Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

onedayholiday
Dec 6, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I heard if you get the full set you send them off and revieve a free copy of the PNAC document and some Halliburton shares!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

Gutter Phoenix posted:

One guy pointing a gun, one guy pointing a camera, and one guy pointing a finger. Looks like Freedom to me!!

That's a tank

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
Really fun thread!

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
That’s clearly a fighting vehicle

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.
They're actually just standing in front of a giant telephone.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

That’s clearly a fighting vehicle

No it's a tank, didn't you read the card

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

No it's a tank, didn't you read the card
Tanks have a big gun you dingus

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

I preferred your last avatar, so I put it back. My apologies to the pedo who purchased your last one (it's always projection).

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

Can you post the upclose back and front of the desert drink one the bag just says desert on it lol

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

Nice

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
God I want an F-15 card

Holden MacRoin
Sep 5, 2011

Gutter Phoenix posted:

Pack #8

It's hummers and trenches as far as the eye can see.

yeah lemme get uhhhh-60a

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Crash_N_Burn posted:

Look at Mr Knows when specific events in american history occured over here

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

I'll show you A WAC ;)

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:
War...war never changes

Oh poo poo the new cards are out

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Gutter Phoenix posted:

Pack #6

Let us never forget America's greatest ally in the liberation of Iraq, France. I love you bro, let's never let anything come between us.

That's not the USS Long Beach at all. Good one, Topps.

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

What a great thread, can you tell the collectibles craze of the 90s was already going on.
If you want the full Original Desert Storm experience get the 1991 ebn remix of cnn coverage (featuring younger yet still old Wolf Blitzer and Elder Bush rocking us):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6OmnsbMci4

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

enough piss to make a moat

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
I'm kinda sad that Desert Drink wasn't an off brand strawberry kool aid being sold by Dick Cheney's Haliburton Connections

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

Thanks for this thread

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

bitterandtwisted posted:

Thanks for this thread

seriously

I love threads like this, thank you for the effort

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
I think you got the full set. Well done.

alpaca diseases
May 19, 2009

>pet cat

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Gutter Phoenix posted:

Pack #3

:piss: Another Powell/ Cheney card. :piss: Truly, I am blessed. :piss:

This card features an actual picture of God asking America (and to a lesser degree the other members of The Coalition for Peace) for help bringing Peace and Freedom to the Middle East because although He is the Almighty Creator of the Universe, he lacked the military might and tactical know-how of the United States. A lot of people don't know this happened, but it totally did.

Here is some more knowledge to shove into your brain, courtesy of the good people at Topps®

this is some tight intel, thanks op

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

sebmojo posted:

this is some tight intel, thanks op

Yeah, but he suppressed the more controversial "Unit Sizes - B".

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Is there a piss tube trading card?

Casimir Radon fucked around with this message at 14:47 on Aug 4, 2018

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
holy poo poo this is incredible

can i buy any of these from you, i feel i need one for my "what the hell?" collection

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Desert Storm was the peak of the american empire.

USA USA!

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

That money might be better suited to pay for some therapy :haw:

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Drive-Thru Salad Bar posted:

One of those packs had better have the rare lenticular holofoil of Bush vomiting on the Japanese prime minister

Painful Dart Bomb
May 23, 2012

And he was talking 'fore I knew it, and as he grew he'd say "I'm gonna be like you, dad" "You know I'm gonna be like you".
Hokly gently caress I had a binder full of these when I was a kid and I loved them. Thanks for the nostalgia, OP!

1st_Panzer_Div.
May 11, 2005
Grimey Drawer
I still have my binder full, ive got a full 2nd, and most of 1 and i think a full 3rd, plus stickers and boxes.

Also the victory in the middle East sweatshirt. It was a war truly blessed.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Did you bet the entire set?!

Great thread

Omnitrix
Aug 14, 2008

Jacob likes air cooled VW's

What a weird way to portray Papa Bush
Someone requested an F 15 earlier

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Omnitrix posted:

What a weird way to portray Papa Bush
Someone requested an F 15 earlier
It's almost certainly from an airdropped propaganda leaflet

They dropped a wide variety of them

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Holy crap. My parents just found a bunch of my old baseball cards in the attic and I had a stack of these in there. We had a card shop down the street from my childhood home and these things were probably 50 cents a pack, so I bought some for the fun of it and in hindsight it is the weirdest loving thing...

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof
Awesome nostalgia, OP. I don't know if I got any trading cards, but I still have a medal, some patches, and some decks of Desert Shield / Desert Storm playing cards, courtesy of sitting in the bowels of the USS Saratoga and working on "The Agile F-14" during the war.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

What is a tank?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

That's not the USS Long Beach at all. Good one, Topps.

was long beach the nuclear cruiser or have i been drinking too much again

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

I preferred your last avatar, so I put it back. My apologies to the pedo who purchased your last one (it's always projection).

LadyPictureShow posted:

Did you bet the entire set?!

Great thread

I did manage to get one complete set (right side of picture), and 2 almost complete sets (in box).

I am going to stick a few of the extras in my bicycle spokes, and shellac the rest of them on to various antique farm equipment as a statement of my sexuality.

I only got one each of these two cards, and doubles (or more) of all of the others. Looking back of the pictures, these were both in Pack #6 in case anyone is keeping track.

Glad people enjoyed this as much as I did! Let me know if you want to see anything else close up. I'm going to read all of the backs and see if there is anything worth posting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nice Guy Patron
Jun 29, 2015

Milo and POTUS posted:

What is a tank?

It's a kind of pastry.