Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

AppropriateUser posted:

Michael Kay is fine. Al Leiter and John Flaherty should be shot into the sun.

How can one person be so wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Flaherty should be shot into the sun tho

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Maybe catapulted into the sea. Kay is the only one who needs the rocket.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
It would be nice if they wern't getting no hit by a complete piece of poo poo pitcher.

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast

mcmagic posted:

It would be nice if they wern't getting no hit by a complete piece of poo poo pitcher.

I mean, plays like that by Engel help.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
It's unbelievable how many of these just gagging no show games against horrible teams they have had this season.

What a complete embarrassment. 1st and 3rd no one out and they can't score vs this AAA garbage.

mcmagic fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Aug 8, 2018

Well Played Mauer
Jun 1, 2003

We'll always have Cabo
Miguel Candujar.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

We all know Andujar is a bad 3B but players have improved their D before. He can get better over the offseason.

If I was a GM and I saw a performance like this against basically a AAA team, i would start firing people. This is an utter joke.

Greg Bird has AB 200 ABs this season with a 215/306/410. That isn't major league caliber.

Didi in 313 AB's since May 1 249/296/403. Not major league caliber.

LOL

mcmagic fucked around with this message at 04:35 on Aug 8, 2018

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Let the burning of pants commence. These things drive me nuts.

Why didn’t they IBB Abreu? He’s like the only good hitter in that lineup. And they had a lefty on deck.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

ihatepants posted:

Why didn’t they IBB Abreu? He’s like the only good hitter in that lineup. And they had a lefty on deck.

Because no one on the team has any idea what they are doing. Their baseball IQ is like 7.

I like how baseball pundits have been pointing out how easy the Yankee schedule is for the next month. They clearly haven't been following this team.

mcmagic fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Aug 8, 2018

Well Played Mauer
Jun 1, 2003

We'll always have Cabo
Sonny Gray: Elite Closer

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

I think the White Sox lineup might be worse than Tampa's and Baltimore's....

LOL Mets changing their rotation to pitch DeGrom against the Yankees. Dicks.

mcmagic fucked around with this message at 15:40 on Aug 8, 2018

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

Monkey Wrangler posted:

Sonny Gray: Elite Closer

Who knew the secret to fixing Gray was putting more pressure on him.....

Well Played Mauer
Jun 1, 2003

We'll always have Cabo
Maybe that's what it was all the time. In Oakland his lack of run support focused him. Luckily now that the Yankees can't hit anymore, he'll return to form.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Shane Robinson = Everyday player.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.

mcmagic posted:

Shane Robinson = Everyday player.

People are hurt. Chill out. He's like 9th on the outfield depth chart, we just happened to unfortunately reach that far down at this point.

Judge will be back, Frazier will be healthy at some point and would be able to play.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

mikeraskol posted:

People are hurt. Chill out. He's like 9th on the outfield depth chart, we just happened to unfortunately reach that far down at this point.

Judge will be back, Frazier will be healthy at some point and would be able to play.

Nah it's unacceptable to have minor league players playing every day in a pennant race. They should've got another bat or 2 or just not traded Austin.

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Noblest of all dogs is the hot-dog; it feeds the hand that bites it.
I assume Shane Robinson's time is coming up soon since Wade has exclusively been playing the outfield in AAA.

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast
Wearing the Piss Tape hat tonight behind the Yankees dugout, y’all.

Unrelated: I will fight anyone who speaks ill of Shane Robinson or his daughter.

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Looking for you pancakes

Fireworks causing a Haze lol

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Lol so we’re down to 0 starters. Severino is a disaster right now.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Severino is hosed up.

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Maybe they should put Sevy in the bullpen and give Gray his rotation spot because he's been loving terrible for the last month. Over 9 ERA in past 30 days. Gray's is under 4 in same time frame. :suicide:

https://twitter.com/ktsharp/status/1027349738595725312

ihatepants fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Aug 9, 2018

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast

Pancakes posted:

I will fight anyone who speaks ill of Shane Robinson

:smug:

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Giancarlo has the highest rear end!

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Giancarlo makes everything better, if Sevy can make it to the sixth without giving up more runs I'd say he's Not Broken

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Do we get a laugher finally? At least they aren't gonna lose a game to the white sox.

DaStampede
Feb 8, 2018

mcmagic posted:

Do we get a laugher finally? At least they aren't gonna lose a game to the white sox.

Unfortunately, the Red Sox won't lose to the Blue Jays either.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

DaStampede posted:

Unfortunately, the Red Sox won't lose to the Blue Jays either.

I'm watching the Seattle and Oakland scores. Forget about Boston.

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice
I'm going to go to bed with fake confidence that we will win this game and then dream about some crazy trade happening where we get Joey Votto.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

is it okay to say that Severino is right now? or is that too nuanced a take

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Green with a split-change is just mean.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Carlosologist posted:

He’s toast.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

mikeraskol posted:

He’s toast.

I would say trade him but he's so bad they should just outright him to Korea.

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Inspector_666 posted:

They already basically did that with David Hale, if he doesn't watch out, Sevy's next!

DaStampede
Feb 8, 2018

Lumpy posted:

I'm going to go to bed with fake confidence that we will win this game

Rest easy, my friend

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

Inspector_666 posted:

Send the rest of the team with them.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Carlosologist posted:

I wouldn't call 7ip 3er against the White Sox any great shakes.

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

mcmagic posted:

I wouldn't call 7ip 3er against the White Sox any great shakes.

If he threw 9 innings of shutout ball you'd complain about the one hit he gave up in the 4th and how he doesn't have it any more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Lumpy posted:

If he threw 9 innings of shutout ball you'd complain about the one hit he gave up in the 4th and how he doesn't have it any more.

Nah. I wouldn't.

• Locked thread