Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AFancyQuestionMark
Feb 19, 2017

Long time no see.

tatankatonk posted:

To: Director of the Division of Citizen Records, Ministry of the Interior
From: Office of the Minister of Finance & Foreign Affairs

Congratulations on a successful census. Could you forward the detailed data on Opal to my office at your earliest convenience? Thank you.

First Census Report (February 3063) - Opal:

Population Data:

Total Population – 7,576,445

By Gender:

* Female – 55% - 4,167,044

* Male – 44.4% - 3,363,941

* Other – 0.6% - 45,458

By AMR Status:

* Human – 99.8% - 7,561,292

* AMR – 0.2% - 15,153

By Age:

* [0 – 11] – 12% - 909,173

* [12 – 17] – 5% - 378,819

* [18 – 21] – 3.5% - 265,175

* [22 – 29] – 5% - 378,825

* [30 – 49] – 23.5% - 1,780,464

* [50 – 74] – 35% - 2,651,755

* [75 – 89] – 14.7% - 1,113,737

* [90 +] – 1.3% - 98,493

By Education Level:

* University – 8% - 606,116

* Trade School/Professional Training – 8% - 606,114

* Mandatory Curriculum – 36% - 2,727,525

* Basic – 36% - 2,727,515

* None – 12% - 909,173

By Occupation Sector:

The following figures refer to adult citizens only – data on underage employment is considered unreliable. As such, all percentages refer to the adult population (6,275,872 – 83% of the overall population).

Registered self-employed citizens and business owners are included in the data for their respective sectors (e.g. a convenience store owner is considered to be employed in Retail and a self-published author is under Entertainment and Media).

* Manufacturing – 15% - 941,381

** Manufacturing (Electrical Appliances & Specialized Electronics) – 3% - 188,272

** Manufacturing (Biotechnology Products) – 4% - 251,037

** Manufacturing (Furniture) – 3% - 188,280

** Manufacturing (Complex Systems) – 2% - 125,517

** Manufacturing (Other) – 3% - 188,279

* Research – 4.3% - 269,862

** Research (Biotechnology) – 3% - 188,273

** Research (Other) – 1.3% - 81,586

* Engineering, Design and Development – 6.7% - 420,483

** EDD (Biotechnology) – 3.5% - 219,655

** EDD (Complex Systems) – 0.5% - 31,376

** EDD (Software) – 2.2% - 138,072

** EDD (Other) – 0.5% - 31,382

* Maintenance – 5.6% - 351,449

* Construction – 2.2% - 138,066

* Resource Extraction – 0.8% - 50,207

* Agriculture – 0% - 43

* Private Service and Retail – 4% - 251,036

* Education – 4% - 251,032

* Healthcare – 3.8% - 238,483

* Transportation – 0.5% - 31,379

* Finance – 0.2% - 12,552

* Entertainment and Media – 4% - 251,035

* Civil Service – 0.8% - 50,207

* Law Enforcement – 1.2% - 75,310

* Military – 0.7% - 43,931

* Unemployed – 47% - 2,949,660

Building Data:

Total Buildings: 161,988

By Ownership:

* Private Organizations – 48% - 77,754

* Private Citizens – 25.5% - 41,307

* Government – 21% - 34,017

* Foreign Entities – 1.5% - 2,430

* Other – 4% - 6,479

By Type:

* Residential – 42% - 68,035

* Manufacturing – 15% - 24,298

* Office – 22% - 35,637

* Research – 5% - 8,097

* Commercial – 7% - 11,339

* Storage – 5% - 8,101

* Other – 4% - 6,475

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

Pitching is the art of instilling fear.

Denver Axo
Minister of Finance and Foreign Affairs

For Parliament's consideration:

quote:

The February 3063 Budget Amendment will correct a small accounting error and stabilize our ministry budgets without drawing down from government reserves.

quote:

*Ministry of Justice – 6.5% of income

* Ministry of Defence – 7.5% of income

* Ministry of Internal Security – 14.5% of income

* Ministry of Foreign Affairs – 3% of income

* Ministry of Interior – 6.25% of income

* Ministry of Finance – 10% of income

* Ministry of Education – 12% of income

* Ministry of Infrastructure – 13% of income

* Ministry of Health – 11.5% of income

* Ministry of Agriculture – 4.5% of income

* Sirtan Survey Administration – .5% of income

* Sirtan Culture Administration - .5% of income

Currently, citizens are forced to carry the burden of one of the dictatorship's most appalling financial policies - the onerous and regressive sales tax. As our government revenues grow and as the economy recovers, we can relieve the burden of ordinary Sirtans by reducing the sales tax from its frankly ridiculous current rate, as well as introducing a number of exemptions for certain staples. The SDU is proud to lead the effort in cutting unnecessary taxes on every Sirtan.

quote:

Bill T-1, or 'February 3063 Tax Rate Adjustment Act'

The sales tax rate on Sirta shall be reduced from 15% to 11%. No sales tax will be charged on childcare products like diapers, formula, toys, or lotions. All previous exemptions will remain.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
Comrade Radek
Minister of Defense and Security

I applaud Comrade Axo's thinking on the matter, with one point I believe needs clarification - if food is not already exempted, it should be. I look forward to his active engagement with a Ministry long left adrift.

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

sniper4625 posted:

Comrade Radek

I applaud Comrade Axo's thinking on the matter, with one point I believe needs clarification - if food is not already exempted, it should be. I look forward to his active engagement with a Ministry long left adrift.

Denver Axo

Food, medicine, and some other essentials are already exempted, and will remain so.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

tatankatonk posted:

Denver Axo

Food, medicine, and some other essentials are already exempted, and will remain so.

Comrade Radek

Excellent. I am sure that the Sirtan People will take full advantage of this latest initiative of our combined front, the first of many with more to come.

Edit:

And to reiterate, I give full approval for the new prison proposed by my staff, and will be requesting the appropriate disbursement from our quite sizeable nest egg. Let us extirpate these breeding grounds of crime once and for all.

sniper4625 fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Aug 4, 2018

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

Denver Axo

In my capacity as Minister of Foreign Affairs, I appoint the following individuals to the board of the Joint Industrial Corporation.

- Vυ Văn Khiκm, 51, Labor Organizer for the Amalgated Industrial Workers, a leading trade union
- Clara Solσrzano, 48, Deputy Head of the Analysis and Recommendations division of the Ministry of Finance, known as a leading voice of policy dissent during the Vallstein & Green administrations
- Zuzana Majerovα, 66, Professor of Biological Engineering at Sirta Biotechnology Institute and leading member of the Restoration party in Sapphire

And I appoint the following to the Hesperides-Sirta Trade Arbitration Commission.

- Vyacheslav Mitrishev, 46, Former Deputy Head of the Trade Standards division in the Ministry of Finance
- Ana Higuera, 39, Professor of Economic History at Sard University and recognized expert on international trade law

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
Comrade Radek

Comrades, it has recently come to my attention that there is no governmental ministry that is tasked with protecting the rights and lives of the workers, and serving as a liasion between the people's unions and the people's government.

I thus hereby propose we form the Bureau of Labor, granting it the necessary and proper powers to accomplish the above mission.

Bureau of Labor Creation Act

The Government of Sirta will create a Bureau of Labor, an independent organization operating at the Sub-Cabinet rank.

The BoL will have the power to design, implement, and modify regulations pertaining to the safety and security of the Sirtan Worker.

The BoL will have the power to regulate and oversee the labor unions of Sirta, doing its utmost to encourage grassroots democracy in the workplace wherever practicable.

The BoL will be headed by a Commissioner nominated by the PM and confirmed by Parliament.

The BoL will have the power to levy civil fines and penalties, any criminal violations are to be referred to the relevant law enforcement body.

The BoL will be funded as a separate line-item with levels to be soldified after debate in conjunction with the SBO.

