Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Get that stupid water out of there and fill it up with Pimm's and lemonade and we're talking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating
Bunch of vegetable-water lovers itt

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

My Lovely Horse posted:

Get that stupid water out of there and fill it up with Pimm's and lemonade and we're talking.

*Points to My Lovely Horse*

*Backs out of the thread, still pointing*

*Drives to liquor store*

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Corb.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Or some say Corbm.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
https://www.nationalreview.com/2018/08/a-hot-dog-is-not-a-sandwich/

quote:

Some disordered and lost souls keep saying hot dogs are sandwiches. They are wrong, and here’s why.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Helith posted:

I love chips, but these are a step too far.
They are oddly sweet and have a strong chemical aftertaste.
Not recommended.
Cucumber water though is good.
Ah, piss. I have an unopened bag of these (and "Mexican Tomato Chicken Flavor") and was looking forward to trying them. :(

e: I will be buying a pack of all of Lay's U.S. regional flavors if at all possible, however--and looking for similar Canadian products in Montreal later this month. What was that brand of cheez doodles y'all had up north that blew our stuff out of the water?

Hirayuki has a new favorite as of 14:39 on Aug 4, 2018

Mr.Radar
Nov 5, 2005

You guys aren't going to believe this, but that guy is our games teacher.

:orb:

Of course that would be the official stance of the National Review. Can't let people think (sandwich) anarchy is good.

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

I like actual cucumbers. But cucumber flavoured stuff, man, I don't know.

My ex from high school used to make "nachos." This involved a bunch of tortilla chips covered in unseasoned browned ground beef and shredded cheddar and then baked until the cheese melted. Then he would add cucumber ranch dressing.

I could never loving stand the smell of that cucumber ranch.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

RoboRodent posted:

I like actual cucumbers. But cucumber flavoured stuff, man, I don't know.

My ex from high school used to make "nachos." This involved a bunch of tortilla chips covered in unseasoned browned ground beef and shredded cheddar and then baked until the cheese melted. Then he would add cucumber ranch dressing.

I could never loving stand the smell of that cucumber ranch.

You mean he preferred the ground beef unseasoned? Or just too lazy to keep spices around or run out to get one of those taco seasoning packets?

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo
https://i.imgur.com/VYJCOCM.mp4

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

Basebf555 posted:

You mean he preferred the ground beef unseasoned? Or just too lazy to keep spices around or run out to get one of those taco seasoning packets?

Preferred it that way. Because he couldn't stand spiciness to any degree and never seemed to understand seasoning being a thing.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
:froggonk:

empty sea
Jul 17, 2011

gonna saddle my seahorse and float out to the sunset
I very briefly dated a guy who made me nachos like that, minus the ranch. He was very proud of his culinary skill and asked if I would order his bland af nachos at a restaurant.

That was the moment I knew he was too stupid to continue dating. Life is too short for flavorless food.

Leocadia
Dec 26, 2011

That's very distressing.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I don't think I could ever live in the Midwest of America or rural England. The idea of people finding stuff like paprika spicy is so alien to me.

Loutre
Jan 14, 2004

✓COMFY
✓CLASSY
✓HORNY
✓PEPSI

Helith posted:

They are oddly sweet and have a strong chemical aftertaste.

That's exactly how I would describe these Thai Miang Kham chips.

They taste exactly like Fruity Pebbles. I actually loved them, but I like artificial lime.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Leocadia
Dec 26, 2011

Ibblebibble posted:

I don't think I could ever live in the Midwest of America or rural England. The idea of people finding stuff like paprika spicy is so alien to me.

Every now and then I get home sick and make paprikosh chicken which involves about a cup of paprika. I usually throw some extra in there. I can't imagine the sort of people who season food with a quarter teaspoon of anything.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

ok i'm probably the idiot but we were served grilled abalone, with the full bile duct intact. we didn't eat it. is it meant to be even eaten?

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

The Saddest Rhino posted:

ok i'm probably the idiot but we were served grilled abalone, with the full bile duct intact. we didn't eat it. is it meant to be even eaten?

Holy poo poo, don't eat that.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

That’s awful.

I get nose to tail cooking and all that but this is just wrong.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

If you're into someone regurgitating half digested kelp into your mouth, then it's perfectly fine to eat.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
Even if I was told that that was the most delicious part of the thing and was an international delicacy, there's no way I'd put that green monstrosity in my mouth.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
Why did this happen? I have had abalone several times and this has never happened. I'm frightened now.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

tribbledirigible posted:

If you're into someone regurgitating half digested kelp into your mouth, then it's perfectly fine to eat.

Sold!

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

Apparently that part of the abalone is prized in Japan as “awabi kimo.”

