Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Marching Powder posted:

cejudo is paying +400 and i'll probably bet on it. it's really hard to gauge because mm is so insanely good but i think cejudo has improved enough to actually take rounds off of mm.

i haven't given a poo poo about a mm opponent since dodson the first time but i will be actually impressed with a mm victory if he tears cejudo apart again.

this win paid for beer and ppv but it's hollow. i do not agree at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Marching Powder posted:

this win paid for beer and ppv but it's hollow. i do not agree at all.

Congrats on winning money though, there's that

DJ will get his belt back in the third fight and he will be better than ever

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Congrats on winning money though, there's that

DJ will get his belt back in the third fight and he will be better than ever

He didn't ask for a rematch and I'm wondering if he's not going to keep fighting after all the poo poo Dana gave him.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

kensei posted:

He didn't ask for a rematch and I'm wondering if he's not going to keep fighting after all the poo poo Dana gave him.

As important as that record was to him he would probably rather go out on his own terms and retire as the champion I'd imagine

But maybe not - maybe like you said he'll tell UFC to gently caress themselves and retire to twitch streaming like he said he'd like to after his career is done anyway

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Rizin Mighty Mouse please

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

MM had to lose sometime. If he's financially set or sorted elsewise with his twitch, it wouldn't be a bad time to retire.

Wonder how much twitch is detracting from his training. A lot of consistent streamers talk about the pressure of having to maintain consistency, the strees on being constantly outgoing and talking and being entertaining enough to maintain your subs is. Not making excuses for MM though.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
According to the post fight press questions DJ is more frustrated that he needs to go rehab a knee and foot issue now and not so much that Cejudo won so I guess that may be why the rematch isn't on his mind.

https://twitter.com/DamonMartin/status/1025981578130931717?s=19

Le Saboteur fucked around with this message at 06:51 on Aug 5, 2018

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

It really does seem that DJ has been preparing for this loss for years and it almost seems like a relief now. https://twitter.com/bokamotoESPN/status/1025986298752860161?s=19

JuanGoat
Nov 6, 2009
Cejudo Dillashaw is a crap superfight. The real superfight would be if Dillashaw moved up to fight Aldo.

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

Hard to see Cejduo hanging with TJ.

Would love to see TJ Moraes asap

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Man just look at this drat sequence. Cody enters the pocket 3 times the exact same way with his chin way out front. Just no patience at all. https://www.instagram.com/p/BmFklZxlq05/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=1qsbva0pfqspz

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Agitating for a cross-division superfight when you haven't cleaned out your division is already lame, agitating for a cross-division superfight ninety seconds after you win the title is hilarious.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Just caught up on the results, so I take it when Cejudo gets home, Dana White will have replaced his house with an exact duplicate except everything is made of solid gold?

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
*in a voice so deep it could never come from a flyweight* TJ/Moraes.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Jerusalem posted:

Just caught up on the results, so I take it when Cejudo gets home, Dana White will have replaced his house with an exact duplicate except everything is made of solid gold?

He's still a flyweight, so it's more like he'll get a golden ticket good for 50% off the continental breakfast at his hotel.

edit:

Dan Didio posted:

*in a voice so deep it could never come from a flyweight* TJ/Moraes.

If they're going to not do TJ/Cejudo, then yeah, TJ/Moraes while they figure out if Cruz still exists, and Cejudo vs the winner of Pettis/Formiga.

If they are, just suspend all titles and rankings and have everyone fight in a giant pit on a 24/7 livestream until WME runs out of money.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

They’re not going to do TJ/Cejudo, because Henry has a massive head and TJ might injure himself hauling it out of the octagon Predator style.

