Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY
Please note that it's a comedy central roast and not a Friar's Club roast. Anybody can get a CC roast and they are basically meaningless.

e: I say that with a quote from one in my avatar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

SpacePig posted:

Please note that it's a comedy central roast and not a Friar's Club roast. Anybody can get a CC roast and they are basically meaningless.

Sounds like a potential goon project

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

SpacePig posted:

3 out of the last 6 Friar's Club roasts have been Boomer Esiason, Terry Bradshaw, and Matt Lauer. Please don't act like those aren't meaningless either.

And the Friar's Club roasted Bruce Willis in 1989...so.......

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY

Mahoning posted:

And the Friar's Club roasted Bruce Willis in 1989...so.......

Haha, well, nevermind then. Roasts themselves are for anybody, then.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
Dad, the cable's out again. Can you FIX IT

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

There are many commercial spokespeople that are insufferably smug, but that guy in the xfinity commercial ("Mr. ___, what's your wifi password?") is one of the worst. Even more obnoxious is his use of the word 'daditude'. It makes me angry every time I see his smug face.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

There are many commercial spokespeople that are insufferably smug, but that guy in the xfinity commercial ("Mr. ___, what's your wifi password?") is one of the worst. Even more obnoxious is his use of the word 'daditude'. It makes me angry every time I see his smug face.

Most Smug Award currently goes to the Verizon commercials with Thomas Middleditch. loving interrupting weddings to talk about data, and live streaming, and then acting like a hero?

Get hosed.

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

It's surprising he isn't doing the Floss as he struts around his house. poo poo, I hope I'm not giving them ideas. :ohdear:

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
I cant really hate this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oB5GrmaxH8k

Its Jason Alexander

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Bugsy posted:

I cant really hate this.

Its Jason Alexander

It's like if Too Many Cooks made a TV ad

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Bugsy posted:

I cant really hate this.

Its Jason Alexander

This is pretty good, criminal underuse of pitched-up bass in the song tho

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

exploded mummy posted:

It's like if Too Many Cooks made a TV ad

There's a drat lotto commercial out there now that riffs on Too Many Cooks.

Cyril Sneer
Aug 8, 2004

Life would be simple in the forest except for Cyril Sneer. And his life would be simple except for The Raccoons.
THE PEOPLE ARE COMING, THE PEOPLE ARE COMING

T H E P E O P L E A R E C O M I N G

Anyone else suffering with this awful Ikea ad?

Zaroff
Nov 10, 2009

Nothing in the world can stop me now!

Cyril Sneer posted:

T H E P E O P L E A R E C O M I N G

Anyone else suffering with this awful Ikea ad?

I've seen two versions of this advert in the last month (same visuals, different 'singing') - I thought they might have shown common sense and realized how annoying the first one was, only for them to now show both interchangeably.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
The best IKEA ad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdoIyRmGN3o

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
The General insurance Uncle Drew adds have outlived the actual movie.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

I got an Uncle Drew box of Wheaties and i had to think real hard what was going on.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

That's pretty good but it's still no "sad lamp in the rain."

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

I lost it at REDRUG

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

Selachian posted:

That's pretty good but it's still no "sad lamp in the rain."

Had forgotten about that depressing ad, drat. I feel as if ikea had another commercial in the same era that managed to make me weep over a household object. Post your other favorite oddly sad ads!

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

I feel like the Philippines has the market cornered on sad commercials.

What the hell, Philippines?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88oMBP4_WwE

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

And lest anybody forget this horrorshow, which we discussed in this very thread a few years ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-e7I3BfrgpU

That's the most horrible commercial I think i've ever seen, from a psychological perspective.

And it used to be even worse. If I remember correctly, original one had the woman's daughter coming home to hear her mother's yells from the bottom of the staircase. They had to edit that out because people thought it was too intense.

Gonz fucked around with this message at 09:52 on Aug 13, 2018

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Gonz posted:

And lest anybody forget this horrorshow, which we discussed in this very thread a few years ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-e7I3BfrgpU

That's the most horrible commercial I think i've ever seen, from a psychological perspective.

