Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Jack2142 posted:

I still miss the pretzels they had in the 90's.

I feel like this is a fevor dream that I swear Costco/Price Club sold giant rear end warm soft pretzels, but I think it was Sams Club isn't it? I tried one from Sams like 6 years ago and it loving sucked tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Afterbirth Aftermath posted:

I grabbed a sample of some chocolate thing after I had already picked up the container from down the aisle. Did not like, put the item back.

The closest I came was trying a sample of some frozen Tyson Chicken strips in some sugar sauce.

Took the sample, then stood in the freezer section staring at the nutritional information for far too long before putting it back and walked away, crying to myself.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

I got the salmon burgers based on a sample, been buying them for months now.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes

Xaris posted:

I feel like this is a fevor dream that I swear Costco/Price Club sold giant rear end warm soft pretzels, but I think it was Sams Club isn't it? I tried one from Sams like 6 years ago and it loving sucked tho

I am pretty confident that Price Club sold pretzels.
I also remember them selling enormous boxes of frozen soft pretzels.

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

I bought 16 pound RIB EYE roast which I am now dry aging in a dedicated mini fridge for 3 weeks, for steaks

PBUC

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

smoobles posted:

I bought 16 pound RIB EYE roast which I am now dry aging in a dedicated mini fridge for 3 weeks, for steaks

PBUC

:popeye:

Malah
May 18, 2015

I've applied for a job at my local Costco!! I wonder what it's like on the other side of the counter.

TheReverend
Jun 21, 2005

smoobles posted:

PBUC

Please keep thread updated.
I may need to do this as well.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Finally had one of those Tasty Bite Tikka Masala pouches. Had it over white rice. The rice took a while but 1 minute in the microwave for the tikka masala.

:discourse:

Gravitee
Nov 20, 2003

I just put money in the Magic Fingers!

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Finally had one of those Tasty Bite Tikka Masala pouches. Had it over white rice. The rice took a while but 1 minute in the microwave for the tikka masala.

:discourse:

Pro Tip : Buy the Uncle Ben's rice in the 90 seconds bags in your flavor of choice like jasmine/brown/basmati for a super quick, super filling meal.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I have to do that for sure.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

I didn't see the naanwiches but I did get a key lime pie today. It's huge and delicious

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

:coolfish:
Get a rice cooker and make huge amounts of rice effortlessly, it lasts for a decent amount of time in the fridge, and you can freeze it forever.

Unsurprisingly to those who are blessed, the holy land certainly contains enormous amounts of rice. Behold the multitudes of varieties available! Uncle Ben's will never come close to what properly cooked rice tastes like.

The $/arbitrary-rice-amount is in a different tier.

Horse Clocks
Dec 14, 2004

Malah posted:

I've applied for a job at my local Costco!! I wonder what it's like on the other side of the counter.

The trolley??

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

TheReverend posted:

Please keep thread updated.
I may need to do this as well.

Will do! I forgot to take before pictures, but oh well.

It's just a used fridge with a fan inside it, and one of these: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B011296704/

topenga
Jul 1, 2003
I am sad today, my friends. I attended church and found what I needed then I passed by the lovely rotisserie chickens. This would make a great dinner and lunches for a couple days, thought I!

I brought home the sacred bird, fixed up some sides, then cut into the famed poultry.

It was raw.

poo poo happens, but man, I was so looking forward to that chicken.

sandball
Jan 6, 2006
Keep the receipt and call in to the store to make a complaint.

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

topenga posted:

I am sad today, my friends. I attended church and found what I needed then I passed by the lovely rotisserie chickens. This would make a great dinner and lunches for a couple days, thought I!

I brought home the sacred bird, fixed up some sides, then cut into the famed poultry.

It was raw.

I have bought like 50 of these over the years, never happened to me. That really sucks though. Definitely return it or call them.

Bigchops
Mar 13, 2005
Biggus Choppus

Malah posted:

I finished my first 30 days. Depends on what area you work in. If it's front end you're going to sweat and your feet will ache at the end of the day. But you at least got all your cardio in.

