Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Close thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.
We can't close the thread until the season is over and our expectations have been fully met.

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
This thread needs to ride through the Mariners coming back, fading away, coming back, then faceplanting in the last weekend.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Why do we do this to ourselves

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
Because we don’t have a lovely basketball team anymore.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
It was pretty fun there for a while when I had some confidence that they could make a comeback late in the game

Tonight summed it up. Majority of people in the stadium were Blue Jays fans.

I'm fed the gently caress up.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
It’s designed to break your heart

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
Well, the Mariners were not swept by the Toronto Blue Jays.

They just lost the 4 game series.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

My post worked

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Hey M's fans why is there a thing on deadspin with a fan trying to catch a popup in a bucket of poutine

Is that a thing they always do when the Jays are in town

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.

Intruder posted:

Hey M's fans why is there a thing on deadspin with a fan trying to catch a popup in a bucket of poutine

Is that a thing they always do when the Jays are in town

In the pre-game stuff, there's a fan attraction called "Make a catch, with a catch". Basically a child and their parent go out and try to catch up to 4 fly balls. The child gets to use a glove, but the parent has to use something else. This time around, it was a basket of poutine they had to use.

Chows
Apr 13, 2002

Went to the Rainiers game, Robbie played 1B. Went 1-3 with a walk and probably should have been charged an error on a bobbled grounder. One gentleman very vocally and repeatedly expressed his displeasure at a perceived lack of hustle down the first base line.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
Gotta hustle if you carry fake muscle.

canadianclassic
Nov 3, 2004

So uhhh... We aren't out of it yet but I think felix is dead :smith:

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

canadianclassic posted:

So uhhh... We aren't out of it yet but I think felix is dead :smith:

Felix has been dead for a while, he's by far the worst pitcher in our rotation this year.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Felix staying a loyal Mariner through the darkest years only to eventually cost them a playoff spot is the cruelest loving irony

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
I didn't actually watch the game, but can someone tell me why Felix was left out to die so utterly? Just based on the box it makes no sense why he went out for the 6th at all.

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

Shiroc posted:

I didn't actually watch the game, but can someone tell me why Felix was left out to die so utterly? Just based on the box it makes no sense why he went out for the 6th at all.

probably to crush Felix's spirit so he'll accept long-relief/mop-up duty

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

I know I’m a true Mariner fan because

1. When I mentioned the Felix “GOT EM” strikeout of Beltre to my dad, he immediately said “well we got shelled”

2. Even with Felix getting shelled I can take some joy from that gif.

We will never be happy, will we? :smith:

Chows
Apr 13, 2002

Shiroc posted:

Pen got used up in the 12 inning game on Monday so they couldn't really jump to relief early. That it happened to be a Felix start was most unfortunate.

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

https://twitter.com/MattGHall/status/1027288527174868992

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

That was an embarrassing series.

Chows
Apr 13, 2002

The Ms are back, baby

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

GET ME WILLIAM F BLOOMQUIST

Chows
Apr 13, 2002

What's Big Tom up to these days?

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006

Chows posted:

The Ms are back, baby

The 1979 kind.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
If they drag Ryan Rowland-Smith out of the ROOT studio to go 5 1/3 innings I ... wouldn't be totally opposed at this point

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Felix is probably not gonna get in the hall, making Seattle’s squandering Of him complete.

Benne posted:

If they drag Ryan Rowland-Smith out of the ROOT studio to go 5 1/3 innings I ... wouldn't be totally opposed at this point

RRS pitching Ol Man Moyer type games would actually make me smile

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

If you use the current rubric that lets pitchers in to the hall, no pitchers are getting in.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

TONIGHT WE TURN IT AROUND

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Our lineup tonight is really weird.

Haniger's leading off and Segura is hitting third.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Some Numbers posted:

Our lineup tonight is really weird.

Haniger's leading off and Segura is hitting third.

It worked.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

:stare:

ixnay
Jun 11, 2002

rainbow dash why are you making such a cool face?!
https://twitter.com/statsbystats/status/1027718257430745089?s=21

That’s something!

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

MrMidnight posted:

It worked.

Holy poo poo.

Wait, we knocked out Verlander after TWO INNINGS?!

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

He was ejected.

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
Ejected because he got mad about being called for the balkiest balk that anyone has ever balked.

Chows
Apr 13, 2002

:siren: Felix is being moved to the bullpen :siren:

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

Chows posted:

:911:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Chows posted:

Wow.

• Locked thread