I welcome further suggestions from my Comrades.

sniper4625 fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Aug 4, 2018

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Minister of Interior

The powers that the BoL might have to enforce regulation should be explicitly laid out. I assume it will have the power to fine those found to be in violation. Should it be empowered to seize property as a penalty? Will it have its own officers empowered to make arrests a refer cases to the Justice Ministry?

Hattie Masters
Aug 29, 2012

COMICS CRIMINAL
Grimey Drawer
To: All Ministry of Justice Employees

Dear all,

First off, thanks for bearing with us all during this volatile time. It's taken quite a while to get a handle on this whole Minister business, and my predecessor did not seem to believe in transparency.

Which brings me to my next point: All documents, records and receipts related to the Community Justice Program are to be gathered and sent directly to my office. Any attempt to remove or destroy these documents is grounds for immediate termination, and possibly charges of obstruction of justice.

The fact that nobody can adequately explain what the hell this thing is, as well as what little we do know (such as the massively inflated budget) screams that it is something either of tremendous importance, or complete pork-barrel.

Furthermore, as of right now, all funding to aforementioned Program is frozen. If you get your funding from the Program, come and plead your case.

This is only the first of the changes I am going to be handing down, but I promise that every decision will be made with the best interests of the people in mind.

Yours faithfully,
Frederick Hope

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

paragon1 posted:

Minister of Interior

The powers that the BoL might have to enforce regulation should be explicitly laid out. I assume it will have the power to fine those found to be in violation. Should it be empowered to seize property as a penalty? Will it have its own officers empowered to make arrests a refer cases to the Justice Ministry?

I believe we do not to grant it powers of law enforcement per se - any criminal violations found can be forwarded to the relevant IS department. Happy to hear from others on that. Certainly it would be empowered to levy civil fines.

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

Denver Axo

As trade has diminished, our fleet of merchant vessels has fallen into disrepair and depression. In an effort to revitalize Sirtan shipping, which has suffered under the economic crisis of the last several years, the SDU is introducing legislation to establish a new public shipping company. As we anticipate an increase in shipping as our economy recovers, we believe that investment and action now will secure prosperity for Sirtan shipping in the future.

quote:

Transport Cooperative Act

The State of Sirta shall purchase the following eight distressed shipping firms:

JanusFreight, 3 ships, assets worth 22,000,000 NSC
Quikline Shipping , 2 ships, assets worth 12,000,000 NSC
Northwest Line, 3 ships, assets worth 9,000,000 NSC
Crane & Cromwell Courier Service, 1 ship, assets worth 19,000,000 NSC
Mercury Chartered, 2 ships, assets worth 20,000,000 NSC
Royal Regional Transport, 1 ship, assets worth 8,000,000 NSC
Express Sirta, 3 ships, assets worth 14,000,000 NSC
Cargo One, 3 ships, assets worth 16,000,000 NSC

Costs for the eight firms total 120,000,000 NSC. All employees, ships, and assets formerly belonging to the firms will be amalgated into a state-owned cooperative firm named VAST HEAVEN TRANSPORT COOPERATIVE. All executive and management positions will be determined by employee vote following the purchase. All contracts and charters associated with the former lines will be assumed by Vast Heaven. In order to oversee cooperative functions, a State Transport Board consisting of 3 members will be appointed by the Prime Minister, to serve 5-year terms or until dismissed by the Prime Minister. The Board will have the power to dismiss elected executives or managers following a majority vote. The Board will be responsible for producing a summary report of the cooperative's operations and costs for Parliament and the Ministry of Finance every month. Funding for this purchase is to be drawn from the Reserve Fund. All assumed corporate debts are to be reviewed by the Property Appropriation Committee, which shall issue a ruling determining the extent to which it must be honored.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Brian Praxis
Minister of Agriculture

In accordance with the Ministry of Agriculture Act, I submit the following as Directors-Nominate for the Office of Agriculture Research (OSAR), Office of Rural Development (ORD), Office of Agriculture Statistics & Planning Services (OASPS) and Office of Food Safety & Inspection (OFSI).

Isobel Richards, 52, Researcher with a long career in various biotech firms, focused on genetically engineering crops, is nominated for the OAR Directorate.

Akachi Okafor, 66, Panorama Regional Government Advisory Committee Member and recognized expert in rural development, is nominated for the ORD Directorate.

Tao Chu, 29, SRLF MP and former agricultural statistician, is nominated for the OASPS Directorate.

Grigory Waldemar Pech, 49, Scientist with a background in microbial studies, tireless campaigner for improvements in food safety, is nominated for the OFSI Directorate.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Comrade Saint-Just
Minister of the Interior

At their request, I hereby recall Denver Axo and Diya Choi from the Property Appropriation Committee. They go with my thanks for their excellent work on a difficult task.

As their replacements I appoint:

Emma Steinsburg (age 42) , a former Opal professor on public policy that specialized in land use and SRLF member in good standing. Emma was a rare vocal critic of Vallstein's autocratic methods as well as his failure to leverage government power to aid the public welfare. She went underground with urban resistance groups after the arrest of one of her colleagues, where she continued to publish criticism of the regime as well as put forth alternative policy proposals.In the time since Greene's overthrow, she has been acting in an advisory role for Opal's city council. She has coauthored many of the papers that provided the theoretical underpinnings of much of SRLF public policy, and now hopes to help implement that policy.

Itztlacoliuhqui (Age at scan time 29, active for six years) - AMR of Mariano Bocanegro, a former SDF logistics officer famous for posting the highest scores in the SDF Officer Academy in a generation. Bocanegro was abducted by elements of what would become the CLF six years ago. Using (stolen) biotechnology, the CLF made an AMR from his mind. Bocanegra disappeared in the chaos of the civil war, but his AMR proved just as talented at organization, as well as devoutly loyal to the cause of revolution. Through the civil war, the AMR ran the extremely complex and subterranean logistics of the CLF until the overthrow of the government.

I hope the Guardian Council is swift to confirm these appointments.

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

Denver Axo

February 3063 Ministerial Memo

Hello all,

The long period of transition for this Ministry under my predecessor is nearing its completion. The six-month long personnel review has concluded, as you have probably noticed from the slow decline in hirings, firings, and arrests of Ministry personnel, or from the significant increase in this Ministry's professionalism, competence, and quality of work. There will be a last round of brief reorganization to bring the structure of the Ministry into line with acknowledged best practices and to clarify our priorities. This restructuring is mostly for the sake of streamlining administration, so I imagine most of you will not notice except for the name on the letterhead.

Effective immediately, I am appointing the directors of all existing divisions within the Ministry to a temporary transition team that will oversee the restructuring of the Ministry into the following Offices (budget allocations attached):

Office of Taxation and Revenues

The OTR shall carry on the work of the Taxation and Revenues division - collecting taxes, conducting audits, and enforcing the tax laws.

Budget Allocation: 25%

Office of Customs Enforcement

The OCE is responsible for collecting tariffs on imported goods, carrying out customs inspections on international trade and travel at major spaceports, and carrying out investigations on suspected international smuggling operations.

Budget Allocation: 22%

Office of Trade Standards

The OTS is responsible for enforcing all of Sirta's trade regulation in all sectors of the economy, and is empowered to conduct investigations, levy fines, and refer cases to the Ministry of Justice for further enforcement.

Budget Allocation: 25%

Office of Secondary Market Studies

The OSMS is responsible for conducting studies on the nature, breadth, and habits of Sirta's massive secondary economy, commonly referred to as "black market" or "gray market" transactions. The OSMS is not a law enforcement organization, and its purpose is not to produce actionable intelligence for law enforcement but to better understand what incentivizes or de-incentivizes the growth of illicit markets and trade, as well as recommend policy to better utilize the unregulated portion of the economy.

