Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Commie Lasorda
May 15, 2009

IT'S CLOBBERIN' TIME!
One of those packs had better have the rare lenticular holofoil of Bush vomiting on the Japanese prime minister

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vato
Jan 14, 2018

Drive-Thru Salad Bar posted:

One of those packs had better have the rare lenticular holofoil of Bush vomiting on the Japanese prime minister

Good times!

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
Lmao I had some of those

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
how much cavalry did we have in Desert Storm

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

I preferred your last avatar, so I put it back. My apologies to the pedo who purchased your last one (it's always projection).
Pack #4

Canada has entered the ring, bringing their Great White North know-how into the desert.

pap smear
Jan 21, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

Ein cooler Typ posted:

mechanized you loving idiot

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Gutter Phoenix posted:

It looks like the good people at Topps® spared no expense getting a fresh picture of some dirty Iraqi about to launch a deadly Scud Missile™ at the virtuous Coalition for Peace.

These days we have memes, back then all we had was the joke ‘Sure Could Use Directions’ to keep us going. It’s been a wild ride.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Ein cooler Typ posted:

in the way they meant it, quite a lot

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

I preferred your last avatar, so I put it back. My apologies to the pedo who purchased your last one (it's always projection).
Pack #5

Stickers for both of those notorious bastions of Liberty, Morocco and Egypt!

Nice quality control, Topps. Looks like someone needs to go back in time to 1991 to interrogate some employees, because some dumb motherfucker (probably an Iraqi) on the assembly line must think that Morocco and/ or Egypt stickers just grow on the motherfucking Topps Bubblegum Trees!! Jesus tap-dancin' Christ, I hope someone got fired for that.

On the other hand, I got two stickers and that is awesome!!!

Vato
Jan 14, 2018

Gutter Phoenix posted:

Pack #4

Canada has entered the ring, bringing their Great White North know-how into the desert.

Lt. Gen. Horner is making me hot for WAR, the band.

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
Can you post the upclose back and front of the desert drink one the bag just says desert on it lol

Sten Freak
Sep 10, 2008

Despite all of these shortcomings, the Sten still has a long track record of shooting people right in the face.
College Slice
Hell yes carpet bombing and mine laying.

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Pack #6

Let us never forget America's greatest ally in the liberation of Iraq, France. I love you bro, let's never let anything come between us.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
Excellent thread

pap smear
Jan 21, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

Sten Freak posted:

Hell yes carpet bombing and mine laying.

c-carpet b-bombing is unethical! :qq: Stop waging war incorrectly stupid status quo!!

onedayholiday
Dec 6, 2013

Grimey Drawer
holding out for the waterboarding card over here

Vato
Jan 14, 2018

Gutter Phoenix posted:

Pack #6

Let us never forget America's greatest ally in the liberation of Iraq, France. I love you bro, let's never let anything come between us.

'Copter is what everyone says. Didn't you know? Here it is printed on a card. It's what everyone says.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
Wow, Becoming a Fighter Pilot looks boring as poo poo

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

shmups are da best come play some shmups they're cheap and good and you like them
Plaster Town Cop

Gutter Phoenix posted:

Pack #6

Boy I sure i hope i get to BECOMING A FIGHTER PILOT

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Pack #7

You younger folks may not remember this, but that picture of Lt. General Kelly kickstarted puberty for a large chunk of the world's non-sports-card enthusiasts coming of age in 1991.
Anyone born in late 1991/ early 1992 from an unplanned teenage pregnancy owes their life to either that card, of the original run of the TV show Cop Rock.

Topps is getting metaphysical.

Vato
Jan 14, 2018

Gutter Phoenix posted:

Topps is getting metaphysical.

Well, you don't understand how the business of trading cards works. You get a lot of pictures sometimes, and you just have to make sense of them all. Even if it doesn't make sense. That guy isn't a tank. It's complicated.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

Vato posted:

That guy isn't a tank.

Look, let's not go jumping to any conclusions here.

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

Look, let's not go jumping to any conclusions here.

Maybe his name is tank

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Becoming a fighter pilot looks like they only hired conjoined twins. Also consider me drat thirsty for some Desert Drink.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Vato posted:

That guy isn't a tank.
how could you possibly know what character class he plays when gaming with the guys back in the barracks?

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Gutter Phoenix posted:

Pack #5

Stickers for both of those notorious bastions of Liberty, Morocco and Egypt!

Nice quality control, Topps. Looks like someone needs to go back in time to 1991 to interrogate some employees, because some dumb motherfucker (probably an Iraqi) on the assembly line must think that Morocco and/ or Egypt stickers just grow on the motherfucking Topps Bubblegum Trees!! Jesus tap-dancin' Christ, I hope someone got fired for that.

On the other hand, I got two stickers and that is awesome!!!

I'm both Carpet Bombing and the Tried & True B-52

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
His hat says Sniper and his gun says DPS but the orange aura is clearly a defensive buff

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

Waffle House posted:

I'm both Carpet Bombing and the Tried & True B-52

I'm DESERT DRINK

Savage For The Winjun
Jun 27, 2008

LGD posted:

how could you possibly know what character class he plays when gaming with the guys back in the barracks?

This was an age of sandbox type games actually gamers weren't restricted to classes like tank or caster. Pre 9.11 gaming ruled

curlys gold
Jan 17, 2018

Wow, Becoming a Fighter Pilot looks boring as poo poo

curlys gold
Jan 17, 2018

TENT CITY

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

I'm DESERT DRINK

I’m USS Sides.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

bragging about carpet bombing and laying minefields in a foreign nation

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
more like lt gen horney

awyeahz
Aug 21, 2005

~*~BeDtImE~4~B0NZ0~*~
its from a different series but there is a signed gorbachev rookie card on ebay going for $269

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

Hellsau posted:

bragging about carpet bombing and laying minefields in a foreign nation

Maybe they should have thought of that before they drilled for oil diagonally

Vato
Jan 14, 2018

awyeahz posted:

its from a different series but there is a signed gorbachev rookie card on ebay going for $269

I was too young to realize what what was going on when the wall fell, but my mom and my grandma said "pay attention!". It was boring, and I was/am an idiot.

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Pack #8

It's hummers and trenches as far as the eye can see.

Vato
Jan 14, 2018

Gutter Phoenix posted:

Pack #8

It's hummers and trenches as far as the eye can see.

This pack is the best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

awyeahz posted:

Look at this exciting website dedicated to Desert Storm trading cards!

http://www.desertstormcards.com/

According to that site, there are at least nine different collections are Desert Storm trading cards in addition to the three series released by Topps. Which is the right Desert Storm trading card set for you? Only one way to find out!!