Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Watching WOS week two, and I can appreciate the relatively limited talking segments, even if you're doing a WWE inspired product, but the short matches feel like a mistake. As does doing a ladder match if you're not actually going to be allowed to show anyone getting hit by a ladder.

Also, not sure if I like or hate Val on commentary.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps
The cutting away during the ladder shots was silly. You're right. What's the point booking a ladder match if you can't show it?

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??

Gaz-L posted:

Watching WOS week two, and I can appreciate the relatively limited talking segments, even if you're doing a WWE inspired product, but the short matches feel like a mistake. As does doing a ladder match if you're not actually going to be allowed to show anyone getting hit by a ladder.

Also, not sure if I like or hate Val on commentary.

Val pointing out that Bea was the “real life” girlfriend of will osprey annoyed me ...

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
She also made some very Mauro pun about Robbie X that I'm ambivalent about.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
Just got back from Progress Philly. Show was amazing, legit thought somebody died at the end of the main event for a second

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/allan_cheapshot/status/1025787127739629568

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

Dangerous Person posted:

Just got back from Progress Philly. Show was amazing, legit thought somebody died at the end of the main event for a second

Seconded. Show absolutely ruled. Each match delivered something different, everyone came off as stars.

Any time that Progress comes to the states and is in reasonable travel distance to me, I’m going to try to make it out.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

this poo poo when through post-edit and someone though maybe constantly angle correction shots weren't distracting enough so they threw in an overhead shot.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Dangerous Person posted:

All this and Jimmy Lloyd getting in a fistfight with DJ Hyde in the lobby and having to be pulled apart by security!

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Lumbermouth posted:

All this and Jimmy Lloyd getting in a fistfight with DJ Hyde in the lobby and having to be pulled apart by security!

For an angle or legit?

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

coconono posted:

For an angle or legit?

YOU MAKE THE CALL

https://twitter.com/combatzone/status/1026109650654162944

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

coconono posted:

For an angle or legit?

Who loving knows? The guards that pulled Lloyd out were 2300 employees, so at least that part wasn't a work.

EDIT: Blergh.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Work. Lame.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

I did not consent to being part of a CZW storyline, what the hell guys.

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

This does not include one of the funnier sights of the night, presumably before this angle, where I was walking by the merch table before I left, and overheard/ saw DJ Hyde trying to put himself over to Progress’s Merch Lady.

“I’m the OWNER of C-Z-W...”

What a doofus.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
You know what the problem with WOS is, beyond the camera stuff? They're booking like it's a holiday camp show. So you throw a bunch of stuff that's cool to see if you're going as part of your trip to Butlin's, like ooooh, a title match or a ladder match, but there's no sense of a continuing angle because, well, why bother when the punters are going to be different next week and you can just run the same show?

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
https://twitter.com/Nicklo2k/status/1026196851740037122
Love that the guy from my hometown who I went to high school with is a homophobic chud who obsesses with getting REAL HEAT

achillesforever6 fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Aug 5, 2018

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

Lykos broke his collarbone.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

OGB posted:

I'm beginning to think that boy is straight up cursed.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

achillesforever6 posted:

https://twitter.com/Nicklo2k/status/1026196851740037122
Love that the guy from my hometown who I went to high school with is a homophobic chud who obsesses with getting REAL HEAT

Said real heat was referring to the fans as faggots, homos and retards with down syndrome.

Lid fucked around with this message at 05:03 on Aug 6, 2018

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Lumbermouth posted:

I'm beginning to think that boy is straight up cursed.
Seriously.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Lid posted:

Said real heat was referring to the fans as faggots, homos and retards with down syndrome.

That's one of the only times I'd be OK with someone jumping the guard rail and rushing the ring (to confront, not to fight!)

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

OGB posted:

He was back selling merch by the end of the show so hopefully it isn't too bad.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006

Gumball Gumption posted:

**in a sling

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

Gumball Gumption posted:

I was at scrapper mania the show which was the last time he hosed himself up for months, he was selling merch there too.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Yeah, I missed the sling. I literally just saw him as I was leaving the building and had heard he left to the hospital after his match so I assumed getting in and out of an ER in under 3 hours meant things were not that bad.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Arm in a sling is standard once you break your collarbone

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

getting through an ER visit in under 3 hours is nothing short of remarkable.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

It happened in Boston so he probably chose to go to an ER for non-racists(no line)

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

We were talking about The Chase in here earlier and now The Beast is trying to work an angle with one of the WoS guys.

https://twitter.com/WOSWrestling/status/1027124974862127104?s=19

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

Signed up for Demand Progress. Any show recommendations?

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

OGB posted:

If you've got the time, following Jimmy Havoc's story arc from the beginning is worthwhile.

More recently, WALTER/Thatcher from January is one of the best matches this year and the Super Strong Style 16 is up there with the NJ Cup as far as knockout tournaments this year go.

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

If you've got the time, following Jimmy Havoc's story arc from the beginning is worthwhile.

More recently, WALTER/Thatcher from January is one of the best matches this year and the Super Strong Style 16 is up there with the NJ Cup as far as knockout tournaments this year go.

I was thinking my first priorities would be Super Strong Style 16, Chapter 55 and Chapter 36. Thanks for the additional recommendations!

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

OGB posted:

If you want to start with watching the modern PROGRESS era, Chapter 39 is a good jumping-off point. It's the show immediately post-Haskins relinquishing the belt due to injury and it's where Dunne and British Strong Style really come into their own as main eventers.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

RevPro just announced a TV taping out of nowhere

https://twitter.com/RevProUK/status/1028340562674556933

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Now THAT is intriguing. ZSJ and Ospreay, Suzuki and Ishii, plus the homegrown talent is the polar opposite of what Shane and co are doing with WOS. Depending on penetration and the overheads, this could be interesting.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

rovert and von linus, neither of you told me we'd be singing the national anthem

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??
Dropped in on an LDN show last night, good little touring promotion with some fun wrestlers check em out if they come your way, usually pretty reasonable for tickets.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

All of LIJ except Hiromu are going to be at OTT in Dublin on October 13 for anyone not at this show who'd want to go to that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
I don't really care about Absolute Andy, but his promo on ZSJ on Shotgun had me laughing like an idiot:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBBluPeP26M