Budget Allocation: 3%

Office of Economic Research & Analysis

The OERA is tasked with studying the entire legal economy of Sirta, and recommending long-term plans and policies to the Minister.

Budget Allocation: 5%

Office of Currency Control

Like its predecessor, the OCC will monitor changes in the NSC and inform the Sirta State Bank of the optimal times to release currency into the wider economy.

As well as the standing offices, the Ministry will have three long-term Task Forces, each of which is to focus its work on a specific important subject.

Organized Crime Task Force

This Task Force is to work closely with the NFP and NSP in investigating the organized crime syndicates, conducting forensic accounting and identifying firms doing business with these groups, and eventually producing prosecutable evidence for the Ministry of Justice to use against both.

Persistent Evasion Task Force

This Task Force is to focus solely on identifying persistent large-scale private individual or corporate tax evaders, and recommend best methods to bring these offenders into compliance with the spirit of the tax codes.

Corporate Regulation Task Force

This Task Force is to investigate accusations of major fraud or predatory behavior made against major corporations, focusing on white-collar crime.

Taxation & Revenues, Customs, Trade Standards, and Currency Control will retain their current Heads. All other Heads will be appointed by my office shortly.

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

Denver Axo
Panorama Regional Government

Panorama February 3063 Budget Proposal

Income

Income Breakdown:

* Profits from Appropriated Business – 6.2 (+0) – 0.17 (+0)

* [Remaining from last month – 0.135 - 0]

Overall Income: 6.335

Expenses:

* Advisory Committee - 0.5 (+0)

* Residential Power – 0.065 (+0)

Overall Expenses: 0.565 (+0)

Remaining: 5.77

Expenditures

Miscellaneous

PARI funding - 475,000 NSC

Food Distribution Network - 600,000 NSC

Housing for 500 additional families: 4,500,000 (against a remaining 4.5 million cost)

Remainder:
195,000 NSC

AFancyQuestionMark
Feb 19, 2017

Long time no see.

paragon1 posted:

Comrade Saint-Just
Minister of the Interior

At their request, I hereby recall Denver Axo and Diya Choi from the Property Appropriation Committee. They go with my thanks for their excellent work on a difficult task.

I hope the Guardian Council is swift to confirm these appointments.

The PASS act doesn't apply here, as there are specific recall terms in the act itself. According to them, Parliament needs to confirm the recall, and Parliament - not the Guardian Council - needs to confirm your replacements.

AFancyQuestionMark
Feb 19, 2017

Long time no see.

tatankatonk posted:

To: Director of the Division of Citizen Records, Ministry of the Interior
From: xXx~*~iCeCOLDgAm3R~*~xXx@panoramail.net, citizen of Panorama

Congratulations on a successful census. Could you forward the detailed data on Panorama to me at your earliest convenience? Thank you.

First Census Report (February 3063) - Panorama:

Population Data:

Total Population – 18,678

By Gender:

* Female – 58% - 10,833

* Male – 41.8% - 7,807

* Other – 0.2% - 37

By AMR Status:

* Human – 99.9% - 18,659

* AMR – 0.1% - 19

By Age:

* [0 – 11] – 14% - 2,614

* [12 – 17] – 6% - 1,120

* [18 – 21] – 2% - 373

* [22 – 29] – 3.5% - 654

* [30 – 49] – 21% - 3,922

* [50 – 74] – 38% - 7,098

* [75 – 89] – 15.1% - 2,820

* [90 +] – 0.4% - 75

By Education Level:

* University – 1.5% - 280

* Trade School/Professional Training – 6.5% - 1,214

* Mandatory Curriculum – 38% - 7,098

* Basic – 39% - 7,284

* None – 15% - 2,802

By Occupation Sector:

The following figures refer to adult citizens only – data on underage employment is considered unreliable. As such, all percentages refer to the adult population (14,942 – 80% of the overall population).

Registered self-employed citizens and business owners are included in the data for their respective sectors (e.g. a convenience store owner is considered to be employed in Retail and a self-published author is under Entertainment and Media).

* Manufacturing – 25% - 3,735

** Manufacturing (Electrical Appliances & Specialized Electronics) – 2% - 297

** Manufacturing (Biotechnology Products) – 4% - 598

** Manufacturing (Furniture) – 15% - 2,241

** Manufacturing (Complex Systems) – 0% - 0

** Manufacturing (Other) – 4% - 596

* Research – 2.1% - 314

** Research (Biotechnology) – 1.9% - 285

** Research (Other) – 0.2% - 29

* Engineering, Design and Development – 2% - 298

** EDD (Biotechnology) – 0.5% - 75

** EDD (Complex Systems) – 0% - 0

** EDD (Software) – 0% - 0

** EDD (Other) – 1.5% - 224

* Maintenance – 3.2% - 478

* Construction – 3.4% - 508

* Resource Extraction – 4.5% - 672

* Agriculture – 18% - 2,689

* Private Service and Retail – 2% - 301

* Education – 3.7% - 553

* Healthcare – 2.8% - 418

* Transportation – 0.1% - 14

* Finance – 0% - 0

* Entertainment and Media – 0.1% - 16

* Civil Service – 0.3% - 45

* Law Enforcement – 1.8% - 270

* Military – 0% - 0

* Unemployed – 31% - 4,632

Building Data:

Total Buildings: 6,508

By Ownership:

* Private Organizations – 1.2% - 82

* Private Citizens – 59.3% - 3,864

* Government – 37.7% - 2,454

* Foreign Entities – 0% - 0

* Other – 1.8% - 117

By Type:

* Residential – 67.6% - 4,401

* Manufacturing – 15% - 980

* Office – 1.6% - 105

* Research – 0.3% - 24

* Commercial – 8.4% - 552

* Storage – 7.7% - 502

* Other – 1.1% - 73

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

Denver Axo

quote:

Declaration Act

Any citizen or permanent resident of Sirta passing through Customs during travel must declare the entry or exit of funds or assets exceeding 500 NSC in value. Failure to declare shall result in immediate confiscation of the funds or assets by Customs officials. Appeals to return confiscated goods for humanitarian reasons may be submitted to the Office of the Minister of Finance, which is authorized to release confiscated goods, though an accompanying affidavit explaining the decision must be posted publicly by the Office within 30 days of such an authorization. All funds or assets confiscated and not released back to violators shall be deposited into the Reserve Fund or auctioned off by the State publicly within one year of seizure.

quote:

International Money Transfer Act

Any chartered banking institution transferring funds or assets exceeding 5000 NSC in value into or out of Sirta must report the transfer to the Ministry of Finance, and keep records of all such transactions. The Ministry of Finance is granted the authorization to conduct audits of these records at any time. Failure to properly report transferred funds or maintain these records shall result in a fine, the total amount not exceeding either the amount of funds not reported or 1,000,000,000 NSC - whichever is higher.

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

Denver Axo

As Minister of Finance, I appoint the following to Head of the Office of Economic Research & Analysis:

Sjef Peeters, 57, Ross Ashby Professor of Complex Systems at Sard University, influential advocate of central planning, advisory role during Lotus Accord negotiations

And I appoint the following to Head of the Office of Secondary Market Studies:

Zoya Dyachenko, 35, Community Organizer in Opal, PhD in Economic History from State University of Sirta, author of Notes on the Underground: The Growth of Sirta's Grey Markets 3030-3060, recognized as a groundbreaking historical work.

