Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lazyhound
Mar 1, 2004

A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous—got me?

topenga posted:

I am sad today, my friends. I attended church and found what I needed then I passed by the lovely rotisserie chickens. This would make a great dinner and lunches for a couple days, thought I!

I brought home the sacred bird, fixed up some sides, then cut into the famed poultry.

It was raw.

poo poo happens, but man, I was so looking forward to that chicken.
Do you mean it was a bit pink inside? Because colour isn’t a predictor of safety in cooked poultry. .

quote:

15. Why is some cooked poultry pink?
Chemical changes occur during cooking. Oven gases in a heated gas or electric oven react chemically with hemoglobin in the meat tissues to give it a pink tinge. Often meat of younger birds shows the most pink because their thinner skins permit oven gases to reach the flesh. Older animals have a fat layer under their skin, giving the flesh added protection from the gases. Older poultry may be pink in spots where fat is absent from the skin. Also, nitrates and nitrites, which are often used as preservatives or may occur naturally in the feed or water supply used, can cause a pink color.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
speaking of staples, what are the year-after-year staples that people get anyways, or like common reason-to-go-if-out-staple?

costco tp
costco paper towels
box of sparkling water
box of unsalted butter (freeze it)
crate of cagefree eggs
costco mexican cheese blend (freeze one)
uncooked tortillas
box of 10 gal garbage bags (usually only need to buy a box like once every 3 years tho)
costco pre-cut sheets of aluminum foil
costco cling wrap( usually like once every 3 years)
ziplock bags
costco shampoo
costo conditioner
costco bodywash (the 2-pack thing is insane)
tide advanced power something laundry poo poo
tide blue dish soap
whatever dishwasher pods are on sale (i think the powerball?)
feminine hygiene poo poo for the gf
the 2-pack of unbleached organic flour or something
20lb bag of basmatti rice (usually like once every 2-3 years)
usually block of tillimook sharp chedder or cabot extra sharp, twin-pack of parmesean, the feta in that rectangular container

normandy blend and usually baby spinach. not otherwise a fan of much of their produce compared to just getting on as-needed from my cheap asian-ran produce market, a few blocks down besides strawberries or lil cuties (sometimes)

i still only go like maybe 10x a year tops b/c its too busy to bother with, so that probably plays a factor in mostly getting stuff that's more staple-oriented instead of perishables, like poo poo i could get at like target, but much higher quality and cheaper per unit/quantity price

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Xaris posted:

speaking of staples, what are the year-after-year staples that people get anyways, or like common reason-to-go-if-out-staple?

costco tp
costco paper towels
box of sparkling water
box of unsalted butter (freeze it)
crate of cagefree eggs
costco mexican cheese blend (freeze one)
uncooked tortillas
box of 10 gal garbage bags (usually only need to buy a box like once every 3 years tho)
costco pre-cut sheets of aluminum foil
costco cling wrap( usually like once every 3 years)
ziplock bags
costco shampoo
costo conditioner
costco bodywash (the 2-pack thing is insane)
tide advanced power something laundry poo poo
tide blue dish soap
whatever dishwasher pods are on sale (i think the powerball?)
feminine hygiene poo poo for the gf
the 2-pack of unbleached organic flour or something
20lb bag of basmatti rice (usually like once every 2-3 years)
usually block of tillimook sharp chedder or cabot extra sharp, twin-pack of parmesean, the feta in that rectangular container

normandy blend and usually baby spinach. not otherwise a fan of much of their produce compared to just getting on as-needed from my cheap asian-ran produce market, a few blocks down besides strawberries or lil cuties (sometimes)

i still only go like maybe 10x a year tops b/c its too busy to bother with, so that probably plays a factor in mostly getting stuff that's more staple-oriented instead of perishables, like poo poo i could get at like target, but much higher quality and cheaper per unit/quantity price

Pretty much everything you can get a Costco pack of, I do. Toothpaste, deodorant, rubbing alcohol, rubber gloves, bacon, rice, onions, steaks.

I just bought some Costco "bath sheets" and it's like drying yourself off with a blanket after a shower. They're great.

durrneez
Feb 20, 2013

I like fish. I like to eat fish. I like to brush fish with a fish hairbrush. Do you like fish too?

