Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Kinda weird to put the Scottish girls on different teams? Then again they've got Hendry facing Hangman, which is also basically designed to be a face/face match. Poor Chardonnay is going to get no reaction, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Cross post from the Lucha Thread, here's the streams for tonight's CMLL show with Taven and the Briscoes in the main:

https://youtu.be/HeRN-f_G0YY

FB: https://www.facebook.com/marcaclaro/videos/1900359380018247/

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
The Buzz has reached Mexico, The Briscoes sold out Arena Mexico tonight.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!
The person who really sold out Arena Mexico is NWA World Historic Welterweight Champion Matt Taven.

EDIT: Former NWA World Historic Welterweight Champion Matt Taven

Mercury Crusader fucked around with this message at 05:16 on Aug 4, 2018

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Briscoes leaving LA Park to get strangled to death was the real buzz.

Roque11
Aug 7, 2016
The time has finally arrived. This will be the week when ROH sells out Madison Square Garden in record time.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Roque11 posted:

The time has finally arrived. This will be the week when ROH sells out Madison Square Garden in record time.

My :tinfoil: conspiracy theory is that Roque is a Rovert alt designed to make his scoops look better by comparison

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Anyone in the Honor Club (lol) interested in parting with their presale code?

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

weekly font posted:

Anyone in the Honor Club (lol) interested in parting with their presale code?

Check your PMs.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
The MSG presale did amazing well. Once the number comes out it will be the story of the week. Another All In type success.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/iamjohnpollock/status/1027283447113441280

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Imagine doubting this buzz. You know who didn't? Roque. He's tuned in to the buzz.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

rovert posted:

The MSG presale did amazing well. Once the number comes out it will be the story of the week. Another All In type success.

just dont announce the card

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Was told by one person they sold 9,000 tickets.

Another person who was a ticket buyer said at like 10:30 they had 4,000 sold and 6,500 in the queue.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

ROH proving that if you stick around long enough and don't aggressively poo poo the bed you can get into that WWE territory of being a household name draw. Congrats.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

We are all fools for not listening to Roque. He is truly plugged in to the buzz

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I'm glad ROH has buzz

Roque11
Aug 7, 2016
What I said was going to happen has happened. Glad to see that even the leader of wrestling twitter has hopped on the bandwagon.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Roque11 posted:

What I said was going to happen has happened. Glad to see that even the leader of wrestling twitter has hopped on the bandwagon.

you're welcome, lizard man.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Roque11 posted:

What I said was going to happen has happened.

I don't blame you for taking a victory lap, this has to be a new feeling for you

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

First talent announced for the card

It's Buzz-y Ray

https://twitter.com/ringofhonor/status/1027283489161465856

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

exploded mummy posted:

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

naito, tanahashi, and okada were announced first

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Tanahashi gonna have a 100% record of selling out the Garden. Not just the John Cena of Japan, he's gonna be the Bruno as well. GO ACE!

TheRico
Mar 1, 2007
Anyone else wanna hook a guy up with a pre-sale code?

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
I think this is the first time in a long time that I couldn’t name a single ROH champion.

I gotta get in on this buzz before the buzz leaves me behind

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i just always assume the briscoes are tag champs.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

triplexpac posted:

I think this is the first time in a long time that I couldn’t name a single ROH champion.

I gotta get in on this buzz before the buzz leaves me behind

So you have the cold guy who spent months feuding with Silas Young as champion after being a big loser who beat the champ who never defended the belt who took it off a guy who was clowned by new japan and only cheered because he took it off of a dude who got a gold watch run who took it off of an awesome guy who saw where this company was heading and bolted

Then theres the dude who lost at top prospect but is the only one left who won it after months of hot shoting the belt

then theres the tag divisions where some combination of the addiction, bucks, briscoes, or kingdom will be holding it because everyone else left (or in the kingdoms case left their 4th best member and filled them up with indy guys including a guy who promptly broke his leg)

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

STONE COLD 64 posted:

i just always assume the briscoes are tag champs.

As safe a bet as that appears to be, before their recent tag title win they managed to NOT be tag champions for 5 whole years. Probably because instead of going "We don't know what to do with the tag titles, just put'em on the Briscoes", during this period ROH booking was along the lines of "We don't know what to do with the tag titles, just put'em on the Bucks"

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

exploded mummy posted:

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
World: Lethal
TV: Martinez
WOH: Sumie
Tag: Briscoes
Trios: Bucks and Cody.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Up to 12,000 tickets sold on presale today.

Best of luck getting tickets tomorrow.

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

Trying to get 5 tickets now - not looking so good.

Did they pull it off?

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!
I was sitting at my computer right with the timer counting down and couldn't get any tickets when Ticketmaster went searching.

ROH might have screwed themselves by selling 12,000 tickets in presales because that's just a plain ridiculous number to hold before public sales.

Though congrats on them selling the most tickets for a non-WWE pro wrestling show since the peak years of WCW.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Justin Godscock posted:

I was sitting at my computer right with the timer counting down and couldn't get any tickets when Ticketmaster went searching.

ROH might have screwed themselves by selling 12,000 tickets in presales because that's just a plain ridiculous number to hold before public sales.

Though congrats on them selling the most tickets for a non-WWE pro wrestling show since the peak years of WCW.

yes, they screwed themselves by selling 12,000 tickets to Madison Square Garden during presale

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
General consensus is the resale bots swooped in and bought all the remaining tickets

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

they should reconfigure for 18k

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Super No Vacancy posted:

they should reconfigure for 18k

:agreed:

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug

Justin Godscock posted:

I was in the same exact boat. I ended up cracking and getting my tickets on Stubhub. I'm relieved but unhappy that it had to be like this. On the other hand, I'm gonna have so much loving fun that I can't stay upset!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!

sportsgenius86 posted:

yes, they screwed themselves by selling 12,000 tickets to Madison Square Garden during presale

OK, I admit I vented but it kinda sucks to be shut-out of general sales when a bulk of them were pre-sold.

I also went the StubHub route so I ain't mad.