Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction

Phenix Rising posted:

He's honestly had several "this is the end" losses where he looked sad, left his arm band in the ring, gave a speech that sounded like the end... only to just show up again and have it all be ignored.

John Cena should make his "official" retirement match to put over Sin Cara. He might not see you, John, but he can't see anything else, either.
~~~~
My inner very bad person wants the blowoff to the Bryan/Miz feud to be Bryan kayfabe-injuring himself doing a diving headbutt early in the match and then Miz dispatching him with contemptuous ease.

My inner glurgy sap wants Bryan to win decisively, but begrudgingly forgive/accept Miz when he learns from Nanny Sin Cara that their infant daughters are now best friends. :glomp: Sin Cara must be wearing a frilly apron when he explains this.

In reality, I hope it's a competitive match where both men look great coming out of it and don't get the AJ/Nakamura blue balls treatment. Or the later black and blue balls treatment.

~~~~
..........................what I learned today from previewing my post is I apparently want more Sin Cara, and now I feel like I need to re-evaluate a few things about my life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Boss and hug makes me think of swaggers bigg hoss shirt

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Veryslightlymad posted:

John Cena should make his "official" retirement match to put over Sin Cara. He might not see you, John, but he can't see anything else, either.
~~~~
My inner very bad person wants the blowoff to the Bryan/Miz feud to be Bryan kayfabe-injuring himself doing a diving headbutt early in the match and then Miz dispatching him with contemptuous ease.

My inner glurgy sap wants Bryan to win decisively, but begrudgingly forgive/accept Miz when he learns from Nanny Sin Cara that their infant daughters are now best friends. :glomp: Sin Cara must be wearing a frilly apron when he explains this.

In reality, I hope it's a competitive match where both men look great coming out of it and don't get the AJ/Nakamura blue balls treatment. Or the later black and blue balls treatment.

~~~~
..........................what I learned today from previewing my post is I apparently want more Sin Cara, and now I feel like I need to re-evaluate a few things about my life.

What if Bryan kayfabe dies and Miz has to adopt his daughter as a plotline on Miz and Mrs

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Why hasn't Vince broken up the Usos yet since he usually has such a hard on for breaking up tag teams?

Is it because he can't tell the two apart from each other?

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon

oldpainless posted:

Boss and hug makes me think of swaggers bigg hoss shirt

boss and hug and bigg and hoss makes me think of the Higgs boson, the elementary particle responsible for the existence of mass

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

Andrast posted:

Why hasn't Vince broken up the Usos yet since he usually has such a hard on for breaking up tag teams?

Is it because he can't tell the two apart from each other?

Vince can't tell them apart and doesn't want people to know.

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.

Blasmeister posted:

Johnny Gargano

Is that his tag team partner or something

I mean, we mocked the gently caress out of Tomato Chompa for a long rear end time. What gives

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
The main event of Smackdown was real fun, I can't even remember the last time I was actually into a WWE match like that.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Ad by Khad posted:

I mean, we mocked the gently caress out of Tomato Chompa for a long rear end time. What gives

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjCvLQeF0Vk covers pretty much everything he's been doing up until a few months ago. the feud's still going and creating great matches.

Blasmeister fucked around with this message at 07:14 on Aug 8, 2018

JK!
May 10, 2007

EZ-PZ!

DarkstarIV posted:

Eh, doubt it. I know you are making fun of me with that, but Charlotte is already a 7x women's champion (and they'll probably have her break Trish's record at Wrestlemania next year against Ronda). And they seem to love giving Charlotte first time ever accolades.

I was just yankin' ya crank. I was hoping Asuka would end up in the match honestly. I was disappointed in her losing at WrestleMania and I say that as someone who is a fan of Charlotte. I'm actually a fan of all four of the women in the discussion but I'd super love to see Becky or Asuka take it.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Mustafa Ali still deserves so much better.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Ad by Khad posted:

He got real, real good.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

SamuraiFoochs posted:

How'd this post from [Every Week from Wrestlemania 34 to now] get here?

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

Rarity posted:

The main event of Smackdown was real fun, I can't even remember the last time I was actually into a WWE match like that.

I swear they must have different people putting together tag matches versus singles matches, those are almost always so drat dull by comparison.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Incessant Excess posted:

I swear they must have different people putting together tag matches versus singles matches, those are almost always so drat dull by comparison.

