Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Mr.Radar posted:

On the content front, Creationist Cat can be hit or miss but their latest video about the She-Ra reboot "controversy" is very on-point:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDu004tYiIw

Still blows my mind that people give that much of a poo poo about She-Ra. I watched He-Man and She-Ra when I was a kid but can't actually remember what happened in any of the episodes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC

bessantj posted:

Still blows my mind that people give that much of a poo poo about She-Ra. I watched He-Man and She-Ra when I was a kid but can't actually remember what happened in any of the episodes.

They don't, it's just another front in the culture war. Like the crying about Star Wars, or that Bill Nye show, all the same sob stories about how it REALLY MEANT SOMETHING IN MY LIFE until the SJWs/Liberals/Deep State/All the Above ruined it.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

The people crying the hardest about SheRa are dudes who would have sneered at SheRa for being "just a girl show" back in the 80's and refused to watch it.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

SteelMentor posted:

They don't, it's just another front in the culture war. Like the crying about Star Wars, or that Bill Nye show, all the same sob stories about how it REALLY MEANT SOMETHING IN MY LIFE until the SJWs/Liberals/Deep State/All the Above ruined it.

Even using it as another front in the culture war is embarrassing, but yeah it will get Sargon views.

Floppy drive on a smartphone from our favourite LGR:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iT1l8Dcjb1Y

Hel
Oct 9, 2012

Jokatgulm is tedium.
Jokatgulm is pain.
Jokatgulm is suffering.

Kim Justice posted:

My favourite Noah video is probably Custom Game, the one he did about various Half-Life mods.

Linear Zoetrope posted:

His Tyranny video was my favorite, I'd say try that one and check out if you don't like it.

Good recommendations and while they were interesting I think Noah just isn't for me, but hey there tons of stuff that is.

marathon Stairmaster sesh
Apr 28, 2009

ALL HAIL CEO NUGGET
1988-PRESENT

Bad news for future lessions from Eric:

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

All his channels got taken down. gently caress him.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Good, flush that bloated turd.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Mr.Radar posted:

On the content front, Creationist Cat can be hit or miss but their latest video about the She-Ra reboot "controversy" is very on-point:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDu004tYiIw

The rear end in a top hat asking a little girl, "How are you, young man?"

:wtc:

Her immediate response is GOLD tho. :laffo:

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

marathon Stairmaster sesh posted:

There's only one Alex Jones clip that matters, and it's the one where he's quietly having drinks with Milo Yiannopoulos until a crazy InfoWars fan comes to see him and he absolutely skulls his whisky in an effort to get out of there as soon as possible.

This clip wasn't on the official Jones channel or anything so nothing of value has been lost.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Kim Justice posted:

There's only one Alex Jones clip that matters, and it's the one where he's quietly having drinks with Milo Yiannopoulos until a crazy InfoWars fan comes to see him and he absolutely skulls his whisky in an effort to get out of there as soon as possible.

This clip wasn't on the official Jones channel or anything so nothing of value has been lost.

ya can't just describe a bit of comedy gold like that and not link it

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.
The Homestarrunner guys put up a kickstarter for a Trogdor themed board game and it's been a massive success:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rMCkNgHa3c

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
Big Joel talks about being unable to figure out how to beat Sinistar as a kid and how his perception of the game differed from others as a result.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

khwarezm posted:

The Homestarrunner guys put up a kickstarter for a Trogdor themed board game and it's been a massive success:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rMCkNgHa3c

cool, i hope they make more stuff now.

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

SatansBestBuddy posted:

ya can't just describe a bit of comedy gold like that and not link it

Ah of course, I apologise. Enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNHV9gmdWo0

Mr.Radar
Nov 5, 2005

You guys aren't going to believe this, but that guy is our games teacher.

marathon Stairmaster sesh posted:

The Daily Beast posted:

Jones claimed that he had expected the ban and had prepared for it. He urged his followers to react to the ban by buying more of his InfoWars dietary supplements, imploring them to “feed your gladiator.”

"I knew I was going to be banned so be sure to drink your Ovaltine buy more Brain Force Plus." The sheer audacity of this... just... :cripes:

Mr.Radar fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Aug 6, 2018

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

That's pretty good, but he had like no whisky left and the skull was clearly for show.

Trump kissing goblins is still my favourite vine.

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

Ghostlight posted:

That's pretty good, but he had like no whisky left and the skull was clearly for show.

Trump kissing goblins is still my favourite vine.

To be honest my favourite part is probably that the guy's going nutso over Alex Jones but utterly ignores Milo. Like, I can't imagine that being good for his ego...he's just there thinking "gee, not long ago I had all these assholes eating out the palm of my hand, now I'm the third loving wheel in this tire fire of cringe with Globalists McFrogsGayMan on a livestream".

That or the awkward "OH PLEASE HELP ME GOD" look Alex gives before pretending to skull a drink (which let's be honest is even funnier. And I dunno, it doesn't exactly seem like they're making plans to leave beforehand lol and then it's like RIGHT THANK YOU WE GOTTA SCRAM AAH FLAMETHROWERS GO GO GO GET ME THE gently caress OUT OF HERE"

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

did alex jones every believe any of the poo poo he said? because i am honestly not sure whats worse, did he do it all for money or did he actualy believe all the awful poo poo he said. i have seen things that show either could be true. there was a dollop on him sorta and it talked about how he became distrustful of authority and goverment when he found out the cops were doing illegal poo poo and a bunch of other poo poo.

