Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.

obstipator posted:

yall obsess about random people too much
i bet that guy doesnt recognize any of you

i bet he recognizes u

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Jonny 290 posted:

do we, indeed, have too much time on our hands

is it any wonder?

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

Endless Mike posted:

a college friend got a model 3 and won't stop posting about them on fb now. it's like reading every dyp post about androids but for a $50k car.

i worked in the office for a week and two coworkers would basically spend an hour in the afternoon chatting with a tesla owner across the hall about tesla tesla tesla tesla

good reminder why i work from home

ol qwerty bastard
Dec 13, 2005

If you want something done, do it yourself!
oh my god elon stop tweeting, this is so embarrassing

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1026073171638738944

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
:chloe:

I’m almost positive he found that on reddit.

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

hit that Nice! button if you think the Thai boys should have waited for Elon Musk instead of letting themselves be rescued by pedo guy

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

ol qwerty bastard posted:

oh my god elon stop tweeting, this is so embarrassing

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1026073171638738944

i'm the stolen verified twitter accounts pretending to be elon to scam buttcoiners

TimWinter
Mar 30, 2015

https://timsthebomb.com

PleasureKevin posted:

hit that Nice! button if you think the Thai boys should have waited for Elon Musk instead of letting themselves be rescued by pedo guy

I don't agree with this but I do press the nice button a lot, so don't take it the wrong way.

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

has musk proved the sub could make it into the cave yet

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

PleasureKevin posted:

idk did it give you pleasure, kevin

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

PleasureKevin posted:

oh wow get a load of this hater!

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

quote:

1. Biggest issue - there is a fairly large flat / discolored spot in the paint on the front bumper. Didn't see it until the car was at home in direct sunlight. 

2. One FWD is a bit droopy - it doesn't open as high as the other

3. I tried opening one of the FWD while standing it front of it to demonstrate to my wife they won't cause injury and have sensors. It didn't sense me. It literally knocked my backward. 

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

exploded mummy posted:

3. I tried opening one of the FWD while standing it front of it to demonstrate to my wife they won't cause injury and have sensors. It didn't sense me. It literally knocked my backward.

hahahahahahahahahahaHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

it's a FALCON WING DOOR

don't call it a gull wing

gulls are stupid and we're cool

GO FALCONS

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

the heck does FWD mean in this context

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

oh christ :rolleyes:

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

Friggin’ Wicked Door

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

the door of a billionaire's car

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe

please source your quotes, like, now

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Suspicious Dish posted:

please source your quotes, like, now

https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/threads/took-delivery-today.124708/

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe

lmao

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
spacex: we're going to mars. don't tell no one. spread the word.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Sagebrush posted:

it's a FALCON WING DOOR

don't call it a gull wing

gulls are stupid and we're cool

GO FALCONS

iIt's literally this
Concept Car Designers Struggling To Think Of Cool New Ways For Doors To Open

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
i know i've already asked this sometime in the past, but what kind of kludge did tesla come up with for their gullwing* doors? is it just that they're all electric? my recollection is there was some component in the delorean doors that had to be cryogenically treated or something for it to work okay and not either fly upward or sag down.

*gently caress you lonny i ain't using your bullshit words

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
they're not hydraulically assisted, so in the absence of power, you have to lift the entire weight of the door

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=it8pE3hVerU

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

they fold at a second hinge in the middle at the same time as going upwards, which reduces the amount of space required for them to open or something

it also adds a new point of articulation and apparently means that you can't just counterbalance them with a gas strut so if the motors fail you need to lift like 80 pounds to get them open

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

personally i love how they make the whole "doesn't need as much lateral space to open as a regular car door!!!" thing into a huge deal as if every parking lot on the planet isn't designed around normal car doors, while ignoring that oops you suddenly need 8 feet of vertical clearance in any garage

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
you know what else doesn't need as much lateral space as a regular car door, and can be operated by a child even in the total absence of electrical power? a sliding door like a minivan.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

you know what else doesn't need as much lateral space as a regular car door, and can be operated by a child even in the total absence of electrical power? a sliding door like a minivan.

*elons face turns purple as he storms out to the bouncy castle*

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i would absolutely drive a minivan if you could still get one that was small-ish. like the size of an original honda odyssey from the 90s or a mazda5. all the current minivans on the us market are like, fuckin, full size vans, not mini at all.

i understand that you can still get compact mpvs in japan. i wonder how bad the import duties ar

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

i saw a subaru micro van on the street here that appeared to seat at least six and had the footprint of an og mini

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
lol i still remember the look and sound of disgust one of my friends made years ago when she started talking about needing a bigger vehicle now that they had kids on the way and i suggested a minivan

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

like, that is a pretty fuckin great family car. it's not enormous but it's got four doors and room for kids and better sightlines than any modern suv and it doesn't look half bad either. i would drive that 1990s human transportation pod

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

so, like, what’s the best ev right now? nissan leaf?

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

President Beep posted:

lol no. unless you plan to throw it in a lake after your battery life drops off a cliff in the second year

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Sagebrush posted:

i would absolutely drive a minivan if you could still get one that was small-ish. like the size of an original honda odyssey from the 90s or a mazda5. all the current minivans on the us market are like, fuckin, full size vans, not mini at all.

i understand that you can still get compact mpvs in japan. i wonder how bad the import duties ar

in korea kia sells the sedona (carnival) with a 4th row of seating that folds down into the trunk. seating for 11!

love my honda odyssey. it feels like a battleship when driving it but it's not nearly as bad as the gimungous trucks and huge suvs i park next to

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

are there any that are any good?

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

i drove a 94 dodge caravan a long time ago. it was nice and roomy. i could have slept in it pretty comfortably when the back seat was taken out.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

President Beep posted:

if you need something in the 200-mile+ ev-only range, the chevy bolt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Sagebrush posted:

the chevy bolt

hmm... i kind of like the concept of those—not totally reliant on just battery power in a pinch.