Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
I mean for my part, when I go invis I feel like I need to find every reason to stay invis and get the most out of it, so it could just be that. Keeping it up when they were own fighting two of them is the right call in my opinion.

Also, that fact about selling seats in front of cameras explains why the cameras were totally blocked by people when Khary came in, cool cool.

poo poo's gonna go so sideways as soon as lorenzo and even a few other shepherds are around, hope they can bust out the rest of the Nein to help with that because as it is they've burned quite a few high level spells.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

This is not their night.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Oooooooh maybe someone is going to die

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.
I guess that confirms our guesses.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

oni

Raged posted:

Oooooooh maybe someone is going to die

This is going to result in at least one death.

Pollyanna fucked around with this message at 05:01 on Aug 4, 2018

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

it's good drama but i can't help but think these encounters are over tuned

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

eke out posted:

it's good drama but i can't help but think these encounters are over tuned

:ssh: D&D is not a good game.

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

But I've yet to figure out a better way to spend my time.
They're attacking an enemy stronghold with a small group of people and got caught, it's no surprise that they're getting overwhelmed. I love it.

Bring on the cone of cold, Matt.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

In It For The Tank posted:

They're attacking an enemy stronghold with a small group of people and got caught, it's no surprise that they're getting overwhelmed. I love it.

Bring on the cone of cold, Matt.

Let the bodies hit the floor!

Lucas Archer
Dec 1, 2007
Falling...
Man, the dice gods are not being kind to Khary tonight.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Cone of cold time!!!!!!!!!!

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

Yessssss cone of cold.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

At least he's only got the one.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
dropped 2 of them already

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

Well, there's the cone. Aaaand they're pretty hosed!

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

He could then cast sleep on the survivors.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

tpk tpk tpK TPK TPK TPK TPK :getin:

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

this is what taliesin's character is literally specialized at

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Healers healing in Crit Role what is this.........

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.
Grave Domain clerics, man. They're SO GOOD.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

did he give this oni additional character levels or is it just the base CR 7 mob

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

eke out posted:

did he give this oni additional character levels or is it just the base CR 7 mob

Oni's are loving tough.

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

Onis have like 130 hp and regenerate 10 every round so even with a Nova round thanks to the stun I don't think they can kill him. Probably enough to make him flee though so they can end the session.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

In It For The Tank posted:

Onis have like 130 hp and regenerate 10 every round so even with a Nova round thanks to the stun I don't think they can kill him. Probably enough to make him flee though so they can end the session.

yeah that's why i was asking. this monster alone should be a pretty solid challenge for the gang, but they dealt with a whole crew of leveled adventurers and half dozen guards before him

at this point though, it's reasonable to have it decide to live to take revenge another day with the whole organization shattered

e: lol

eke out fucked around with this message at 06:01 on Aug 4, 2018

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

gently caress YEAH

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

I share Matt's frustration.

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

eke out posted:

yeah that's why i was asking. this monster alone should be a pretty solid challenge for the gang, but they dealt with a whole crew of leveled adventurers and half dozen guards before him

at this point though, it's reasonable to have it decide to live to take revenge another day with the whole organization shattered

e: lol

CR is roughly designed for average skilled players in a group of 4.

With a group of 6 Action Economy weighs things heavily in their favor.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

matt thought he'd have another turn to get his guy outta there

Xae posted:

CR is roughly designed for average skilled players in a group of 4.

With a group of 6 Action Economy weighs things heavily in their favor.

oh yeah i know, i mostly mean it's a bigass challenge following a group of leveled bad guys that were with him that expended most of their resources - party wizard using cantrips the whole time, etc.

eke out fucked around with this message at 06:05 on Aug 4, 2018

Fenrisulfr
Oct 14, 2012
gently caress yeah, Caleb!

(Also, god I wish they knew their abilities better. That stun should have lasted until the end of Beau's next turn, not Lorenzo's.)

Fenrisulfr fucked around with this message at 06:21 on Aug 4, 2018

Adnor
Jan 11, 2013

Justice for Daisy

I thought Caleb was going to say something about Lorenzo killing Molly, instead he was angrier about his cat lol

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

To be fair, I would also murderize a demon if it killed my cat.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

All in all, that was a good session to do for a live audience.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

oh no matt is getting weepy ;;

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

Pollyanna posted:

oh no matt is getting weepy ;;

He is the best boy :3:

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

i didn't see anyone rule out ashly staying on...

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

I know it won’t happen but if I wish hard enough maybe Ashly will join the regular cast.

Maybe Ashly and Ashley will just swap in and out and nobody addresses it.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

Ha I knew Matt wanted him to get away, oh well. Made for a satisfying conclusion. Nice to see grave domain used to its max potential too, was worried when Taleisin was trying to toss out a healing word on people who weren't down yet. When you really maximize the benefits of healing by only healing when they're down and do meaty stuff like cure wounds you can really dynamically swing people back up with grave domain. Some big time important saves too, don't know what his max hp was since he hadn't taken many hits, if any, that I can recall, but if the cone had put down Clay they would have really fallen behind on actions bringing people back up, even if someone feeds him a potion and then he goes and brings up others. Probably no stun there too so Lorenzo gets to bash faces a bit while they're behind the 8 ball.

This is definitely gonna be level 6 for the party too, so that'll be fun. Good character fallout too for the people they just rescued, there's also a random old woman in there so what's up with her? It wouldn't have made sense, but I would have loved if that old woman had turned out to be Jester just trolling her captors with disguise self for no reason.

I'm glad I've embraced them not knowing how spells or skills work, I barely batted an eye when spirit guardians just kind of interpreted in a way that made sense and not the goofier way it is as written, which works fine tactically but isn't as intuitive when most everything in the game hits right then, not later.

A fine arc and a fine end to some of the shittiest people we've seen in either campaign, here's to a less stressful trip back to Zadash and lots of money for a job well done.

eke out posted:

i didn't see anyone rule out ashly staying on...

I think it's wishful thinking, the vibe I got was definitely that she was done with her guest appearances for now. Like some guests she might pop back in later.

Since I think Travis and Laura are back next week that puts them back at a 6 person table, which is just fine and Ashley Johnson coming back in here and there is just gravy on the mashed potatoes.

NowonSA fucked around with this message at 06:30 on Aug 4, 2018

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Hopefully Ashly sticks around for one more week at least to work with the fallout or something.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

Oh I also just remembered that Lorenzo was inspired and Matt forgot about it, wow that would have been an epic way to prevent the stun if it was cashed in there and brought him up to a save!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
Matt is a such beautiful soul. There is something so genuine and adorable (for lack of better term, I'm sure there is one). I'm pretty sure he's a Fae/Fey IRL.