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Didn't he claim it was all an act when he had to go to court for a custody battle?

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

BobbyK posted:

Didn't he claim it was all an act when he had to go to court for a custody battle?

He made a video (that I unfortunately can't find) right before his hearing bragging to his fans that he was bullshitting about playing a character.

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

BobbyK posted:

Yeah, I guess he'd pretty much have to. Not indicative of anything really, all paths are poo poo and it'd hardly be even remotely a shock if he was the biggest bullshitter of them all. There's endless reams of bullshit in all of these circles.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Was it he or Limbaugh that called the Irma that hit Florida a hoax (or fake new) while they were flying out of state on a private jet?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Dapper_Swindler posted:

did alex jones every believe any of the poo poo he said? because i am honestly not sure whats worse, did he do it all for money or did he actualy believe all the awful poo poo he said. i have seen things that show either could be true. there was a dollop on him sorta and it talked about how he became distrustful of authority and goverment when he found out the cops were doing illegal poo poo and a bunch of other poo poo.

im permabanned poster alexjones88. i first started being angry when i was about 24. by 26 i got really obsessed with the concept of "conspiracy" and tried to channel it constantly, until my thought process got really bizarre and i would repeat things like "gay frogs" and "i love pretending i believe in crisis actors" in my head for hours, and i would get really paranoid, start seeing things in the corners of my eyes etc, basically prodromal schizophrenia. im now on soy pills. i always wondered what the kind of "conspiracy" style of conservatism was all about; i think it's the unconscious leaking in to the conscious, what jungian theory considered to be the cause of schizophrenic and schizotypal syptoms. i would advise all people who "get" conservatism to be careful because that likely means you have a predisposition to a mental illness. peace.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Jimbot posted:

Was it he or Limbaugh that called the Irma that hit Florida a hoax (or fake new) while they were flying out of state on a private jet?

That was Rush. He literally finished his show telling people in Florida to stay put and go about their business as usual and then booked it for the airport because his house and studio were right in the hurricane's projected path, though it missed Rush's house and Mar-A-Lago because the moral arc of the universe bends towards evil.

lobster22221
Jul 11, 2017
https://www.theonion.com/alex-jones-returns-to-humble-roots-of-screaming-conspir-1828144517

God bless the onion.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

nine-gear crow posted:

That was Rush. He literally finished his show telling people in Florida to stay put and go about their business as usual and then booked it for the airport because his house and studio were right in the hurricane's projected path, though it missed Rush's house and Mar-A-Lago because the moral arc of the universe bends towards evil.

is rush even king of the conservatives anymore. i feel like he got dethroned but now the thrown is empty. i guess hannity.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

the king of the conservatives is trump, the talking heads like hannity and limbaugh don't even matter anymore when the president can just tweet out the same poo poo that they'd be saying

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Kim Justice posted:

Yeah, I guess he'd pretty much have to. Not indicative of anything really, all paths are poo poo and it'd hardly be even remotely a shock if he was the biggest bullshitter of them all. There's endless reams of bullshit in all of these circles.

I mean yeah, if he was legit just mentally ill I'd cut him a tiny bit of slack but the fact that he's just a manipulator who uses hate speech to make money makes him reprehensible.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Boogie literally can't not do this, he has an addiction

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Someone slap the YouTube logo onto the van, tia

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EN_VBc98dzg

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Have to give the benefit of the doubt to every bloviating piece of poo poo. The marketplace of ideas blah blah blah oh don’t raise your voice in slight frustration oh god oh god I can’t breathe mommy daddy don’t fight we can be a happy family I can make you both happy I just have to try harder oh getting dizzy now

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

sexpig by night posted:

Boogie literally can't not do this, he has an addiction

Oh my loving god.

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

Does Boogie know he can just... not talk? Like, just avoid public takes-heating?

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747
How's he going to get all that sweet positive reinforcement from his fans if he doesn't give his lovely opinion on everything that happens on the internet

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Hes just defining free speech

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Didn't it just come out a few weeks ago that Boogie's also a sexmonster who physically and emotionally abuses women? Guy got #MeToo'd with photos and everything but his groady fans brigaded the poor woman off the internet.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

nine-gear crow posted:

Didn't it just come out a few weeks ago that Boogie's also a sexmonster who physically and emotionally abuses women? Guy got #MeToo'd with photos and everything but his groady fans brigaded the poor woman off the internet.

He dated a nude model half his age and made her stop working so she could act as his personal nurse, yelled at her every day, and secretly dated other 20-year-olds while she was wiping his rear end for him and sorting his pills or whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Radar
Nov 5, 2005

You guys aren't going to believe this, but that guy is our games teacher.
Nyx Fears has a new video on a topic slightly outside her usual wheelhouse:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-D-iWeD4SVM

You can listen to the full album free here. It's pretty mind-bending. :psyduck: