Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
eke out
Feb 24, 2013

lol the adam schiff thing is nearly defamation. he's the loving ranking member of a committee and was "caught" trying to set up witness testimony

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

the president quoting lies from an nra psychopath rules.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Tibalt posted:

I think it was because Helsinki was so bizarre, but on top of that there was a clear narrative set up. There was a clear setup for a "Trump repudiates Putin in attempt to put Russia Issue behind him" that I'm sure a dozen journalist already had the story written.

Then the day comes and Trump just... didn't do it. I feel like part of the breathlessness was because we were getting the editor approved version of Hot Takes that conflicted with a week's worth of administrative prep. Also the collective head slap of Republican politicians as they mutter "You had one fricking job".

Pretty much, Helsinki was a layup for Trump. Everyone on the right expected big strong daddy to go there and say his usual 'I wanna be friends with everyone' bullshit but also 'but yea if they mess with us we'll hold them accountable' and that would be all they need to go 'see no collusion it's all handled you're all dumb' for another month.

He completely botched it though, and then botched the rear end covering. It's really amazing, I don't even give a poo poo about Russia poo poo and I loved it just because it was such a great series of own goals.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

A.I. Borgland Corp posted:

I have never seen anyone argue very well WHY Chicago style isn't pizza.

The only main differences:

1) much thicker crust(good, since bread is the best ingredient)
2) the meat, rather than spread over the top in pieces, is one solid layer
3) The meat is underneath the cheese

If you want bad pizza in Illinois order some loving Monocles. God drat I hate monocles so much and my in-laws order it every time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LaA5dNFrFMI&hd=1

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

sexpig by night posted:

Pretty much, Helsinki was a layup for Trump. Everyone on the right expected big strong daddy to go there and say his usual 'I wanna be friends with everyone' bullshit but also 'but yea if they mess with us we'll hold them accountable' and that would be all they need to go 'see no collusion it's all handled you're all dumb' for another month.

He completely botched it though, and then botched the rear end covering. It's really amazing, I don't even give a poo poo about Russia poo poo and I loved it just because it was such a great series of own goals.

Trump's entire team was against the Helsinki trip from the start, especially as it had no clear policy goals or agenda. It was Trump's idea start to finish.

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

Jet's Pizza is godawful

Phobic Nest
Oct 2, 2013

You Are My Sunshine
I think my favorite conspiracy dude actually isn't in the q unified theory.

Andy knows about all this because he was part of a group of children sent to Mars and elsewhere via Tesla teleporters and time machines. However Obama was also one of the participants and isn't particularly sinister in this story so it probably can't be fitted into all the deep dish state nonsense very well. He does also want the government to release their info on bigfoot and plenty of other theories in q's chart so his possible omission is disappointing.

Data Graham posted:

Kubrick shot the footage on location on the moon

Andy would probably be agreeable to that idea. He's said he's not sure whether the moon landing was real, and wouldn't you be skeptical of using rockets to get there when you could just blip on over to the moon in your Tesla-porter anytime?

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Trump's entire team was against the Helsinki trip from the start, especially as it had no clear policy goals or agenda. It was Trump's idea start to finish.

they apparently even did their best to prepare him to do some token dunking to look good for the media, which signifies the kind of awareness of what a shitshow it would be that's incredibly rare for them

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
*Brusts into thread breathless, notes spilling into the wind*
As resident Pizza historian I am here to settle your pizza concerns: Deepdish is an evolution of "pan" pizza, and is very good. My personal favorite deepdish is Lou Malnati's because it's a literal Frisbee of sausage atop a butter crust with cheese and sauce.
NY's floppy pizza is closer to the original pizzas because that's clearly the food of the proletariat.
California pizza is trash. Period.
Most other regions have varying degrees of convergent evolution from Neopolitan pizza to what amounts to a crispier frozen pizza.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
Y'all need to try Turkish pide. It's like pizza, but shaped like a boat.

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

I would like to reiterate how loving odd Helsinki was. Just... why? It's weird, has bad optics, and didn't achieve anything. So why did Trump do it?

Lol because brain worms and pee tape

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

DreamShipWrecked posted:

But collusion is not a crime?

It is if Hillary does it.

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich

AsInHowe posted:

Just to explain what this is, Disney has a semi-private club at their theme parks for people who spend big money, or sponsors.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Club_33

It's like tying in a stupid frat's hazing rituals as part of a global conspiracy.

I had dinner at club 33 when I was a teenager. A company took my mom there to try to woo her into working for them. One of their young employees that was able to come along got drunk and puked off of the Club 33 balcony during Fantasmic.

It wasn’t a great career move for him.

She didn’t take the job.

Lobster bisque was excellent, though.

Helen Highwater
Feb 19, 2014

And furthermore
Grimey Drawer

Milosh posted:

All pizza is good but different levels of good.

So you're saying that the truth... is somewhere in the middle?

ought ten
Feb 6, 2004

“Looking forward to the IG report” is a qanon thing, right?

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

Tibalt posted:

I would like to reiterate how loving odd Helsinki was. Just... why? It's weird, has bad optics, and didn't achieve anything. So why did Trump do it?

