Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Gutter Owl posted:

And iirc, Arc technically only announced that Daisuke was working on "something guilty gear related," which could be anything. Maybe some DLC, or Rev3, or a full-blown X4, or idk a tie-in mobage.

I demand more 45-minute cutscenes about pudding mysteries and demonic rocket farts.

Note: this is an actual thing in Rev 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.

darealkooky posted:

FF15 is a game where they put forward a survery for what new DLC/content that should've been in the game already people want next. Something that had choices like "the loving backstory of the main villian"

it might be the best game ever made in about 10 years when they're done adding new poo poo to it, but right now it's effectively a single player game in eternal open access, only every patch costs money

Actually, it's fine and good and satisfying.

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

punk rebel ecks posted:

Is FFXV worth playing if I enjoyed Persona 5 and Xenoblade 2?

I didn’t play xenoblade 2 but like all good and cool people I enjoyed persona so I’m gonna go with a solid “maybe”

Ffxv is not what I’d call an amazing game and I can’t even call it great without several huge caveats but the one thing it does really well is nail the “group of bros hanging out” dynamic like persona 5 has. Even better than persona 5 does imo. There’s a lot of rough spots but when I finally beat the game 70 hours in I didn’t regret my time spent at all. The royal edition has the dlc from the base game and fixes some obnoxious plot holes and stuff

If you ever play it I recommend the way I did it which is to get a chocobo as soon as you get access to them and just do a lap around the world while exploring and doing side quests. Do all the side quests when they come up each new chapter unless they sound really obnoxious and by the time you get bored of doing so the game will put you on a fast track to the end

E: also look up ffxv weapon tutorials on youtube, the combat system isn’t great but there’s a bit more depth than there appears at first

Ultramega
Jul 9, 2004

I thought this was the fighting game thread

quick edit: i'm playing merkava right now and he's great, his assists are a little weird but I think they compliment ruby a lot more than es. a couple things though; they didn't add the objectively best skin(yellow/black)from UNIST and he can't summon his creepy crawlies but other than that I'm happy with it.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

FF15 is a great road trip game wherein you and your bros tour the country and try to serve the people by way of your royal prowess. then halfway into the game you literally get railroaded into a morose, terrible sequence of forced locations, eradicating the jolly open world until a "time travel" mechanic later. the game is good until the latter half which is godawful and, at least at release, had a narrative that was loving nothing. It's also nothing like XC2 or Persona 5 so I wouldn't compare ANY of them with each other; completely different battle systems/narratives/mechanics/etc.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Ultramega posted:

I dunno, seems to be plenty of game fighting going on here!

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

Ultramega posted:

Noctius is in Tekken so therefore this is Tekken talk.

Edit - Should I just ask this question in the RPG thread?

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Yes.

Ultramega
Jul 9, 2004

punk rebel ecks posted:

Noctius is in Tekken so therefore this is Tekken talk.

Edit - Should I just ask this question in the RPG thread?

I get that but like after a page of people talking about FF 15 and persona 5 mechanics i gotta say something

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Rich Uncle Chet posted:

They could put in Seinfeld, when they could use this as an easy clone character for Negan:

Kramer for Tekken 7

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
god now I want it to happen

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Do that and also make a skin for Bob that's just Newman.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

Make Elaine an Eddy Gordo skin and when you randomly press buttons she just does her dance.

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

Kurtofan posted:

Kramer for Tekken 7

is his entrance slide a mid or a low

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Poniard posted:

is his entrance slide a mid or a low

Special Mid but a TON of plus frames on block

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Give Kramer all of Jack's animations.

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?
These hellsweeps... are making me salty

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

I don't understand the Negan pick at all tbh. What is some gently caress with a baseball bat going to do against people with martial arts super powers?

The jobbers Kazuya hires could kill him.

yo mamma a Horus
Apr 7, 2008

Nap Ghost
maybe it'll be devil negan

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy
Negan is just gonna be Miguel anims but w/ baseball bat rage art

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

he's gonna be yoshimitsu animations but with a baseball bat

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"
Dicked around with some of the Cross Tag DLC characters; Nine is going to be as dumb as ever, Merkava is hilarious (I flat out didn't even know this thing is capable of speech until I randomly played through UNIST story mode recently), and Akihiko seems fun, but pushblock is going to ruin his day. Still want to run Yang/Akihiko for maximum punch.