Vince doesn't care about tag team matches. That's the whole reason.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
I guess you're right in the sense that they rarely do clean finishes in TV singles matches outside of the undercard, something that certainly doesn't help.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

I can't believe WWE will get the crowd to cheer for Roman after Brock personally suplexes every single person in the audience.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Incessant Excess posted:

He says as AOP pin Apollo Crews with the Last Chapter for the 49126493rd time

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Rarity posted:

He says as AOP pin Apollo Crews with the Last Chapter for the 49126493rd time

Who they have eat the pin in tag matches is always the funniest sort of logic I have to imagine is going through someone's head

"Well Apollo needs to take the pin, he's smaller"
"But Titus is like 40 years old and sucks as a singles and there's no way we're ever doing poo poo with him as opposed to this guy with a lot of talent who's 10 years younger"
"BUT HE'S TALLER"

See also: Cesaro eating all the Bar's pins despite Sheamus' case of 40 year old shitneck

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

DarkstarIV posted:

Eh, doubt it. I know you are making fun of me with that, but Charlotte is already a 7x women's champion (and they'll probably have her break Trish's record at Wrestlemania next year against Ronda). And they seem to love giving Charlotte first time ever accolades.
They're definitely trying to get her to 16 Women's Championship runs by the time she's 35.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Liquid Communism posted:

He got real, real good.
Ciampa has managed to be a heel to the NXT crows which is almost impossible, but I feel like if they try and coast on current storylines that Gargano will just get "Same old poo poo" kind of heat to go along with it.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

RealFoxy posted:

They're definitely trying to get her to 16 Women's Championship runs by the time she's 35.
gently caress me, you're likely right.

Time to break out the "IF CHARLOTTE WINS WE RIOT" signs.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
If Raw and Smackdown were as good as Smackdown last night I'd be a real happy man.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Incessant Excess posted:

Even "bad smackdown" always had good tag team action. Granted thats cause The New Day and The Usos were around during "bad smackdown" eras and this current era isnt particularly bad.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I'm repeating myself, but seriously please everybody watch the New Day/The Bar tag match from Smackdown. It was so good.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

SamuraiFoochs posted:

He's a cop.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Has Samoa joe won a single feud on the main roster?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Just one, against the ultimate loser Sami Zayn.

Klauser
Feb 24, 2006
You got a dick with that problem!?!
Yea or Nay on EC3 lip syncing his own theme during his entrance.

Personally I don't care for it.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Aphrodite posted:

He's a cop.

Ex cop.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
An ex pig is still bacon.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Gonzo McFee posted:

An ex pig is still bacon.

He's an ex cop who puts on awesome matches. Also he got in to try to curb corruption and got out because he couldn't affect the type of change he wanted, so...

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

Ad by Khad posted:

ROH saw his talent, but couldn't book him right to make him shine.

Him and Johnny Gargano are having maybe the best feud in NXT history at the moment where they both look amazing.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Klauser posted:

He's no Taichi.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Wazzu posted:

Him and Johnny Gargano are having maybe the best feud in NXT history at the moment where they both look amazing.

And before that they were a tag team and I seriously don't think either Gargano or Ciampa have had worse than a 4* match in tag or against each other in like, a year.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Wazzu posted:

Big problem for Ciampa in ROH was his injuries. And he's already had one in NXT. I like the guy, but I worry about his health.

Insertnamehere31
Jan 23, 2012

This could be the most one-sided fight since 1973 when Ali faced an eighty-foot tall mechanical Joe Frazier. My memory isn't what it used to be, but I think the entire Earth was destroyed.

Klauser posted:

I like it because I think it fits his character. Either he buys into his own hype so much that he sings his own theme song to hype himself up, or his ego is so fragile and overinflated that he has to reaffirm that he's in the top 1% at all times.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

SamuraiFoochs posted:

He's an ex cop who puts on awesome matches. Also he got in to try to curb corruption and got out because he couldn't affect the type of change he wanted, so...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5fts7bj-so

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

EC3 singing his own theme is good.

So is Carmella singing her own theme. Capisce?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Foochs, buddy... that's part of his 205 Live heart good guy gimmick.

He was a regular rear end suburban cop and he quit because he couldn't balance that with wrestling and his family. He gambled on wrestling.

• Locked thread