Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Better
This poll is closed.
John Zandig 107 75.35%
DJ Hyde 35 24.65%
Total: 142 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
The BBQ and meatballs out of a crockpot were the best part of early NOVA Pro and even though the food trucks they’ve gotten have been some of the best food I’ve had in this area I’m still mad I don’t get to eat that meatball sandwich once a month

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Was reading the update on WON today and I had no idea Virgil Flynn III passed. He was by far the best actual wrestler when someone showed some Hoodslam round these parts, and he seemed awfully young to have a stroke. Sad stuff.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Was reading the update on WON today and I had no idea Virgil Flynn III passed. He was by far the best actual wrestler when someone showed some Hoodslam round these parts, and he seemed awfully young to have a stroke. Sad stuff.

Yeah really sad, left behind a wife and kids :smith:

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Gumball Gumption posted:

my girlfriend has only gone to one indie wrestling show and she swore it off because everyone was willing to "Just eat out of some woman's crockpot".

drew and his mom are excellent caterers

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

El Gallinero Gros posted:

A lot of wrestlers far and wide left tributes on social media about him.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Boco_T posted:

The BBQ and meatballs out of a crockpot were the best part of early NOVA Pro and even though the food trucks they’ve gotten have been some of the best food I’ve had in this area I’m still mad I don’t get to eat that meatball sandwich once a month

Why would you eat at the show and not save your hunger for KBBQ afterward?

Vertigo Ambrosia
May 26, 2004
Heretic, please.

abraham linksys posted:

jesus

btw if you're wondering how hot NYC can potentially be for indie wrestling: they're selling VIP front row tickets for this show at $120 a pop, second row $70, 3rd & 4th for $60, balcony & weird ringside bleachers $55, weird ballroom-behind-glass-wall $50, and standing (in lovely places, according to folks who were at the last show) for $25

obviously this is gonna be another big PPV for MLW but dang those are the highest prices I've seen for a non-WWE-or-ROH show, especially one happening at a relatively cheap small venue in Queens instead of a relatively expensive venue like the Hammerstein

So the GA seats at Melrose are confirmed bad? I procrastinated on buying tickets to the Janela show until everything else sold out, but I don't want to pay for standing room if my short rear end can't see anything.

Roque11
Aug 7, 2016
More than a week away until Stokely Hathaway loses a career v. career match in Evolve. I look forward to his MLW return soon, where he belongs and never should've been pulled from in the first place. MLW are going to sign all the remaining top indie names that are not going to New Japan/ROH in the next few weeks. Likely guys like ACH and Janela It'll be great.

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

Roque11 posted:

More than a week away until Stokely Hathaway loses a career v. career match in Evolve. I look forward to his MLW return soon, where he belongs and never should've been pulled from in the first place. MLW are going to sign all the remaining top indie names that are not going to New Japan/ROH in the next few weeks. Likely guys like ACH and Janela It'll be great.

I only know of you from the old ROH thread title, but every time you post in this thread it is the absolute worst and dumbest crap I've ever suffered to read.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

He's just telling you the opposite of what's going to happen, which is actually valuable content

Big Bidness
Aug 2, 2004

It's kind of impressive actually.

Roque11 posted:

https://mobile.twitter.com/OfficialPWG/status/989673630995963905

Yes! It looks like we are one step closer towards seeing Keith Lee kill it in the G1 and MLW this summer and I can't wait. I bet Keith will be the mystery opponent for Barrington Hughes at the MLW TV tapings next week. The only thing that will top Keith Lee in New Japan will be WALTER showing up in All Japan. Good things coming up in the world of wrestling.

Roque11 posted:

See you in ROH/New Japan very soon Puma/Ricochet, where everybody is going. Ricochet v. Neville in New Japan USA in 2018 will be a killer match.

Roque11 posted:

It doesn't matter since War Machine turned down WWE for ROH and New Japan.

Now that Adam Co!e has been signed I think I'm going to complain about how NXT is no longer a real developmental territory.