----

The loan packages of the Lotus Accord offer the Sirtan people a unique opportunity to establish a public banking institution aimed directly at assisting the economic recovery of Sirta through grants, loans, and reliable commercial banking. The establishment of a dedicated development bank will provide much needed credit to the most important sectors of our economy, including our biotechnology sector. I submit a bill establishing such a development bank to Parliament for consideration:

quote:

Public Financial Cooperative Act

The Parliament of Sirta shall direct the Ministry of Finance to issue a Schedule 1 Charter (see Bill F-2) to the FIRST HEAVEN BANKING COOPERATIVE, which shall assume control of and responsibility for all funds currently held in the Reserve Fund administered by the Ministry of Finance. All past and future bills in which funding is secured from Reserve Fund accounts are to be amended to be drawn from First Heaven instead. First Heaven shall be issued 100,000,000 NSC from its own accounts to maintain a capital reserve sufficient to establish itself and operate as a commercial bank for the people of Sirta. The remainder of its funds are to be employed productively through investment or grants released to vital sectors of the economy. The operation of First Heaven shall be overseen by a Director, who shall be the sitting Minister of Finance or a designated Deputy Minister of Finance. All grants or investments authorized directly by the Director and not by an Act of Parliament totaling 5,000,000 NSC or more shall require the authorization of the Prime Minister, and all funds released by an Act of Parliament shall be released as directed within 30 days of an Act's ratification. First Heaven shall observe all regulations and practices established by Bill F-2 and the International Money Transfer Act and submit its accounts to an annual joint audit carried out by the Offices of Taxes and Revenues and Trade Standards.

tatankatonk fucked around with this message at 07:52 on Aug 7, 2018

AFancyQuestionMark
Feb 19, 2017

Long time no see.
Guardian Council Appointee Paul Thiede, who previously spent 17 years in an unofficial prison, goes up to speak in front of Parliament.

"I would like to take this time to properly celebrate the passage of the Restoration of Peace and Justice Act, which, unlike both of the preceding Truth and Justice Acts, is a proper guide to obtaining justice over the crimes of the past regime without resorting to the same secretive, arbitrary and authoritarian mechanisms that made many of those crimes possible. I have enough personal "experience" with this matter to know where other types of "justice" lead. These are roads we don't want to revisit. So, I am incredibly thankful to Minister Axo and the other members of this Parliament that advanced this act for having the courage and the discernment to go down the right path.

Back when the act was first introduced last month, Minister Axo said the following:

tatankatonk posted:

We believe in justice, and we believe just as strongly in the rights of defendants. We will not repeat Vallstein's errors in constructing an unaccountable machine that turns on its creators.

I couldn't agree more with this sentiment. I would like to specially highlight it, to enshrine it in our constitution so that mistakes like the Truth and Justice Act will not repeat themselves again. This is why I bring forward a constitutional amendment that should enjoy near unanimous support in Parliament, as it seeks to permanently etch one of the core principles of the revolution into the underpinnings of our judicial system and prevent that system from being used to abuse the citizens, as it was during the previous regime."

Right to Due Process Constitutional Amendment posted:

No major punishment shall be imposed on a citizen by the Government of Sirta or any other organization acting under its auspices without first obtaining a proper criminal conviction.

Major punishments are punishments such as the death penalty, imprisonment for longer than a month, fines or asset seizures in excess of 25% of the citizen’s total assets, and other measures that may have the effect of preventing the citizen from living an ordinary life in Sirta with dignity.

In order to be valid, the criminal conviction must be obtained through a regular judicial process clearly outlined in the laws of Sirta, the accused citizen must be charged with a crime under the laws of Sirta and be made aware of the charges before the start of the process, the accused citizen must be offered counsel and representation proficient in the laws of Sirta and the workings of the relevant judicial process and be granted the option to choose their own representation, and the proceedings of the judicial process must be public and clearly communicated to the accused citizen and any other relevant party.

A criminal conviction may be considered valid without fulfilling one or more of the above criteria, only in the case where fulfillment of those criteria poses a clear and present risk to either Public Safety, as determined by the Sensitive Information and Special Security Committee, or to the well-being of another citizen or group of citizens. In any such case, the Citizen’s Rights Commissioner must be consulted before obtaining the conviction.

Measures required for the future application of major punishments on a citizen may be carried out at any time, so long as the citizen has been formally charged with a crime and a regular judicial process fulfilling the criteria described above has been initiated to examine that charge, the application of that punishment is a reasonably probable outcome of that process, and the implementation of such measures at that time is a necessary precondition to the application of that punishment when a conviction is eventually obtained.

AFancyQuestionMark fucked around with this message at 12:18 on Aug 8, 2018

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
Comrade Radek
Minister of Security and Defense

I hear the concerns of the good appointee, and believe they are largely agreeable. My one sticking point - the constitutional prohibitions on asset seizure would seem to conflict with the OSCAR Act that is part of our increasingly succesful war on crime. As the OSCAR Act includes numerous safeguards of due process, I believe this provision can be safely stripped.

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

Denver Axo

The SDU supports this amendment, with one qualification. The inclusion of ", fines or asset seizures in excess of 25% of the citizen’s total assets, " as raised by Minister Radek, would interfere with section III of the Opposing Syndicated Crime And Racketeering Act, which authorizes courts to issue indictments and injunctions preceding a formal conviction, if the court determines that asset forfeiture would be made impossible by further delay. The SDU will vote for this amendment if this portion of the amendment is removed.

AFancyQuestionMark
Feb 19, 2017

Long time no see.

sniper4625 posted:

Comrade Radek
Minister of Security and Defense

I hear the concerns of the good appointee, and believe they are largely agreeable. My one sticking point - the constitutional prohibitions on asset seizure would seem to conflict with the OSCAR Act that is part of our increasingly succesful war on crime. As the OSCAR Act includes numerous safeguards of due process, I believe this provision can be safely stripped.

"That seems a reasonable objection, but I am concerned that unilateral seizure of assets may be used to pressure, exploit and abuse citizens, as was often the case under the past regime. The following alteration should allow for OSCAR and similar laws without compromising the livelihoods of our citizens."

Addition to Right to Due Process Constitutional Amendment posted:

Measures required for the future application of major punishments on a citizen may be carried out at any time, so long as the citizen has been formally charged with a crime and a regular judicial process fulfilling the criteria described above has been initiated to examine that charge, the application of that punishment is a reasonably probable outcome of that process, and the implementation of such measures at that time is a necessary precondition to the application of that punishment when a conviction is eventually obtained.

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Comrade Bookchin
Attorney General and Minister of Education

With the expanded budget in education, I am proud to say that at long last we are able to fully fund basic education around Sirta and expand funding across higher education. It's a feat not seen since before the old regime. The ministry of Education will not rest with this achievement. We are going to do even more in the coming year!

I am pleased to announce we are now beginning the conversion of the neglected university building in Opal to be Sirta's first Medical University of Opal. A total of 12 million dollars will be earmarked for the construction of this top of the line hospital and education center, and should hopefully complete in the course of 4 months. It is my hope that with this new center of learning and healthcare, not to mentioned increased funding for biotech, we are able to turn Sirta into a rising power in the fields of Science and Medicine.

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

Bing Ngai, Minister of Health

As Minister of Health, I authorize the release of 10,000,000 NSC from the Ministry's emergency fund to be used in repairing, replacing, and upgrading the industrial machinery used by the Sirtan Drug Administration, and an additional 1,000,000 NSC to be used in three rounds of hiring of qualified researchers, to be spent on hiring bonuses and salaries.

Second, I authorize the release of 4,660,000 NSC from the emergency fund to pay off the remainder of the debts owed to the former shareholders of Sirtan Pharmaceuticals.

Third, I authorize the release of 3,400,000 NSC to be used in the construction of two mental health facitilies in Opal and Sapphire based on the model and layout of the Mental Recuperation and Wellness Center in Peridot.

These expenditures total 19.04 million NSC, leaving 5.94 million NSC in the emergency fund.

Our health system will require much more investment, particularly in the field of medical training and education, but I hope that these immediate steps will begin to reverse some of the worst problems.

---

As Minister, I am adjusting the budget for the Ministry's divisions accordingly:

The Immediate Response Service is to be fully funded at a cost of 2.5 million NSC, which is to be paid for before the rest of the Ministry's budget is assigned. The percentages reflect each division's share of the remainder.

