Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arc Impulse
Jun 5, 2010

Fun Shoe

FisheyStix posted:

Unfortunately, it's that exact spot where I hit my roadblock. :smith:

If that's the case, I think you can work your way up around the top of Dark Lord's Mausoleum using the stairs. The ones at the top of the room with Set in particular I think should take you up by the Feather room again, though it's been a while since I used them, so it may not be that exact set.

uPen posted:

Ancient Chaos can suck a dick.

Agreed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RaspberryCommie
May 3, 2008

Stop! My penis can only get so erect.
Is it just me or are some of the minibosses in this game harder than the actual bosses?

I just activated Hall of Malice and some of them just sit there and spam projectiles that are extremely hard to dodge.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

I swear you'd think I would've learned by now (DLM spoilers)

*Finally figure out which mantra to use in the pyramid and where exactly to use it*

*Use crystal pyramid, activate pyramid, sigh in relief.*

*Giant middle piece squishes me because I stood still like an idiot*

I would make a terrible archaeologist in real life :argh:

EDIT - Oh no you don't game. Now the huge sphere thing tried to kill me too, but I jumped away in time.

They keep finding new levels with these trolls.

Super Jay Mann fucked around with this message at 05:14 on Aug 6, 2018

FisheyStix
Jul 2, 2008

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

Arc Impulse posted:

If that's the case, I think you can work your way up around the top of Dark Lord's Mausoleum using the stairs. The ones at the top of the room with Set in particular I think should take you up by the Feather room again, though it's been a while since I used them, so it may not be that exact set.

Ahhh, that did it! Ok, now to start doing the other stuff that I need to do.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.
In this world it's pet or BE pet.

Super Jay Mann posted:

I swear you'd think I would've learned by now (DLM spoilers)

*Finally figure out which mantra to use in the pyramid and where exactly to use it*

*Use crystal pyramid, activate pyramid, sigh in relief.*

*Giant middle piece squishes me because I stood still like an idiot*

I would make a terrible archaeologist in real life :argh:

EDIT - Oh no you don't game. Now the huge sphere thing tried to kill me too, but I jumped away in time.

They keep finding new levels with these trolls.

That was my favourite part of the entire game, combined with the little section afterwards.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Okay I've seen people complaining that figuring out how to make the ankh appear in Dark Lord's Maloseum is bullshit, so... how do you do that?

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Zereth posted:

Okay I've seen people complaining that figuring out how to make the ankh appear in Dark Lord's Maloseum is bullshit, so... how do you do that?

Ra himself appears as an NPC in one of the doors in the area. You need to talk to him there and then chase him around a couple times until he goes to the boss room.

It took me forever to figure out because I somehow missed going into his original room and didn't realize for a long while.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Regy Rusty posted:

Ra himself appears as an NPC in one of the doors in the area. You need to talk to him there and then chase him around a couple times until he goes to the boss room.

It took me forever to figure out because I somehow missed going into his original room and didn't realize for a long while.

Ahhh, thanks. I'd seen something about mantras so I was assuming I needed to somehow find a mantra combination and where to say it.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Zereth posted:

Ahhh, thanks. I'd seen something about mantras so I was assuming I needed to somehow find a mantra combination and where to say it.

Nope that's for later, assuming you opened the boss room.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Regy Rusty posted:

Nope that's for later, assuming you opened the boss room.
That's the room one down from the place you "Trace the Dark Lord's Footprints" right?

Sacrificial Toast
Nov 5, 2009

FisheyStix posted:

Ahhh, I'm so close to the end I can taste it. But...

I seem to be locking down the corridor of blood doors into certain positions, to form the points of a star. Except halfway through the path, I hit a corridor that's too steeply slanted to go up. I'd like to change it so I can hit up the other places and fix them in place first. But the Beherit doesn't seem to do anything (except now it's mad at me??) once the paths are locked.

I can't recall if there was a reachable entrance other than the Valhalla one. The others, as I recall, are in unreachable places. Am I forgetting something?

Please o lord don't let me have locked myself out this close to the finish line...

They're all reachable except for Ancient Chaos and Underworld. Also, the Beherit is just really mad, not just at you.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

huge spoilers for big secrets or maybe dlc? hey so I found a bgm rip on youtube and there's music for the Tower of Oanness and also a fishman boss theme :getin:

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

RaspberryCommie posted:

Is it just me or are some of the minibosses in this game harder than the actual bosses?

I just activated Hall of Malice and some of them just sit there and spam projectiles that are extremely hard to dodge.
The game implies the bosses were too weak to be summoned at this point.

Mulbruk finally gave me a clue on finding the Japan map. Now it makes sense why it took so long.

Scalding Coffee fucked around with this message at 05:58 on Aug 6, 2018

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

i wish there was a way to make the tablets glow again!! graaargh!! I'm tempted to just start over and obsessively screenshot everything this time

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Regy Rusty posted:

Uh, I'm having a problem here

I've seen Ra once before, but I just visited every door, including the fairy guild behind the crushers, and he's not at any of them. There's two empty ones, one of which I think used to have an NPC in it that wasn't' Ra.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Zereth posted:

Uh, I'm having a problem here

I've seen Ra once before, but I just visited every door, including the fairy guild behind the crushers, and he's not at any of them. There's two empty ones, one of which I think used to have an NPC in it that wasn't' Ra.

increasing spoilers
He's left the zone. Do you remember Ra being mentioned anywhere else? He went to the Gate of the Dead to eat the NPCs there.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

lets hang out posted:

increasing spoilers
He's left the zone. Do you remember Ra being mentioned anywhere else? He went to the Gate of the Dead to eat the NPCs there.
Ohh,,, duh. Okay there we go, got that ankh, thanks.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

brahma what's that thing in the top left?

