Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I've already seen this episode three times and I'm still excited to watch it again today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Cojawfee posted:

I've already seen this episode three times and I'm still excited to watch it again today.

Yeah, I watched both on my phone, and can't wait to watch it on my TV tonight/tomorrow.

What I *really* want to see is Gary's dream sequence with closed captioning - I'm still not clear on a few words.

Specifically, what Hatred says, and "my Mommy thinks I'm ______." I *think* he says "good," but I'm not sure.

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Aug 6, 2018

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

Ok one last episode before I wrap up. I think if I watch Escape to the House of Mummies (Part II) I'll stay up all night slowly converting the entire episode into a series of silent consecutive gifs.

tarlibone posted:

How about the scene in "Assassinanny 911" where Molotov is teaching them how to avoid being shot, and it ends with two of them running right into each other?

https://i.imgur.com/ZrllVSa.gifv

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
You are doing gods work.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Specifically, what Hatred says, and "my Mommy thinks I'm ______." I *think* he says "good," but I'm not sure.
That's what I heard as well for the second one.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Tuxedo Ted posted:

That one's still better than the Ruddy Bottom. Just a tall glass of grenadine with some rum and tomato juice thrown in.

P.S. I'm gonna be slowly watching the series from season 1, hit me up with lovely, poorly optimized gif requests.

Brock pulling himself up onto boat in pirate episode with the glowing eyes

Omnomnomnivore
Nov 14, 2010

I'm swiftly moving toward a solution which pleases nobody! YEAGGH!
My giant Venture Bros book came with a big ugly dent in one corner. :(

Of course Amazon will replace it for free. Capitalism isn't so bad sometimes...

Omnomnomnivore fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Aug 6, 2018

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Yeah, I watched both on my phone, and can't wait to watch it on my TV tonight/tomorrow.

What I *really* want to see is Gary's dream sequence with closed captioning - I'm still not clear on a few words.

He definitely says that.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

Tuxedo Ted posted:

Ok one last episode before I wrap up. I think if I watch Escape to the House of Mummies (Part II) I'll stay up all night slowly converting the entire episode into a series of silent consecutive gifs.

https://i.imgur.com/ZrllVSa.gifv

That smack at the end is comedy gold, and it works even without sound.

And is Hank trying to fly away?

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
https://twitter.com/jacksonpublick/status/1026312564538531840?s=21

keroppl
Jan 4, 2013
An acidburn reference? Incredible.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

tarlibone posted:

And is Hank trying to fly away?

Ahem, I believe it's super run-away...ing.

OGS-Remix
Sep 4, 2007

Totally surviving on my own. On LAND!
I just saw the early preview of Season 7 Episode one.

:stare::catstare::stare:

The Venture Brothers is the best show on television (maybe until Always Sunny comes out) and I need to buy the artbook.

Reset Smith
Apr 6, 2009
hah, even the Venture legacy of millinery came back to haunt Rusty

Harry
Jun 13, 2003

I do solemnly swear that in the year 2015 I will theorycraft my wallet as well as my WoW
Well that was a busy episode.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities

Harry posted:

Well that was a busy episode.

Indeed! White actually got to do something (really stupid) for a change.

sanko
Sep 11, 2001
Lies.
Was there no post-credit stinger at the end of the one that just aired or did I somehow miss it? It felt odd not to see one

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

So we’re not live-chatting when the new episodes air on TV anymore?

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

sanko posted:

Was there no post-credit stinger at the end of the one that just aired or did I somehow miss it? It felt odd not to see one

Yup, it's just To Be Continued.

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

MR. DOG WITH BEES IN HIS MOUTH AND WHEN HE BARKS HE SHOOTS BEES AT YOU
by Roger Hargreaves

So regarding the "PROBLEM"

Do you think it wasn't working initially because it didn't have access to any kind of food source? When it was on Gargantua it would have been a sterile environment and there wouldn't be much food about in the desert but when it got moved to NY it was finally able to start feeding and pulling nutrients out of cockroaches and rats and thats what eventually brought it back online?

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

So we’re not live-chatting when the new episodes air on TV anymore?

Most of us have been reaction-chatting for the past week-plus on the leaked episodes. My guess is it'll come back with Ep3. At least it's a 10 episode season.

dazoner
May 17, 2006

White People!
This week’s t-shirt is pretty nice

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

Dragonstoned posted:

So regarding the "PROBLEM"

Do you think it wasn't working initially because it didn't have access to any kind of food source? When it was on Gargantua it would have been a sterile environment and there wouldn't be much food about in the desert but when it got moved to NY it was finally able to start feeding and pulling nutrients out of cockroaches and rats and thats what eventually brought it back online?

there were a bunch of dead scorpions in front of it when Jonas Jr found it

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
I waited till midnight to watch the episode like a good boy.

Holy loving poo poo.

Edit- also the above theories don't explain the light coming on back in season 1

Edit2 Ewwwwww Jonas drank rusty's urine

Comrade Quack
Jun 6, 2006
Witty closing remarks have been replaced by massive head trauma and general stupidity.
A bunch of people only caught episode 1 early. It will probably pick up a bit more next week before gaining full speed at week 3.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
It’s crazy to be watching this episode and laughing my balls off like 3 minutes in and realizing that this is one of the only waits in life that is really worth the wait.