* Public Hospitals (Municipal) – 40%

* Public Hospitals (Rural) – 25%

* External Contracts – 10%

* Sirtan Drug Administration - 10%

* Specialized Clinics – 5%

* Mental Health Facilities – 5%

* Rehabilitation Act Facilities – 5%

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

Denver Axo

In view of our current shortage of doctors, I think there are some simple steps we can take to attract qualified immigrants.

quote:

Foreign Caregivers Tax Exemption Act

Any noncitizen arriving on Sirta following the passage of this Act that meets the following conditions :

i) is a licensed physician or nurse,
ii) is in good standing with the health regulatory body or physician's association of their nation of origin,
iii) seeks permanent residence on Sirta,
iv) seeks employment as a physician or nurse at a healthcare facility registered with the Ministry of Health

shall have their duty to pay an income tax waived for the first twelve calendar years following the date of their arrival.

AFancyQuestionMark
Feb 19, 2017

Long time no see.
The drafting phase is now over. The voting phase starts now and lasts until Thursday - the 9th of August - at 15:30 UTC.

The proposals under Parliament's consideration are:

1. Amendment to the Rationalization Act, submitted by Minister of Defence and Internal Security Radek.

2. February 3063 Budget Amendment, submitted by Minister of Finance and Foreign Affairs Denver Axo.

3. Bill T-1, submitted by Minister of Finance and Foreign Affairs Denver Axo.

4. Bureau of Labor Creation Act, submitted by Minister of Defence and Internal Security Radek.

5. Transport Cooperative Act, submitted by Minister of Finance and Foreign Affairs Denver Axo.

6. Declaration Act, submitted by Minister of Finance and Foreign Affairs Denver Axo.

7. International Money Transfer Act, submitted by Minister of Finance and Foreign Affairs Denver Axo.

8. Public Financial Cooperative Act, submitted by Minister of Finance and Foreign Affairs Denver Axo.

9. Right to Due Process Constitutional Amendment, submitted by MP Paul Thiede.

10. Foreign Caregivers Tax Exemption Act, submitted by Minister of Finance and Foreign Affairs Denver Axo.

11. Nominations for Directors in the Ministry of Agriculture.

12. Recall of Denver Axo and Diya Choyi from the Property Appropriation Committee and nominations to fill their places.

Note that you can vote on each nominee separately, if you so desire.

Proposals under consideration in local governments:

Panorama:

1. Panorama February 3063 Budget Proposal, submitted by Minister of Finance and Foreign Affairs Denver Axo.

AFancyQuestionMark fucked around with this message at 12:31 on Aug 8, 2018

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Comrade Conrad

Requesting a poll be commissioned to determine what Topazers see as the most pressing issues facing their daily lives, as well as what sort of initiatives they would like to see (not necessarily related to the first question) out of city government. Also a census breakdown of Topaz.

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

Denver Axo
Minister of Finance and Foreign Affairs, Panorama Regional Government

1. Amendment to the Rationalization Act, submitted by Minister of Defence and Internal Security Radek. -Aye

2. February 3063 Budget Amendment, submitted by Minister of Finance and Foreign Affairs Denver Axo. -Aye

3. Bill T-1, submitted by Minister of Finance and Foreign Affairs Denver Axo. -Aye

4. Bureau of Labor Creation Act, submitted by Minister of Defence and Internal Security Radek. -Aye

5. Transport Cooperative Act, submitted by Minister of Finance and Foreign Affairs Denver Axo. -Aye

6. Declaration Act, submitted by Minister of Finance and Foreign Affairs Denver Axo. -Aye

7. International Money Transfer Act, submitted by Minister of Finance and Foreign Affairs Denver Axo. -Aye

8. Public Financial Cooperative Act, submitted by Minister of Finance and Foreign Affairs Denver Axo. -Aye

9. Right to Due Process Constitutional Amendment, submitted by MP Paul Thiede. -Aye

10. Foreign Caregivers Tax Exemption Act, submitted by Minister of Finance and Foreign Affairs Denver Axo. -Aye

11. Nominations for Directors in the Ministry of Agriculture. -Aye

12. Recall of Denver Axo and Diya Choyi from the Property Appropriation Committee and nominations to fill their places. -Aye

1. Panorama February 3063 Budget Proposal, submitted by Minister of Finance and Foreign Affairs Denver Axo. -Aye

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Brian Praxis
Minister of Agriculture

1. Amendment to the Rationalization Act, submitted by Minister of Defence and Internal Security Radek. -Aye

2. February 3063 Budget Amendment, submitted by Minister of Finance and Foreign Affairs Denver Axo. -Aye

3. Bill T-1, submitted by Minister of Finance and Foreign Affairs Denver Axo. -Aye

4. Bureau of Labor Creation Act, submitted by Minister of Defence and Internal Security Radek. -Aye

5. Transport Cooperative Act, submitted by Minister of Finance and Foreign Affairs Denver Axo. -Aye

6. Declaration Act, submitted by Minister of Finance and Foreign Affairs Denver Axo. -Aye

7. International Money Transfer Act, submitted by Minister of Finance and Foreign Affairs Denver Axo. -Aye

8. Public Financial Cooperative Act, submitted by Minister of Finance and Foreign Affairs Denver Axo. -Aye

9. Right to Due Process Constitutional Amendment, submitted by MP Paul Thiede. -Aye

10. Foreign Caregivers Tax Exemption Act, submitted by Minister of Finance and Foreign Affairs Denver Axo. -Aye

11. Nominations for Directors in the Ministry of Agriculture. -Aye

12. Recall of Denver Axo and Diya Choyi from the Property Appropriation Committee and nominations to fill their places. -Aye

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

AYE to all

Also, I'd like to applaud Conrad's idea to hold a survey in Topaz, and would as that a similar survey be carried out in Sard, and if possible nation-wide.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
AYE to all

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Aye to all

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
To All Ministry of the Interior Staff

I am setting new budget priorities for the ministry. We will be focusing on fully funding the food rationing program, follow by the Disability allowance. Other programs will be frozen at or slightly above their current level of funding until these programs initial funding targets are able to be met. As stretched as our resources are, I feel it is better that we work towards meeting one concrete goal at a time, rather than stretch ourselves thin and fail at all of them. Please know that I do not find this state of affairs acceptable, nor do I find our current program goals nearly adequate. I hope to, at the very least, expand the coverage offered by the disability allowance.

Expect new program specific directives to follow this budget summary:

Total Allocated Funds: 44.93 Million NSC

*Admin and Salaries: 4 Million NSC

* Citizen Records: 3.625 Million NSC

* Passes and Documents: 7.5 Million NSC

*Unemployment Allowance: 8.405 Million NSC

*Disability Allowance : 3.75 Million NSC

*Food and Essentials Rationing:12 Million NSC

* Child Care: 5 Million NSC

* Care and Shelter: 650,000 NSC

Total Program Expenses: 44.93 Million NSC

-----------------

Citizen Records
Please conduct a review of benefits recipients. Please simply ascertain are both still living and properly receiving the program benefits that are being allocated to them. If you see anything that causes you to suspect benefits are being fraudulently obtained, please forward a report to the local NSP station immediately.

Care and Shelter
Please use your expanded funding to hire whatever additional staff you deem necessary.

Child Care I am ordering an immediate freezing of all adoption proceedings for any child age 13 or older. Our role is to place children with new families, not to rent out indentured servants. The individuals heretofore responsible for drafting, overseeing, and implementing adoption policy will meet with me as soon as physically possible to discuss how best to to correct course in that area.

We will be acquiring special funds for facility expansion, staff retraining, and other programs in the near future. I want the head of each orphanage to present me with a list of buildings near their current orphanage that they believe would be suitable to house the minors in our care to a level that addresses the current overcrowding situation. As an emergency measure, orphanage staff are to enlist suitable older children in aide of taking care of their younger cohorts.