Xaris posted:

Vinegar, rubbing alcohol, hydrogen peroxide, raw tail on shrimp in the frozen section, pesto

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:

Xaris posted:

its the best cheapest tp you can buy and basically wiping your rear end with a microfiber cloth. between costco tp , paper towels, and box of crystal geyser sparklng water for like $3, i p much buy offf my membership right there. the tp and paper towels are insanely good

i will have to check out the moist flushable wipes tho, never considered it

also you will only have to buy tp like once a year at the minimum

They (the wipes) are incredibly good.

killer crane
Dec 30, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

I can't trust my wife to go to the co without me. The Scott brand institutional toilet paper (individually wrapped) was priced significantly less per roll than even the Kirkland's. It's single ply, and the worst tp I've ever encountered; I would donate it, but that seems like a punishment to whoever gets it. We're going to suffer through for the next 6 months.

Brothers, not every deal at Costco is the same, sometimes it's a curse. Heed my warning, don't let this fate befall your house! Buy Kirkland's tp.

topenga
Jul 1, 2003

Lazyhound posted:

Do you mean it was a bit pink inside? Because colour isn’t a predictor of safety in cooked poultry. .

Nope. There was no "a bit pink". It was quite raw. I know what straight up raw chicken looks like (I have hosed up my fair share of chickens. Those poor birds did not deserve that). Also the juices were not clear, they were still pink.

I did contact Costco through chat last night (The store was closed by the time I realized) and they said they would pass along my concern and for me to return it today for a refund. It's not even about the refund, I just wanted to let them know something might be up with this batch.

PBUC!

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

Ottermotive Insanity posted:

I can't trust my wife to go to the co without me. The Scott brand institutional toilet paper (individually wrapped) was priced significantly less per roll than even the Kirkland's. It's single ply, and the worst tp I've ever encountered; I would donate it, but that seems like a punishment to whoever gets it. We're going to suffer through for the next 6 months.

Brothers, not every deal at Costco is the same, sometimes it's a curse. Heed my warning, don't let this fate befall your house! Buy Kirkland's tp.

Scott's single ply is exclusively what my dad buys. My mom will go buy her own TP and bring it to the bathroom she's using

The Costco tp is good

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Ottermotive Insanity posted:

That Scott stuff is the exact same thing you find at cheap hotels. I always get the Charmin, but maybe next time I'll try the Kirkland branded one; I was always worried it was more like the Scott instead of the Charmin.

And you should donate it to a local homeless/women's shelter. They'll appreciate it even if it's not the highest quality.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

binge crotching posted:

That Scott stuff is the exact same thing you find at cheap hotels. I always get the Charmin, but maybe next time I'll try the Kirkland branded one; I was always worried it was more like the Scott instead of the Charmin.

And you should donate it to a local homeless/women's shelter. They'll appreciate it even if it's not the highest quality.

You would abuse those poor ladies twice?

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

You would abuse those poor ladies twice?

lol

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
Does it count as domestic abuse if my wife willingly chooses to buy Scott?

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

belt posted:

What’s the word on Kirkland toilet paper. I’m gonna need some more shortly and buying that much toilet paper is quite a commitment for someone that lives alone.

The toilet paper is excellent and I live alone and buy it myself.

Taima posted:

Consider getting the Kirkland moist flushable wipes. They are so good. Everyone who has given the wipes an honest try at my house has been fully converted. You'll never use gross dry wood fiber to wipe your rear end in a top hat again.

Wisdom right here. The toilet paper mixed with a flushable wipe is fantastic butt cleansing practice.

fdjkbnadjnbkjldaf posted:

Can someone explain to me why a thread on costco is over 10,000 posts long. Is it because capitalism won, or that costco has such excellent deals. If this is a thread against capitalism then I can understand why it's so long.

This thread is actually for capitalism. That is, capitalism done right. And Costco is one of the few companies on this planet that pulls that off.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

Renegret posted:

Does it count as domestic abuse if my wife willingly chooses to buy Scott?

