Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
maybe pete was stripping to jack it guys

Seriously, who know, he shows up bedraggled to show he's been through the poo poo between now and when we last saw him, and to explain his frantic and immediate need to axe no questions before axing the PROBLEM. If there's more to it we'll see it when we see it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Re: the basement, I instinctively assumed Manolo was involved.

holy poo poo what if Manolo is the real Blue Morpho

...no, he isn't

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
a super-duper costume or something!

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
What was with Doctor Z's story about Blue Morpho last season? How BM was disguised as a woman and they did every possible sexual act. Is BM a shape shifter? Were he and Jonas Sr lovers? Is he... the Monarch and Dr Venture's mother??

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

I don't know, but that is probably my favorite bit from last season.

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

tarlibone posted:

What about Dean trying to put out the fire on Hank's pants?

Cojawfee posted:

Do you dab? I dab.

RandallODim posted:

Stop saying dab!

http://i.imgur.com/JC8C78l.gifv
Just dab! Dab!

Data Graham posted:

Or Hank peeing off the side of the boat, making this awesome arc

Du!du!du!du!du!duh! DUUJ! DUUJ!

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
I don't care about spoilers so keep it up but all this talk about the second ep is killing me because I really want to see it.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Milo and POTUS posted:

I don't care about spoilers so keep it up but all this talk about the second ep is killing me because I really want to see it.

So watch it.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

thexerox123 posted:

So watch it.

It's not on AS website and it hasn't aired on TV yet

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Question Friend posted:

Spoiler for an episode that you actually haven't seen yet

Blue Morpho is Vendata and has a touching moment with Jonas Sr now that they're both cyborgs

Oh! Oh!

Vendata shows up in his Blue Morpho getup and explains his backstory. He's killed again (maybe a self-sacrifice to save his son, maybe a stupid accident, etc). Red Death severs his head and parades it in front of the villains to get his council seat.

Meanwhile, Rusty is left with a headless cyborg body in his lobby, and he does the lazy thing and just plops his dad's head in there. Bingo bango, Jonas is back and in Venture-blue colors, no less.

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...
I'm sure this has been strongly discussed in the black bars, but I rewatched Careers in Science after forgetting Problem was introduced in that episode. I got (metaphorical) chills from Bud Armstrong's description of the Phantom Spaceman's origin:

Bud Armstrong posted:

He gathered everyone in the hangar for what he called "movie night." And under the flickering light of Burt Reynolds' "Sharky's Machine," he OPENED the bay doors! Almost the whole crew was there! "Sharky's Machine!" Yup. They say his phantom spirit still roams these corridors.

I always assumed that it was just Bud making stuff up to raz Hank and Dean. Though with the new episode, with Sharky's Machine and Problem and Jonas, I'm kinda wondering what dots are being connected. Without the second (which I'm assuming is a Monarch/Blue Morpho episode), or third for that matter, I'm left to speculate. Was the incident probably real, complete with murderous (possibly insane) crew member? Was Jonas there, as victim or perpetrator? Or was Jonas already in Problem, and caused it? After the incident, was Jonas left to actually haunt Gargantua, though perhaps in ways that was not present in the original episode?

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Hedrigall posted:

What was with Doctor Z's story about Blue Morpho last season? How BM was disguised as a woman and they did every possible sexual act. Is BM a shape shifter? Were he and Jonas Sr lovers? Is he... the Monarch and Dr Venture's mother??

or maybe just a trans dude

Earnestly
Apr 24, 2010

Jazz hands!
Or maybe just a funny bit? :shrug:

Not everything is obscure foreshadowing.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
...or is it?

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Y'all thought Billy talking about loving a melon was just a joke, but wait until the melon people appear in season 8 and Billy must seduce their queen!

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

glam rock hamhock posted:

Y'all thought Billy talking about loving a melon was just a joke, but wait until the melon people appear in season 8 and Billy must seduce their queen!

I can't wait for the mutant army of the Queen Ant and Brocks children make their dramatic reappearance.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I like how they show that hacking is actuallly mundane and just typing rather than speedy fast THEYVE GOT A TRACE!! GET THE CODE stuff.

Nonexistence
Jan 6, 2014

glam rock hamhock posted:

I misunderstood the question!

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
As the kinda nerd who would look at pete white's screen when they showed some of the 'code that was speaking in tongues' they actually did take pains to make it look like legitimate code even though literally all of what it's doing is nonsense.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.

twistedmentat posted:

I like how they show that hacking is actuallly mundane and just typing rather than speedy fast THEYVE GOT A TRACE!! GET THE CODE stuff.

*dramatic head turn* WE'RE IN

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

SeanBeansShako posted:

*dramatic head turn* WE'RE IN

Yes. Boom!

Also I gotta stop staying up late making all these. Season 3, ho!

https://i.imgur.com/OaXcIWj.gifv

https://i.imgur.com/Aa2GDtS.gifv

https://i.imgur.com/YsCXSO0.gifv

Good night, everyone.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Dispatch from the book: They don't mention the prostitutes at the prom in that section.

twistedmentat posted:

But hacking does often involves decapitating cyborgs plugged into your mainframe with an axe, right?

revolther
May 27, 2008
Cutting the hard line to the attack vector is important and there's nothing that says it can't be done with flair.

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com

PostNouveau posted:

But hacking does often involves decapitating cyborgs plugged into your mainframe with an axe, right?
Pete said he was going to hack the system, and he did exactly, literally that.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

This is still my all time favorite sequence in this show

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Still love that Bloodborne-rear end costume of his.

Let's all remember that we've got a whole other episode to fill in the blanks at the end of episode two, so I'm sure that the mystery of Why Pete White Took His Coat Off will be answered.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

I know right? It's a bad rear end costume. For a man who has invisible limbs the dude is quite the dandy.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Robot Hobo posted:

Pete said he was going to hack the system, and he did exactly, literally that.

Haaaaa. I wonder if that was an intentional pun.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

I love how Pete was trying impress Doc with the cutest little USB drive.

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

John "Black Jack" Pershing
Hard Fucking Core

What was it he called that thumb drive?

Also, forget who said it but Brock did kill something of Jonas Sr.'s...Gargantua 1. You just know Jonas is the sort who would grieve the loss of his creation a nd seek vengeance.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

Pershing posted:

Also, forget who said it but Brock did kill something of Jonas Sr.'s...Gargantua 1. You just know Jonas is the sort who would grieve the loss of his creation a nd seek vengeance.

I don't think Brock destroyed Gargantua 1. When they left, it was still safely in orbit.

And Doc called White's thumb drive "[Pete's] little pink dongle" or something like that. I forget what Pete called it.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

SeanBeansShako posted:

I love how Pete was trying impress Doc with the cutest little USB drive.

Doc is one of the least computer literate of the cast and his technological sensibilities are firmly stuck in the Rocket Age, it's no wonder.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Minor detail I really appreciated: When Gary is running through the house getting ready theres a quick flash of his back and he still has the butterfly tramp stamp :allears: Also for whatever reason Brock never finished his icarus tat

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Doc is one of the least computer literate of the cast and his technological sensibilities are firmly stuck in the Rocket Age, it's no wonder.

It made me laugh so hard when Ansari’s character said where did you find this antiques? The Mayflower? Killed me.

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

John "Black Jack" Pershing
Hard Fucking Core

tarlibone posted:

I don't think Brock destroyed Gargantua 1. When they left, it was still safely in orbit.

And Doc called White's thumb drive "[Pete's] little pink dongle" or something like that. I forget what Pete called it.

I'll have to watch Careers in Science again.

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Pershing posted:

gargantua 1 crashed for unknown reasons at the beginning of guess who's coming to state dinner

when the venture family left gargantua 1 the urine leaking from rusty's spacesuit caused the problem light to blink again

i'm not sure how they're going to retcon the problem light being associated with physical defects in gargantua 1 (melted toy, hull breach, doc's piss) with it being related to jonas being conscious in the new light of Pro.B.L.E.M.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
Ai've been rewatching with the commentary recently. In Guess Who's Coming To State Dinner has a newspaper stating that Gargantua-1 was crashed because of terrorists for some reason.

Also whatever happened to Uncle Vatred's henchmen anyhow

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Improbable Lobster posted:

Ai've been rewatching with the commentary recently. In Guess Who's Coming To State Dinner has a newspaper stating that Gargantua-1 was crashed because of terrorists for some reason.

Also whatever happened to Uncle Vatred's henchmen anyhow

Princess Tinyfeet probably took all his stuff besides the Hover Tank in the divorce

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

As for the men no doubt they drifted to another crew or had to wean themselves off the hench lifestyle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

So now that we've found out that Jonas Venture is still alive, does this mean that the "great man" that Kano killed was the Blue Morpho?