Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Imagine getting really excited because you believe your dad when he says he will definitely be at your big baseball game this weekend, bud, this time will be different. Except instead of being 8 you're a grown rear end man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
Dustin is the best

https://mobile.twitter.com/bokamotoESPN/status/1025501809966702592

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Pretty soon the UFC's booking policy is just gonna be Dana White setting up a cage in his backyard and waiting every night for Chuck Liddell to come walking outta the cornfield

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Idgi, is it happening or not. I want Nate back!

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

I didn't realize how much I missed Nate. One of my favorite fighters of all time (along with his brother).

Looking at his wiki profile, I counted 14 _____ of the night awards, including a stretch of 6 in a row earlier in his career.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

the diaz brothers are amazing fighters to watch and fascinating people to follow, and they wouldn't be that way if they weren't the diaz brothers, but doing so comes with the inevitable disappointment of being reminded that at the end of the day they are the diaz brothers

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

kimbo305 posted:

Idgi, is it happening or not. I want Nate back!

hes already signed the contract right? so its happening, doesnt matter what he says

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

tesilential posted:

Did y’all read the tweets? Definitely used gay slurs used as an insult, but he says “nigga” when referring to himself and buddies. Dumb yes, racist hell no.

As a brown dude I hate when people pile on to call someone a racist when there isn’t any proof. There are plenty real racists out there, and they don’t say “nigga”, no need to pile on Cody for using the slang that’s all over mainstream media and has been his entire life.

No I didn't but also I was referring to all celebrities not just that one

Some of the ones getting nailed in this storm of people digging through tweets from years ago lately were being racist so it was just a joke about it being extremely hard not to be - because, you know, sarcasm

Tyree
Sep 11, 2003

STRETCH

STRETCH

STRETCH

I still don't get if he is mad that he isn't also on that card, or he is mad that he thinks he is (he isnt).

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Tyree posted:

I still don't get if he is mad that he isn't also on that card, or he is mad that he thinks he is (he isnt).

*flips u off*

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
TMZ asked him and it sounds like he's still gonna' fight Dustin and also the dude asked him, "Do you want the winner (of Conor and Khabib)?" and he replied "I am the winner." so there you go.

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012

Dan Didio posted:

TMZ asked him and it sounds like he's still gonna' fight Dustin and also the dude asked him, "Do you want the winner (of Conor and Khabib)?" and he replied "I am the winner." so there you go.

lmao

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

tesilential posted:

As a brown dude I hate when people pile on to call someone a racist when there isn’t any proof. There are plenty real racists out there, and they don’t say “nigga”, no need to pile on Cody for using the slang that’s all over mainstream media and has been his entire life.

It's still not great for him and his friends to use that word. It isn't the worst thing in the world but white guys giving themselves a pass is still bogus.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Biggest Meltdowner posted:

It's still not great for him and his friends to use that word. It isn't the worst thing in the world but white guys giving themselves a pass is still bogus.

Derrick Lewis gave him a pass and as a BMW I don't think Cody is racist just dumb as hell.

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..

Dan Didio posted:

I didn't realize how much I missed Nate until just now.

i can still taste him
Feb 16, 2003
Buglord
I'll always be a Diaz supporter. Either one. I think Nate has the edge in the DDP fight.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Phew, it's been almost a month since something ridiculous happened, thanks Nate :)

Herv
Mar 24, 2005

Soiled Meat
tonight
Tonight
TONIGHT!

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

I reckon the one card that stays together perfectly, with some of the greatest fighters in the world, will do miserably on PPV. DJ to Rizin so he can be accompanied to the ring by a man in an XBox costume.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
mike perry and till sparred by splitting up a pair of 16oz gloves for their power hands and a pair of mma gloves for the lead hands lol

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

CommonShore posted:

It was a balance of pay, and that he wanted to spend more time in Ukraine near his family. It was almost the exact same situation as Horiguchi, except with ruples.

You mean hryvnia.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3865058&pagenumber=1&perpage=40

GDT, a little late for Pride Month but still good.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
This might be a dumb question but can you watch live fights on Fight Pass? No right. You still need to buy the ppv

Also how does one buy a ppv? Do you just go to ppv. Common click on what you want and stream it or is it only through cable provider

Waroduce fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Aug 4, 2018

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS
Are we just not talking about the fact conor/khabib is happening?

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Waroduce posted:

This might be a dumb question but can you watch live fights on Fight Pass? No right. You still need to buy the ppv

Also how does one buy a ppv? Do you just go to ppv. Common click on what you want and stream it or is it only through cable provider

You can buy and watch the ppv on Fight Pass.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Dangersim posted:

i think its just been so long and seemed inevitable for a while now

The Automator
Jan 16, 2009

Waroduce posted:

If you use any sort of tv service you can usually purchase through them. If you don't, you can watch it via other outlets like fight pass, and I think Amazon. I know my PS4 has an app to watch them.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

Dangersim posted:

I mean I'm trying not to jinx it tbh.

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

I'm going to wait till they are in the Octagon to get truly excited.

threeagainstfour fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Aug 4, 2018

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug

threeagainstfour posted:

This.
There's a lot of factors that could still negatively affect this fight, though I hope none of them happen.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

threeagainstfour posted:

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Because let's face it - that event is fairly far away and Conor is not making the best decisions

The Automator
Jan 16, 2009
Also khabib doesn't have the best track record of making it to fights. Like, this one is a roll of the dice boys

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Waroduce posted:

Internationally you can watch all the prelims on fight pass then you can buy the ppv. In the US you can watch the special fight pass prelims and also buy the ppv on fight pass.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Khabib is gonna ragdoll McGregor.

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Khabib is gonna break something and Conor’s gonna fight Nate

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Dangersim posted:

threeagainstfour posted:

Pretty much where I'm at at this point. And there's only one interesting result possible even then, because it's obviously a foregone conclusion that if Conor wins he'll never defend the belt

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

If you haven’t yet go watch the Perez/Torres fight.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

USADA's tested Brock 3 times since he re-entered the pool a month ago

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Wow that Co-main

• Locked thread