Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Smoking Crow posted:

Is it just me or has Karl Stern's quality gone down since he started his own website

I think the issue is he was churning out so many shows for a while there that it got super repetitive

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Smoking Crow posted:

Is it just me or has Karl Stern's quality gone down since he started his own website

Sadly his history of wrestling thing has been a dud, to the point I was kinda glad he skipped the July marathon this year. I've actually found his Dragon King Dark show kinda fun to listen too though, even if I don't always agree with his takes on things.

God I miss After Dark's awesome opening theme though.

Your Parents
Jul 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich
Bryan should start doing after dark again and officially quit WOL.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Your Parents posted:

Bryan should start doing after dark again and officially quit WOL.

We have found the one Sempervive superfan

Your Parents
Jul 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich

exploded mummy posted:

We have found the one Sempervive superfan

no i hate semp so much that he should be forced to no longer have bryan to back him up

Your Parents
Jul 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich
either that or get semp to do after dark so we can hear about how aliens abducted barney and betty hill and speaking of hills what a hard climb its been getting these viewpoints out in the mainstream and anyway i was fishing the other week and wouldnt you know it i didnt catch anything until it got dark, anyway, after dark, thats the nameo f the show, and so we're talking about aliens right so what if, heres my suggestion, what if, we just wait and see, i mean

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

I'll stick to LPOTL for that stuff, Ben makes better wrestling references anyway

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Higher Side Chats is best hands down for paranormal stuff because everyone really believes that Queen Elizabeth is alive, living on the moon and mentally molesting the interviewee.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Anyone who wants to follow along with the B&V show but doesn't have a WWE network sub, here are the Road Wild matches they're covering this week:

Sid Vicious vs Sting: https://www.dailymotion.com/video/xck2nx
Goldberg vs Rick Steiner: https://www.dailymotion.com/video/xc3ni2
Macho Man vs Rod Man: https://www.dailymotion.com/video/xck2d1
Hulk Hogan vs Kevin Nash: https://www.dailymotion.com/video/xckier

Combined number of ref bumps: 4

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Granny explaining about how the guy ran into a cornbuckle was amazing.

Also apparently when she writes her wrestling reports, she writes down the moves she THINKS will happen in the match and then gets upset when the wrestlers don't comply.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Jerusalem posted:

Also apparently when she writes her wrestling reports, she writes down the moves she THINKS will happen in the match and then gets upset when the wrestlers don't comply.

She'd make a great WCW booker :v:

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Mob posted:

I'll stick to LPOTL for that stuff, Ben makes better wrestling references anyway

Buncha UFO marks that don't know they're getting worked

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Your Parents posted:

either that or get semp to do after dark so we can hear about how aliens abducted barney and betty hill and speaking of hills what a hard climb its been getting these viewpoints out in the mainstream and anyway i was fishing the other week and wouldnt you know it i didnt catch anything until it got dark, anyway, after dark, thats the nameo f the show, and so we're talking about aliens right so what if, heres my suggestion, what if, we just wait and see, i mean

Sempervive: There are no such things as aliens and I'll tell you why... :smug:
incredibly long run-on sentence where he talks faster as he loses breath but he's just GOT to acknowledge and counter arguments that might be made against him
Sempervive: ...so in conclusion that's why aliens definitely exist :smug:

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1025792638832717824

Edit:
https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1025790700334399488
I get the feeling this will be the first G1 match to crack 5 stars for Dave

SatoshiMiwa fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Aug 4, 2018

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1025648064353071104?s=19

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

RIP Dave Meltzer, found face first in a bucket of cum

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Dave Meltzer was always bad.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/bryanalvarez/status/1025596192237936640?s=19
https://twitter.com/ProperJam/status/1025599047988469761?s=19

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Having listened to Bryan for over a decade, he is 100% the kind of person who has no conception of respect for customer service workers.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
https://twitter.com/johnmarsx/status/1025870625137672192

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Lmao

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

I'm guessing he goes the a full six on it. Which would mean in the span of a few weeks Omega got two fivers and one that breaks the scale.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I dunno if it's six if only because I dunno if it was better than Tana vs. Okada and Hiromu vs. Ishimori, but then again there was way more uncertainty for those whereas Omega basically had to lose this one.

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012

he's apparently doing irony here

he's very bad at it tho

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Have Dave tell the ring rat story about looking at the luchadores drivers licenses after coitus

Your Parents
Jul 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich

I mean.... Yes? poo poo, it'd be great if everyone had a job, they didn't have to work that hard, and it was convenient every time you went to the store.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Your Parents posted:

I mean.... Yes? poo poo, it'd be great if everyone had a job, they didn't have to work that hard, and it was convenient every time you went to the store.

your opinion on customer service workers is noted, Mike Sempervive Superfan #1.

BDA
Dec 10, 2007

Extremely grim and evil.
As bad as an understaffed checkout line sucks for customers it's even worse for the cashiers. Cashiering at Walmart was probably the worst experience of my life.

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

Try being one of the few guys who can't use the tills for store policy reasons (I was the guy who counted the cash at the end and store policy was you're not allowed to analyse your own work to prevent you from slipping a couple of £20s in your pocket and falsifying the records after) and trying to tell customers that you cannot serve them at the check-outs.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Anime Reference posted:

As bad as an understaffed checkout line sucks for customers it's even worse for the cashiers. Cashiering at Walmart was probably the worst experience of my life.

did you have to do that thing where you pray to the waltons before your shift

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool

Anime Reference posted:

I got trained on register while I worked there to help out. The minute I heard they were moving me there most likely full time, I quit at the end of that shift.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Anime Reference posted:

Yeah, I cashiered for K-Mart back in high school, and if you've ever been into a K-Mart, there's no such thing as an appropriate staffing level, no matter what time or how busy it is.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
I wish all stores had like 70 self checkout lines, and they didn't suck rear end and stop to ask about bagging poo poo all the time.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Please put your item in the bagging area.
Please remove item from the bagging area.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I only shop online so I don't have to look at the abject misery my addiction to consumer culture causes.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Today's WOR is a *takes deep breath*

:siren: G1 MATHS EPISODE :siren:

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

jesus WEP posted:

Today's WOR is a *takes deep breath*

:siren: G1 MATHS EPISODE :siren:

POST THE BENNY HILL CLIP!

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Hoooooooooooly poo poo Dave

Bryan: Heyman looks like he hasn't slept in a week, like he hasn't eaten, he looked terrible
Dave: He didn't look like he hadn't eaten.

jesus WEP fucked around with this message at 15:05 on Aug 7, 2018

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.
Bryan saying that he thinks someone will die before UFC changes their weight cutting policies and Dave thinking he meant that someone was going to die in the Bellator tournament this weekend was just magical.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I love hearing Bryan get so excited for the retro shows this week.