Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

The_Doctor posted:

Yeah, none of those people are in the same room.

I thought that too with this first pic, which looks 'shopped, but then I saw the second.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.
Clearly the Tom Waxwork which has gained sentience.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Pesky Splinter posted:

Clearly the Tom Waxwork which has gained sentience.

That which holds the image of Tom becomes Tom

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Vinylshadow posted:

That which holds the image of Tom becomes Tom

Don't blink. Blink and you're dry. He drinks fast. Faster than you can believe. Don't turn your back on your liquor cabinet. Don't look away. And don't blink. Good luck.

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Do you think BF gives Lalla first dibs at the lunch buffet in exchange for putting up with Tom?

They've worked together after the divorce, right?

A dude posted:

Tom’s lunch buffet is just a table of pint glasses.

Probably true.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 33 days!
IIRC Tom seems to have realized in his old age how much of a jerk he may have been towards some of the women in his life, and tried his best to make amends. I remember reading Louise Jameson telling the story of how he apologized to her, saying something like "I treated you very terribly, didn't I? I'm so sorry, my dear." It's possible he may havr done the same with Lalla.

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

Sydney Bottocks posted:

IIRC Tom seems to have realized in his old age how much of a jerk he may have been towards some of the women in his life, and tried his best to make amends. I remember reading Louise Jameson telling the story of how he apologized to her, saying something like "I treated you very terribly, didn't I? I'm so sorry, my dear." It's possible he may havr done the same with Lalla.

When Sladen left, Baker felt that he could carry the series without a companion, and was slightly miffed when they brought in Jameson, and treated her a bit douche-ily. Then one time (I think it was Fang Rock) Baker missed a cue and came in early in a way that would have upstaged Jameson, and she said "no, do it over", which caused Baker to develop a greater respect for her.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Everybody learned to respect Jameson after this:

:hellyeah:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
We need another Leela on the show. Just another badass woman who isn't afraid to slap a hysterical lady.

Leather bikini is optional.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Oh man, this is gorgeous. Colourised footage from The War Games.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Oh that is nice, that's a hell of a job.

I have a vague recollection of somebody once posting color photos that were taken on set of The War Games, and the set colors were these incredibly vibrant and overly bright colors in order to get a nice shade of grey in the black and white footage. I always found that quite fascinating.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Ted Turner's at it again!

Forktoss
Feb 13, 2012

I'm OK, you're so-so

Jerusalem posted:

Oh that is nice, that's a hell of a job.

I have a vague recollection of somebody once posting color photos that were taken on set of The War Games, and the set colors were these incredibly vibrant and overly bright colors in order to get a nice shade of grey in the black and white footage. I always found that quite fascinating.

I remember these too - I think there were a few different photos, but this is the only one I could find.

I also remember seeing some colour BTS photos of The Mind Robber, which were really cool as well. I think the big white robots were actually lime green or something.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
“What year are you from?”

“The writers never specified!”

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Forktoss posted:

I remember these too - I think there were a few different photos, but this is the only one I could find.

I also remember seeing some colour BTS photos of The Mind Robber, which were really cool as well. I think the big white robots were actually lime green or something.

Probably from the same source, I found this one too:

And on the BBC site:

EDIT: ooooh, actual colour picture taken on set

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

I love Wargames sooo much. The ending is crushing and it is one of those rare cases where I am actually glad later writers went out of their way to soften it.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

Rhyno posted:

We need another Leela on the show. Just another badass woman who isn't afraid to slap a hysterical lady.

Leather bikini is optional.

Amy: ooh Gandalf...
Dr. [mutters] thanks. Thanks dear. Miss out the metal dog why don’t you.
Amy: is that a leather bikini??
Dr: [split second smile of remembrance followed by a scowl] RIGHT were going to find Rory...