:distonk:

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

Labes for days posted:

is prized in Japan

Ha, of course.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Hirayuki posted:

Ah, piss. I have an unopened bag of these (and "Mexican Tomato Chicken Flavor") and was looking forward to trying them. :(

e: I will be buying a pack of all of Lay's U.S. regional flavors if at all possible, however--and looking for similar Canadian products in Montreal later this month. What was that brand of cheez doodles y'all had up north that blew our stuff out of the water?

When you're up there, look for Doritos Cornichon Intenses if you like dill pickle chips. They're fantastic and I wish they were available in the US.

Ibblebibble posted:

Just don't leave a larger city in the midwest and you're fine. I've got everything from Ethiopian to Korean to Lao food within a 10 minute walk right now.

Carbon Thief
Oct 11, 2009

Diamonds aren't the only things that are forever.

Hirayuki posted:

You're probably thinking of Hawkins Cheezies. They're one of my favourite snacks. Also, if you're going to be in Quebec, look for spruce beer (épinette) and do a trip report for us.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

Leocadia posted:

Every now and then I get home sick and make paprikosh chicken which involves about a cup of paprika. I usually throw some extra in there. I can't imagine the sort of people who season food with a quarter teaspoon of anything.

i can't do more than a quarter teaspoon of hing

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Look at this scrub who's never read Island of the Blue Dolphins

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

More in the "overconsumption" realm than "looks bad", I Ate Hunter S. Thompson's Infamous Breakfast And I'll Never Do It Again.

quote:

"I like to eat breakfast alone, and almost never before noon; anybody with a terminally jangled lifestyle needs at least one psychic anchor every twenty four hours, and mine is breakfast. In Hong Kong, Dallas, or at home—and regardless of whether or not I have been to bed—breakfast is a personal ritual that can only be properly observed alone, and in a spirit of genuine excess. The food factor should always be massive: Four bloody Marys, two grapefruits, a pot of coffee, Rangoon crêpes, a half-pound of either sausage, bacon, or corned beef-hash with diced chilies, a Spanish omelette or eggs Benedict, a quart of milk, a chopped lemon for random seasoning, and something like a slice of Key lime pie, two margaritas, and six lines of the best cocaine for dessert... Right, and there should also be two or three newspapers, all mail and messages, a telephone, a notebook for planning the next twenty four hours, and at least one source of good music... All of which should be dealt with outside, in the warmth of the hot sun, and preferably stone naked."

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

I'd be down with that except the cocaine and the "after noon" thing. Give that to me at 6am and I think i'd feel ready to do anything the rest of the day.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I'd skip the Bloody Marys (because I hate those), the cocaine, and probably the Key Lime pie because I'm not a big fan of them.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

chitoryu12 posted:

I'd skip the Bloody Marys (because I hate those), the cocaine, and probably the Key Lime pie because I'm not a big fan of them.

They're good if made right, and hungover

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Iron Crowned posted:

They're good if made right, and hungover

I had one at Tibby's in Altamonte Springs and it was disgusting. Normally I really like their food and cocktails (they're one of the few New Orleans restaurants in Orlando to taste like the food I ate in New Orleans), but I took a few sips and just had it taken away because it was so gross. Admittedly they put a lot of spices and other flavorings in it, but I can't imagine tomato juice even by itself being that great, let alone with vodka in it.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Carbon Thief posted:

You're probably thinking of Hawkins Cheezies. They're one of my favourite snacks. Also, if you're going to be in Quebec, look for spruce beer (épinette) and do a trip report for us.
Hawkins Cheezies it is. I think I've seen them at convenience stores and the like, but never put two and two together. Thanks! And I loved the nondescript-brand spruce beer I picked up at an IGA last fall; I'll definitely be getting more of that, and hopefully getting to Paul Patates to taste-test both their Bertrand (original) and Émile (sweeter) varieties. Mmm-mmm.

Casu Marzu posted:

When you're up there, look for Doritos Cornichon Intenses if you like dill pickle chips. They're fantastic and I wish they were available in the US.
YES, these are also amazing! I have to limit myself to the small bags, though, because no one else in my family likes dill/pickles and won't help me finish a bigger bag. :/

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

quote:

My brother‘s homemade Dorito-Scrambled-Eggs

quote:

The first and last time I ate at the cafeteria, ft whole egg in chocolate cake

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

OK so it's a hand with a wristwatch. I guess the band of yolk and the leaf are rings. What's the sausage?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!

Tiggum posted:

OK so it's a hand with a wristwatch. I guess the band of yolk and the leaf are rings. What's the sausage?

Sometimes a sausage is just a sausage.