Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747
poo poo, at this rate they may actually be planning to fit the Battle of Liberio Arc in this season. If so, they better drat well have the Linked Horizon fascist OP for that.

Sasha dying being the season finale would be loving hysterical, I'm giddy just thinking about the internet meltdown afterwards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Dunno if they'll reach Liberio but 24 episodes seems more than enough to reach the ocean at the current pace. Maybe they'll add in scenes of RBA's version of events during the Shiganshina arc. Idk Ocean just feels like the perfect season finale.

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

17th Separate Kryvyi Rih Tank Brigade named after Konstantin Pestushko
Look to my coming on the first light of the fifth sixth some day
Yeah, it'll be the ocean.

The reason things have been accelerated and reshuffled is to follow the format of the previous seasons: in the manga this arc had a slow start that gradually ramped up tension till the secret police made their move, but here they started with a bang so that they can then take a moment to slow down and analyze the situation and develop the mystery. Next episode will be flashbacks of Historia's and Erwin's backstories for that purpose.

Compressing things now should also leave room to fully present Grisha's journal as its own short story arc at the tail end.

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Cry Havoc and let slip the Hogs of War
Yeah I think we’re going to get to the basement and get his flashback and the origin of the smiling titan. I think we might get some flashbacks with RBA during the fight at the wall, probably around where Bert gets eaten.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Kerning Chameleon posted:

poo poo, at this rate they may actually be planning to fit the Battle of Liberio Arc in this season. If so, they better drat well have the Linked Horizon fascist OP for that.

Sasha dying being the season finale would be loving hysterical, I'm giddy just thinking about the internet meltdown afterwards.

Your a really hosed up dude.

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747

CharlestheHammer posted:

Your a really hosed up dude.

I'm not the one who wrote the story where the hero decides the only acceptable course of action to protect an encircled ethnic nation from a hostile world is to actually for-real nuke the rest of said world rather than just threaten to.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

font color sea
Jan 23, 2017

Expelliarmus!
What an avatar + post combo

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Ah, so all this time Attack on Titan was an allegory for North Korea, and not World War II Japan / Germany / whatever your mind tells you.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Un, I am entrusting you with my final mission, you and not anyone else. The hatred I saw in your eyes that day, I was once that way too. The Chinese saved me just before my home burned down, after that I swore my revenge to America and to restore Korea. But really that involved killing and starving my compatriots who needed protecting. I have killed thousands of subjects of the Democratic People. The main reason I chose you wasn't your hatred, but its because you launched that missile that day. You sought freedom and your brothers and sisters paid the price for it. There's only one way to pay them back.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Kerning Chameleon posted:

I'm not the one who wrote the story where the hero decides the only acceptable course of action to protect an encircled ethnic nation from a hostile world is to actually for-real nuke the rest of said world rather than just threaten to.

Your issues don’t have much to do with this manga.

Seek help man.

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Cry Havoc and let slip the Hogs of War
Dude in the anime thread hating on the conspiracy/revolution arc. I don’t understand it. Titans are terrifying, but humans going after our heroes can be just as scary and more difficult to deal with.

He’s going to be very disappointed with the next season I bet.

Taikuri
Mar 6, 2009

So it doesn't try to shitpost or anything?

Nope, it just lurks there. Completely harmless.

theCalamity posted:

Dude in the anime thread hating on the conspiracy/revolution arc. I don’t understand it. Titans are terrifying, but humans going after our heroes can be just as scary and more difficult to deal with.

He’s going to be very disappointed with the next season I bet.

He did explain that only reason he came to AoT was flesh-mech action:

Donnerberg posted:

It's not that it's bad at the moment. It's just different from what I was looking forward to.

I can understand being let down by being promised titan wrestlemania action for 2 seasons, and then getting human sized coup thriller.

And that is also exactly what manga readers were complaining trough this whole arc when it was released.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Now that the anime has made 2 jokes about potato girl having really good hunter hearing (none of which I remember seeing in the manga) you'd think she could've heard that bullet coming.

