Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

holy poo poo brian france finally made nascar entertaining again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

By going retro-weekend a couple of weeks early?

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Nevermind the crimes, Alleged Billionaire Brian France Drives Himself should be the headline here

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

:drat:

https://twitter.com/orlandosentinel/status/1026599594707234818

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 15 days!)

CactusWeasle posted:

Overcome adversity: activate!

(john cena's music starts)

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
this is going to get the Rick Hendrick treatment

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

I'll bet I'm gonna be able to buy a T-shirt with his mugshot on it this weekend.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

:vince:

This is so loving funny. They just got saw their next appointed golden boy get the win, then immediately the failson CEO steps on a PR landmine. Brilliant.

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW

Guze posted:

I'll bet I'm gonna be able to buy a T-shirt with his mugshot on it this weekend.

It'll go great with my Spencer Gallagher merchen-oh right never mind.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Gluck yesterday suggested that, at some point, Trump could pardon France for any charges he takes.

I mean, that would just be peak stupid in the world which seems to hit that point every day already.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Can't pardon state charges, so even in the stupid timeline that won't happen.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

big nipples big life posted:

Can't pardon state charges, so even in the stupid timeline that won't happen.

He's gonna try

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

I bet Trump couldn't pick Brian France out of a lineup.

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
It's not a party until the bomb squad says it is

big nipples big life posted:

I bet Trump couldn't pick Brian France out of a lineup.

Didnt he call him Dave or something too?

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

:perfect:

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

LOL he looks like the F1 eSports champion in Tsaedje's av:

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Today I learned Smokey Yunick had a spiritual doppelganger who coached pro hockey.

https://youtu.be/8tonxd_9_lY

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Smoke apparently had a deal to run Le Mans with Ford fall through and would seriously consider running the Indy 500 next year.

quote:

“If I go, I’m not going just to run it,” said Stewart, who hasn’t had any serious discussion with teams yet. “I don’t want to be a sideshow like Danica (Patrick) was at Indy this year. If I go, I want to go feeling like I’ve got the same opportunity to win that everyone else in the field does.

:tviv:

https://sports.yahoo.com/tony-stewart-wants-return-indianapolis-180324518.html

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

:hawksin:

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

CBJSprague24 posted:

Smoke apparently had a deal to run Le Mans with Ford fall through and would seriously consider running the Indy 500 next year.

:tviv:

https://sports.yahoo.com/tony-stewart-wants-return-indianapolis-180324518.html

Didn't she qualify 7th? Can he even fit in the loving car? Honestly what a child

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
I thought Danica performed well enough at the speedway this year, especially in qualifying. I'd really like to see Smoke return, but it probably won't happen. It would be nice to see him up against actual good drivers as opposed to a bunch of CART washouts, F3000 rejects, and 40 year old sprint car drivers but eh.

Frond fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Aug 9, 2018

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

She had a good qually setup for Indy, but they forgot to put it back into race setup and her car was not controllable AT ALL.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

The Kimoa Kid posted:

Didn't she qualify 7th? Can he even fit in the loving car? Honestly what a child

He will use the 2 seater but they will make a special side by side one.

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
It's not a party until the bomb squad says it is

The Kimoa Kid posted:

Reminds me of PT saying he could come out of retirement and clean everybodys clock :downs:

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

So...uh...:
https://twitter.com/A_S12/status/1027237188466036738

:tif:

In better news, SMI is putting a policy in place which allows fans who can't attend a postponed race the chance to exchange their ticket for a future race at an SMI-owned track: http://www.charlottemotorspeedway.com/weather-faq/

e- Junyer had to go back and amend his podcast for the week after the Brian France news dropped. I'm eager to hear the new version.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 04:15 on Aug 10, 2018

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

We CART now

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

CBJSprague24 posted:

So...uh...:
https://twitter.com/A_S12/status/1027237188466036738

:tif:

In better news, SMI is putting a policy in place which allows fans who can't attend a postponed race the chance to exchange their ticket for a future race at an SMI-owned track: http://www.charlottemotorspeedway.com/weather-faq/

e- Junyer had to go back and amend his podcast for the week after the Brian France news dropped. I'm eager to hear the new version.

it's a sure sign that a series is healthy when a team is rumored to shut down a year after it won the championship lmfao

but hey maybe things will be better if they make the chase more pointlessly convoluted next year, surely this time it'll work

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Respect the power of the wind

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

it's a sure sign that a series is healthy when a team is rumored to shut down a year after it won the championship lmfao

Nah man, it's just making sure everyone else in the field has a chance to win some races. Perfectly fair and good and normal

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

It might rain at Mid-Ohio tomorrow :getin:

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Ty Dillon looks like a baby Ted Cruz

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

:allbuttons:

https://www.motorsport.com/nascar-cup/news/kurt-busch-monster-leaving-stewart-haas-replace-mcmurray-ganassi-/3156861/?nrt=119

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
The 19 being turned around stopped in the corner? Nah don't need a caution there

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

dodge spotted, #13 CrashClaimsR.Us Challenger of John Jackson

Peanut President fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Aug 11, 2018

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
The criteria for yellows today confuses the heck out of me since a few years ago they threw them if someone saw a water bottle in vicinity of the track

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

man i am really sick of stage racing. This is like the 4th one I've tried to watch and give up in the second stage because its so boring.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

THAT'S COLE CUSTER'S MUSIC!

maffew buildings posted:

The criteria for yellows today confuses the heck out of me since a few years ago they threw them if someone saw a water bottle in vicinity of the track

NASCAR seems to be overcompensating in the Stage system by holding off on what would've been easy yellows before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

Truck race was fantastic today.
Xifinity race had a great ending today.

This just means the Cup race tomorrow will suck so loving bad...