Then it's considered BDSM.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
Now you're speaking my language

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

therobit posted:

Then it's considered BDSM.

BMSM?

Jack Skeleton
Dec 7, 2006
Went to a newly opened location today. Food court line was a mess while I was walking in but they have two lines dedicated for a Kiosk pick up. Went inside, bought my usual rotisserie chicken and some staples, breezed through the kiosk for a burger and made life so much easier.

On that note, this same shopping area is building a chick-fil-a and In-n-out. So this was probably the first and only time I'll ever get the burger. Kinda disappointed in it.

The North Tower
Aug 20, 2007

You should throw it in the ocean.
Trip report: Bay Area locations seem to have onion dispenser still. Locations: Sunnyvale, mountain view, San Francisco, south San Jose 101/85 locations.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
Atlanta location lost the dispenser but then it came back.... me thinks the congregation cried out in pain and was heard on high

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
At the 'co right now in south east Wisconsin taking communion. Onion situation optimal.

Got 2 boxes of the Premier Protein shakes to rfill. 30g of protein. That's more than most powders. They didn't have my bananas and cream so I'm trying the vanilla and caramel flavors.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
The caramel is good. Not too strong. I drink one with my coffee every morning at work. I go vanilla or caramel usually.

topenga
Jul 1, 2003

Pennywise the Frown posted:

At the 'co right now in south east Wisconsin taking communion. Onion situation optimal.

Got 2 boxes of the Premier Protein shakes to rfill. 30g of protein. That's more than most powders. They didn't have my bananas and cream so I'm trying the vanilla and caramel flavors.

Vanilla is quite nice.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

I’m about to partake in the forbidden communion; combo slice and a dog + refill

milkman dad
Aug 13, 2007

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

I’m about to partake in the forbidden communion; combo slice and a dog + refill

Is the forbidden communion when you insert a dog into a chicken bake?

The North Tower
Aug 20, 2007

You should throw it in the ocean.

milkman dad posted:

Is the forbidden communion when you insert a dog into a chicken bake?

I think that's Reform, but it might be Pentecostco. It's been a while.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

:haw:

luchajones
Jan 28, 2018

I have no beard, and I must scream
When is Costco gonna get new belts in? They just sold out of all the Levi ones but didnt have any of the Kirkland.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
My Costco got the Sherpa throws in today. I can't wait to buy another one.

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

Jingleheimer posted:

ahhh poo poo it's that time of the year

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Jingleheimer posted:

:stoked:

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

I can report a positive sighting of an onion dispenser at Mall of Georgia Costco. Still no Naanwiches. :(

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
My sherpa is in use year round. I use my laptop on my couch so when I play a game I use a mouse and I scrunch up the blanket near the armrest to have a nice flat surface for the mouse pad holder thing.

Whiskey_Dick
Feb 10, 2009
Last weekend I bought two 4k TVs from Costco because they were on sale, and the tags in store were even cheaper than advertised online.

I used to joke about buying tvs in bulk...

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Whiskey_Dick posted:

Last weekend I bought two 4k TVs from Costco because they were on sale, and the tags in store were even cheaper than advertised online.

I used to joke about buying tvs in bulk...

congrats on your new massive computer monitors

this is the only use that i can come up with for two 4k TVs

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

The bulgogi mandu they sell in the frozen section are amazing. Pretty good sized pillows of deliciousness, and a serving of 4 is only 280 calories.

Definitely buying them again when I go back, the naanwiches are nothing compared to them.

Whiskey_Dick
Feb 10, 2009

Chinatown posted:

congrats on your new massive computer monitors

this is the only use that i can come up with for two 4k TVs

I am currently watching "Trailer Park Boys" in disgusting UHD

Frozen mixed vegetable cocks

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Coredump posted:

Still no Naanwiches. :(

They don't have them here either. :respek:

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

binge crotching posted:

The bulgogi mandu

The what? I don't think i have seen these but I want to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:

luchajones posted:

When is Costco gonna get new belts in? They just sold out of all the Levi ones but didnt have any of the Kirkland.

I am wearing one of the leather grain Kirkland belts right this minute. PBUC.

edit: also shorts I bought at Costco, what a life.