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
I'm sure she did but she's not an Ackerman, she's not bullet-dodging fast.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Battle for Shiganshina right after is still hype as gently caress.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

I enjoyed the entire rebellion arc, it was dense with plot

JahRoo
Oct 22, 2010

I got kind of annoyed because it felt like the founding titan power to wipe memories was a little too magical/hand-wavy for me -- but then I got over it.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Where the new chapter at?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I liked that arc but I read it all at once rather than having to wait a month per chapter

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

U-DO Burger posted:

I enjoyed the entire rebellion arc, it was dense with plot

I forgot almost all the faces in the manga during this and it kinda blurred together because it was so slow but it really added alot. And it made all the titular things so much better when they came back. Looking at the gifs in the anime thread and I can't hope but wonder was he really trying to kill his sister's son,his nephew in that moment? The animation looks good.

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

Where is the new chapter at?

Tenzarin fucked around with this message at 07:07 on Aug 7, 2018

JahRoo
Oct 22, 2010

Small spoilers dropped yesterday but nothing major yet

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

Full korean raws are out. Should be tonight or tomorrow for translation

JahRoo
Oct 22, 2010

https://imgur.com/a/50l7avw

Fan translation is out

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

First thoughts: "gently caress"

Gibbering
May 24, 2014

:catdrugs:

Schwarzwald posted:

First thoughts: "gently caress"

Second thoughts: also "gently caress"

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Every chapter is sadder than the last.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Historia's fate is not as terrible as it could've been, at least

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Yet.

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Gibbering posted:

Second thoughts: also "gently caress"

My thoughts: "gently caress yeah!"

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Eej posted:

Historia's fate is not as terrible as it could've been, at least

Yeah, I had a similar thought while feeling like poo poo anyway.

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

But I've yet to figure out a better way to spend my time.
Eren did nothing wrong. The 104th are giving up on him too quickly. I love this development though of the "band breaking up".

I suspect that Eren was the one who tipped off Historia and also got her pregnant. The farmhand is a red herring/cover story to protect them both: Historia was already pregnant, hence her expression when meeting the farmhand. I suppose this is dependent on them having a reliable means of detecting a pregnancy, although they could also have done the deed and just hoped for the best.

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

I would really prefer if you would be quiet.
I can't help but giggle at the idea of Eren and Historia trying to bone but every time they touch Eren has crazy memory flashbacks because he's touching royal blood. Or even better, somehow trigger the coordinate on accident at a crucial time and erase everyone's memories + make them have a spontaneous orgasm on the spot

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

17th Separate Kryvyi Rih Tank Brigade named after Konstantin Pestushko
Look to my coming on the first light of the fifth sixth some day
Are you 12?

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

Yeah if it makes you feel better about my joke post I guess.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Tenkaris posted:

Yeah if it makes you feel better about my joke post I guess.

I was going to post the usual "source your quotes" but boy that is an original isnt it

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

Rigged Death Trap posted:

I was going to post the usual "source your quotes" but boy that is an original isnt it

Hey, someone suggested Eren boned a royal, I had questions and that's how I chose to express them v:shobon:v

He's always having weird things happen when he touches royalty, so what if it's a bad touch???

Tenkaris fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Aug 8, 2018

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son
Can you expand on your theory please, in explicit detail if you would

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Eren being the dad over some random mook is inconsequential to the story and is the least bad reason for why Historia is in her situation right now so I don't hold much faith in that actually being true. On the other hand Eren is kicking the bucket in 5 years so maybe that's enough pathos for Isayama to work with and the final panel of the manga being Mikasa carrying a black haired baby standing in the rubble of Paradis island with the war over and all her friends dead saying "Let's go, Eren."

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
Yeah someone's gotta get that girl a puppy or something before Eren dies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

it was def eren that told historia imo