Roque11 posted:

Yes. Notice how Meltzer and Mike Johnson have yet to actually say he's signed a contract? Looks like Fish was just in for a one and done jobber role, similar to Danny Burch.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

mike bennett voice i’m surrounded by marks

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I admire and respect Roque's anti-NXT campaign much more than i do the dorks dunking on him.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

i got worked at the beginning for sure

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

if MLW survives the year, I’ll be more impressed.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

ffs I was gonna clown on roque like usual but that big quotepost of his old stuff reminded me Neville existed and now I'm hurt :negative:

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

You think indy talent would look at Neville and think twice about signing an NXT deal when it's clear they won't be used on the main roster but so many young wrestlers are blinded by being in the WWE it's amazing

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

You don’t devote your life to wrestling because you’re smart

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

i was in the gifted class, actually

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

musicals are garbage

oatgan posted:

i was in the gifted class, actually

The gifted class of being dumb.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Ownedgan

Explosions
Apr 20, 2015

SatoshiMiwa posted:

You think indy talent would look at Neville and think twice about signing an NXT deal when it's clear they won't be used on the main roster but so many young wrestlers are blinded by being in the WWE it's amazing

aw gently caress i'm getting paid 50k to train in a fancy gym and hang out with sara del rey aw gently caress this sucks so bad, aww poo poo i wish i was letting a german man punch me for real as hard as he can for very little money. i just hang out with william regal get paid a living wage and wrestle ricochet, gently caress i hate it so much i wish quebecer pierre was punching me for real as hard as he can so bad.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Explosions posted:

aw gently caress i'm getting paid 50k to train in a fancy gym and hang out with sara del rey aw gently caress this sucks so bad, aww poo poo i wish i was letting a german man punch me for real as hard as he can for very little money. i just hang out with william regal get paid a living wage and wrestle ricochet, gently caress i hate it so much i wish quebecer pierre was punching me for real as hard as he can so bad.

The top level indy guys make way more touring than do with an NXT deal and can actually control their travel

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
The Young Bucks are millionaires and have never had to defer to Bill DeMott, appeal to Vince's awful sense of humour, dumb down their style because one of the creative team's projects can't keep up or completely water down their persona because WWE insist on employing writers who can't write and are terrified of people no longer needing the company (while at the same time, being very reliant on guys who work part-time and don't need the company, quite the paradox, that.).

I wouldn't say nobody should go to WWE if it's their dream, but if you're doing really well on the indies, there's not much reason to go there unless you feel there's nothing left to accomplish on the indies or you've just always wanted to be WWE champion.

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 06:11 on Aug 4, 2018

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

The Young Bucks worked for TNA and faced all of those issues AND could barely feed their families.

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Skunkrocker posted:

Holla at yo boy, tonight I'll be at the hotel in an Allie Kat shirt. :catdrugs:

Skunk is a great DJ!

kinetic77
Jun 23, 2010

Seeking Goon help. Please DM if you would like to make some flyers for my Indy promotion. Apparently I am too stupid to work photoshop. I need y’all help. TIA.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
The Young Bucks are also extreme outliers in Indy success.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Bigass Moth posted:

The Young Bucks are also extreme outliers in Indy success.

But the guys that are the most likely to suffer by being made to languish in pre-show and house show matches in WWE are guys like the Bucks, because WWE isn't hiring them because they want to use them. They're hiring them because they don't want there to be stars in wrestling. Like in general, because stars can leave and actually have success elsewhere, but also because they want to control an industry they already monopolise. It's kind of pathetic really. There's literally no way any other wrestling company even approaches WWE in profitability and exposure unless, say, Disney suddenly decide to buy Impact or MLW or something and actually invest in it. So it's 90% spite on their part. So they can misuse them and then :smugbert: about how "Oh, I guess they weren't that great anyway!"

I don't begrudge the Jacksons wanting to make a stable income for their families if they decide to go, mind you, but outside of a select few, if an indie darling goes to WWE, it's a retirement plan, not a platform to perform to their best.

Gaz-L fucked around with this message at 15:46 on Aug 4, 2018

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

Super late but alternate angle plus slo mo
https://twitter.com/sandopepa/status/1025788660929757189

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1025878570571161600

and this:

https://twitter.com/kenjohnson1028/status/1025872206138667008

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i thought that was an old roh ring at first

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/DragonGateEN/status/1025679175019978752

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/MLW/status/1025870793882968064

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

The Mack Ownz

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Is MLW still on Bein? I couldn't find the channel recently and wanted to keep watching the product.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

TV Zombie posted:

Is MLW still on Bein? I couldn't find the channel recently and wanted to keep watching the product.

yes, but BeIn is having big carriage disputes with some cable providers so it's off of Veriz9n and Comcast

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

exploded mummy posted:

yes, but BeIn is having big carriage disputes with some cable providers so it's off of Veriz9n and Comcast

For now..or permanently? because if it's the latter...fuuuck.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

TV Zombie posted:

For now..or permanently? because if it's the latter...fuuuck.

It's a carriage dispute (Comcast thinks BeIn is trying to charge their consumers too much for their network) and those usually get hammered out when they agree on terms.

So it's probably temporary, especially since the FCC rejected the BeIn complaint about this yesterday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

TV Zombie posted:

MLW's YouTube channel uploads the new episode after 24h or so.