PONEYBOY
Jul 31, 2013

The Garbrandt-Dillashaw fight is still up on YouTube if anyone missed it. Probably shan’t last too long tho’.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UxKqPi1FKw

Biafraid
Jan 31, 2008

yeah.
Missed tonight's card but I'm doing karaoke at the bar Ryan Jimmo got murdered outside of. Be good, dammit

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Biafraid posted:

Missed tonight's card but I'm doing karaoke at the bar Ryan Jimmo got murdered outside of. Be good, dammit

Oh yeah, I forgot that happened.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

He's living it up in heaven with Anthony Perosh now.

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

Dan Didio posted:

He's living it up in heaven with Anthony Perosh now.

You had me worried there for a moment.

jay z's sedan
Nov 22, 2005

milk truck just arrive

JuanGoat posted:

Cejudo Dillashaw is a crap superfight. The real superfight would be if Dillashaw moved up to fight Aldo.

lol Henry Cejudo : Superfight

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

"Look, Henry Cejudo got in there tonight, against... against a very tough guy in TJ Dillashaw and it's so crazy, man, this sport; the celebrities we had here tonight and this sport, man, it's just so crazy, you couldn't predict this: a guy with a head that big? Wow, and TJ just killed him. Literally killed him. Henry is dead now. COngratulations to our Interim Champion Sergio Pettis." - Dana White

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
I can’t see Cejudo getting that fight, nice promo though

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Dana White is rolling out a blank cheque for the superfights for Henry Cejudo, a guy who's most impressive win was over a man called 'Dustin Kimura', a man so deadly on the ground...

Oh, sorry, I'm hearing that he was actually a kickboxer and the last name was just a coincidence.

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
Im glad DJ lost

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Mean Bean Machine posted:

Im glad DJ lost

Yeah, and the people QQing about it lol

Acinonyx
Oct 21, 2005

CarlCX posted:

Agitating for a cross-division superfight when you haven't cleaned out your division is already lame, agitating for a cross-division superfight ninety seconds after you win the title is hilarious.

What division? MMDJ was the only one who was even a slight draw. Are we supposed to pretend that anyone wants to see Ray Borg fights or some poo poo?

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Cody should go up to Featherweight and get starched by some of those guys next, I reckon.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Dan Didio posted:

Cody should go up to Featherweight and get starched by some of those guys next, I reckon.

I'd watch Cody / cub

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I was thinking more ‘Lil Heathen, but I hope Cody draws Lineker at 135, lol.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

henkman posted:

Yeah, and the people QQing about it lol

Imo it's good to see a dominant champ brutally dethroned. Also imo, it's lame to see a dominant champ lose in a split decision that most agree he should have won because of the aggressive return of tepid top control being money on the scorecards.

But yeah lol at the qq I guess. Let's see what happens next.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

The purest form of MMA is losing a belt because your were tripped and laid on top of a couple of times while completely controlling 90% of the fight.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

The truth of the matter is outside of DJ’s rolls to avoid takedowns, it was a boring and tepid fight. DJ has no one to blame but himself for not doing more.

jay z's sedan
Nov 22, 2005

milk truck just arrive
Sal dramato is a profession judge so what is the problem exactly?

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
DJ lost? Sweet I’ll watch the card now lol

Matt Lindland
Feb 10, 2018

SHUT THE FUCK UP KEVEN

ALSO GJ BUYING A NEW ACCOUNT LIKE A GODDAMN COWARD
YOU USELESS WHITE NOISE POSTER

YOU WILL NOT ESCAPE THE BOLF RAMSHIELD YOU SO RICHLY DESERVE

now with professional animation
Hey guys. I’ve finally made the push to get off all forums and social media which hopefully will stick but hey who knows. I’m going to go auto ban this account after this so I’m not tempted to do this again. I just wanted to stop by and say thanks to everyone for posting with me for all these years, and that this is a great community. And I’d also like to say gently caress Mighty Mouse midget rear end toddler lookin bitch! The only place this guys going to be complaining about not being promoted at is GameStop! Gwa ha ha ha!

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
God speed

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

see that man, there goes "The Law"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mewse
May 2, 2006

:rip:

• Locked thread