Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.
There's essentially no way we win this game now. I wouldn't trust this lineup to hit its way out of a paper bag right now. As soon as the Red Sox lineup turns over again to Betts, Benintendi and Martinez its donezo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Let the burning of pants commence. These things drive me nuts.

I really loving hate Greg Bird. I am done with him. I don't care how beautiful his swing is, he's been an absolute garbage MLB player.

Troxartas
Jan 13, 2007

The Old Warhorse
Lol, I turned this off to watch Evo when Chapman walked Leon. I figured nothing good was coming. Not happy to be right

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Nice inning by this gagging lineup. Gotta get boston back out there to win it as quick as possible.

Full on freefall.

mcmagic fucked around with this message at 05:51 on Aug 6, 2018

DaStampede
Feb 8, 2018

Well, gently caress.

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Yankees are now 18-20 in their last 38 games. They won’t even make it to 100 wins if they keep playing like this.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

ihatepants posted:

Yankees are now 18-20 in their last 38 games. They won’t even make it to 100 wins if they keep playing like this.

Would anyone be surprised if they freefall'ed right out of the playoffs? They are only 5 games up on Seattle for the 2nd WC. This is a team that is totally and completely lost.

DaStampede
Feb 8, 2018

ihatepants posted:

We had a great chance to make up some ground on Boston. This weekend was an absolute poo poo show.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

The only reason they were up 4-1 was because Hicks hit into a DP with the bases loaded and boston's lovely SS booted the ball. They should've just lost in the 9th.

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

mcmagic posted:

Would anyone be surprised if they freefall'ed right out of the playoffs? They are only 5 games up on Seattle for the 2nd WC. This is a team that is totally and completely lost.

The good news is that Seattle has been doing an even worse freefall. So they’ll still make it to the 2nd WC at the very least.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

I wonder if they limp into and lose the WC game if Boone is in trouble. He isn't a good manager.

I can't think of anything more pathetic you can do on a baseball field than walk Sandy loving Leon and Steve Pierce in front of 2 guys having MVP seasons...

mcmagic fucked around with this message at 06:04 on Aug 6, 2018

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

It's weird to me you mention Seattle when the A's are 3 back of the Yankees in the Wild Card and charging hard. They've won 6 straight and have the best record in the majors since early July. We could absolutely gently caress this up if the team doesn't turn around this last month or so of awful, sloppy, inconsistent play.

Regardless, I'm taking a Yankee break for about a week after this game/series.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Brett Gardner has been a great and underrated Yankee for a long time but it sure looks like he's playing himself off the 2019 team.

https://www.northjersey.com/story/s...-sox/919890002/

Bird was MUCH worse on that play than Andujar was. Any decent 1B scoops that throw.

mcmagic fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Aug 7, 2018

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

I would love for the Yankees to just beat the poo poo out of the White Sox in this series. They need it.

Edit: "Yankees pitching - no easy innings allowed."

mikeraskol fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Aug 7, 2018

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

There is no pitcher lovely enough for this lineup to hit I guess.

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

mikeraskol posted:

"Yankees pitching - no easy innings allowed."

I mean, that was pretty much known before the season began, wasn't it? Pitching, namely starting pitching, was always the team's weak spot, which is why it was reported that Cashman kept trying to acquire SPs during the winter. Towards the end of the off-season, people kept saying wait for the trade deadline to see what pitchers become available because the team has so many good prospects to trade for elite pitching and unfortunately that elite pitching never even hit the market.

The problem with the team right now is that everyone kind of assumed that the offense would be this huge juggernaut where they would only need decent pitching to win games. And that hasn't really been the case because no one expected Stanton to struggle until late June, for Sanchez to pretty much have a lost season or for Judge to miss a significant amount of time due to injury and have to replace him in the lineup with Shane Robinson (because Frazier is also injured and they traded away all of their other OF depth).

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

ihatepants posted:

I mean, that was pretty much known before the season began, wasn't it? Pitching, namely starting pitching, was always the team's weak spot, which is why it was reported that Cashman kept trying to acquire SPs during the winter. Towards the end of the off-season, people kept saying wait for the trade deadline to see what pitchers become available because the team has so many good prospects to trade for elite pitching and unfortunately that elite pitching never even hit the market.

