Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
mike :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

kefkafloyd posted:

Getting started early on the "Mike cases a joint" montage, I see.

Nah, they're saying Mike is a security consultant and so he's a security consultant.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Mike gets in trouble for trying to do his job. I'm pretty sure no job would ever break into your house to steal your badge to prove bad security.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

muscles like this! posted:

Nah, they're saying Mike is a security consultant and so he's a security consultant.

Yeah that was a pretty standard fake break-in. Though I'm betting Lydia told him to just sit there and not call attention to himself

CaveGrinch
Dec 5, 2003
I'm a mean one.
First day on his fake job and Mike is already their best employee.

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses

muscles like this! posted:

Yeah, but it's still the tried n true Mike Montage. That rant he gave at the end was perfect.

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

In Mypos, only the strong survive.

:(

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
Incoming Meltdown

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

drat, that was some Saul Goodman poo poo.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky

DarklyDreaming posted:

Incoming Meltdown

this is my gut feeling as well

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Oh god previews during their new bad show.

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

In Mypos, only the strong survive.

Tenzarin posted:

Oh god previews during their new bad show.

It's like Low Winter Sun all over again.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

"Well Howard, that's your cross to bear."

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Well, so much for everyone saying that Jimmy walking back with Irene meant that he was further than he'd ever been from Saul.
Also please change the thread title to Better Call Saul Season 4: "Does Bruce Lee have a gun?"

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses
Well, I didn't think Jimmy could get lower than scamming the old ladies, but... drat, that was cold.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Bruce lee was an actor what was that guy even thinking.

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

Jesus Christ. This show. :smith:

Remember when people thought this show was going to be a comedy spinoff?

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
bruce lee was a stuntman, those guys are nuts, he could go toe to toe with Ali

that convo was very Henchman 21 and 24.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky
gently caress that preview :stare:

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
I dunno guys I'm getting a vague sense from the season poster that Jimmy's whistling might not be entirely genuine.

Lost Season
Nov 28, 2013

Man that Mike montage at the end was fantastic :allears:

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

Eiba posted:

Jesus Christ. This show. :smith:

Remember when people thought this show was going to be a comedy spinoff?

That was literally the original pitch so you can't blame people for expecting it. It was also supposed to be 30 minutes not 60 minutes. Gilligan changed his mind/execs mind along the way.

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004
Oh son of a BITCH if they leave us hanging on that Gene opener until season 5

CaveGrinch
Dec 5, 2003
I'm a mean one.
So was that Gene being completely paranoid or was there something more sinister to the cabbie? Was he just a cabbie from ABQ who recognized him as Saul?

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

CaveGrinch posted:

So was that Gene being completely paranoid or was there something more sinister to the cabbie? Was he just a cabbie from ABQ who recognized him as Saul?

The cab driver is played by Known Actor Don Bradley, and they probably didn't get him for just one scene where he doesn't say anything.
Odds are that Jimmy will meet him this season.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Am I the only one that finds the Gus/Hector stuff boring? I don’t want retreads with them and Lydia. Gus’ actor looks notably older than in Breaking Bad and it takes me out of the show too. I’ll keep an open mind but all that stuff involving them last season was the low point.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

I'm loving that increasingly the Gene stuff is becoming more plot heavy and showing he can't hide forever. The shows final act should definitely be set in that timeline.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Nail Rat posted:

I'm loving that increasingly the Gene stuff is becoming more plot heavy and showing he can't hide forever. The shows final act should definitely be set in that timeline.

at this point i want to know what happened to Kim in the present more than I want to see him deal with the many, many crimes he's running from

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

eke out posted:

at this point i want to know what happened to Kim in the present more than I want to see him deal with the many, many crimes he's running from

I mean, hopefully that's part of it.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

SeANMcBAY posted:

Am I the only one that finds the Gus/Hector stuff boring? I don’t want retreads with them and Lydia. Gus’ actor looks notably older than in Breaking Bad and it takes me out of the show too. I’ll keep an open mind but all that stuff involving them last season was the low point.
I enjoy it well enough on its own (Which is a lot), but it does sometimes feel more like Breaking Bad fanservice than something that is necessarily a suitable counterpoint to the main story with Jimmy.

I will say it works a little better than usual in this episode though, where Don Hector being taken away in the ambulance echoes not only Chuck's remains being taken away from his burnt home, but Gene's ambulance ride in the future as well. That's some thematic mirroring that at least sort of works- you have a horrible criminal being taken away, a hero of the community in Chuck having died, and Gene/Jimmy/Saul still in a kind of uncomfortable limbo between both worlds that they represent (Criminal society and "normal" society).

Raxivace fucked around with this message at 05:19 on Aug 7, 2018

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

DarklyDreaming posted:

Yeah that was a pretty standard fake break-in. Though I'm betting Lydia told him to just sit there and not call attention to himself

My impression was that the Madrigal thing was intended to be a bullshit no-show job, except Mike's temperament doesn't allow him to just sit at home and collect paychecks; if they call him a security consultant, he's drat well going to consult on security.

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
in Enter The Dragon, Bruce Lee says he should just take a gun to the bad guy's secret hideout and shoot him. that's what that scene reminded me of

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
That was worth the wait. Can't wait to see the rest.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I would watch a whole show of Mike silently doing methodical detective or criminal work

I know people will never stop complaining about it but the Mike and related storylines have been half the show's focus for 3 seasons now, it's time to accept that's what this show is

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
isn't Mike gonna make it harder to smuggle meth if he's actually improving security

crazysim
May 23, 2004
I AM SOOOOO GAY
He'll probably make it easier. Like that security guy who "secured" the McDonalds monopoly game a long time ago.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

crazysim posted:

He'll probably make it easier. Like that security guy who "secured" the McDonalds monopoly game a long time ago.

Definitely, he's going to make it a million times harder for rival criminals to steal their supplies but give himself and Gus's other associates a backdoor

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Valedictorian at 14. As if I needed reason to hate his overachieving rear end more

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

Regy Rusty posted:

I would watch a whole show of Mike silently doing methodical detective or criminal work

I know people will never stop complaining about it but the Mike and related storylines have been half the show's focus for 3 seasons now, it's time to accept that's what this show is
Personally, it's not that they're bad storylines, but it's so weird for a whole serialized TV show to have such a blatantly unrelated A plot and B plot through the whole thing. And I guess a C plot with Nacho for a while now. When they actually interact at this point it's like an exciting crossover.

In this episode in particular, Mike's antics were great, but they really interrupted and tonally hosed with the dark poo poo Jimmy was dealing with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

kefkafloyd posted:

Well, I didn't think Jimmy could get lower than scamming the old ladies, but... drat, that was cold.

I didn't get it as being cold as much as Jimmy taking in the fact that he directly had an impact on Chuck's suicide. It was many words, but Howard is telling Jimmy that the thing that pushed Chuck to killing himself was Jimmy telling the insurance company about Chuck's condition.

He's being cold telling Howard it's his cross to bear, but its really Jimmy's cross to bear.