It feels like a good place to work. There don't seem to be any "weak links." I don't know if any others do this but mine has a 90 day probationary period and they determine if they keep you after that. And I get OT all Sunday.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

The al pastor salad owns.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

topenga posted:

It was raw.

They refused to sell me one because it was too small and had someone actually run all the way back and get me a fresh one. Definitely bring it back. Costco takes that pretty seriously.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
most places would, undercooked poultry is basically russian roulette.

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

TheKingslayer posted:

I thought it was OK, I hate cucumber though and ate around it because I’m a big baby. I guess I’m sticking to the Caesar!

Symetrique
Jan 2, 2013

TheKingslayer posted:

Do you know if it's possible to get the soy pastor stuff separately? I was surprised at how good it is.

belt
May 12, 2001

by Nyc_Tattoo
What’s the word on Kirkland toilet paper. I’m gonna need some more shortly and buying that much toilet paper is quite a commitment for someone that lives alone.

sandball
Jan 6, 2006

belt posted:

What’s the word on Kirkland toilet paper. I’m gonna need some more shortly and buying that much toilet paper is quite a commitment for someone that lives alone.

It's good stuff and almost worth the cost of membership alone.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know

BaconCopter posted:

Get a rice cooker and make huge amounts of rice effortlessly, it lasts for a decent amount of time in the fridge, and you can freeze it forever.

This is a great idea because buying premade Uncle Ben rice is pretty much idiot bachelor food, so +1 on that.

The only thing I would change is that rice cookers are completely outdated, and trust me, I'm a rice cooker snob who has owned all kinds of absurdly expensive cookers.

The reason is because the Instant Pot pressure cooker is as good or better at cooking rice than the dedicated rice cookers, and does a million other borderline miracle-level things as well. The Ultra version has an automated rice setting that is just great.

When we figured out how well our Instant Pot Ultra cooked rice, we gave away our Zojirushis right away. Never looked back.

e: and these are $200+ rice cookers.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know

belt posted:

Consider getting the Kirkland moist flushable wipes. They are so good. Everyone who has given the wipes an honest try at my house has been fully converted. You'll never use gross dry wood fiber to wipe your rear end in a top hat again.

fdjkbnadjnbkjldaf
Mar 2, 2016
Can someone explain to me why a thread on costco is over 10,000 posts long. Is it because capitalism won, or that costco has such excellent deals. If this is a thread against capitalism then I can understand why it's so long.

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

fdjkbnadjnbkjldaf posted:

Can someone explain to me why a thread on costco is over 10,000 posts long. Is it because capitalism won, or that costco has such excellent deals. If this is a thread against capitalism then I can understand why it's so long.

its costco, even the posts about it come in bulk

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

haha this guy shops at sam's club

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Yesterday everyone banded together and agreed to ignore the painted zig-zag foodcourt line in order to keep the entire line in the shade. It was a great moment of solidarity amongst the congregation.

Got a fruit smoothie for a light lunch. Its probably the healthiest thing on the menu at only 220 calories. Its great and underappreciated.

Also my store still has the onion dispenser.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Goons are old and Costco is good.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Costco is right there with In-N-Out and other companies that realize that their employees are their most valuable asset and pay them accordingly.

Its idealized capitalism. Any company that cannot pay their employees a fair an living wage shouldn't exist.

Whats amazing about Costco is that its a public company so you would assume that it would be a race to the bottom for profitability for shareholders. But they have not "sold out" so to speak.

naem
May 29, 2011

https://youtu.be/Z8zNsUTWsOc

belt
May 12, 2001

by Nyc_Tattoo

1.50 dog and refill man

sandball
Jan 6, 2006

cult posting is about 80% of the thread

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

belt posted:

1.50 dog and refill man

Also this.

naem
May 29, 2011

sandball posted:

cult posting is about 80% of the thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

belt posted:

its the best cheapest tp you can buy and basically wiping your rear end with a microfiber cloth. between costco tp , paper towels, and box of crystal geyser sparklng water for like $3, i p much buy offf my membership right there. the tp and paper towels are insanely good

i will have to check out the moist flushable wipes tho, never considered it

also you will only have to buy tp like once a year at the minimum