Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Winter Rose
Sep 27, 2007

Understand how unstable the truth can be.

Get well, sick puppers :ohdear:

My teenage brother in law who has no experience with dogs came to visit. He started giving Chicha a belly rub and was like, "Am I doing this right?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Please forward the news to Milo that I have a lap available to him, should he desire it. He looks like that type.

Nerdrock
Jan 31, 2006

Winter Rose posted:

Get well, sick puppers :ohdear:

My teenage brother in law who has no experience with dogs came to visit. He started giving Chicha a belly rub and was like, "Am I doing this right?"

Hell yeah you're doing great, kid. -Chicha, probably.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

Winter Rose posted:

"Am I doing this right?"

C: needs more practice kid. Keep going til I say stop.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
This dogge is fukken sick

https://i.imgur.com/ckHHA7Y.gifv

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Dude needs to use the 'BBQ technique": use both hands to rub the brisket.

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

Some impressive pupkour.

how does doggo get down? :ohdear:

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Barkour?

unstucker
Jan 4, 2018

unstucker
Jan 4, 2018
weird

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.

New season of Ninja Warrior is looking good.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
https://giant.gfycat.com/DecisiveWarlikeBighornsheep.webm

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

https://i.imgur.com/8qTE3zC.gifv

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

Same pupper. Same.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

Girlfriend’s coworker took this one- rare documentation of dogs banding together to summon the Bark Lord.

unstucker
Jan 4, 2018

is that the dog which danced with an umbrella?)

unstucker
Jan 4, 2018
cloudy))

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?

Sugartime Jones

Where the expression raining cats and dogs come from

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

*when I see a dog*

me, already petting dog: "Is he friendly? Can I pet him??"
them: "You, uh, kind of already are I guess."
me: "Yeah but I'm told it's rude not to ask."

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

mrmcd posted:

*when I see a dog*

This is how you get the poo poo bitten out of you. Don't pet unfamiliar dogs without asking, no matter how tempting.

Source: My adorable, blind, panic-agressive doggo. :(

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

mrmcd posted:

*when I see a dog*

I literally had this happen the other day when delivering to a customer. While I'm waiting for my coworker to do a thing this tiny little dog comes up and is obviously super friendly, but the owner had stepped inside. By the time they came back out I was already cuddling the dog while asking if it was okay to pet her.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Sometimes doggo gives you permission, sometimes human gives you permission

Either way, get permission

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer

MrYenko posted:

This is how you get the poo poo bitten out of you. Don't pet unfamiliar dogs without asking, no matter how tempting.

Source: My adorable, blind, panic-agressive doggo. :(

Real good face on this doggo :3:

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

Goober Peas posted:

Sometimes doggo gives you permission, sometimes human gives you permission

Either way, get permission
This. I was walking out of a shop the other day and while I'm asking the owner about the dogs one of them just rolls on his back kinda "You know the deal, human, give me the rubs"

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Removed.

Handsome Ralph fucked around with this message at 15:20 on May 21, 2020

Schmeichy
Apr 22, 2007

2spooky4u

Smellrose

Handsome Ralph posted:

Working from home is the worst, because I ate a large burrito bowl and now all I want to do is nap with my doggles

jfc these are some cute rear end doggos

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Hey any resources for first time dog owner and stuff?

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

ElMaligno posted:

https://www.aspca.org/pet-care/dog-care

e: Costco has great dog food

PenisMonkey
Apr 30, 2004

Be gentally.

You need the good doggo clouds to supply rain to the good pupper dandelions.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

https://i.imgur.com/n9QWK6U.gifv

:agreed:

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

ElMaligno posted:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3471773

The OP of this thread is incredibly useful for first-time dog owners, even if you're not getting a puppy.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

ALL DOGS ARE PUPPIES.

FITE ME

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Just pette all puppers IMHO :shrug:

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country
I'm out of town until Sunday night.

I already miss my doggo. :(

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

ElMaligno posted:

ALL DOGS ARE PUPPIES.

FITE ME

My old Golden was a puppy til the day he died.

Lando will be the same.

Speaking of, King Dingus basically kicked me off the spot on my sofa so he could lie down and get butt rubs.

(Good boy!)

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

ElMaligno posted:

ALL DOGS ARE PUPPIES.

FITE ME

You know what I mean! The scientific, specific term "puppy" applies to young dogs who have more specific health needs than adult doggos.

The general term, that applies to all dogs, "puppy", indicates the near limitless levels of joy every dog possesses.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

A Short List of Shenanigans My Parent’s Dog Has Engaged In:

quote:

This is Arwen, she’s a Husky/Kelpie mix and a little rear end in a top hat:

> “I wonder if she can jump?” my dad asks the first five minutes we have her. She perks up at the word, and clears a six-foot fence form sitting on the ground.
“Oh.” Says dad. “poo poo.”