Also waiting for SFV to update because G may be the most aggressively stupid thing in SF for awhile, and I love every second of it.

Forbidden Donut
Mar 19, 2006
mmm....
I've searched high and low on the net for answers but i seem to be the only one having this problem.

I just got the SFV Razer Panthera and i love the build of the stick and the look. The problem? It seems to almost have a time out glitch like you used to see on the ps360+ on ps4 or whenever sony breaks the brook adapters firmware. It stops working somewhere between 5-10 minutes. I tried updating the firmware and i still get the same results (tried it on a ps4 pro and a ps4 both had the same results.) Razer's tech support is communicating to me via email so i figured I'd check here before returning to Amazon.

Anyone else experience this?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I have the standard ugly pantera and havent seen that but as an aside, have you flashed it with the newest firmware? I did that first thing outta the box

Forbidden Donut
Mar 19, 2006
mmm....

Real hurthling! posted:

I have the standard ugly pantera and havent seen that but as an aside, have you flashed it with the newest firmware? I did that first thing outta the box

I didn't do it right out of the box, but as part of my troubleshooting with razer, i did flash it with new firmware and it said it was successful. Unfortunately this didn't fix it.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Merkava feels like poo poo to play in Tag. I don't know if he's actually going to be good or not but I honestly can't stand playing him at all. Oh well.

Edit: Playing some games with him and discussing it with some people I think the problem is you can't play him like his Under Night iteration at all. He's a completely different character in this game, but that might not be a bad thing. I'll see how it shakes out and possibly pick him up again.

Kongming fucked around with this message at 05:04 on Aug 7, 2018

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Brosnan posted:

I was trying to think about what he'd do since like, he's just a gang leader apocalypse dude and yeah, this is honestly what came to mind, Miguel already has most of his moves.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Brosnan posted:

Basically this then
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLppv3_TPU0

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm pretty glad my P4A Main Labrys is in Tag, and she feels virtually unchanged from her original design + she has new mixup tools than before thanks to assists. Also she's a persona character in this game that doesn't have to deal with fat lingering hurtboxes all over the place bc she only ever uses her persona during combos, thankfully

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015
Mika's j.B has some ridiculous range. It reaches like a full character body in front of where it looks like it's supposed to hit.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

So G is Emperor Norton

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

this wave of bbtag DLC has a lot more fun chars than the last one

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
G is anime as hell
I wish all the characters in SFV had designs as goofy and over-the-top as him and Abigail.

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
kramers rage art is very controversial

yo mamma a Horus
Apr 7, 2008

Nap Ghost
g is just abe lincoln but with anime

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

dangerdoom volvo posted:

lol

markgreyam
Mar 10, 2008

Talk to the mittens.
So after EVO hype being solely at fault for me spending a bit of money on GGXrd and KOFXIV (and nothing to do with my lack of self control which is in no way indicated by my owning everything else except BBTag before this anyway) I dusted off the newest stick I have which is that old UMvC3 Hori PS3 number which was still just plug-and-play in Win7, but I'm finding that for some reason BBCF and BB Chrono have messed up button setups (square is select, X is back, O does nothing, even Start and Select seemed to be swapped), while everything else I tried (GGXrd, UNIEL, even UMvC3 just for kicks) works fine (X selects, O goes back, Start and Select are working as expected).

Before I go and just reconfigure the buttons manually in-game, I want to double check if is this because of something well-known that I need to alter or is there a setting in BB where it's defaulting to a different setup. The config screen just seems to let me configure manually and has two settings but nothing that seems to cycle through default setups, or I'm missing it. Going Big Picture mode made no difference either. I don't want to reconfigure it in BP mode settings because I'm guessing that will gently caress up all the other games that already work.

I notice the OP says that SFV doesn't work OOB at all with sticks but I'll cross that bridge later. I just want to mess about with anime games for now.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

dangerdoom volvo posted:

lmao

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

dangerdoom volvo posted: