Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

If the meta does not fit, you must acquit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Also the fact chaoslord hasn't shared what I whispered him is actually sorta scummy.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Beetphyxious posted:

Also the fact chaoslord hasn't shared what I whispered him is actually sorta scummy.

Tell us!

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
2 hours left for votes.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

if i'm found innocent i will

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

it's the best, it's the greatest. you're not gonna believe how good it is.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Hal Incandenza posted:

I’m still jailing clord then eh?

thumbsup, I mean you can do other stuff if you prefer cause it's almost guaranteed beet/ice are the two final scum and I'm not trying to be a slavedriver here I just think if we wanna eliminate wildcard options and we've already confirmed we might as well coordinate our night actions strategically.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

i say you throw off the shackles of your oppressive overlord arbitraryc ! a vote for innocence is a vote for freedom!

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

residents of salem, i offer you freedom unconstrained by feudalism. feudal leaders who only want you to toil in your fields for their benefit.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

i've also got a way better healthcare plan

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
VOTING RESULTS

Voted Innocent:
IcePhoenix

Voted Guilty:
Anomalous Amalgam
ArbitraryC
chaoslord
Hal Incandenza
SalTheBard

At 1 Innocent vs 5 Guilty, Beet is dubbed Guilty.

Beetphyxious, John Proctor, Mafia Janitor, has been executed.

Their last will reads:

quote:

First game of TOS thoughts:

I dunno if it was hard because scum were really unlucky night 1, but it seems a game that is more difficult for scum compared to regular mafia as a mass claim can narrow the suspect field down to less than half of the remaining players.

Anyway.

How do you keep a bunch of idiots in suspense?

Night 4 has begun.
It is a full moon tonight.

Get your actions in!

Mordiceius fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Aug 3, 2018

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

Forgot about their last will.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

ArbitraryC, Sarah Bishop, Town Doctor, was killed by the Mafia Night 4.

Their last will reads:

quote:

Character Name: Sarah Bishop - Doc

N1: b-minus1
N2: Myself
N3: Salthebard
N4: Salthebard

RT1: Me as doc (confirmed)
RT2: Pmush as Med
RT3: Probably Clord as vet

Ice is prolly gonna ice me because he’s mad. GG town.

There was a note next to their body:

quote:

Day 5 has begun.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
##vote ip

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

##vote ice phoenix

Not that there was any doubt about it being ice, but PMush seanced me anyway and told me humalong was the vig.

Hal can confirm he jailed me.

Good game everyone

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
##Vote IP

Watched AA last night and nothing happened.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

More annoyed then mad but yep. Don't want him to live to see victory.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

IcePhoenix posted:

More annoyed then mad but yep. Don't want him to live to see victory.

I am excited to see your last will after yesterday!

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
I can't wait until this game is over and I can have someone explain to me how this thing ended (if it does end?)

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

SalTheBard posted:

I can't wait until this game is over and I can have someone explain to me how this thing ended (if it does end?)

I mean we know hal is the jailer, he jailed me last night and PMush visited me, so unless PMush, a dead town player, lied to me, we know IP is the last scum so the game is over, basically. Don’t forget to turn in your vote!

I’m happy to answer any questions you have. I think I have a good handle on things.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Was my watching B- on N1 something that actually ended up being helpful? or was it just the fact that a scum was killed by original Arbc?

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

SalTheBard posted:

Was my watching B- on N1 something that actually ended up being helpful? or was it just the fact that a scum was killed by original Arbc?

Very helpful in tandem. Combined with AA’s action which said that only 1 scum visited b-, it meant we could definitively clear kash/ArbC2.

I think most of us had a town read on him anyway, but those two actions confirmed him as town.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

VOTING RESULTS

Voted Innocent:

Voted Guilty:
chaoslord
Hal Incandenza
SalTheBard

Did Not Vote:
Anomalous Amalgam

At 0 Innocent vs 3 Guilty, IcePhoenix is dubbed Guilty.

IcePhoenix, Dorothy Good, Mafia Godfather, has been executed.

Their last will reads:

quote:

Ingredients (adjust as needed for batch size)
1 large navel orange
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips

Put a small saucepan of water on to boil.

Cut top and bottom off or orange, then remove the peel, keeping it as intact as possible. I like to quarter the orange first and then remove the peel from there. Set aside peeled orange quarters for a nice snack.

Take the orange peels and cut them into ½ - ¾ inch wide strips. Put them in the now boiling water and boil for one minute. Drain and rinse

Anomalous Amalgam, chaoslord, Hal Incandenza, and SalTheBard have won the game!

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

So some thoughts on the game -

I feel really bad about loving up with Kashuno N1. I accidentally sent the night action results for AA to him, so I had to swap him out because he would have immediately known the spy results. ArbC, I felt (and others may disagree) was an okay sub back in because he was a bodyguard going into a doctor role. He learned nothing more than any other play would have known.