The problem with the team right now is that everyone kind of assumed that the offense would be this huge juggernaut where they would only need decent pitching to win games. And that hasn't really been the case because no one expected Stanton to struggle until late June, for Sanchez to pretty much have a lost season or for Judge to miss a significant amount of time due to injury and have to replace him in the lineup with Shane Robinson (because Frazier is also injured and they traded away all of their other OF depth).

They have also gotten basically nothing from Bird, Didi has been a mediocre offensive player since May 1, Gardner is having a bad year and Torres has not been good since he came off the DL.

Bird... When you're going bad you're going bad.

mcmagic fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Aug 7, 2018

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

mcmagic posted:

They have also gotten basically nothing from Bird, Didi has been a mediocre offensive player since May 1, Gardner is having a bad year and Torres has not been good since he came off the DL.

This is also true, but I think before the season began, most people assumed the trio of Judge, Stanton and Sanchez would be able to carry the team much like how JD and Mookie are pretty much carrying the load for the rest of the Sox's lineup.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Sorry for this non-apocalyptic take but:

I had no idea Lancy Lynn was such a Husky Gentleman. Got a real Body By Joba going on.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Gray would have given up like 9 runs by now.

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast

Inspector_666 posted:

Sorry for this non-apocalyptic take but:

I had no idea Lancy Lynn was such a Husky Gentleman. Got a real Body By Joba going on.

We used to call him Homeless Bear before you monsters introduced him to hair removal.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Being able to pitch a good 5 innings against a bad lineup is good. Gray is rightly going to be buried if Lynn keeps this up.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Pancakes posted:

We used to call him Homeless Bear before you monsters introduced him to hair removal.

What you've never seen a shaved bear?

Troxartas
Jan 13, 2007

The Old Warhorse
I'm happy Lynn is doing good

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

mikeraskol posted:

Gray would have given up like 9 runs by now.

Hey, come on... let's be fair to Sonny here. He only would have given up 3 or 4 runs in that game. And then been pulled in the 2nd inning

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Lumpy posted:

Hey, come on... let's be fair to Sonny here. He only would have given up 3 or 4 runs in that game. And then been pulled in the 2nd inning

He would have still managed to throw 108 pitches though.

Mollymauk
Apr 20, 2006
Man Kay is such a shithead https://twitter.com/RealMichaelKay/status/1026824778651459584?s=19
"If you took it the wrong way" is not a real apology.

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

Inspector_666 posted:

He would have still managed to throw 108 pitches though.

The Sonny Gray Experience: Get this hitter to 0-2, and then nibble for 17 pitches to get them to a full count.

Bobby Cox
Nov 3, 2006

College Slice
If you took my just-admitted clumsy statement the wrong way?? Eat poo poo Michael.

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

I can't believe that there are a ton of Yankees fans who absolutely hate Ryan Ruocco and are happy that Kay got an extension to keep doing Yankees games. Kay is such a shithead and isn't very good or entertaining.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

ihatepants posted:

I can't believe that there are a ton of Yankees fans who absolutely hate Ryan Ruocco and are happy that Kay got an extension to keep doing Yankees games. Kay is such a shithead and isn't very good or entertaining.

He can't turn off the drive-time radio takes anymore and it loving sucks, he never shuts up and he never stops saying dumb hot take poo poo. Ruocco is so much better and I have no doubt he's infinitely more popular in the clubhouse to boot.

(Seriously everybody listen to R2C2.)

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

ihatepants posted:

My hot take: Kay sucks now, and away games in Toronto are the best because for some mysterious reason he won't go to Canada.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

https://twitter.com/YankeesPR/status/1026889913965469696

Why is he having this now?

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

I've despised Kay for years but this really is another level.

My buddy and I were watching the game on Friday and he flipped over to the phillies for a minute just for the comparative silence.

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!

He injured it in April. I assume they tried rest and rehab and it didn't work. If he had the surgery in April it was season ending anyway so not really any risk to try and avoid an operation.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

cenotaph posted:

I've despised Kay for years but this really is another level.

My buddy and I were watching the game on Friday and he flipped over to the phillies for a minute just for the comparative silence.

Kay is fine. He called up Frazier personally and apologized.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Kay is a fucklord even if he made it right this time.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

It's unbelievable that they keep running out Shane Robinson in a pennant race.

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

mcmagic posted:

Kay is fine. He called up Frazier personally and apologized.

He's am obnoxious piece of poo poo who never shuts his loving mouth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AppropriateUser
Feb 17, 2012
Michael Kay is fine. Al Leiter and John Flaherty should be shot into the sun.

• Locked thread