Ordinarily I would hope this goes without saying: Please note that any abuse of this policy or the sacred trust placed with all Child Care personnel will result in immediate termination likely to be followed by criminal charges.

Hattie Masters
Aug 29, 2012

COMICS CRIMINAL
Grimey Drawer
Frederick Hope
Minister of Justice

AYE to All

AFancyQuestionMark
Feb 19, 2017

Long time no see.

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

Comrade Conrad

Also a census breakdown of Topaz.

First Census Report (February 3063) - Topaz:

Population Data:

Total Population – 3,507,197

By Gender:

* Female – 51% - 1,788,670

* Male – 48.1% - 1,686,962

* Other – 0.9% - 31,565

By AMR Status:

* Human – 99.3% - 3,482,647

* AMR – 0.7% - 24,550

By Age:

* [0 – 11] – 12% - 420,866

* [12 – 17] – 5% - 175,360

* [18 – 21] – 3.5% - 122,752

* [22 – 29] – 7% - 245,504

* [30 – 49] – 28.9% - 1,013,580

* [50 – 74] – 30% - 1,052,159

* [75 – 89] – 12% - 420,862

* [90 +] – 1.6% - 56,115

By Education Level:

* University – 14% - 491,007

* Trade School/Professional Training – 17% - 596,223

* Mandatory Curriculum – 37% - 1,297,663

* Basic – 24% - 841,727

* None – 8% - 280,576

By Occupation Sector:

The following figures refer to adult citizens only – data on underage employment is considered unreliable. As such, all percentages refer to the adult population (2,910,973 – 83% of the overall population).

* Manufacturing – 32% - 931,511

** Manufacturing (Electrical Appliances & Specialized Electronics) – 13% - 378,426

** Manufacturing (Biotechnology Products) – 6% - 174,658

** Manufacturing (Furniture) – 3.5% - 101,884

** Manufacturing (Complex Systems) – 4.5% - 130,994

** Manufacturing (Other) – 5% - 145,579

* Research – 1.5% - 43,664

** Research (Biotechnology) – 1.2% - 34,932

** Research (Other) – 0.3% - 8,733

* Engineering, Design and Development – 10.6% - 308,563

** EDD (Biotechnology) – 3.5% - 101,884

** EDD (Complex Systems) – 2.5% - 72,774

** EDD (Software) – 4.2% - 122,261

** EDD (Other) – 0.4% - 11,644

* Maintenance – 5.4% - 351,449

* Construction – 3% - 87,329

* Resource Extraction – 2.4% - 69,863

* Agriculture – 0% - 13

* Private Service and Retail – 3.7% - 107,706

* Education – 4% - 116,439

* Healthcare – 4.2% - 122,260

* Transportation – 0.2% - 5,822

* Finance – 1.3% - 37,843

* Entertainment and Media – 5.5% - 160,103

* Civil Service – 1.4% - 40,754

* Law Enforcement – 0.6% - 17,466

* Military – 0.2% - 5,822

* Unemployed – 24% - 698,633

Building Data:

Total Buildings: 70,869

By Ownership:

* Private Organizations – 52% - 36,852

* Private Citizens – 18% - 12,756

* Government – 25% - 17,717

* Foreign Entities – 3.5% - 2,480

* Other – 1.5% - 1,063

By Type:

* Residential – 38% - 26,930

* Manufacturing – 27.5% - 19,489

* Office – 12% - 8,504

* Research – 3.5% - 2,480

* Commercial – 5% - 3,543

* Storage – 8% - 5,669

* Other – 6% - 4,252

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
Aye to all

AFancyQuestionMark
Feb 19, 2017

Long time no see.
The voting phase is now over. The next drafting phase will begin later today.

February 3063 Parliament Votes:

Proposals under consideration:

1. Amendment to the Rationalization Act, submitted by Minister of Defence and Internal Security Radek.

2. February 3063 Budget Amendment, submitted by Minister of Finance and Foreign Affairs Denver Axo.

3. Bill T-1, submitted by Minister of Finance and Foreign Affairs Denver Axo.

4. Bureau of Labor Creation Act, submitted by Minister of Defence and Internal Security Radek.

5. Transport Cooperative Act, submitted by Minister of Finance and Foreign Affairs Denver Axo.

6. Declaration Act, submitted by Minister of Finance and Foreign Affairs Denver Axo.

7. International Money Transfer Act, submitted by Minister of Finance and Foreign Affairs Denver Axo.

8. Public Financial Cooperative Act, submitted by Minister of Finance and Foreign Affairs Denver Axo.

9. Right to Due Process Constitutional Amendment, submitted by MP Paul Thiede.

10. Foreign Caregivers Tax Exemption Act, submitted by Minister of Finance and Foreign Affairs Denver Axo.

11. Nominations for Directors in the Ministry of Agriculture.

12. Recall of Denver Axo and Diya Choyi from the Property Appropriation Committee and nominations to fill their places.

Party Breakdown:

* SRLF:
## Amendment to the Rationalization Act – Support 25, Abstain 0, Oppose 0
## February 3063 Budget Amendment – Support 25, Abstain 0, Oppose 0
## Bill T-1– Support 25, Abstain 0, Oppose 0
## Bureau of Labor Creation Act – Support 25, Abstain 0, Oppose 0
## Transport Cooperative Act – Support 25, Abstain 0, Oppose 0
## Declaration Act – Support 25, Abstain 0, Oppose 0
## International Money Transfer Act – Support 25, Abstain 0, Oppose 0
## Public Financial Cooperative Act - Support 25, Abstain 0, Oppose 0
## Right to Due Process Constitutional Amendment - Support 25, Abstain 0, Oppose 0
## Foreign Caregivers Tax Exemption Act - Support 25, Abstain 0, Oppose 0
## Nominations for Directors in the Ministry of Agriculture - Support 25, Abstain 0, Oppose 0
## Recall of Denver Axo and Diya Choyi from the Property Appropriation Committee and replacement nominations - Support 25, Abstain 0, Oppose 0

* SDU:
## Amendment to the Rationalization Act – Support 19, Abstain 0, Oppose 0
## February 3063 Budget Amendment – Support 19, Abstain 0, Oppose 0
## Bill T-1– Support 19, Abstain 0, Oppose 0
## Bureau of Labor Creation Act – Support 19, Abstain 0, Oppose 0
## Transport Cooperative Act – Support 19, Abstain 0, Oppose 0
## Declaration Act – Support 19, Abstain 0, Oppose 0
## International Money Transfer Act – Support 19, Abstain 0, Oppose 0
## Public Financial Cooperative Act - Support 19, Abstain 0, Oppose 0
## Right to Due Process Constitutional Amendment - Support 19, Abstain 0, Oppose 0
## Foreign Caregivers Tax Exemption Act - Support 19, Abstain 0, Oppose 0
## Nominations for Directors in the Ministry of Agriculture - Support 19, Abstain 0, Oppose 0
## Recall of Denver Axo and Diya Choyi from the Property Appropriation Committee and replacement nominations - Support 19, Abstain 0, Oppose 0

*SnnSP:
## Amendment to the Rationalization Act – Support 0, Abstain 7, Oppose 0
## February 3063 Budget Amendment – Support 0, Abstain 7, Oppose 0
## Bill T-1– Support 6, Abstain 1, Oppose 0
## Bureau of Labor Creation Act – Support 6, Abstain 1, Oppose 0
## Transport Cooperative Act – Support 0, Abstain 7, Oppose 0
## Declaration Act – Support 0, Abstain 7, Oppose 0
## International Money Transfer Act – Support 0, Abstain 7, Oppose 0
## Public Financial Cooperative Act - Support 0, Abstain 7, Oppose 0
## Right to Due Process Constitutional Amendment - Support 6, Abstain 1, Oppose 0
## Foreign Caregivers Tax Exemption Act - Support 0, Abstain 7, Oppose 0
## Nominations for Directors in the Ministry of Agriculture - Support 0, Abstain 7, Oppose 0
## Recall of Denver Axo and Diya Choyi from the Property Appropriation Committee and replacement nominations - Support 0, Abstain 7, Oppose 0

