Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

elmer chud
May 18, 2018
(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)
elon sucks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
there's a dude on youtube who pulled the seats out of his tesla and clowns on street racers in mustangs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Cp3CRmcAJU

street drag races are pretty much the epitome of "how can i design a race to favor an ev as much as possible?"

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
lmao.

for real tho street racing is bad and these people are all assholes.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

https://forums.tesla.com/forum/forums/tesla-stunting-side-show-hypothetical

I watched a video from Car&Driver of a P85 spinning donuts then witnessed a sideshow in Oakland (where people gather and spin donuts) and it occurred to me that it’s technically possible to command a P85D to spin the front wheels in one direction and the back wheels in the opposite creating a stationary burn out. It would also be possible to steer it by holding any of the breaks independently via the ABS system controlling it in a similar way to a steering break on a dune buggy.
Perhaps this mode can be programed in a future software update ;-)

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

President Beep posted:

lmao.

lol i was out driving in southern oregon a couple months ago and saw a few sets of skid marks on some straight stretches of rural highway

took me a minute to realize what had caused those

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
it’s so loving dangerous. there are absolutely videos out there of passing motorists getting loving obliterated by shitheads like that. gently caress those people.

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

canyoneer posted:

there's a dude on youtube who pulled the seats out of his tesla and clowns on street racers in mustangs.

street drag races are pretty much the epitome of "how can i design a race to favor an ev as much as possible?"

EVs are fast as hell in the pikes peak hill climb now, which is no small feat.

they are faster than the fastest dinosaur powered car by like 15 seconds (on an ~8 min hill climb)

when you can cool the b8tries they go really fast. teslas just can't cool their batteries like a real race car.

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6nYdHwgCIk

listen to that thing, it is pretty rad.

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

C.H.O.M.E. posted:

I'd drive fast as hell so nobody could see it if "DUMAS" was written on my window too

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

President Beep posted:

lmao.

it louisiana it became such a problem due to drunk hicks killing themselves/others on their dragstrips that happened to also be public roads that they passed laws to make it felonious in the same way that they confiscate drug dealer cars to be publicly auctioned

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

it louisiana it became such a problem due to drunk hicks killing themselves/others on their dragstrips that happened to also be public roads that they passed laws to make it felonious in the same way that they confiscate drug dealer cars to be publicly auctioned

I am shocked that the response of a state of late in revolt was to expropriate stuff from poors.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

I’m very much okay with this in general, it’s just a shame the revenue went to the cops and not something worthwhile.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
Asset forfeiture is a dirty practice which gives bad incentives to proven bad actors.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Schadenboner posted:

Asset forfeiture is a dirty practice which gives bad incentives to proven bad actors.

100% this

Mahatma Goonsay
Jun 6, 2007
Yum

C.H.O.M.E. posted:

that thing sounds exactly like an rc car i had as a kid

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ho-dyfI0hAM here's another amazing (sorta) electric vehicle sound.

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Jonny 290 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ho-dyfI0hAM here's another amazing (sorta) electric vehicle sound.

when the baked beans kick in

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

canyoneer posted:

all they have to say is two races back to back because the tesla won't be able to do it

*pulls the seats out of 5,000lb car* this will definitely matter

DaTroof
Nov 16, 2000

CC LIMERICK CONTEST GRAND CHAMPION
There once was a poster named Troof
Who was getting quite long in the toof

Schadenboner posted:

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

asset forfeiture in a perfect world means ross loses everything he owns when he goes to prison after being convicted of being a major drug kingpin.

in practice it means - hey i found a "pot stem" in your car so i'm confiscating all of your money and possibly your car too even without conviction. police in some places are horrible about the way they implement it and really just use it to rob poor people/minorities.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Mr. Nice! posted:

asset forfeiture in a perfect world means ross loses everything he owns when he goes to prison after being convicted of being a major drug kingpin.

in practice it means - hey i found a "pot stem" in your car so i'm confiscating all of your money and possibly your car too even without conviction. police in some places are horrible about the way they implement it and really just use it to rob poor people/minorities.

Hope you weren't planning on actually paying for a defense attorney because your bank account is mine now, bithc!

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

a college friend got a model 3 and won't stop posting about them on fb now. it's like reading every dyp post about androids but for a $50k car.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

lol I watched a few of this guys videos so youtube recommended me:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=te6VqldjTT8

in the very first shot and not even close up, the front door trim is visibly not lined up

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

NoneMoreNegative posted:

lol I watched a few of this guys videos so youtube recommended me:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=te6VqldjTT8

in the very first shot and not even close up, the front door trim is visibly not lined up

you can even see that in the youtube thumbnail on the embed

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

C.H.O.M.E. posted:

lmao that acceleration is wild

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
EV's on pikes are awesome but theyre also hella cheatyface versus basically the entire history of internal combustion races up pikes

cheating is good.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

yeah i mean it's a race where every foot closer you get to the finish line, your engine has to struggle a little harder to breathe, and at the top you're above the service ceiling of many small airplanes

and then you stick in an electric car where the only limit on performance is cooling, and drive it up a road where every foot closer you get to the finish line, the air gets colder

lol

Trashman
Sep 11, 2000

You trash eating stink bag!
Fun Shoe

Sagebrush posted:

you can even see that in the youtube thumbnail on the embed
lmao imagine thinking this is a luxury vehicle wtf

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

gotta have that authentic looking door sag.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Trashman posted:

lmao imagine thinking this is a luxury vehicle wtf

go read the AI EV thread

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

infernal machines posted:

go read the AI EV thread

no effing way. sounds like IYG-level idiocy.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

President Beep posted:

no effing way. sounds like IYG-level idiocy.

I clicked on the last page and saw a three olives post and was like noooooope

kierrie
Jun 7, 2010
wow this thread is like top gear circ 2013

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

exploded mummy posted:

I clicked on the last page and saw a three olives post and was like noooooope

lol he's still around

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

kierrie posted:

wow this thread is like top gear circ 2013

cool cool.

Mr.Radar
Nov 5, 2005

You guys aren't going to believe this, but that guy is our games teacher.

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.

akadajet posted:

lol he's still around

three "the poor are human refuse" olives?

obstipator
Nov 8, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
yall obsess about random people too much
i bet that guy doesnt recognize any of you

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

sensible chuckle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005