And it used to be even worse. If I remember correctly, original one had the woman's daughter coming home to hear her mother's yells from the bottom of the staircase. They had to edit that out because people thought it was too intense.

:gonk: The LifeAlert commercials in general are pretty scary but that takes the cake.

My wife and I like to pick quotes out of context to yell at each other: :colbert: ALL. SENIOR. CITIZENS. SHOULD. HAVE. LIFE. ALERT. :colbert:

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAwcj6d8XTQ

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

UNHIIIIINNNNNGE YOUR JAWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

a starchy tuber
Sep 9, 2002

hi yes I'm very normal
I think I just watched Kathryn Hahn try to gently caress a car.

Stairs
Oct 13, 2004

Gonz posted:

I feel like the Philippines has the market cornered on sad commercials.

What the hell, Philippines?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88oMBP4_WwE

It's 1:30 am here and I just woke my husband up with my crying and he thought it was my depression so I showed him it was this and now he's crying and we have to be up at 6:30 and I don't know if I need to blame you or the Philippines.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Stairs posted:

It's 1:30 am here and I just woke my husband up with my crying and he thought it was my depression so I showed him it was this and now he's crying and we have to be up at 6:30 and I don't know if I need to blame you or the Philippines.

This is 80% Philippines and 10% YouTube and 10% me. My apologies.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImzmlxNi0Og

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Why in the year 2018 the Fanta Girls are back? Who was nostalgic for that awful ad campaign?

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
Technically they're not back; that ad is from I think at least 2016

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013
Apparently Kars4Kids is an Orthodox Jewish front to get less-hardcore Jewish families to convert. :stare:

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

packetmantis posted:

Apparently Kars4Kids is an Orthodox Jewish front to get less-hardcore Jewish families to convert. :stare:

Huh, I didn't know about Oorah. Chabad's the main one for that sort of thing.

Also in Oregon K4K got busted about ten years ago for giving donors a "vacation" that was a timeshare sales pitch. Check folks out before you donate, don't just go for the jingle.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
Guys. I actually just saw an ad from some lawyer during daytime trash tv that explained how doctors are overworked and that insurance companies scam the poo poo out of both you and them, and explained the whole process of insurance and how doctors worked- within like 46 seconds. It was like, I don’t even have words. I’ve never seen a legitimate ad and this is the first. I know they’re a scam IRL but it was really really weird.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

LIBERTY LIBERTY LIIIIIBERTY

LIIIIIBERTY

:suicide:

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Thin Privilege posted:

Guys. I actually just saw an ad from some lawyer during daytime trash tv that explained how doctors are overworked and that insurance companies scam the poo poo out of both you and them, and explained the whole process of insurance and how doctors worked- within like 46 seconds. It was like, I don’t even have words. I’ve never seen a legitimate ad and this is the first. I know they’re a scam IRL but it was really really weird.

I stand behind one of the Chapo guys, I think Matt's idea, that the DSA should run TV lawyers because they are the only people telling the disadvantaged that they are being screwed by insurance companies and other rich assholes, and they will fight to get them a slice of those assholes money.

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

packetmantis posted:

To that note, if you ever donate old clothes and stuff to those boxes in big box store parking lots, make sure you're not donating to the cult one

http://gawker.com/planet-aids-yellow-clothing-donation-bids-are-part-of-a-1778611205

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Regular Nintendo posted:

To that note, if you ever donate old clothes and stuff to those boxes in big box store parking lots, make sure you're not donating to the cult one

http://gawker.com/planet-aids-yellow-clothing-donation-bids-are-part-of-a-1778611205

:stare:

I'm pretty sure almost all of my donations over the past few years have gone to Goodwill, Prevent Cancer Foundation, and Doctors without Borders. Preeeeetty sure none of those are a cult.

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify
idk doctors without borders sure sounds like a name a cult would have

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?

Thin Privilege posted:

Think you can find it? I want to see this, and it could be a really useful resource.