all sly-like and the bartender says, "okay, that'll be eight bucks". lol

protip sneak the bottles in your socks on the inside of your legs, they'll pat down the outer side

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
https://m.ebay.com/itm/Ween-The-Guavatar-Electric-Guitar/113196909277?_mwBanner=1&_rdt=1

Deaner is moving and will be selling a bunch of stuff I guess.

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

Do any of y'all keep up with Dean Ween Group's stuff? 2016's the Deaner Album was incredibly good and one of my favourite albums that year but this year we got rock2, their second LP. It's full of great songs including a recording of Don't Let the Moon Catch You Crying which you might recognize from the Caesar demo tapes. I like that original Caesar version but drat if this rock2 version makes the song a drat masterpiece.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

"This Heart of Palm" is loving gorgeous.

Man oh man, four days out until Ween comes to town and I'm super hyped. I love using Ween shows as a reason to get out and travel, but it's so nice having shows all up in my city. :dance:

caligulamprey fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Aug 14, 2018

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

Garry is supremely my poo poo.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Just announced they are playing 12GCG for 2 nights in Nashville with the poo poo Creek Boys, Oct 16&17. Sooooo wish I could make it to those.

me your dad
Jul 25, 2006

Enos Cabell posted:

Just announced they are playing 12GCG for 2 nights in Nashville with the poo poo Creek Boys, Oct 16&17. Sooooo wish I could make it to those.

Fuuuuuuck that's awesome. Their live material with the poo poo Creek Boys is some of the best music they've produced.

Too bad Nashville is 11 hours from me and I blew my Ween road trip wad for the reunion show in Denver.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

me your dad posted:

Fuuuuuuck that's awesome. Their live material with the poo poo Creek Boys is some of the best music they've produced.

Too bad Nashville is 11 hours from me and I blew my Ween road trip wad for the reunion show in Denver.

Hah, are you me? I also am 11 hours from Nashville and blew my Ween road trip money on the Denver reunion.

me your dad
Jul 25, 2006

Enos Cabell posted:

Hah, are you me? I also am 11 hours from Nashville and blew my Ween road trip money on the Denver reunion.

:hfive: I'm in the DC area.

The 96 Country Tour Sampler is so damned good.

https://youtu.be/xJGyNPrUSPI

We got God Ween Satan live with an album release. I wonder if they'll do the same with this. Live Mollusk could be next?

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

me your dad posted:

We got God Ween Satan live with an album release. I wonder if they'll do the same with this. Live Mollusk could be next?
Man, I really want that to show up sooner than later. I want to relive the magic of being front row during Pink Eye (On My Leg) with my left eye swollen to the size of an egg leaking puss everywhere, blowing kisses and waving at the band all yoooo-hooooo, boysssssssss!

I have my fingers crossed for a live Guava at some point just so I can get all up in that live Mourning Glory.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

FIRST LIVE RIFT. WOOO.

doctorthefonz
Nov 17, 2007

DoubleCakes posted:

Do any of y'all keep up with Dean Ween Group's stuff? 2016's the Deaner Album was incredibly good and one of my favourite albums that year but this year we got rock2, their second LP. It's full of great songs including a recording of Don't Let the Moon Catch You Crying which you might recognize from the Caesar demo tapes. I like that original Caesar version but drat if this rock2 version makes the song a drat masterpiece.

holy poo poo, i thought i'd been keeping up but thanks for posting this

also, 12 golden country greats live in 2018 with both the weeners sounds absolutely incredible

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽

caligulamprey posted:

FIRST LIVE RIFT. WOOO.

Badass! Really surprised it took this long

https://youtu.be/c5DNrMOxKg0

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

That audio quality could be better but it was still good that they've officially done Rift live and not just DWG.

I've been listening to some Ween demos and outtakes and I'm particularily fond of this C&C outtake for the Rift which has effected vocals and a prominent organ track towards the end.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
The rift is a good song.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
https://youtu.be/gd-RFUt0-NY

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
Gener really looks like crap

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
I feel bad making remarks about it, having some idea of what he's gone through, but he may be the only musician who's aged worse than Steve Howe. He seriously looks about 20 years older than Deaner there.

(If you do a google image search for Steve Howe, the suggested tags include "crypt" and "gollum," lol)

Rollersnake fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Aug 19, 2018

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

I don't think he looks that bad. If he still had colour in his hair nobody would be saying this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
Deaner looks pretty youthful for 47, and I think the contrast is part of the issue.

I'll shut up about it now. I'm sure I'll end up looking like a fat troll wizard at 47, and I'm perhaps projecting my insecurities a bit.