Later that night she got up on the counter and ate three pounds of corned beef in roughtly 68 seconds but this was considered part of the learning curve of having a new dog.

> I wake up at 4 AM to the sound of the toilet being flushed repeatedly in the hall bathroom, and assume plumbing is now posessed by angry and wasteful ghosts.
I get up to disconnet it and find her in the Bathroom, standing to flush the bowl, then shoving her head in to drink the running water. I’m not totally awake, so I stand there like an idiot trying to understand this, and my sister gets up to see what the noise is, sees the same thing and also stands there. Fiance notices my absence and does the same.
Mom eventually wakes up and finds us standing around like very confused zombies and almost joins the parade of baffled zombies before shreiking “THE WATER BILL!”
We got her a circulating water bowl after that.

> My parent’s don’t have AC, but they haveone of those “fridge on top, pull-out-freezer below” fridges. Last summer, we were remarking that we might need to shave her so she didn’t get heatstroke, to which she looked up and made a disgusted noise at us.
…Then got up, used the dishrag to pull open the freezer and climbed on top of the frozen vegetables, stretching out and sighing contentedly.
“Arwen,” Mom began, but was interrupted by a loud ‘WHAAAaaaaarrr?” from Arwen.
“Ok you can stay there for now but we’re getting you a kiddie pool so you have to get out when we get back. Don’t eat anything.”
She ate a bag of frozen green beans and farted for three days straight.

>Took her walking along the lake with the long lead so she could sniff things to her hearts content. She went about shoving her head in the undergrowth, usually coming up with her head covered in leaves and pollen.

Except for the bush where she came back out with a 7-foot Bull Snake wrapping itself around her ehad and neck, trying it’s best to strangle her before she can eat it. She immediately ran back to me, the parts of her face not occupied with the snake arranged in a gleeful expression of “Look! I found Snacks!”

I screamed, not immediately regognizing that it wasn’t a rattler, and fell, splitting my knee on a rock. The screaming made her let go of the snake, but I still had to grab her and wrestle the snake off her because it lacked the sense to just scuttle away. I finaly got it lose from her (Despite her best effort to continue trying to eat it and turned around to fling it off the trail-

-And directly into the face of one of my 90-year-old neighbors who’d come out to see what the screaming and profanity was, making her collapse.

I’m pretty sure being told “I accidentally threw a snake at my neighbor.” was the highlight of that EMT’s day. Dottie was unharmed but she still doesn’t speak to me.

>One day, we left her in a Harness and overhead tether in the (at the time) unfanced back yard so she could enjoy some relatively free-range outdoors time. I walked by the window not a minute later to find her completely GONE, and race out to the yard to find her. It took me a good heart-pounding five minutes to realize the overhead tether was goign UP into the ancient silver maple and realized that
1. Arwen can apparently do something really weird with her shoulders where they pop out sideways, allowing her to bear-hug the tree and
2. climb a good 40 feet into the three to fight
3. A porcupine, which i didn’t even know LIVED out here.

Fortunately, Porcupines weigh considerably less than Awen and she couldn’t get a good enough foothold to get all the way up to it, but I still had to climb up there and lower her down, barking dog profanities at the porcupine the whole way.

>My parents recently acquired a mechanized recliner which has been instumental inmom’s hip surgery recovery. Execpt that Awen Also likes lounging on the furniture, and is more than capable of hitting a large, elder-friendly button with her paw. So now when she gets back from a walk or the dog park she makes a beeline for the living room, get in the recliner and pushes the button until it’s flat and stretches out in it.

My parents didn’t have a problem with this because she gets out of the chair when they ask her (Mom even tells her “Go get my chair ready” in winter because she does a good job pre-warming it), until last winter when Arwen taught my dog Charlie, another devoted couch animal how to do this.

One afternoon there was a tremendous outburst fo barkign and snarling from the living room and we rished in to find both dogs in the recliner, Charlie on the fully-reclined back and Arwen on the elevated seat and foot rest, bellowing at eachother for control of the recliner, thier movments having pitched it back to it’s two hind feet, the device swaying to and fro like a leather covered boat upon the high seas, a furry mutiny on board. Neither dog was willing to yeild the plush throne, nor to listen to the humans yelling at them to knock it the hell off, until Arwen tackled the usurper, kocking him off and managing to cantaleiver the recliner clean over, flipping it into the hall, both dogs and all humand miraculously unharmed.

She still doesn’t let him sit in it.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?

Sugartime Jones
^ good assed doggos

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
I can feel the frustration, but I'm still laughing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

WarpedNaba posted:

I can feel the frustration, but I'm still laughing.
:same:

Also whoever decided mixing kelpie smarts with huskie energy was a good idea is a devious motherfucker