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

https://twitter.com/dwpageofficial/status/1026479002142339073

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

The_Doctor posted:

Probably from the same source, I found this one too:

And on the BBC site:

EDIT: ooooh, actual colour picture taken on set

It is amazing the amount of effort the set designers put into something that would never be seen by anyone but the actors. :unsmith:

Star Trek had some krazy kolors to sell color tvs in the late 60s, but man, full color early Doctor Who would have moved some Magpies.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The Time Travelers Guide had some rare color photos in it if memory serves.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/bbcdoctorwho/status/1027142954245349377

Slightly disappointed they didn't go with Nine holding a cat during The Empty Child, but you do you, Doctor Who

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Vinylshadow posted:

https://twitter.com/bbcdoctorwho/status/1027142954245349377

Slightly disappointed they didn't go with Nine holding a cat during The Empty Child, but you do you, Doctor Who

Nine Erasure.

Trin Tragula
Apr 22, 2005

Vinylshadow posted:

This would be the same Doctor whose actor reveals just a few more juicy details about how badly he was treated at six-monthly intervals, right?

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Someone needs to start a Twitter campaign just talking about how doesn't Trump look tired.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

There's a leaked photo out there now of the new console room, albeit unlit. It's up on the spoiler thread if you want to see.

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor

Senor Tron posted:

Someone needs to start a Twitter campaign just talking about how doesn't Trump look tired.

It doesn't work on male politicians. :smith:

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
Trump: I would say in response that I am not tired, in fact I am fully energised and awake as any president has ever been, I'm not sure if you've heard of him, a lot of people haven't, but the singer Rod Stewart, he sang "The Killing Of Georgie" which was about someone he knew who was killed, and it was in New York, and you know the crime in New York is just crazy, it's just off the scale, they had to make a new scale to measure crime just because of how high it is in New York City and that's a fact, but now we're making America safe and we're getting cops on the streets, no more tax breaks for low-income workers, and we're doing great work and I'm very pleased, and so are the voters and you're gonna see how pleased they are in November.

The Doctor: 😬

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

<leans over and just snaps Trump’s neck>

:colbert: There was just no other way.

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica
Given how the show's treated Churchill and Nixon, I look forward to the Doctor being chummy with Trump in nu-nu-Who

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Man, he never changed

https://twitter.com/prkirkley/status/1027821794579898368

McGann
May 19, 2003

Get up you son of a bitch! 'Cause Mickey loves you!

2house2fly posted:

Trump: I would say in response that I am not tired, in fact I am fully energised and awake as any president has ever been, I'm not sure if you've heard of him, a lot of people haven't, but the singer Rod Stewart, he sang "The Killing Of Georgie" which was about someone he knew who was killed, and it was in New York, and you know the crime in New York is just crazy, it's just off the scale, they had to make a new scale to measure crime just because of how high it is in New York City and that's a fact, but now we're making America safe and we're getting cops on the streets, no more tax breaks for low-income workers, and we're doing great work and I'm very pleased, and so are the voters and you're gonna see how pleased they are in November.

The Doctor: 😬

Well poo poo, I was almost ready to believe you actually were Trump but there's a significant lack of ALL CAPS in that.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Jesus, wasn't it JNT who hired on Levine as a consultant earlier as well?

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

To be fair, this is one of the times the stopped clock was probably right

Trin Tragula
Apr 22, 2005

JN-T was well and truly into the "I have been persuaded to stay..." period by then, in which nobody else wanted to do his job, and if he left it would have meant cancellation, as in fact it did when his patience finally ran out.

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor
Regardless of anything else, JNT's first and last seasons are some of my favorite Who eras.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

BF announced they're doing Doctor Who: The NEW New Adventures. Instead of adaptations of the Virgin novels, they're going to be new stories with 7, Chris, and Roz

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

Davros1 posted:

BF announced they're doing Doctor Who: The NEW New Adventures. Instead of adaptations of the Virgin novels, they're going to be new stories with 7, Chris, and Roz

I will only listen if there are ~looms~

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Davros1 posted:

This is very cool--they were some of my favorite characters!

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Davros1 posted:

Oooooh huh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica

Davros1 posted:

As someone that's never read the NAs because a lot of what I heard about them put me off, I enjoyed what there was of Chris and Roz is Big Finish's novel adaptations so I'm interested in hearing more with that team.

• Locked thread