LoL: Who told you you could take Art!?

Bust Rodd fucked around with this message at 06:15 on Aug 6, 2018

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Something just occurred to me, and it's super-morbid...

Maybe the reason the "PROBLEM" kept blinking on Gargantua-1 was to get Rusty close enough to it that Jonas could 'feed' off him - but he never got close enough. It would stand to reason that if Jonas pioneered/perfected cloning, that he might've been doing the same thing to Rusty that Doc's done with Hank and Dean. Maybe that's why Doc and J.J. were so hosed up genetically - because they've both been put through the genetic wringer so many damned times that their chromosomes are hosed sideways. It'd also explain why none of the original 'Team Venture' seemed to give a drat about traumatizing the poo poo out of Rusty. Brisby even hinted at the fact that Jonas' cloning project was geared to grant those who had access to it ~immortality~, and he seemed to think Rusty was in on the secret.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Something just occurred to me, and it's super-morbid...

Maybe the reason the "PROBLEM" kept blinking on Gargantua-1 was to get Rusty close enough to it that Jonas could 'feed' off him - but he never got close enough. It would stand to reason that if Jonas pioneered/perfected cloning, that he might've been doing the same thing to Rusty that Doc's done with Hank and Dean. Maybe that's why Doc and J.J. were so hosed up genetically - because they've both been put through the genetic wringer so many damned times that their chromosomes are hosed sideways. It'd also explain why none of the original 'Team Venture' seemed to give a drat about traumatizing the poo poo out of Rusty. Brisby even hinted at the fact that Jonas' cloning project was geared to grant those who had access to it ~immortality~, and he seemed to think Rusty was in on the secret.

I doubt it. It had no problem feeding off of bugs and rats; why wouldn't it just feed off of the crew of Gargantua 1? Also, there's nothing in the show to suggest that Doc is one of a series of clones. Jonas was pretty good at (eventually) saving his son. Remember: they make this up as they go along. There is a 0% chance that when they made "Careers in Science," the PROBLEM light was anything other than a problem light, because having a single, non-specific diagnostic indicator for a complicated space station is inherently funny.

I just noticed that the Blood Vessel is registered in Illinois. And I mean 1984-2001 Illinois, to be exact; those are the license plates of my youth right there. And, while Illinois is one of the states that requires a front license plate (and has for as long as I can remember; neighbor Missouri only relatively recently added that requirement), the registration sticker goes on the back plate.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

tarlibone posted:

I just noticed that the Blood Vessel is registered in Illinois. And I mean 1984-2001 Illinois, to be exact; those are the license plates of my youth right there. And, while Illinois is one of the states that requires a front license plate (and has for as long as I can remember; neighbor Missouri only relatively recently added that requirement), the registration sticker goes on the back plate.

Wouldn't shock me if they know that and have a New York cop pull Jefferson over.

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

dazoner posted:

This week’s t-shirt is pretty nice

You can't just say that and not link it:
https://www.titmousestuff.com/products/the-venture-bros-and-the-curse-of-the-haunted-problem

edit: it's only available until the 12th, so if you didn't get the subscription and want it, the time is soon!

Rexxed fucked around with this message at 07:00 on Aug 6, 2018

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

I like it!

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Its gonna feel good to be walking around knowing that everyone will finally see a big light on my chest that lets them know I'm a problem.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
On the gif requests, naked Brock covered in blood cornering Phantom limb is always fun. Shouldn't be too far from S2. Clones all marching out and getting killed is another request. Show is full of giffable moments though, kind of dealer's choice I would think on what you want to grab.

I'm resisting leaks for a change so I'll wait on episode 2, but man somebody tackle crazy White there, sheesh!

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rexxed posted:

You can't just say that and not link it:
https://www.titmousestuff.com/products/the-venture-bros-and-the-curse-of-the-haunted-problem

edit: it's only available until the 12th, so if you didn't get the subscription and want it, the time is soon!

Was hoping for a Vincenzo's shirt but I ordered it anyways.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

One thing gleaned from the book I hadn't thought of before is how much they're shooting themselves in the foot merch-wise with the t-shirt club, in a way. Can't do designs for main characters/logos cause Adult Swim might want to use it for 'official' merch vs. these one time only dealies.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Im enjoying my rewatch of last season way, way more than my first watch, but frankly it’s loving crazy and kind of embarrassing that Jackson and Doc literally didn’t understand their budget/episode order and that there wasnt a lawyer or legal advocate or financial advisor that could’ve helped them figure it out before they started production.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Oh hey, noticed a screw-up. Right after Hank "ca-pishes," they left up the pre-production frame number in the top right and left corner for a frame.

VBS701_A139 [95] on the right
VBS701_A140 [13] on the left

Only recognized it because it was evident in the tweet posted earlier.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
How are people watching a second episode didn't first just show tonight?

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Milo and POTUS posted:

How are people watching a second episode didn't first just show tonight?

AS had a sneak preview of the first two online a week back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

Dang, I didn't realize, or had forgotten, that the Problem light has been around since S1 Episode 2. I wonder how long ago they decided Jonas Sr was in there. I'd guess around the beginning of Season 6, but who knows?