Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
all the female characters being such waifus makes them all feel real samey

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Geralt should get a silver sword damage bonus against Lizardman

I was watching an Aris stream of the game and that little stand-up you get at the end of Geralt's igni chain looked incredibly cheap.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Negan from Walking Dead is new Tekken guest character, wtf

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Another season with no kiryu

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Anna and Lei look great and Negan is such a lol pick. Season 2 character pack already looks more interesting than the last one

My Crab is Fight
Mar 13, 2007
I would have laughed in your face if you told me that any tv character is getting in Tekken. Goddamn :allbuttons:

edit: Can we get Jon Snow in Soul Calibur then?

My Crab is Fight fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Aug 6, 2018

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Harada please

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy
Cross-posting from Tekken thread because gently caress it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sy3BHkOA6eM

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
lmao

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
what the gently caress, the posts I saw about that on twitter weren't a joke?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
At least we all know what his Rage Art is gonna be.

Baba Yaga Fanboy
May 18, 2011

Glenn appears just in time for Negan to beat him to death with the bat; his eye flies towards the other player and hits them for 75% damage

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Should have just been Lucille on her own.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
https://twitter.com/ranmasama/status/1026254978925514753?s=19

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

Other Dragonball FighterZ trailers have been cool, but this one's Cooler.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=niJCdvee6N8

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

:smugdon:

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

So evo is making me want to dip back into the fgc. What game is the most scrub friendly? I have sf5(ps4) and dbfz(pc)

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Doggles posted:

Other Dragonball FighterZ trailers have been cool, but this one's Cooler.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=niJCdvee6N8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UoFuueHdb3c&t=625s

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
sf5 is probably the easier of the two, but pick a game based on how much fun it looks to you rather than what's easier. doing the latter is a surefire way to get bored and quit, whereas the former will keep you playing and learning

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Countblanc posted:

sf5 is probably the easier of the two, but pick a game based on how much fun it looks to you rather than what's easier. doing the latter is a surefire way to get bored and quit, whereas the former will keep you playing and learning

Tekken 7 and GG it is then.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
hell yeah gamer

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

What's the PC Guilty Gear scene like, is it all arranging matches in discord?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

What's the PC Guilty Gear scene like, is it all arranging matches in discord?

Every fighting game is arranging games in discord, playing randoms online will never get you anywhere really

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

In Training posted:

Every fighting game is arranging games in discord, playing randoms online will never get you anywhere really

I disagree. Online is where you're going to get firsthand experience with the most gimmicky bullshit in the game. Learning how to beat those players is absolutely necessary.

If you can't beat the Ryu player who does nothing but crossup air tatsumaki all day what hope do you have to beat someone who actually knows what the gently caress they're doing?

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

Tekken, at least at the level I'm at, has good netcode and puts you in matches that can keep going as long as both parties want to keep fighting.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Here's all the poo poo that got announced at or around Evo, lemme know if I missed anything:

Tekken 7 Season 2 - system changes and several other characters including Anna, Lei and Negan from Walking Dead

Street Fighter 5 - G and Sagat, out tomorrow

DBFZ extended trailer with Base Goku, Base Vegeta & Cooler

Soul Calibur 6 - Astaroth and Seung Mina revealed

Arcsys announced the ArcRevo World Tour and reconfirmed there's a new Guilty Gear in the works

Blazblue Cross Tag Battle character packs 4, 5 and 6 revealed, out tomorrow, they also teased a new franchise for future DLC and it's probably Senran Kagura

Fighting EX Layer - Terry Bogard announced as future DLC, plus a Nesica2 port that'll be released in both Japan and North America, they also showed WIP footage of Pullum Purna and Vulcano Rosso, out for free late this month/early next month

Dead or Alive 6 - Rig and new character Diego reveal, plus teases for a Hitomi & Liefang reveal at Gamescom

The Arcsys-published Kill la Kill arena fighter was at Evo, they also streamed a bunch of footage

Bad Smash-like Brawlout is coming to PS4 & XB1 on August 21, with an XB1-exclusive "party mode", they're also adding Dead Cells guy this fall

Probably-bad South American horror fighting game Omen of Sorrow - Adam and Imhotep reveal trailer

Windjammers announced for Switch, out later this year

Smash Ultimate Direct with Sakurai at August 8, 10AM Eastern

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

keep yr head up, problem girl

Ending slides on that trailer also briefly teased Area (1:29) and Sharon (1:36).

And iirc, Arc technically only announced that Daisuke was working on "something guilty gear related," which could be anything. Maybe some DLC, or Rev3, or a full-blown X4, or idk a tie-in mobage.

gutterdaughter fucked around with this message at 11:32 on Aug 6, 2018

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Gutter Owl posted:

And iirc, Arc technically only announced that Daisuke was working on "something guilty gear related," which could be anything. Maybe some DLC, or Rev3, or a full-blown X4, or idk a tie-in mobage.

Possibly, yeah, but he's been talking about his goals for the next game for a little while now so I tend to think it'll be a true sequel and not another revision or spinoff.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Finally, a feature length version of the Guilty Gear X anime.

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

Finally, a sequel to the hit Xbox 360 game Guilty Gear 2: Overture

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Oh, I forgot to mention it and I haven't seen any footage but apparently the Switch port of OG Guilty Gear was playable at Evo as well, I hope they haven't tried to fix it in any way.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

l o l

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I've had enough!

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Is it because it's Bayo specifically or just because everyone is playing the same character?

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Potsticker posted:

Is it because it's Bayo specifically or just because everyone is playing the same character?

Yes.

Parachute
May 18, 2003
lol omen of sorrow looks rad as hell more horror fighting games please

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

is that really a protest or just boredom

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

In Training posted:

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

The new characters are out on PSN for BBTag

Time to drop both characters I was playing and learn new ones!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"
I love Nine the Phantom and I hope she’s just as strong as she was in CF