* FDG:
## Amendment to the Rationalization Act – Support 5, Abstain 0, Oppose 0
## February 3063 Budget Amendment – Support 5, Abstain 0, Oppose 0
## Bill T-1– Support 5, Abstain 0, Oppose 0
## Bureau of Labor Creation Act – Support 5, Abstain 0, Oppose 0
## Transport Cooperative Act – Support 5, Abstain 0, Oppose 0
## Declaration Act – Support 5, Abstain 0, Oppose 0
## International Money Transfer Act – Support 5, Abstain 0, Oppose 0
## Public Financial Cooperative Act - Support 5, Abstain 0, Oppose 0
## Right to Due Process Constitutional Amendment - Support 5, Abstain 0, Oppose 0
## Foreign Caregivers Tax Exemption Act - Support 5, Abstain 0, Oppose 0
## Nominations for Directors in the Ministry of Agriculture - Support 5, Abstain 0, Oppose 0
## Recall of Denver Axo and Diya Choyi from the Property Appropriation Committee and replacement nominations - Support 0, Abstain 0, Oppose 5

* UCS:
## Amendment to the Rationalization Act – Support 2, Abstain 0, Oppose 0
## February 3063 Budget Amendment – Support 2, Abstain 0, Oppose 0
## Bill T-1– Support 2, Abstain 0, Oppose 0
## Bureau of Labor Creation Act – Support 2, Abstain 0, Oppose 0
## Transport Cooperative Act – Support 2, Abstain 0, Oppose 0
## Declaration Act – Support 2, Abstain 0, Oppose 0
## International Money Transfer Act – Support 2, Abstain 0, Oppose 0
## Public Financial Cooperative Act - Support 2, Abstain 0, Oppose 0
## Right to Due Process Constitutional Amendment - Support 2, Abstain 0, Oppose 0
## Foreign Caregivers Tax Exemption Act - Support 2, Abstain 0, Oppose 0
## Nominations for Directors in the Ministry of Agriculture - Support 2, Abstain 0, Oppose 0
## Recall of Denver Axo and Diya Choyi from the Property Appropriation Committee and replacement nominations - Support 0, Abstain 0, Oppose 2

* DAL:
## Amendment to the Rationalization Act – Support 0, Abstain 1, Oppose 0
## February 3063 Budget Amendment – Support 0, Abstain 1, Oppose 0
## Bill T-1– Support 0, Abstain 1, Oppose 0
## Bureau of Labor Creation Act – Support 0, Abstain 1, Oppose 0
## Transport Cooperative Act – Support 0, Abstain 1, Oppose 0
## Declaration Act – Support 0, Abstain 1, Oppose 0
## International Money Transfer Act – Support 1, Abstain 0, Oppose 0
## Public Financial Cooperative Act - Support 0, Abstain 1, Oppose 0
## Right to Due Process Constitutional Amendment - Support 0, Abstain 0, Oppose 1
## Foreign Caregivers Tax Exemption Act - Support 0, Abstain 1, Oppose 0
## Nominations for Directors in the Ministry of Agriculture - Support 0, Abstain 1, Oppose 0
## Recall of Denver Axo and Diya Choyi from the Property Appropriation Committee and replacement nominations - Support 0, Abstain 1, Oppose 0

* Dawn:
## Amendment to the Rationalization Act – Support 0, Abstain 1, Oppose 0
## February 3063 Budget Amendment – Support 1, Abstain 0, Oppose 0
## Bill T-1– Support 1, Abstain 0, Oppose 0
## Bureau of Labor Creation Act – Support 1, Abstain 0, Oppose 0
## Transport Cooperative Act – Support 1, Abstain 0, Oppose 0
## Declaration Act – Support 1, Abstain 0, Oppose 0
## International Money Transfer Act – Support 1, Abstain 0, Oppose 0
## Public Financial Cooperative Act – Support 1, Abstain 0, Oppose 0
## Right to Due Process Constitutional Amendment - Support 1, Abstain 0, Oppose 0
## Foreign Caregivers Tax Exemption Act - Support 1, Abstain 0, Oppose 0
## Nominations for Directors in the Ministry of Agriculture - Support 1, Abstain 0, Oppose 0
## Recall of Denver Axo and Diya Choyi from the Property Appropriation Committee and replacement nominations - Support 0, Abstain 1, Oppose 0

Guardian Council Appointments:

* Vera Albright:
## Amendment to the Rationalization Act – Abstain
## February 3063 Budget Amendment – Support
## Bill T-1– Support
## Bureau of Labor Creation Act – Support
## Transport Cooperative Act – Support
## Declaration Act – Support
## International Money Transfer Act – Support
## Public Financial Cooperative Act - Support
## Right to Due Process Constitutional Amendment - Support
## Foreign Caregivers Tax Exemption Act - Support
## Nominations for Directors in the Ministry of Agriculture - Support
## Recall of Denver Axo and Diya Choyi from the Property Appropriation Committee and replacement nominations - Abstain

* Thomas Gill:
## Amendment to the Rationalization Act – Support
## Bill T-1– Support
## Recall of Denver Axo and Diya Choyi from the Property Appropriation Committee and replacement nominations - Abstain

* Frank Probst:
## Bill T-1– Support
## Recall of Denver Axo and Diya Choyi from the Property Appropriation Committee and replacement nominations - Oppose

* Lucia Caldera:
## Bill T-1– Support

* Sander Hansen:
## February 3063 Budget Amendment – Abstain
## Bill T-1– Abstain
## Bureau of Labor Creation Act – Abstain
## Transport Cooperative Act – Abstain
## Declaration Act – Abstain
## Public Financial Cooperative Act - Abstain
## Right to Due Process Constitutional Amendment - Oppose
## Foreign Caregivers Tax Exemption Act - Abstain
## Nominations for Directors in the Ministry of Agriculture - Abstain

* Lisa Wyatt:
## Bill T-1– Support
## Recall of Denver Axo and Diya Choyi from the Property Appropriation Committee and replacement nominations - Oppose

* William Viner:
## Bill T-1– Abstain
## International Money Transfer Act – Abstain

* Roger Rockwell:
## Bill T-1– Support

* Janet Oliphant:
## Bill T-1– Support

* Silvia Collins:
## Bill T-1– Support

* Rachel Hoffman:
## Bill T-1– Abstain
## Right to Due Process Constitutional Amendment - Oppose

* Paul Thiede:
## Bill T-1– Abstain

* Della Jalbert:
## Bill T-1– Support

* Sofia Juhl:
## Bill T-1– Support

* Jade Ross:
## Bill T-1– Support

Citizen Seats:

* Steve Carlsburg
## Bill T-1– Abstain
## Right to Due Process Constitutional Amendment - Abstain

* Jessica Ramsey:
## Bill T-1– Support

* Susanne Brandt:
## Bill T-1– Support

* Autumn Black:
## Bill T-1– Abstain
## Right to Due Process Constitutional Amendment - Abstain

* Grace Wright:
## Bill T-1– Support

Overall:

## Amendment to the Rationalization Act – Support 60, Abstain 20, Oppose 0
## February 3063 Budget Amendment – Support 63, Abstain 17, Oppose 0
## Bill T-1– Support 72, Abstain 8, Oppose 0
## Bureau of Labor Creation Act – Support 65, Abstain 15, Oppose 0
## Transport Cooperative Act – Support 63, Abstain 17, Oppose 0
## Declaration Act – Support 64, Abstain 16, Oppose 0
## International Money Transfer Act – Support 70, Abstain 10, Oppose 0
## Public Financial Cooperative Act – Support 65, Abstain 15, Oppose 0
## Right to Due Process Constitutional Amendment - Support 75, Abstain 2, Oppose 3
## Foreign Caregivers Tax Exemption Act - Support 65, Abstain 15, Oppose 0
## Nominations for Directors in the Ministry of Agriculture - Support 66, Abstain 14, Oppose 0
## Recall of Denver Axo and Diya Choyi from the Property Appropriation Committee and replacement nominations - Support 44, Abstain 21, Oppose 15

Outcome:

Denver Axo and Diya Choyi were recalled from the Property Appropriation Committee. The nominations of their replacements - Emma Steinsburg and Itztlacoliuhqui – were confirmed.