Lol because brain worms and pee tape

I mean Trump walked away from it talking about how tough he is on Russia so he probably thinks it's a brilliant masterstroke of optics.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Helen Highwater posted:

So you're saying that the truth... is somewhere in the middle?

The best thing I've heard on the subject is that pizza is like sex, even when it's bad it's still pretty good

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

Crow Jane posted:

The best thing I've heard on the subject is that pizza is like sex, even when it's bad it's still pretty good

and in neither case should a fish smell be involved

Phobic Nest
Oct 2, 2013

You Are My Sunshine

Crow Jane posted:

goethe.cx posted:

Something about pineapple to make it tastier

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

goethe.cx posted:

You've clearly never had the smoked salmon and roe pizza this place that used to be near me (:rip:) made

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Crow Jane posted:

I mostly have it alone in a dark room

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

CascadeBeta posted:

I cannot believe the response to the President saying "yeah we saught out information on an election opponent from a hostile foreign power" isn't immediate impeachment proceedings. Our loving world sucks.

Well thankfully Republicans have a dedicated propaganda wing to explain how this is really nothing. Then the personality cult covers the rest.
Maybe the regular people that vote R aren't all shitbags that vote based on a single issue like guns or because Republicans oppress the gently caress out of "others" while the dummies ignore they get it too, but jesus christ the fact they'd vote for this orange dyed gently caress stick in a lovely suit with all the bullshit he pulled prior, during, and after election and aren't out there screaming for him to knock it the gently caress off makes them shitbags

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

The only way to solve this is regional pizza battles. Only limitation is you must hand craft dough.

Let the Iron Pizza Battles begin.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Crow Jane posted:

And the addition on pineapples rarely improves it.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

"Collusion is not a crime, unless Hillary does it! Very stable genius Bigly MAGA!"

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

DreamShipWrecked posted:

True, who would ever think a sweet, acidic fruit would be good on a pizza, so bizarre. Next you'll be telling me tomatoes are involved, crazy.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

DreamShipWrecked posted:

Pineapple on pizza owns.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Neo Rasa posted:

True, who would ever think a sweet, acidic fruit would be good on a pizza, so bizarre. Next you'll be telling me tomatoes are involved, crazy.

The hostility to ham and pineapple pizza is just bizarre

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Crow Jane posted:

West coast privilege.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord
re: food authenticity.

No food is authentic and all food evolves and if you go to the real country a food is from they neither eat the americanized version NOR typically the traditional food people in the US talk about as 'authentic' and generally have their own food evolution just as much as we have had.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

AhhYes posted:

Edit: Pizza is good, full stop. Chicago, NY, squares, triangles, sauce on top, sauce on bottom. All good. I've yet to have a sauce, cheese, meat and dough combo that wasn't great.

My man!

quote:

Also calzone is pizza.

Whoa, wait...the gently caress is this bullshit?!

Only pizza I've had that really doesn't encourage me to go for more are the super low fast food versions like Little Caesar's and Hungry Howie's. Caesar's was good long ago, and Howie's is just spaghetti sauce and sliced cheese on a piece of toast.
I will admit Chicago does an awesome deep dish.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

I really don't get it, like at all. And I say that as someone that literally grew up in an Italian+Sicilian family in Bensonhurst and as someone who also makes pizza from scratch once a week like my folks did.

I used to think the hostility to fish/seafood on a pizza was bizarre because that's literally been at thing forever, but I can at least understand that like okay yeah someone dislikes seafood obviously they wouldn't want it on a pizza and be grossed out by it. But the actual hostility and anger people have about pineapple is just crazy.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
Everyone should give eat-in Pizza Hut one last go while they still can. They've still got the big red cups.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

White people are terrified of cooked fruit outside of desserts.

Wylie
Jun 27, 2005

Ever to conquer, never to yield.

Ham (or its close cousin, "Canadian bacon") is a top-tier pizza topping. Pineapple is also great, just not on pizza. It should be, ideally, mixed with rum. Pineapple on pizza is a waste, just like this dumb pizza derail in the thread about our big smart president who totally didn't do a whole bunch of crimes and then tweet about them.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Dominos should exit the pizza business and focus entirely on infrastructure projects

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
I feel personally attacked by pizza chat right now. My wife put turkey pepperoni and mozzarella in eggs and called it a "pizza frittata" on Sunday and I'm honestly considering divorce

EugeneDebsWasCool
Nov 10, 2017
Buglord

twice burned ice posted:

As a Chicago resident who ordered deep dish with 4 other Chicago residents less than a week ago, you're wrong.

I bet you live in Schaumburg and tell people you're from Chicago

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

Wylie posted:

"Dan Bongino" sounds like a Sacha Baron Cohen character name.

I always think of Oingo Boingo myself.

♪ It's a dead man's party / who could ask for more ♫

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

haveblue posted:

Dominos should exit the pizza business and focus entirely on infrastructure projects

Having an infrastructure company named after something that is frequently set up to topple over in a chain reaction is probably not a good PR move though :v:

• Locked thread