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

This almost feels like the item is bugged but I'm probably just doing it wrong. How on earth do you use the Grapple Claw?

I've tried running and jumping at shiny pillars, nothing happens.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

Hold up while next to a wall.

Sacrificial Toast
Nov 5, 2009

That's the tiny backside area of Frost Giant Shrine that you get to by the Corridor of Blood

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Well, another boss down.

How do I actually... hurt the boss in Ancient Chaos?

poo poo how do I reliably get to it uninjured that vertical room that there appears to be no other path to the boss than through is a pain in the rear end, let alone fast enough that a weapon fairy is still active

Sacrificial Toast
Nov 5, 2009

As long as you're not doing the no sub-weapon achievement, Earth Spears work well.

pray for my aunt
Feb 13, 2012

14980c8b8a96fd9e279796a61cf82c9c

Zereth posted:

Well, another boss down.

poo poo how do I reliably get to it uninjured that vertical room that there appears to be no other path to the boss than through is a pain in the rear end, let alone fast enough that a weapon fairy is still active

I had to take a healing fairy just to teach the top uninjured, then just practised and practised until I got the timing down on landing hits with the katana and learned the tells.

RaspberryCommie
May 3, 2008

Stop! My penis can only get so erect.

Scalding Coffee posted:

The game implies the bosses were too weak to be summoned at this point.

Mulbruk finally gave me a clue on finding the Japan map. Now it makes sense why it took so long.

I meant it more as a "Wow, these minibosses are kind of hard."

I mean one of them is literally just Viy again, except if he swipes you you fall down a room and have to come back up just in time to get bopped again

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Okay I made it farther into the underworld this time, and: wow, the underworld is not loving around

I guess I'll go, uh.... *flips through screenshots* Try to get this vase in the buried fortress.

... wait poo poo, that's this room

Am I supposed to drop in from above? How do I make a hole to actually do that?

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Zereth posted:

Well, another boss down.

Probably a bit late now, but flares really trivialize this boss. You can't hit him from directly beneath, but you can catch him with bursts as he moves back and forth, and it does a lot of damage.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Broken Cog posted:

Probably a bit late now, but flares really trivialize this boss. You can't hit him from directly beneath, but you can catch him with bursts as he moves back and forth, and it does a lot of damage.
Are you referring to the boss of Ancient Chaos, or the boss of the Maloseum which I just beat?

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Zereth posted:

Are you referring to the boss of Ancient Chaos, or the boss of the Maloseum which I just beat?

Ancient Chaos.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Well I beat it. I still think it's strictly lesser compared to the original, an all-time classic. There was just a certain level of polish and a certain spark of creativity that wasn't there as strongly as in the first outing.

But it's hard to really begrudge any la mulana we're lucky enough to receive, and I do think they made a massive and ultimately worthy game despite the highly troubled development cycle. I think I'll appreciate it more on a second run down the line when some of the many glaring bugs will have hopefully been patched.

All in all you did good NIGORO, you did good :unsmith:

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

how do you expand your wallet past 999?

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

Uncle Wemus posted:

how do you expand your wallet past 999?

It's sold in a shop. It's in the area by Bergelmir's statue, I think you need to melt the ice first?

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Einwand posted:

It's sold in a shop. It's in the area by Bergelmir's statue, I think you need to melt the ice first?
... I probably should have bought that instead of some random game when I noticed my money was nearing 999.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

So dumb question, where are the early game fairy spots? I really need a healing fairy to deal with this obnoxious miniboss because I am bad at video games.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

PlasticAutomaton posted:

So dumb question, where are the early game fairy spots? I really need a healing fairy to deal with this obnoxious miniboss because I am bad at video games.
There's one like, one left, one up, one left from the upper Immortal Battlefield grail tablet.

You have actually had a conversation with a fairy, right?They won't show up until then.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

(Icefire Treetop spoilers) Surtr was some irritating RNG bullcrap that I got mad at until it dawned on me that simply sticking to the walls high enough up keeps you safe from falling death 90% of the time and even leaves you in prime position to mash his face in when he attacks from the sides. When that happened he was easy as pie.

Super Jay Mann fucked around with this message at 09:02 on Aug 6, 2018

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
Taking a day off from the game really helped me get into another groove.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Ah gently caress I'm missing mantras for the mausoleum puzzle. And I'm bad at taking notes so one could very well be in some area i saw and forgot about. Horus mentioned a mantra map, is that an easy to access thing? Otherwise I think I'm going for the grand tour of every single room in the game so far.

pray for my aunt
Feb 13, 2012

14980c8b8a96fd9e279796a61cf82c9c
Oh man, I thought I was super stuck but I managed to whoopsie-doodle my way into the fourth sigil. Excited for progress.

pray for my aunt fucked around with this message at 12:25 on Aug 6, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Amppelix posted:

Horus mentioned a mantra map, is that an easy to access thing?

It's one of the most complicated puzzles in the game

The Brahma puzzle in Ancient Chaos