The following nominees were approved for the respective positions in the Ministry of Agriculture:

* Isobel Richards – Office of Agriculture Research Director
* Akachi Okafor – Office of Rural DevelopmentDirector
* Tao Chu – Office of Agriculture Statistics and Planning Services Director
* Grigory Waldemar Pech – Office of Food Safety and Inspection Director

The following bills were passed into law:

* Amendment to the Arms Production Rationalization and Transparency Act
* February 3063 Budget Amendment
* Bill T-1
* Bureau of Labor Creation Act
* Transport Cooperative Act
* Declaration Act
* International Money Transfer Act
* Public Financial Cooperative Act
* Right to Due Process Constitutional Amendment
* Foreign Caregivers Tax Exemption Act

People’s Assembly Votes (February 3063):

Panorama:

Proposals under consideration:

1. Panorama February 3063 Budget Proposal, submitted by Minister of Finance and Foreign Affairs Denver Axo.

Regular Votes (60%):

* Denver Axo
## Panorama February 3063 Budget Proposal – Support

NPCPS Votes (40%):

## Panorama February 3063 Budget Proposal – Support 66%, Abstain 33%, Oppose 0%

Total:

## Panorama February 3063 Budget Proposal – Support 86.4%, Abstain 13.6%, Oppose 0%

Outcome:

The following proposals were adopted:

* Panorama February 3063 Budget Proposal

AFancyQuestionMark
Feb 19, 2017

Long time no see.
Expected Government Income and Expenses for March 3063:

All amounts listed are in millions of New Sirtan Credits.

Items that are one-time only (aren’t recurring on a monthly basis) are marked with square brackets.

Income Breakdown: Entries are listed in the “income source – income amount – algorithmically estimated loss from tax evasion and other relevant forms of crime” format.

Meaning that, in a crime free world, you would have both of them combined.

* Income tax, bottom bracket – 82 (+2) – 27 (+1)

* Income tax, lower middle bracket – 101 (+4) – 23 (+1)

* Income tax, upper middle bracket – 110 (+2) – 14 (+1)

* Income tax, top bracket – 176 (+4) – at least 136 (+2)

* Sales tax – 56 (-19) – 23 (-8)

* Personal Vehicle Tax – 13 (+0) – 12 (+0)

* Legal Addictive Substances Tax – 0.4 (+0) – 3.8 (+0)

* Corporate Tax – 129 (+9) – too many factors for remotely accurate estimation, but at least 56 (+6)

* Estate and Gift Tax – 4 (+0) – 6 (+0)

* Commercial Asset Transfer Tax – 1.5 (-0.5) – 5 (+1)

* Wealth Tax – 4 (+0) – 7 (+0)

* Foreign Aid – 20 (+0) – 1.5 (+0)

* Trade Tariffs – 23 (+1) – 10.6 (+0)

* [Government Bond Purchases – 1 – 0]

* Other Sources – 2 (+0) – 1.2 (+0)

Overall Standard Income: 722.9 (+2.5)

Reserved Income:

* [Wealth Cap Tax – 31 – more than 800]

* [Reserved Funds – 917.045 – 0]

Total Reserved Funds: 948.045

Expenses:

Extra-Budgetary:

* Emergency Youth Intervention Program Operation – 1.5

* Lotus Accord Loan Repayment – 4.375 (from Reserved Funds)

* First Heaven Banking Cooperative Establishment – 100 (from Reserved Funds)

* Vast Heaven Transport Cooperative Establishment – 120 (from Reserved Funds)

Leftover Standard Funds: 721.4

Leftover Reserved Funds: 723.67

Budgetary:

* Prime Minister’s Office – 6

* Ministry of Justice – 46.89 (6.5% of income)

* Ministry of Defence – 54.1 (7.5% of income)

* Ministry of Internal Security – 104.6 (14.5% of income)

* Ministry of Foreign Affairs – 21.64 (3% of income)

* Ministry of Interior – 45.08 (6.25% of income)

* Ministry of Finance – 72.14 (10% of income)

* Ministry of Education – 86.57 (12% of income)

* Ministry of Infrastructure – 93.78 (13% of income)

* Ministry of Health – 82.96 (11.5% of income)

* Ministry of Agriculture – 32.46 (4.5% of income)

* Sirtan Survey Administration – 3.6 (0.5% of income)

* Sirtan Culture Administration – 3.6 (0.5% of income)

* Bureau of Labor – 6.5

* Office of the Attorney General – 4

* Sirtan Budgetary Office – 1.2

* Regular Court System – 17

* Peace and Justice Commission - 4

* Parliament – 10

* Guardian Council – 8

* Government Bond Payments – 5

* Other Expenses – 2

* Emergency Fund – 10.24 (total – 44.66)

Local Government:

Sard:

Income Breakdown:

* Property Tax – 5.5 (+0) – 4 (+0)

* Business Tax – 4.5 (+0.5) – at least 5 (+0)

* Income Tax – 3 (+0.3) – at least 4.5 (+0)

* Estate Tax – 2.8 (-0.2) – at least 5 (+0)

* Asset Transfer Tax – 2 (-1) – 14 (+1)

* [Remaining from last month – 10.8 - 0]

Overall Income: 28.6 (+2.6)

Expenses:

* Advisory Committee – 3 (+0)

* Sard Executive Council – 2.5 (+0)

* Office of the Sard Attorney – 0.5 (+0)

* Professional Advisory Council – 2.7 (+0)

* Sun Rises on Sard Program – 3.5 (+0)

* Factory Operation – 3.3 (+0.3)

Overall Expenses: 15.5 (+0.3)

Remaining: 13.1 (+2.3)

Topaz:

Income Breakdown:

* Property Tax (5%) – 42 (+2) – 8 (+1)

* Business Tax (2.5%) – 67 (+2) – at least 15

* [Outstanding Tax Payments – 1 (-5) – at least 30]

* [Remaining from last month – 165.8 – 0]

Overall Income: 275.8 (+19)

Expenses:

* Mayor’s Office – 1.5 (+0)

* City Council – 3.5 (+0)

* Bedrock of Topaz Program – 2.2 (+0)

* Unemployment Allowance – 54 (+0)

* Auditing Department – 4 (+0)

* Education Stipend – 24.7 (+0.9)

* Sanitation Department – 2 (+0)

Overall Expenses: 91.9 (+0.9)

Remaining: 183.9 (+18.1)

Panorama:

Income Breakdown:

* Profits from Appropriated Business – 7.5 (+1.3) – 0.19 (+0.02)

* [Remaining from last month – 0.195 - 0]

Overall Income: 7.695

Expenses:

* Advisory Committee - 0.5 (+0)

* Residential Power – 0.08 (+0.015)

Overall Expenses: 0.58 (+0.015)

Remaining: 7.115

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AFancyQuestionMark
Feb 19, 2017

Long time no see.
The drafting phase for March 3063 begins now and will last until Thursday - the 16th of August - at 9:00 UTC.