I am still butthurt about the witch suiciding night 1. I feel like this game would have gone dramatically different had the witch survived. Instead, there was an immediate validity to everyone's results. The death of the witch was the first big blow to the scum team.

Second, holy gently caress why did everyone feel like targeting b- night 1 was a good idea. It was hilarious and baffling.

I'd like to get everyone's views on how I could improve this format.

This is the second game I've run in this format and so it's still not perfect, but I do really enjoy styling it in this way.

One thing I really liked: the trial system. I feel like one of the weak points of mafia is everyone always rushing at the last moment to get a lynch right at deadline. This got rid of that. You didn't need to be right in the thread at deadline to lay a last second vote. I feel like it was very beneficial for people playing in different time zones. Further, it allowed people to be more cavalier with how they threw out their votes. It also adds an extra layer of intrigue as the guilty/innocent vote is blind.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

Overall, this game went bad for scum almost immediately.

Merk freely claimed mayor to Hal when jailed night 1 because he misunderstood his role and thought that Hal would die immediately (would have been the case had Merk been a serial killer).
The witch picked the alert veteran night 1.
Everyone targeted b-, causing the scum to immediately lose the mafioso to the bodyguard.

So while the town figured it out, I feel like this game ended up in favor of the town not by the town's intelligence but because of just a lot of lucky night actions.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
People need to stop being turds abour being 3P. Opop.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I'm still not convinced that this game works in a non-real-time format like the original ToS.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
This was the most lopsided game I've ever played. My apologies to scum. This had to be the most frustrating experience. Is amazing how randomly picking B- yielded amazing results.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
Thanks for targeting me everyone!!

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
Thanks for the game mord.

I think it would be a good idea to include some vanilla roles, and maybe a scum ninja

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
I don't even know why I picked you. I guess we have played together so much your name just jumped out at me

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug
Feel like scum kinda gave up and didn't play after n1, hard to blame em but there woulda been more room for them if they tried to play.

AA our spy claim gave no info mafia wouldn't know
clord our vet claim gave no info mafia wouldn't know
me our hidden RT role that no one even forced me to claim, knew nothing mafia couldn't have known.

Sal never hit anyone that AA/myself used our roles on so he woulda never been able to confirm us, AA never hit anyone that sal/myself hit our roles on so he wouldn't have been able to confirm us and vet is an uncomfirmable role outside of really nich situations (doc visiting another town visiting the vet).

People were also a bit hazy on the rules, as evidenced by AA pushing on me both day 3 and day 4. Even had AA gotten me lynched it'd be hard to say he was scum for it, because it could have been a genuine mistake.

That everyone knew at the start of day 4 that it was ip/beet is imo more about their play than the format. Beet claimed the same thing and had the same info clord did, IP coulda taken up AA's RT slot. There was just no debate over it because IP/Beet had been lurking the whole game while Clord/AA were active in trying to catch people. More activity days 2/3 coulda drastically changed things imho.

N1 was really unlucky for scum but AS felt like the only one who actually tried to play afterwards.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

SalTheBard posted:

This was the most lopsided game I've ever played. My apologies to scum. This had to be the most frustrating experience. Is amazing how randomly picking B- yielded amazing results.

It felt lopsided but actually it coulda been p close. A mislynch yesterday + a nk + a janitor that had been convinced to target the wrong person woulda put things in lylo.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Good game everyone. It was fun. Thanks for the game mord.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Good game everyone. It was fun. Thanks for the game mord.

Our of curiosity did you try bugging yourself the last night? I wasn't even sure if it could work.

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
thanks for the game everyone

curse you merk and arbc also :p

b-minus1 posted:

Thanks for targeting me everyone!!

you must feel very special : )

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

ArbitraryC posted:

Our of curiosity did you try bugging yourself the last night? I wasn't even sure if it could work.

He tried to. I explained to him that the bug will only give him the information he would already get. So bugging yourself is pointless.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

Mordiceius posted:

He tried to. I explained to him that the bug will only give him the information he would already get. So bugging yourself is pointless.

I think you're allowed to in ToS online but I agree it doesn't make a lot of sense. I only suggested it as a way of him confirming himself for lookout via the self target, it wouldn't have provided any extra info.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Mordiceius posted:

So some thoughts on the game -

I feel really bad about loving up with Kashuno N1. I accidentally sent the night action results for AA to him, so I had to swap him out because he would have immediately known the spy results. ArbC, I felt (and others may disagree) was an okay sub back in because he was a bodyguard going into a doctor role. He learned nothing more than any other play would have known.

So in the heat of things I was really upset about this decision and I apologize for calling you out about it. I'm sure you knew the backend more than we did so you wouldn't have put ArbC in a position to compromise the game. As it turns out ArbC did a great job of helping lead Town to victory so I'm thankful him/her stayed in the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Don't make Sal angry, you wouldn't like him angry

• Locked thread