Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Wazzu posted:

Only if TJ Wilson is allowed to agent and book the match. I have no faith in anybody else to do the job even remotely correctly.

It will be Johnny Ace who books the match. That's how we know it'll be bad by default.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

Psychepath posted:

So what's Cena up to?

https://twitter.com/JohnCena/status...e-chan-photo%2F

Oh. Oh dear. Getting that Steiner body.

He's looking real jacked baby

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
Cena with a full head of hair is weird as gently caress.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

JT Smiley posted:

Cena with a full head of hair is weird as gently caress.

It ain't that full if you see it from the back

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

DarkstarIV posted:

It will be Johnny Ace who books the match. That's how we know it'll be bad by default.

Wasn't Johnny like, really good at this poo poo back in the day? What happened?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Psychepath posted:

So what's Cena up to?

He looks like a defective Randy Orton clone.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
...John Cena is a sexy good looking man...no homo.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

VJeff posted:

Wasn't Johnny like, really good at this poo poo back in the day? What happened?

Johnny was never good.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

DarkstarIV posted:

Johnny was never good.

Let me tell you about a little team called the Dynamic Dudes!

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
John Cena trying to shrink his genitals into nothingness!

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Psychepath posted:

So what's Cena up to?

I have no clue what he's trying to accomplish with that hair

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

boar guy posted:

didn't take 'em very long to nakamura asuka, did it

Wait does she have a vulva punching gimmick now?

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Unless something drastically changes in the next two weeks, this will be the first time since 2003 that John Cena isn't on the SummerSlam card. That's pretty crazy, especially since there's been zero hints about him wrestling or even appearing on the show.

The end of the Cena era really snuck up on us, huh

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

DarkstarIV posted:

The rumors are that [Asuka] will be facing Carmella tonight and being added into the Summerslam match. It makes sense since Carmella isnt booked for anything else.

I'm sorry for you that this did not happen

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Smackdown results added to the OP - watch the main event tag match, it rules!

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Benne posted:

Unless something drastically changes in the next two weeks, this will be the first time since 2003 that John Cena isn't on the SummerSlam card. That's pretty crazy, especially since there's been zero hints about him wrestling or even appearing on the show.

lmao remember cena vs corbin?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
WWE put on a good TV match! When the gently caress is the last time that happened?!

Benne posted:

He quietly broke a six year losing streak when he beat Corbin in the opener last year too.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Jerusalem posted:

Smackdown results added to the OP - watch the main event tag match, it rules!

:hai:

Whoolighams
Jul 24, 2007
Thanks Dom Monaghan
As if there was any doubt where this was going

I do kinda wish I got a Y2AJ shirt though...

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Whoolighams posted:

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Oh poo poo a Boss Hogg t-shirt?

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

GODDAMNIT

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I would be totally into that team name and shirt if I still gave an iota of fucks about either Sasha or Bayley

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
boss and hug connection is an awful name.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Gonz posted:

GODDAMNIT

Too slow :clint:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Benne posted:

I would be totally into that team name and shirt if I still gave an iota of fucks about either Sasha or Bayley

Same tbh.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Benne posted:

They'll likely be jobbing to Becky/Charlotte at Evolution over the tag titles or something. And then explode again.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Whoolighams posted:

I loved the giant sigh by Graves right after Cole said that name out loud on Raw.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I bet you'll be shocked to learn that 205 Live opened with Lucha House Party vs. some grumpy white guys who don't like having fun!

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

That tag match was loving great, and I enjoyed it deeply, and I want to just be more excited for more of it.

But The Usos feuded with and lost the titles to The New Day, who then took the titles back from The Usos, who then took the titles back from The New Day, who then took the titles back from The Usos, who then took the titles back from The New Day, and then the Bludgeon Brothers showed up and won the belts, and now they're going to be defending them against The New Day, who earned their shot by defeating The Bar and The Usos.

It's not like I don't adore them, they're two of the best teams in wrestling history, but it's been this constant back and forth for like a year and a half now and I was really enjoying the tag team championship not involving those same two teams forever.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

CarlCX posted:

That tag match was loving great, and I enjoyed it deeply, and I want to just be more excited for more of it.

But The Usos feuded with and lost the titles to The New Day, who then took the titles back from The Usos, who then took the titles back from The New Day, who then took the titles back from The Usos, who then took the titles back from The New Day, and then the Bludgeon Brothers showed up and won the belts, and now they're going to be defending them against The New Day, who earned their shot by defeating The Bar and The Usos.

It's not like I don't adore them, they're two of the best teams in wrestling history, but it's been this constant back and forth for like a year and a half now and I was really enjoying the tag team championship not involving those same two teams forever.

Zayn/Owens should have taught the audience that when they chant "fight forever" watching a match, WWE takes that as a challenge and you never get to see its participants advance beyond that

JK!
May 10, 2007

EZ-PZ!

DarkstarIV posted:

They'll likely be jobbing to Becky/Charlotte at Evolution over the tag titles or something. And then explode again.

So, Bayley and Sasha will definitely be winning the titles and holding them for a very long time. Got it.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Benne posted:

He's been jobbing for a while, but honestly.....it's never seemed satisfying. Never had that cathartic, this-is-the-end loss. Just all of a sudden started getting put down by one finisher by, like, everyone.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

JK! posted:

So, Bayley and Sasha will definitely be winning the titles and holding them for a very long time. Got it.

Eh, doubt it. I know you are making fun of me with that, but Charlotte is already a 7x women's champion (and they'll probably have her break Trish's record at Wrestlemania next year against Ronda). And they seem to love giving Charlotte first time ever accolades.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

CarlCX posted:

Meh, I feel the same as I did during the record breaking reign: as long as the New Day keep being the most entertaining thing on their show, I really don't care if they're in the title scene forever.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Anyone else watching that Miz & Mrs show? It's pretty entertaining.

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

Is there going to be a musical performance at SS this year?

I think they should get Humpty Hump

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Miz's cheapness and obsession with haggling makes me cringe

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

D.N. Nation posted:

He's been jobbing for a while, but honestly.....it's never seemed satisfying. Never had that cathartic, this-is-the-end loss. Just all of a sudden started getting put down by one finisher by, like, everyone.

He's honestly had several "this is the end" losses where he looked sad, left his arm band in the ring, gave a speech that sounded like the end... only to just show up again and have it all be ignored.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

D.N. Nation posted:

Remember when they threw away Roman vs. Cena at No Mercy and it loving sucked because they laid it out (and Brock vs. Braun) specifically to build Roman vs. Brock at WM34?

The amount of poo poo they sacrificed for that match just to have Brock win clean and keep the reign going is dizzying.

• Locked thread