Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
https://twitter.com/search?f=tweets&vertical=default&q=from%3Ajakeleader11%20to%3Awweasuka&src=typd

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Speaking of Wrestle Twitter, someone created their own version of the Evolution poster with a bit more diversity in it.

Naturally the replies are split. You have the majority who support or like the poster, and then you have those who hate it (racists/alt right). It's worth noting that Nia Jax apparently retweeted it as well, which brought attention to it while throwing shade at WWE.

https://twitter.com/WWECyberKing/status/1026189252219072512

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Aug 6, 2018

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest

y i k e s

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

more proof that watching WWE gives you brain worms.

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

coconono posted:

No I'm pretty sure he just has them.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

There have to be better photos of Alicia than that though.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Keep Ronnie Reagan away from this guy :stare:

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Jerusalem posted:

Keep Ronnie Reagan away from this guy :stare:

Make him meet Trump.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

projecthalaxy posted:

The villanous Ivan Wong worked that dude into a shoot brother.

Gotta give the dude some credit for finding the most gullible person of all time and working his rear end off to harass him for years, that’s some effort. He’s the Sacha Baron Cohen of bullies

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Aesop Poprock posted:

Gotta give the dude some credit for finding the most gullible person of all time and working his rear end off to harass him for years, that’s some effort. He’s the Sacha Baron Cohen of bullies

I'm pretty sure that guy is mentally challenged in some way, making this go from hilarious to kind of sad.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
Poor Becky Lynch. Not blond enough for WWE designers, not marginalized enough for Wrestling Twitter. Torn between two worlds :cry:

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

A guy named Paeter in 2018 has to be a gimmick account

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

dsriggs posted:

Poor Becky Lynch. Not blond enough for WWE designers, not marginalized enough for Wrestling Twitter. Torn between two worlds :cry:

She's Irish. That's the default character when you create a white person.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
https://twitter.com/KojimasBread/status/1026428601720336385

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Someone explain this meme it is an unfamiliar meme

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Someone explain this meme it is an unfamiliar meme

Ima keep it real with u Mel Mudkiper

It's just another bad meme

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Well you see Inokiism was good because the fights were like MMA and there weren't a lot of foreigners in the promotion

https://twitter.com/mookieghana/status/1026484736779345925

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

coconono posted:

Am not.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
lol "Pro Wrestling is the most free market enterprise there is!" *doesn't realize what a profound detriment that statement is"

EDIT: Wait seriously though is there an attempt to say the current golden era of NJPW is somehow actually bad

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Contrarian takes of "That thing everyone likes is bad" have always existed.

Edit: All these carnies likes Republicans is a blisteringly bad take if you think about it at all.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Mel Mudkiper posted:

lol "Pro Wrestling is the most free market enterprise there is!" *doesn't realize what a profound detriment that statement is"

EDIT: Wait seriously though is there an attempt to say the current golden era of NJPW is somehow actually bad

There are definitely a group of people who do not like the current NJPW and a lot of it seems to be older western fans who long for 90s stuff they first discovered and especially dislike the current roster of foreigners. "Indy geeks" is often a phrase used and they especially hate Bullet Club.

Odds are they also have found memories of Pride FC, from what I've seen on Twitter.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

You can think the BC is full of indie geeks and think NJPW is great.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Isnt the whole point of bullet club is that it's full of indy geeks

Like, that's its stated function.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Isnt the whole point of bullet club is that it's full of indy geeks

Like, that's its stated function.

it used to be a bunch of rowdy drunks corralled into one group so NJPW management could keep them out of jail. Then the Young Bucks joined.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

coconono posted:

Then the Young Bucks joined.

and they became the biggest stable since the nWo

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Almost.

NWO

Titus Worldwide

Bullet Club

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

achillesforever6 posted:

Well you see Inokiism was good because the fights were like MMA and there weren't a lot of foreigners in the promotion

https://twitter.com/mookieghana/status/1026484736779345925

Kane is a surprisingly erudite libertarian, and probably has more consistent theory in himself than probably the entire Republican caucus in Congress. The idea that he's in the mainstream of the GOP is, of course, complete bullshit.

Also if wrestling was unionised they probably wouldn't be bumping themselves into an early grave as much.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Kane's been on infowars. You can't be on infowars and smart.

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

Gumball Gumption posted:

The exception being Doug Stanhope's appearance where he poo poo all over Jones' conspiracy theories and asked how he could sign up to join the new world order.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

"Smart" is more of a continuum than a trait and it is extremely common for smart people to also be huge dumbasses.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Wrestlers are all huge morons so they use smart/libertarian interchangeably.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Wrestling is definitely a wild west free market in which one giant company controls almost everything of importance and locks people into long term contracts. The incredible freedom of WWE employees is unmatched!

I'm a big racist libertarian like Kane, but I don't support full anarchy, and therefore some regulation, such as crazy government intervention like "forcing WWE to call their employees employees, just like every other business in the country" would be good.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Kane believes in the state's monopoly on currency and the scary "globalists". He thinks everyone on welfare is a parasite. He has some incredibly bad political beliefs and it's good that all he won was local racist figure head. The Knoxville mayor and city council holds the majority of power in the country.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Gumball Gumption posted:

Kane believes in the state's monopoly on currency and the scary "globalists". He thinks everyone on welfare is a parasite. He has some incredibly bad political beliefs and it's good that all he won was local racist figure head. The Knoxville mayor and city council holds the majority of power in the country.

All it takes is him getting endorsed by someone above him and can be a senator or governor, though. Jesse Ventura was mayor of Brooklyn Park (which is essentially a suburb of Minneapolis) before he was Governor, and he rode in on the whole "Not a career politician" nonsense.

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

El Gallinero Gros posted:

All it takes is him getting endorsed by someone above him and can be a senator or governor, though. Jesse Ventura was mayor of Brooklyn Park (which is essentially a suburb of Minneapolis) before he was Governor, and he rode in on the whole "Not a career politician" nonsense.

I believe the Republican that was running for Governor in the race was hoping that Ventura would split the Democrat vote. So he was all for getting Ventura into the debates and might have even had people from his campaign donate money to Ventura's campaign.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

syzpid posted:

I believe the Republican that was running for Governor in the race was hoping that Ventura would split the Democrat vote. So he was all for getting Ventura into the debates and might have even had people from his campaign donate money to Ventura's campaign.

Sounds plausible but it's not like that could never happen again. And Kane seems less likely to be as obnoxious as Ventura.

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.

Gumball Gumption posted:

Kane's been on somethingawful. You can't be on somethingawful and smart.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Here's a dumb one.

https://twitter.com/tholzerman/status/1026654978356723712

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
But you see, Dave Bad. And I listen to ALL the Conrad Thompson podcasts, so I know!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Sounds plausible but it's not like that could never happen again. And Kane seems less likely to be as obnoxious as Ventura.

Kane is very much an open libertarian at this point and one thing I've learned about that ideology (especially on SA because they hosed SWARMED this site once upon a time) is never let their chill liberal social views deceive you. They are quite possibly more insane than the GOP on economic issues and once you go down that road with them there is no turning back or convincing them of other views.

I also agree we need to stop saying "he'll never make it far if he chooses to continue in politics" after mother-loving Trump won in 2016.

Justin Godscock fucked around with this message at 07:00 on Aug 7, 2018